Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!:
    In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : Just don't use this to get back at him for other things. This subject needs to be treated with respect for the victims and not contaminated by extraneous grudges. I have confidence you see this.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Which is why Paterno deserves to be scorned along with the rest of them. That said the one who deserves the most scorn thrown at him other than the rapist himself   ( I expect his fellow inmates will treat him exactly as he deserves ) is that punk McQueary. I still can't fathom how any civilized human being could witness that, walk away and be able to look at himself in the mirror or sleep for the rest of his life.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from quasi1981. Show quasi1981's posts

If everyone can ESPN 2 today, Friday Nov 11th, Jon Ritchie, I don't know if he played in the NFL, but he played for Stanford, and on ESPN first take, he was interviewed by the panel.

He was recruited by Penn State, and Sandusky was recruiting him.  Ritchie said the guy was the most amazing human being he had ever met and all the great things he was doing, and Ritchie went to Stanford and they kept in touch, and when he heard about what has been going on, and to see his confusion and how humbled he was.  It was great to watch someone who had a personal friendship, and was going to work with him after his playing days.  For him it wasn't so easy to flip out into intense anger.  He had to get over his shock.

His take was the exact opposite of Gerry Callahan's on WEEI.  Callahan was so angered and overly judgemental as if he had done something maybe in his college days with a girl, or he was abused himself.  

Ritchie wasn't condoning this at all, but his personal feelings, his closeness to Sandusky, all went to his soul, confusing and shocking him.

It is hard to see someone so revered as Sandusky was, and then the realization of what he really had become, and When it is close to home for any of us, nothing is ever quite so clear and precise as Callahan's complete cursing and wanting the guy to be essentially put to death. 

The school handled it all wrong and all of them are to blame, not just Paterno, and it is not easy to flip the switch on someone you thought had been a great man!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

If everyone can ESPN 2 today, Friday Nov 11th, Jon Ritchie, I don't know if he played in the NFL, but he played for Stanford, and on ESPN first take, he was interviewed by the panel. He was recruited by Penn State, and Sandusky was recruiting him.  Ritchie said the guy was the most amazing human being he had ever met and all the great things he was doing, and Ritchie went to Stanford and they kept in touch, and when he heard about what has been going on, and to see his confusion and how humbled he was.  It was great to watch someone who had a personal friendship, and was going to work with him after his playing days.  For him it wasn't so easy to flip out into intense anger.  He had to get over his shock. His take was the exact opposite of Gerry Callahan's on WEEI.  Callahan was so angered and overly judgemental as if he had done something maybe in his college days with a girl, or he was abused himself.   Ritchie wasn't condoning this at all, but his personal feelings, his closeness to Sandusky, all went to his soul, confusing and shocking him. It is hard to see someone so revered as Sandusky was, and then the realization of what he really had become, and When it is close to home for any of us, nothing is ever quite so clear and precise as Callahan's complete cursing and wanting the guy to be essentially put to death.  The school handled it all wrong and all of them are to blame, not just Paterno, and it is not easy to flip the switch on someone you thought had been a great man!
    Posted by quasi

Sorry, but Sandusky is a sick animal and should be put to death (he won't be); society would be better off. Hard to feel sorry in the least for what ultimately happens to him. Put me squarely in Callahan's camp. Child molesters are the scum of the earth; even inmates consider child molesters to be targets for violence in prison. I hope there is a special place in hell for Sandusky; remember, this is a sicko who started a non-profit just so it could put him close to little boys.

I'm happy Ritchie enjoyed his previous social interactions with Sandusky. Bet he and his wife feel like saps.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : I got a chuckle out of that one Russ.  Did you see my post about the timing of the indictments.  makes me sick and I am convinced its not a coincidence.  Get Paterno his win (most for a d1 coach) then nail the school for its indiscretions.  If this is true, it makes Paterno's statement about retiring at the end of the season even worse.  Why?  because if a concerted effort was made to wait to indict after paterno gets the record, then he had to have been aware that all of this sh*t was going to hit the fan and that he was going to go down with it.  Yet he still made a public statement about how HE would handle HIS position.  Disgraceful.  I realize that I am speculating, but connecting these dots isn't too hard. 
    Posted by UD6

Doggg:  for the second time today, I'm in total agreement with you (and here I thought it wouldn't happen once in a lifetime - LOL :).  And I don't think you're speculative stance could possibly be far off.  The first mention of something rotten in Happy Valley was as far back as 1998.  Then again in 2002 or 2004 - point is, they - Joe and school officials and perhaps authorities, KNEW there was SOMETHING amiss with this guy.  That's why I'm not cutting Joepa any slack whatsoever.  This isn't something like a NCAA violation, even a serious one.  It's systemmatic, overlooked child rape.  I don't see how anybody can view it as something less.  This is beyond football teams, coaches, legends, etc.  It's high treason for any civilized society.  These were kids for crying out loud - always err on the side of caution - don't sweep it under the rug.  Again, shock of shocks but you've been spot on in every post in regards to this subject.  And I'm glad that even the most intense Pats fans are seeing it similarly.  This issue transcends a game - nice to see the majority of folks seeing this as the horror it really was.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

I do not consider the man a fraud, at least not yet. He is a very old man who made a very bad mistake. No one thinks he does much of the coaching anymore there so who knows how much mental capacity he really has at this stage. Is he senile in anyway? I have yet to hear him speak as I write this. President Reagan forgot that he signed on to the Iran-Contra deal while president (I'm not going into the polotics of the issue just human frailty and forgetfulness) so who knows what Paterno really knew and remembered. He should definately lose his job if the allegations are true but a life time of good works should not necessarily be overlooked for mistakes made as an old man. I want to hear his defense before calling him a fraud. If it is determined that he was knowingly silent to try to get the all time victory record than that is reprehensible but untill all the facts are in I will withhold calling him a fraud.  
    Posted by ccnsd

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

I do not consider the man a fraud, at least not yet. He is a very old man who made a very bad mistake. No one thinks he does much of the coaching anymore there so who knows how much mental capacity he really has at this stage. Is he senile in anyway? I have yet to hear him speak as I write this. President Reagan forgot that he signed on to the Iran-Contra deal while president (I'm not going into the polotics of the issue just human frailty and forgetfulness) so who knows what Paterno really knew and remembered. He should definately lose his job if the allegations are true but a life time of good works should not necessarily be overlooked for mistakes made as an old man. I want to hear his defense before calling him a fraud. If it is determined that he was knowingly silent to try to get the all time victory record than that is reprehensible but untill all the facts are in I will withhold calling him a fraud.  
    Posted by ccnsd

Just as ignorance of the law is no excuse, if he is that senile, it would be downright negligent to remain in such a powerful position, which has so much direct impact on the lives of young people (not just the alleged victims).

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

Personally I could care less about this whole mess and think the media should S.T.F.U. and stop talking about it. That said, it's pretty obvious to me that Joe swept this under the rug along time ago probably because he knew he could have been fired then. When you have a scandal like this heads are gonna roll. College football is unwatchable in my opinion for about 568 reasons...

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobo354. Show bobo354's posts

My question is if Mc Queary saw the rape happening why didn't he stop it then instead of notifying Joe the next day? I would have knocked that molester out right then and there!!!

Sections
Shortcuts