PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : Go read the grand jury report.  Its pretty damning towards Paterno's superiors for lying to that grand jury and sure makes it look like they tried to cover it up.
    Posted by Anti-Lib[/QUOTE]

This was the statement that caused my question:

Everyone one at the university knew about it, the police, the states attorney general, (now the governor), the DA.  The DA dissapeared a few years into the case only to find his computer in the river minus the harddrive.  The new DA refused to take the case and here we are today

There's no doubt there was a cover up, but implicating the governor - can't get much higher than that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

what does a monica bj have to do with rpaing a little boy - other than the fact that you are a republican

[QUOTE]Although this directly effects Penn Stater's Is really effects all of us. Penn State is an Amercian Institution that tried to establish standards that all Americans aspire to meet. This or some orher slimey thing could happen in any large Iconic Institition. (I mean look what happened in the White House with Monica) There are explanations for what happenned here - but no excuses. As a Penn State fan a piece of me has been ripped out. I believe everyone should "do the right thing" every time. but that is impossble. and it didn't happen here. If i had to be Mcqueery - i don't think i could ever forgive myself. I cannot imagine seeing Sandusky and that poor boy - its is heart breaking and to do nothing -.. ug But with all of the other people who testified in the GJ - like the janitors -A whole bunch more people are going to have alot to answer for. this is only the beggining.    And I want it all cleaned out
    Posted by seawolfxs[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

"might have" "likely knew" "rumor"

you are an idiot underdog

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : There are some people who can't see the forest for the trees.  Paterno might have seen even the act of turning in his DC of many years as an indictment of himself.   IMO Paterno likely knew much more than he's let on.  There's rumor that Sandusky was forced to retire in 99 in exchange for the cover up.  That would indict Paterno completely.    http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-sandusky-a-state-secret/timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-sandusky-a-state-secret/article_863d3c82-5e6f-11e0-9ae5-001a4bcf6878.html This article was written last April.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]"might have" "likely knew" "rumor" you are an idiot underdog In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]
    Devil,
    Which is it you have a problem with  - Are you a paterno defender or a little boy lover?  

Regardless, you are sick. 

And I'll finish with this - I thought it was pretty evident pretty quickly that the Duke Lacrosse kids were innocent of their accusations.  At times we all jump to conclusions, but there's too much here and Sandusky was too close to Paterno for Paterno not to be a part of the cover up. 

And his press release prior to his firing smacked of arrogance and public arm twisting for no one's benefit but his own.  He couldn't even allow the process to play itself out.  He had to let everyone know what HE was willing to do for the university as it regarded him.  Oh, thank you Joe Pa, thank you. 

good riddance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Russ - Penn State is still a significant school in terms of football.  In the last 20 years they were not ranked at all only 3 times.  Since 2005 they've finished ranked in the top 10 3 times and in 05 they finished 3rd. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :At times we all jump to conclusions, but there's too much here and Sandusky was too close to Paterno for Paterno not to be a part of the cover up. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You are not any better than all of these idiot sportswriters trying to make a career off of this.  You have no evidence for any of these assertions except unfounded rumors and conjecture.  To pretend that the media is treating this any differently than the Duke Lacrosse "scandal" is laughable.  I think the Grand Jury testimony presents a pretty damning case against Sandusky.  After that we don't know anything.  If your standard of proof is this low you must have really been sold on WMDs in Iraq.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]I also thought it was weak "Paterno's Camp" thought it was poor form with how they fired him. Really? I think we're past the point of the sittign down and having a cup of coffee and explaining why we're going in another direction with you, as an 84 year old coach. Underpants is usually wrong, but he very well may be spot on with this one.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

They had to fire him because of the media.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : Oh, I am not sayyinng that. I get it.  They've made some runs here and there since the 1980s. But, so has Iowa or Wisconsin, Michighan State, etc.  They haven't been this powerhouse program like they were when Paterno was in his heyday in the 1970s and 1980s/early 1990s. Also, sometimes their rankings have been tied to the BCS being dumb and giving him too much respect, too. Look at their offense this year. The guy is Joe Paterno, they sit in a hotpocket of recruiting and the guy hasn't had a great team there (sustained) for a long time. Their QBs blow, RBs blow, etc. They put out some LBs.  Whopdee-doo. BC does that.

Silas Redd is a good back.  Their problem has always been QB.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

my point was that your own language indicates you don't know the facts- so why move so quickly to punish paterno?

you and people like you are the reason we shouldnt have the death penalty

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : Devil, Which is it you have a problem with  - Are you a paterno defender or a little boy lover?   Regardless, you are sick.  And I'll finish with this - I thought it was pretty evident pretty quickly that the Duke Lacrosse kids were innocent of their accusations.  At times we all jump to conclusions, but there's too much here and Sandusky was too close to Paterno for Paterno not to be a part of the cover up.  And his press release prior to his firing smacked of arrogance and public arm twisting for no one's benefit but his own.  He couldn't even allow the process to play itself out.  He had to let everyone know what HE was willing to do for the university as it regarded him.  Oh, thank you Joe Pa, thank you.  good riddance.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : Dude, I am talking in generalities not the occassional good player on the team now. He actually puts out WEAK, flimsy pro players.  Not sure why, but it's true. It's "LB U" and I question that. No one is doing jumping jacks over Arrington, Dan Connor, Poluszny, etc. Really nice college careers, but those ended quick either due to injury, or just not being that good for the pros. The days of Ham and Shane Conlan are long gone.

What does how the players perform in the pros have to do with the school's standing in the NCAA.  Tim Tebow hasn't done squat in the NFL, but few would argue Florida wasn't a powerhouse when he was there.  Who from the 1st championship D panned out.   Jarvis Moss?  Derrick Harvey?  Laughable.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : It doesn't. Just a sidebar conversation on the fly. Calm down. 

I am calm.  I don't disagree that they have underachieved because of Paterno's age.  At the same time I thought your premise about the quality of the players at every position other than QB was flawed.  Most Penn State teams that have had good QB's have been pretty good (Darryl Clark and Michael Robinson come to mind).  It's been a problem position.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : Are you serious? Dude, come on. They had to fire him because the scandal is so big and smelly, it's beyond ridiculous. Not to mention, the dude currently employs McCreary. They just can't go on, bro.  Come on. You can't blame the media. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

If you don't think every publication in America calling for his dismissal and ignoring the available evidence to claim beyond a doubt that he knew what was going on (and is therefore morally culpable) didn't have a role in his dismissal we will just have to agree to disagree.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : I hear what you are saying on that, but at some point you can't pick and choose whose heads roll and whose doesn't. It's kind of like what we just saw with the Red Sox. It was clearly time for Coddling Coma to move on as well as Theo and his obssession over stats, almost exclsively. Both are to blame, just like Paterno. If you ask the AD to step down, that means you have to ask Paterno to.  They didn't, so they get canned instead. Paterno is Nixon, but ironically and very sadly, this is clearly far worse than some political warfare. I am not saying Paterno was in on some cover up, definitively. Maybe. But, to act he can have this god-like status and then escape from a story like this, is ridiculous. You seem to have a hard time accepting the reality and depth of what's happened here. Are you a PSU grad?

I am aware of why he was fired.  It wasn't unexpected.  That doesn't mean I agree with the entire premise.  No I am not a PSU grad, but I respect Paterno because he is one of the last coaches at a major program that actually remembers the student part of student-athlete.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : You are not any better than all of these idiot sportswriters trying to make a career off of this.  You have no evidence for any of these assertions except unfounded rumors and conjecture.  To pretend that the media is treating this any differently than the Duke Lacrosse "scandal" is laughable.  I think the Grand Jury testimony presents a pretty damning case against Sandusky.  After that we don't know anything.  If your standard of proof is this low you must have really been sold on WMDs in Iraq.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]
    I didn't say the media attention is any different than the Duke Lacrosse "scandal"  Try again PCM. 

The GJ testimony provides pretty damning evidence against a number of people, not just Sandusky. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camcole9. Show Camcole9's posts

If Joe Pa is as innocent as some of his defenders are proclaiming, then why not go public with the details that we all craive, such as how much he knew, when he knew it and what he did about it?  My guess is that new PSU board now knows and did not want to fail as the Catholic church did.  Also, all the good that JoePa did is no diff than the many good that Catholic priests may have done while still covering-up (or at least turning a bling eye) to a heinious crime. If we focus on the harm done to the victims, there is no way we can defend/forgive JoePa or any other person involved in the cover-up no matter how much good they have done in the past. This entire episode smells of abuse of power!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : This was the statement that caused my question: Everyone one at the university knew about it, the police, the states attorney general, (now the governor), the DA.  The DA dissapeared a few years into the case only to find his computer in the river minus the harddrive.  The new DA refused to take the case and here we are today There's no doubt there was a cover up, but implicating the governor - can't get much higher than that.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

You're mixed up. The thing you're refering to was the original accusation by a boy's parents years before the other incidents. In that the DA decided there wasn't enough evidence to prosecute. What Paterno and the others were fired for happened over the course of several years after and was not only not reported to the civil police it wasn't reported to the campus police. Read the Grand Jury report if you can stomach it. Anyone who heard the story of the kid being raped in the shower and did not go imediately to the cops should be shot.