PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : From the Grand Jury testimony: "Schultz testified that he was called to a meeting with Joe Paterno and Tim Curley, in which Paterno reported "disturbing" and "inappropriate" conduct in the shower by Sandusky upon a young boy, as reported to him by a student or graduate student.  Schultz was present in a subsequent meeting with Curley when the graduate assistant reported the incident in the shower involving Sandusky and the boy " And Later: " Schultz oversaw the University Police as part of his position" Gee it looks like the Police were notified and Schultz dropped the ball which is why he was indicted.  Before you say the University Police are not legit they are the only police force which deals with the campus.  If you call 911 that is who you get.  They are armed/trained officers.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]
    So then Paterno is done?  That's it?  If Schultz does nothing then Paterno should have done nothing? 

Schultz has been arrested for his lack of action. 

That doesn't absolve Paterno who has more University power than either Schultz or the AD.  Why didn't Paterno at least get him banned from the campus?  why didn't paterno at least ban him from football practices and games? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : You aren't entitled to anything here, boy.  This is a Patriots site.  You are entitled to shut up and get out.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

Dave - try for one day not to be an idiot.  You might find it refreshing.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jakern. Show jakern's posts

Joe "Pa" (u really call an 84 year old man Joe PA)
    Anyway, he may have been innocent in 2002, but he is a conspirator to every child that got molested AFTER he knew about it and kept quiet.

Even someone as isolated as he was in his own Happy Valley world needs to understand he allowed other kids to be molested. Fired? he should be put in jail with the rest for everything that he ALLOWED to happen after 02.

Not fair I know, but I'll never look at a PSU grad the same way again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gazzzmann. Show gazzzmann's posts

[QUOTE]This is totally wrong! He was and is the greatest college coach ever.
    Posted by davidhatch[/QUOTE]

You are a Total IDIOT

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jakern. Show jakern's posts

If found that Sandusky molested anyone after 02 and Paterno really did know in 02 he should be charged as a conspirator and someone should explain to the crazy old man that HE (and others) had as much as Sandusky in molesting those boys.
    Joe speaks out in 2002 no one else ever gets molested. Who thinks Sandusksy stopped in 2002 here?

Hey Joe, why don't you join a monestary and oh wait, ok, then just move to Florida and be done with. I doubt PSU needs your help in restoring it's reputation.

Not fair I know, but I'll never look at a PSU grad the same again.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]what does a monica bj have to do with rpaing a little boy - other than the fact that you are a republican In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :
    Posted by patthepatriot666[/QUOTE]

That our institutions have been corrupted by all sorts of people
    who do things for there own personal greed. that we all believe
    in the good of these institutions. and we are all hurt when somebody
    misuses them.

btw - Monica's life has been ruined - although she does bare responsibility-
    and in any other place she would have been able to sue the federal govenment
    for sexual harrassment -

is she in more pain than these boys - no -
    but "do the right thing" didn't happen in either case
    and an Amercian Institution was harmed

pick somthing a Republican or democrat did to harm an Amercian instution
    and i will say the same thing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The victim list will grow – I hope it won’t -- but sexual predators don’t just stop offending, especially one so brazen.  And if any more recent (post 2002?) victims come out and say that they were molested how can that not be an indictment of the decision making process of the whole PSU community, from president on down to coach?  The story was squashed and a man has evaded justice for a long time because there was a cover up. 

If Paterno didn’t know anything prior to the McCreary (sp?) report, I could buy that even though it’s a stretch.  But clearly, various PSU officials let Sandusky have access to the campus facilities.  The guy should’ve been a pariah.  No one ever made a report to the police after the rape allegations, and even if you think that Paterno has no responsibility to tell what he knows to the police, either legally or morally, shouldn’t he have personally seen to it that Sandusky never walked on the PSU campus again?    

You can’t know what Paterno knew and hand the keys to a guy that has been caught in the act numerous times according to the indictment. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnTAlouette. Show JohnTAlouette's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : That actually makes Paterno more culpable. Of all those involved he had the power and stature to go to the police without fear of reprisals from the university. Had he done that he would have been looked at as a man who put doing the right thing before anything else.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]
    My sentiments exactly. He was the king, the very embodiment of Penn State.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The victim list will grow – I hope it won’t -- but sexual predators don’t just stop offending, especially one so brazen.  And if any more recent (post 2002?) victims come out and say that they were molested how can that not be an indictment of the decision making process of the whole PSU community, from president on down to coach?   The story was squashed and a man has evaded justice for a long time because there was a cover up.   If Paterno didn’t know anything prior to the McCreary (sp?) report, I could buy that even though it’s a stretch.   But clearly, various PSU officials let Sandusky have access to the campus facilities.   The guy should’ve been a pariah.   No one ever made a report to the police after the rape allegations, and even if you think that Paterno has no responsibility to tell what he knows to the police, either legally or morally, shouldn’t he have personally seen to it that Sandusky never walked on the PSU campus again?      You can’t know what Paterno knew and hand the keys to a guy that has been caught in the act numerous times according to the indictment.  
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]
    There are others after 2002.  That's how this whole thing came out.  It was going on as recently as 2009 or 2010

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

1) The Big 10 / PAC 10 / Big 12 / ND have all come down a peg
      compared to the SEC - the number of NFL calibre players
      no longer go to the old Powerhouses - Paterno at his peak
       wouldn't have made a difference - and then too PSU is a Public Ivy
    and getting a lot of NFL type players in there just isn't going to happen

2) the Pa AG has said that Paterno is not under investigation for anything
        After 3 years I think they know what they are going to prosecute
         So it really then becomes a matter of what he should have done
            morally vs legally. 

3)  I believe that the since PSU is state run - the PSU police
          are under the PA state auspices
          Something tells me when all she s**t comes out that there
            might be some Police misconduct too - just a hunch

4) when I heard about all the janitors knowing what happened in one
         case - then there must be 100's of people who knew something
           but because you knew something or didn't prevent something
                    does't necesarrily make it illegal - 
           But then it doesn't mean that he won't be part of civil suits
              And this is going to cost $millions

5) I have tried not to reaad the GJ report but I think  I will have to
         As I have said I am a fan of PSU/ have been there and it is
           quite a place - but in order for PSU to start to regain
            its value - we have to have a complete white paper-
           what ever comes out will just have to be dealt with

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bulgani. Show bulgani's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :  Very good post TP. I have children myself but I am wary about jumping to conclusions without knowing all the facts. Jumping to conclusions is what the media and the public do time after time in this country. The primary concern for the press is to make money selling papers or selling advertisements. Convict them on page 1 and then exonerate them on page 50 nine months later. 
    Posted by ccnsd[/QUOTE]

Paterno is football's Cardinal Law and Spania is the pope. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]TexasPat3 ... Again , I appreciate your input but WHY R U SO SET ON BEING A JOE PA APPOLIGIST ?

RESPONSE: Whose apologizing for him? All I'm saying is that it's time to curb the emotions, and find out the whole story, before we jump to conclusions, and allow the media to crucify him.  

I disagree that the only reason this is a story is because of Paterno's involvement , its only part of the equation .

RESPONSE: Nonsense. If Paterno wasn't involved at all, this story wouldn't be getting the play it's getting.

I repeat  - If Paterno wanted Sandusky gone / stopped ... It would have happenned long ago. ( Does anybody actually believe that some unknown AD or even the schools president wielded more juice than the countrys most celebrated college football coach  ? ) Paterno protected a pedophile and has to be held accountable.

RESPONSE: We don't know that. We don't know what Paterno knew, other than the fact that this one grad student came forward to him. We know that thereafter, Paterno reported it. If he intended to protect Sandusky, why did he do that? We don't know what internal investigations were then ordered, if any. We don't know how definitive the grad student was about what he saw. Paterno has done two lifetimes of good for his school, those who played under him, and his community. He deserves the benefit of the doubt, until all the facts are in. 

Joe Pa's age is irrelevant ...  If it means calling out a morally deficient "old man" , I say let loose the jackals .

RESPONSE: I completely disagree. No one is the same person at age 74 as they were at age 44. At age 84...harping on an old man, without the full facts being in, is unfair, to say tthe least. You have already convicted Paterno of protecting a pedophile, based on insufficient facts.    

PATERNO'S 1ST PRIORITY AS A HUMAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN TO PROTECT THOSE KIDS FROM HIS FRIEND.

RESPONSE: Do you really think that Paterno knew that Sandusky was raping children? Pedophiles are very good at disguising who they are. They're very manipulative, and very good liars. If Joe had seen this himself, I have no doubt that he would have strongly intervened. Yet, he got what may have been a tepid story from a grad student about his best friend. Evidently, the grad student wasn't too convinced about what he saw, since he didn't intervene, or go to the police. We just don't know enough to tear this 84 year old man to shreds. Let the process take it's course.

If Paterno wants to do the right thing ( belatedly ) He should come clean and tell the truth about what went down.

RESPONSE: You're assuming he hasn't "come clean". How do you know? Were you there? Were you privy to the conversations?  Sorry...but you're jumping to conclusions, my friend.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : "You can't invite public glorification and expect private disgrace " . Underdog : IMO this may have been your single best post ever.  ( Your closing quote was as spot -on as anything I've seen written on the subject ) PS  Colts suk
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Captain...think about what you're saying. By agreeing with "The Dog(gggg), you're agreeing with the opinion of a certified, time tested idiot. That alone should cause you to pause, and examine this matter more closely.

LOL!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Anybody else just want this story to go away? Enoughs enough already. He's fired now, its over, no need to talk about it 24/7 ESPN
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Emotions are running high...but reliable facts and information are running low. Let's move on, and let the investigation into this matter take it's course.

All of us here, even "The Dog(gggg)", despise pedophiles. But, Joe Paterno raped no one. He did do something to bring the allegations against Sandusky to light. We don't know exactly what he knew, what other actions he may have taken, or what he was told. Last time I checked, people in this country are still innocent until proven guilty. Let's wait for the facts to come out before we crucify him, and destroy his reputation.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrule55. Show patsrule55's posts

The egregious part of this is the lack of accountability demonstrated by all involved. He was the head coach, and responsible for the activities of his staff...and former staff they let work there. The abdication of responsibility is symbolic of what's happening in our society...... Watching the student body react with the protests over his firing is almost as troubling as the actual event....is a football coach that important in their lives then what happened to those poor children and which he bore responsibility to prevent future abuses?Where is their moral compass.....when football becomes revered to the extent it's happening at that university, then something is seriously wrong.....and when the head coach tells the president he not leaving....three years ago.....you know there is marginal governance and oversight

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

THE ONLY RELEVANT QUESTION  IS: WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE IN THE SITUATION YOURSELF? WOULD YOU HAVE HAD THE MORAL FORTITUDE AND MORAL CERTAINTY TO USURP THE UNIVERSITY AND BRING THIS TO THE POLICE DIRECTLY?

It is easier to abstractly pass judgement on others, it is much harder when we are in the situation ourselves and forced to make difficult moral choices. As much as I agree a crime was committed by Sandusky and Univ AD and VP in not going to the police, I am not sure I would have acted differently than JoePA if I were in the situation live and it was 9 years ago when it happened. Perhaps, that shows failing in my own moral character....I seek not to rationalize but rather to point out the difficulty of always trying to do the right thing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Wow TP - even in grave situations you can't seem to stop yourself from being a horses @ss. 

We do know from Paterno's GJ testimony that he was told that the graduate assistant saw Sandusky engaged in "fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy". 

You can choose to bury your head in the sand and not connect any dots in the name of "we really don't know".  At the very least however, you have to be able to accept that Paterno had authority to keep Sandusky away from the football program going forward.  From the testimony, he did not do that. 

Further, and bury your head if you must, if Paterno had reason to believe that the graduate assistant was lying (was someone he couldn't trust) then why would Paterno have kept him on the staff for the last 9 years? 

One or the other should have happened.  Paterno doesn't believe McQueary and gets rid of him, or Paterno believes McQueary and a) stands up for the victim with greater involvement and has Sandusky removed from university access or if he doesn't have that kind of power (does anyone believe that?) at least all football related activities. 

Neither happened.  Thus Paterno and McQueary were involved in the cover up.