PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!

In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!!:
    [QUOTE]According to the grand jury testimony- McQuery told Palmero that his former defensive coordinator was raping a 10 year old child in the shower, in graphic detail. Not that it matters- but this was at night at a time when no one else was expected to be in the locker room and the rapist still had keys to the place. Find the testimony. It has everything you need to know. This is one of the most despicable crimes.  Why law enforcement wasn't immediately called and this monster immediately arrested will haunt all involved in this sordid situation for the rest of their lives. And it should. In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

Look...most of those involved are either ex-football players, coaches or athletic department administrators. These are people who have spent a large amount of their lives inside men's locker rooms.

If you think for one second that McQueary didn't describe in GRAPHIC DETAIL to Paterno exactly what he saw in the showers, you've obviously not spent much time inside men's locker rooms. I'm not buying for one minute the description being along the lines of an "inappropriate contact."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Wow. You're either out of touch with reality or don't have any kids. I feel sorry for you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : That's a very easy question to answer for most people having morals. If I'm McQueary walking into the showers, that's why we have 2 x 4's and lead pipes. At least two shots to the back of Sandusky's head after I scream at him to STOP RAPING A LITTLE BOY. Then I IMMEDIATELY call the police. Any action short of these is inexcusable. Because this didn't happen, anyone involved should be fired or jailed, or both.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

Agreed. But, only some should be jailed. Why should Paterno be jailed? He didn't witness the crime, and he did report it to the AD.

I imagine that some sort of follow-up internal investigation was conducted. If not, then the AD and the President should face criminal charges for failing to take action. We don't know what, it anything further, Paterno did. If it is shown that he actively participated in a cover-up, different story.   

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! :      Agreed. But, only some should be jailed. Why should Paterno be jailed? He didn't witness the crime, and he did report it to the AD.     I imagine that some sort of follow-up internal investigation was conducted. If not, then the AD and the President should face criminal charges for failing to take action. We don't know what, it anything further, Paterno did. If it is shown that he actively participated in a cover-up, different story.   

Where did I say Paterno should be jailed? I said either "fired or jailed, or both."

Firing Paterno is fine by me, unless it comes out that he was actively involved in a conspiracy to cover up Sandusky's activities. If so, he needs to go to jail too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]   To call Paterno "an unconscious human being", who "lost his soul" is grossly unfair...in light of the above. There was one person who told him about an "incident" regarding Sandusky and a boy in a shower. We don't know exactly what Paterno was told. We do know that the "witness" didn't think enough of the incident to personally intervene, or report it to the police. Thereafter, Paterno reported it to the AD. We don't know what transpired thereafter...whether there was an internal investigation, or what.      Let's wait until more facts come out before we condemn Paterno.  - TEXAS PAT WHAT A CROCK - WHERE WAS PATERNO'S "SOUL" WHEN HE PRE-EMPTIVELY TRIED TO DICTATE HIS TERMS TO THE UNIVERSITY AND THE WORLD WITH A PRESS RELEASE ABOUT WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO REGARDING HIS EMPLOYMENT.  THE GUY CLEARLY ONLY CARED ABOUT HIMSELF AND HIS WINS AND LENGTH OF TENURE.  PENN STATE TRIED TO PUSH HIM OUT YEARS AGO ONLY TO BE CUT OFF IN THEIR EFFORTS DUE TO HIS POWER WITHIN THE UNIVERSITY.  HE IS PENN STATE.  THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IS HIS PROGRAM.  ITS HIS JOB TO KEEP IT CLEAN NOT JUST REGARDING THE KIDS, BUT HIS STAFF, TOO.  YOU ASK US NOT TO JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS, BUT YOU HAVE BY ASSUMING THAT HE ONLY KNEW ABOUT ONE "INCIDENT".  INCIDENT?  REALLY?  IS THAT HOW YOU WANT TO CHARACTERIZE THIS?  EVEN PATERNO IN HIS TESTIMONY DIDN'T DESCRIBE IT AS BENIGNLY AS YOU JUST HAVE.  HE TOLD THE GRAND JURY THAT HE WAS TOLD OF HIS FORMER ASSISTANT'S SEXUAL ENCOUNTER WITH A BOY.  WE MAY NOW BE FINDING OUT THAT THE WITNESS' FATHER AND SANDUSKY MAY HAVE ALSO BEEN FRIENDS.  IS THIS WHY THE WITNESS IS STILL ON THE STAFF?  AS I DID LAST NIGHT, I'LL WRAP IT UP THIS WAY.  1.  PATERNO WAS TOLD OF A SEXUAL ENCOUNTER PER THE GJ TESTIMONY.  EVEN IF THE UNIVERSITY DID NOTHING MORE, MORALLY PATERNO COULD HAVE.  HE HAD THE POWER TO DO SO AND DIDN'T.  2.  IF PATERNO DIDN'T TRUST THE WITNESS AND/OR HIS TESTIMONY, THEN WHY DID THAT WITNESS REMAIN ON THE PSU STAFF? 3  IF PATERNO DID TRUST THE WITNESS AND HIS TESTIMONY (IF HE'S ON PATERNO'S STAFF THAT CAN BE ARGUED), THEN REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE UNIVERSITY DID OR DID NOT DO, PATERNO MADE A CONSCIOUS DECISION TO DO NOTHING MORE.  4.  GIVEN PATERNO'S POWER AT THAT UNIVERSITY, HE CAN NEVER BE CONSIDERED A PUPPET OF ANYONE. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Doggg:  I almost never, ever agree with your posts/opinions.  But on this count - your post/opinion is spot on.  You're absolutely right - anyone with an iota of intelligence, when given the information as described in the GJ testimony, should have, in this order:  contacted police/authorities, informed the school administrators, ensure complete and total cooperation with authorities, got rid of that child rapest toot-sweet, then investigate so thoroughly as to find out the identies of each and every child so the university could PAY for what will undoubtedly be a long road to mental recovery - and I mean pay every last time even if the totals run into the hundreds of millions.  The folks opining about Joepa's age, legend-status, yada, yada, are so far removed of the concept of personal responsibility it's laughably tragic.  The victims in this case are children - their welfare should have been priority one - it wasn't, Joe's culpable, if not criminally negligent, and deserved his fate far sooner than he got it.  One more thing, the total arrogance of his "I'm going to retire after the season, so the Regants shouldn't waste their time...." is an absolute pile of horse manure and again, shows full well his lost grip on the total reality of the situation.  A pox on Joe's house and I hope he lives another 80+ years so he has a good long time to reflect on his in-actions and the effects of those in-actions a what may turn out to be up to 20 plus children.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : Look...most of those involved are either ex-football players, coaches or athletic department administrators. These are people who have spent a large amount of their lives inside men's locker rooms.

RESPONSE: And your point is???

If you think for one second that McQueary didn't describe in GRAPHIC DETAIL to Paterno exactly what he saw in the showers, you've obviously not spent much time inside men's locker rooms. I'm not buying for one minute the description being along the lines of an "inappropriate contact."

RESPONSE: Neither you or I know exactly what Paterno was told. There's been no grand jury testimony that this was explained to Paterno in "GRAPHIC DETAIL". In any event, no one is saying that McCreary acted properly, humanely, or shouldn't be prosecuted. Dittos with regards to the AD and President of PSU, if nothing was done to look into the matter. But, as for Paterno, we have a gray area. Should he have been more vigilant? Sure. Was firing him the right thing to do? Yes. But, is he criminally liable? It depends upon what he knew, and whether he actively participated in a cover-up. All I'm saying is to let the police investigation take its course, before rushing to judgment.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : Look at your last sentence. Why was Sandusky "retiring" after the 1999 season if prior to that he was thought so highly of by not only people at PSU, but by many top programs in the country?  Why did they announce a press conference in July of 1999, with Sandusky reported by one of the actual victims being "upset" he was forced to retire? Hmm. Read his comments from the July 1999 press conference, two months after Paterno told him they were cutting their outstanding Def Coordinator loose.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

They knew of at least two reports of Sandusky diddling little boys. Then they see him walking around town, at bowl games and on campus with MORE LITTLE BOYS and nobody asks any questions? And there's no "cover up?" Puleeezzzee....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

You obviously haven't spent any time in men's locker rooms.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Read page 7 of the grand jury report - the 2 paragraphs in the middle of the page starting with "Joseph V. Paterno."

So you want to believe that McQueary did not describe in vivid detail what he saw to Paterno but did when he talked to Curley and Schultz a week later. Are you that naive?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : Doggg:  I almost never, ever agree with your posts/opinions.  But on this count - your post/opinion is spot on.  You're absolutely right - anyone with an iota of intelligence, when given the information as described in the GJ testimony, should have, in this order:  contacted police/authorities, informed the school administrators, ensure complete and total cooperation with authorities, got rid of that child rapest toot-sweet, then investigate so thoroughly as to find out the identies of each and every child so the university could PAY for what will undoubtedly be a long road to mental recovery - and I mean pay every last time even if the totals run into the hundreds of millions.  The folks opining about Joepa's age, legend-status, yada, yada, are so far removed of the concept of personal responsibility it's laughably tragic.  The victims in this case are children - their welfare should have been priority one - it wasn't, Joe's culpable, if not criminally negligent, and deserved his fate far sooner than he got it.  One more thing, the total arrogance of his "I'm going to retire after the season, so the Regants shouldn't waste their time...." is an absolute pile of horse manure and again, shows full well his lost grip on the total reality of the situation.  A pox on Joe's house and I hope he lives another 80+ years so he has a good long time to reflect on his in-actions and the effects of those in-actions a what may turn out to be up to 20 plus children.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you about Paterno's latest statement. It smacks of arrogance, and does seem to indicate that he's not seeing this for the monsterous crime that it is. He certainly deserved being fired...and the ridicule being heaped upon him now seems more justified.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Counterpoint66. Show Counterpoint66's posts

Apparently Sandusky was an open secret for years. Locals knew about him, the Happy Valley knew about him, Campus police and local police also knew about him. 

Sandusky left the team in 1999 and hasn't reported to Paterno since 1999. He reports to others higher-up. The incident happened in 2002. 

If Sandusky left the team in 1999, and doesn't report to Paterno, and Paterno followed the law as all agree, why is Paterno going down? 

This is no different from Cardinal Law. 

Everyone knew whispers about particular priests. No one said anything.

Even the Boston Globe followed stories for years only for them to go away suddenly in settlements. Did the Boston Globe say anything for 20 years? Did the prosecutors? Did anyone say anything? No. 

The Globe also sat on stories for 20 years like the rest of society and then made money blowing the whistle later. How many kids were raped while the Globe was silent???

But Cardinal Law is the Bad Guy. Cardinal Law enabled it. 

Never mind the prosecutors who knew. Never mind the locals who knew. Never mind the local police who knew. Never mind the Globe who knew. Cardinal Law was the bad guy.

YOU, all of society, are guilty. YOU, all of you, are dirty! 

How dare you point the finger at Paterno, or at Cardinal Law, as Al Pacino did in "Scarface" and say, "There! There is the bad guy!" 

You all knew! YOU are all the bad guy! You are ALL dirty.

But there goes 'The Bad Guy'...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Below I have cited the grand jury report, in it's entirety. If you're interested, read it...and answer the following questions:

1.) Could, and should Paterno have done more? My answer is Yes.

2.) Did he deserved being fired because he did not do more? Again, Yes.

3.) Is Paterno deserving of public criticism and scorn? Public criticism...Yes. Scorn, My answer was no, prior to his latest statement. But, after hearing such arrogance and insensitivity about the heinous crimes against children that evolved in part from his failure to do more...my answer is now, Yes.  

4.) Should he be prosecuted. Based on the grand jury report. my answer is No.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/11/06/sports/ncaafootball/20111106-pennstate-document.html

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]     Below I have cited the grand jury report, in it's entirety. If you're interested, read it...and answer the following questions: 1.) Could, and should he have done more? My answer is Yes. 2.) Did he deserved being fired because he did not do more? Again, Yes.   3.) Should he be prosecuted. My answer is No. http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/11/06/sports/ncaafootball/20111106-pennstate-document.html

I don't think you're anywhere close to being able to answer that definitively.

BTW, he just lawyered up - reported on Sirius NFL Network.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Paterno seems to almost be egging the students on to riot right now. He should be out there telling these kids to cut the craaapp before it turns into Kent ST.
    I'm taking the Huskers and laying 2 tomorrow.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

People keep saying this is only a story because it has something to do with Jo Paterno and Penn State.  Thats very true and a load of crap at the exact same time.

The story is as big as it is because there are ignorant twisted people in this world that are actually defending some of these guys including Paterno.  If I heard the news on the radio when all this went down I would have been interested a while and then I would have moved on. 

But then you get these people out there that think.. just because this guy is a coaching legend he's infallible.  5 guys help cover up 9 years of abuse and mollestation from a monster and students are rioting in the street when the guy gets canned? 

Sandusky is a monster, no question.  The argument lies with the other guys, guys like Paterno.  SO.. I just need you Paterno supporters to answer me one question.

If paterno, Mcquery, or the President had gone to the actual police.. what are the chances that Sandusky would not have continued abusing 10 year old boys for the next 9 years?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: PATERNO ( The FRAUD ) FIRED!!! : I don't think you're anywhere close to being able to answer that definitively. BTW, he just lawyered up - reported on Sirius NFL Network.

I didn't say it definitively. I said it, based on the information in grand jury report. 

If he just "lawyered up", he's a fool. He should have consulted with an attorney from the get go. If he had, he likely wouldn't have made his recent arrogant and condescending statement...and may have kept his job (although he was deservedly fired). 

Sections
Shortcuts