Patrick Chung inducted to the Hall of Fame

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Patrick Chung inducted to the Hall of Fame

Patrick Chung, the newly drafted DB for the Pats is being inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame today validating all his years of exemplary play for the Pats.

What, this discussion has as much validity as the Patrick Chung Su#ks discussion. I mean it is based on the same amount of evidence as that other discussion isn't it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-PATRIOT. Show CT-PATRIOT's posts

Re: Patrick Chung inducted to the Hall of Fame

Well, apparently it all depends on if you have on or have ever put on a jock strap.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Chung rocks. That discussion died down. I had Chung on every mock of mine all year long. The kid is a stud SS. The prototype combo player from that end.

He is the big hitter this team has lacked since Rodney lost a step. And he is a team leader.

Meriweather and Chung could be the best young safety tandem in the league. As a huge fan of safety play I am totally stoked.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from randomname75. Show randomname75's posts

Nice call. In my experience from watching a lot of PAC-10 football on TV, I can say this is a solid observation. My roommate, who also watched a lot of PAC 10 football, and now watches it professionally, agrees with this. I would have watched pro, but my TV needed surgery.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

I hope I am wrong about Chung

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-PATRIOT. Show CT-PATRIOT's posts

Chung rocks. That discussion died down. I had Chung on every mock of mine all year long. The kid is a stud SS. The prototype combo player from that end. He is the big hitter this team has lacked since Rodney lost a step. And he is a team leader. Meriweather and Chung could be the best young safety tandem in the league. As a huge fan of safety play I am totally stoked.
    Posted by zbellino

He is not afraid to put his nose in there. I don't think that even with all that hitting he was ever injured in college, so he is durable. It will be good to have a smart guided missile blazing around the backfield. WR will be peeking.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

I know there are alot of good posters in this forum, my feelings for Chung may have been too strong. Obviously I wish the best for the kid, Nothing personal. At the Time I had no Idea that we would be able to still get Butler. BB is one of the greatest coaches and Evaluaters ever. My opinion is just my opinion. Did not mean to throw out the Arizona State Credentials. Just trying to offer an opinion from someone who played that position in College, and also have many friends who played in the NFL. Not suggesting at all that I know any more than any one else in this Forum> I love the Passion from Boston.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-PATRIOT. Show CT-PATRIOT's posts

I hope I am wrong about Chung
    Posted by patriots44

Hey, I thought Chad Jackson was it! I told everybody! I was so wrong. What a waste of God given abillity. I was sure. Like I was sure about Vincent Brown sure.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from welly. Show welly's posts

Still trying to figure out if my favorite Patriot named Chung is Patrick or Eugene. Love them both...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gothprincess. Show gothprincess's posts

I know there are alot of good posters in this forum, my feelings for Chung may have been too strong. Obviously I wish the best for the kid, Nothing personal. At the Time I had no Idea that we would be able to still get Butler. BB is one of the greatest coaches and Evaluaters ever. My opinion is just my opinion. Did not mean to throw out the Arizona State Credentials. Just trying to offer an opinion from someone who played that position in College, and also have many friends who played in the NFL. Not suggesting at all that I know any more than any one else in this Forum> I love the Passion from Boston.
    Posted by patriots44

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Action-Jackson. Show Action-Jackson's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I wanted them to draft Chung and this was based off everything I read about him, but once he got here I realized it was a mistake. His first traing camp Mike Mayock was doing a sideline gig covering the rookies and the ball kept going over Chung's head. Then he proceeded to get smoked by Welker - Mayock just laughed it off as a rookie learning period. Truth is he never learned anything...this guy was supposed to be a strong safety, but he would bounce of blockers and then go to the ground holding something. He needed to eat a sandwich. He had a bad attitude and was accused of quiting on the team this past season. Listening to him on his weekly interviews with Smerlas and Deossie it was clear that he didn't give a crap.

I don't think I've seen a guy turn into something so opposite of his scouting report...this guy made Merriweather look good. To think I had to argue with rusty for two years about how bad this guy was...

Sections
Shortcuts