Patrick Chung Su#ks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Patrick Chung Su#ks

Mark it down guy probably gets cut in training camp. Belichick got played in this Draft. I saw Chung all year in the Pac 10 No-Way he even beats out the backup to Sanders or Merriweather. Terrible Pick

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Patrick Chung Su#ks

Chung will be a starter.  Lighten up, BB doesn't take high second round picks to cut them.  He will be very good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Unless they're Chad Jackson.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]Chung will be a starter.  Lighten up, BB doesn't take high second round picks to cut them.  He will be very good.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE] Have you ever put a Jock strap on. I played in the Pac ten at Arizona state. Chung Blows. Who is he going to start in front of.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

That would explain why he's in the NFL and you're in a chat forum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

[QUOTE]Unless they're Chad Jackson.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

.....or Bethel Johnson, or.....
    Yell

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

You don't get it guy. They want him to play near the line like a linebacker in situations. I don't think they expect him to beat out the other safeties for now but he will be useful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsfan12. Show sportsfan12's posts

I have to say that after all that trading in the first round to end up with Patrick Chung as our first pick in the 2nd round was greatly dissappointing. Rodney Harrison type except he can't cover. Rey Maualuga and D.J. Moore still on the board would have seem to have been better selections for the team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

You don't know what you are talking about. This kid is going to be a star.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB has blown a number of high second round picks lately, while scoring big with nearby choices: #21 Vince Wilfork and #32 Logan Mankins.  I don't make any particular judgments on the high second round.  If BB wants eight red chippers to come marching in, particularly a complete overhaul of the defensive backfield and another defensive line stone wall guy, it sounds ok to me.

Chung sticks his nose into the box.  He's a run-stopping safety.  BB wants some kind of a Rodney Harrison type playing that position.

Bias:  I like the cherry red Kool-Aid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

[QUOTE]Mark it down guy probably gets cut in training camp. Belichick got played in this Draft. I saw Chung all year in the Pac 10 No-Way he even beats out the backup to Sanders or Merriweather. Terrible Pick
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

While your opinion is valid because you watched him - he is considered one of the most experienced players in the draft - just give him a chance - BB is in the business of evaluating talent and you are not

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Chung can cover.  He's not a center field type, but he will terrorize the middle of the field.

I'm sure all you guys remember pulling your hair out as the Pats got chewed up over the intermediate middle time and time again last year.  No more. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Chung, Brace, Butler, where does the Pass Rush come from these three. Last in the league on third down. As far as Chung goes near the line of scrimmage in the NFL. Can't wait until you guys see him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

this is the worst bunch of draft picks I have ever seen in my life. He didn't even pick one of the premire LB out there. We need a pass rush like you ca't believe and what does he do, he drafts a nose tackle.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE] this is the worst bunch of draft picks I have ever seen in my life. He didn't even pick one of the premire LB out there. We need a pass rush like you ca't believe and what does he do, he drafts a nose tackle.
    Posted by ZigZig[/QUOTE]
    Check out Chung's Highlights on You-Tube. Yes these are actually his HIGHlights. WOW. Is Wilfork safe with the Ron Brace Pick

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

[QUOTE] this is the worst bunch of draft picks I have ever seen in my life. He didn't even pick one of the premire LB out there. We need a pass rush like you ca't believe and what does he do, he drafts a nose tackle.
    Posted by ZigZig[/QUOTE] i feel like i'm going to throw up, he drafted no pass rushing LB, NO LT TK, NO GUARD, I feel like putting my head in the toliet. I'm a season ticket holder, what the hell does he want a empty stadium.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

ZigZig, get your head out of that toilet.  Pass rush is still a need yes, but they still have #58, and 4 second round picks to pick up offensive lineman, where they do their best work in that regard.  BB and Scarneccia are great at turning 3rd round lineman into very good players.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I like the picks although I have to agree with not answering the pass rush issue.  I liked Brace but didn't think the Pats would be able to get him.  Chung surprised me, pretty early I thought but good pick.  I like him.  Then to get Butler that late surprised the hell out of me.  The Vollmer pick came out of no where.  I thought him a 3rd rounder at best.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Zig Zig; you are nothing more than another crazy New England Patriots fan. You are not a talent evaluator and can not accurately predict how a draft pick can pan out. Just hush and let those who do this kind of stuff for a living do their stuff.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

What people may have forgotten is the possibility of adding Jason Taylor. He said he is waiting til after the draft to sign with a team. Maybe Bill is going to sign him. Yes he is old, but he can help our pass rush tremendously!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Butler
    Chung

Coming into the draft I had the Pats taking both of these guys with 2 of the first 3 picks.

Both could be starters by the end of the year, especially Chung. He's a very smart kid, Patriots type player.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Brace

I thought they reached for Brace. But he will be valuable for stopping the run.

Imagine Wilfork and Brace in short yardage situations.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Butler Chung Coming into the draft I had the Pats taking both of these guys with 2 of the first 3 picks. Both could be starters by the end of the year, especially Chung. He's a very smart kid, Patriots type player.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007[/QUOTE]

Me too. I took Butler off at the last minute though. Both will be fantastic. Chung has been in every mock draft I have made since winter.

Sections
Shortcuts