Patrick Chung Su#ks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Re: Patrick Chung Su#ks

Little trivia about Chung is that he's from Jamaica...and he graduate High School early and entered Oregon at the young age of 16 just turning 17 during his freshman year.

I'm still scratching my head over Vollmer.....even thought BB said in an interview that he had some connections in Houston which allowed him to better evaluate the massive OL.

I thought the Pats would draft a massive OL with this pick, but my hunch was on Herman Johnson, OG, LSU.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

That would explain why he's in the NFL and you're in a chat forum.
    Posted by prairiemike

Zing! Well said, Prariemike!!

My money's on BB's judgment not the "pac-10" amateur's.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

What people may have forgotten is the possibility of adding Jason Taylor. He said he is waiting til after the draft to sign with a team. Maybe Bill is going to sign him. Yes he is old, but he can help our pass rush tremendously!
    Posted by nightrider495

I see that miami drafted 2 CBs and a WR on day 1. Seems that they're planning on having jason in a dolphin uniform this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Brace I thought they reached for Brace. But he will be valuable for stopping the run. Imagine Wilfork and Brace in short yardage situations.
    Posted by pats-fan-2007

Makes for an interesting 4-3 doesn't it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Mark it down guy probably gets cut in training camp. Belichick got played in this Draft. I saw Chung all year in the Pac 10 No-Way he even beats out the backup to Sanders or Merriweather. Terrible Pick
    Posted by patriots44

Really no basis to this judgement. For one thing, if you really knew your football, you'd immediately realize Chung will start in ST, then go in dime and nickel packages, because he plays rover SS. He will not threaten Sanders's job right off. Also his numbers are consistent across the years, so this is not a flash in the pan. He has explosiveness, good lateral speed, fluid hips, and great anticipation. If you see some of his game, you see he does affect slot mobility because of his hard-hitting ability (excellent timing on some of them). I do see shades of Harrison, especially the meanness and finishing off the play. Downside is deep speed, questionable angle, and bad edge contain- most of those are easily corrected through coaching. In regard to deep speed, Harrison was not known for that either, anyway, and as SS, that should not be your key strength.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The title and rationale behind this thread is what su#ks, Chung is one of the drafts biggest hitters and playmakers... what kind of crack rock are you smoking?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The title and rationale behind this thread is what su#ks, Chung is one of the drafts biggest hitters and playmakers... what kind of crack rock are you smoking?
    Posted by wozzy

Lots of Pats' fans had negative reactions in 2005, when the Pats surprised, and chose a guy many never heard of, by the name of Logan Mankins. 

Keep your shirts on, boys. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Zig Zig; you are nothing more than another crazy New England Patriots fan. You are not a talent evaluator and can not accurately predict how a draft pick can pan out. Just hush and let those who do this kind of stuff for a living do their stuff.
    Posted by ZigZig

Zig Zig, I too am amazed other than Butler I see no imediate help. The Pats passsed on Laurinaitis, Mauglua, White, Sintim, Barwin, Gilbert and many others that I felt would create an immediate impact however, BB is in charge knows his talent and has spent hours evaluating each player on the board. Do not take it so personal each player selected was choosen to accomplish a certain responsiblility to the team BB is good at what he does. Have faith!! None of my selections where choosen last year and they have stuck.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

That would explain why he's in the NFL and you're in a chat forum.
    Posted by prairiemike

Best response of the day. +2

I am very willing to see how this works out, though I guess I will always be nervous about any draft pick named "Chung".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Let's wait till Chung hits the field before we Pats fans pass judgement.  After the first 10-15 picks, everthing is a crapshoot.  I like the Pick, no risk maximum reward.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-PATRIOT. Show CT-PATRIOT's posts

Have you ever put a Jock strap on. I played in the Pac ten at Arizona state. Chung Blows. Who is he going to start in front of.
    Posted by patriots44

So your saying that If I just wear a jock strap I will receive some sort of sports enlightment?  Cool!
    No. Wait..your questioning if the other poster can put a jock strap on. Pretty hard to do , huh?
    Do you think Mr. Chung may have actually knocked the jock right off of one of the suckers he has lit up?  Probably just realigned it a little.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I've worn a jock strap, but I just don't like to brag about it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I see that miami drafted 2 CBs and a WR on day 1. Seems that they're planning on having jason in a dolphin uniform this year.
    Posted by unclealfie

IMHO I would think that if they wanted Taylor, they would have never let him go. Who knows though. I guess time will tell right?.

Sections
Shortcuts