Patrick Chung -- What a difference a year makes!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptChris. Show CaptChris's posts

Patrick Chung -- What a difference a year makes!

Chung in his Rookie year had 17 tackles and 12 Assists in total.

He had 12 Tackles and 4 Assists in yesterdays game!

Is he a "Rodney" in the making?

Great game .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: Patrick Chung -- What a difference a year makes!

I'll keep saying this, Chung is a missile. Assentially he is another linebacker out there except he is a lot more mobile then a LB and can cover pretty well. He made play after play after play yesterday, Chung is a beast and he is only in year two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

No doubt, this kid  will definitely put a hurt on you too.

Go Ducks!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

And people were saying we drafted the sucky guy from the oregon secondary...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think Wilfork, Mayo, Spikes, and Chung will make this team very hard to run against. That looks like a pretty stout and aggressive middle of the defense, with both speed and power.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i listened to the game on the radio. how did the defensive ends look against the run?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

From my standpoint, I see our defensive having the following characteristics:

1) young
    2) FAST
    3) hard-hitting
    4) (improvement) less missed tackles

Chung looks amazing. He was all over the place. Our entire defense for the first half looked absolutely out of their mind. It was a pleasure to watch.

But, like last year, we just shut it down in the 2nd half. This is always my concern with this team. We come out looking great in the 1st half, and come out flat-footed in the 2nd and wind up either 1) losing a massive lead and making it a close game, or 2) losing the game.

1st half: 31-3
    2nd half: 7-21

Sure, at the end of the day all that matters is that our score is higher than theirs, but I would like to see a 4-quarter team. Hopefully this isn't a trend for this year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

In Response to Re: Patrick Chung -- What a difference a year makes!:
    From my standpoint, I see our defensive having the following characteristics: 1) young 2) FAST 3) hard-hitting 4) (improvement) less missed tackles Chung looks amazing. He was all over the place. Our entire defense for the first half looked absolutely out of their mind. It was a pleasure to watch. But, like last year, we just shut it down in the 2nd half. This is always my concern with this team. We come out looking great in the 1st half, and come out flat-footed in the 2nd and wind up either 1) losing a massive lead and making it a close game, or 2) losing the game. 1st half: 31-3 2nd half: 7-21 Sure, at the end of the day all that matters is that our score is higher than theirs, but I would like to see a 4-quarter team. Hopefully this isn't a trend for this year.
    Posted by mjxg

1st half 24-3.....2nd half 14-21. Ill say thats not to bad.    

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

This kid is Awesome!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I agree about Chung and I was also pleasantly surprised with Butler who looked better than last year. These Bengals receivers are no Bargain for anyone to cover and we did an adequate job with two youngsters who will most likely continue to improve as the season progresses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Chung was the best defender on the field yesterday, for either team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We come out looking great in the 1st half, and come out flat-footed in the 2nd and wind up either 1) losing a massive lead and making it a close game, or 2) losing the game. 1st half: 31-3 2nd half: 7-21 Sure, at the end of the day all that matters is that our score is higher than theirs, but I would like to see a 4-quarter team. Hopefully this isn't a trend for this year.
    Posted by mjxg

BB obviously didn't run up the score in the 2nd half, played soft zones to allow the clock to wind down and sat the majority of the starting defensive line.  This was the professional thing to do and amounts to good sportsmanship, the Bungles were outclassed in every way... no need to pile on.  It was completely different than last season, our D was dominant... period.

As far as Chung and Brace go... does that mean their not "busts" anymore and we don't have to cut them?   lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

In April of 2009, many fans said BB  was crazy for unloading a back up QB after having the balls to tag him (Cassel) and tacking on an aging Vrable to acquire a #34 overall.

And voila, BB drafts Chung for a back up QB and a player who is done. 

Genius.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

In Response to Re: Patrick Chung -- What a difference a year makes! : BB obviously didn't run up the score in the 2nd half, played soft zones to allow the clock to wind down and sat the majority of the starting defensive line.  This was the professional thing to do and amounts to good sportsmanship, the Bungles were outclassed in every way... no need to pile on.  It was completely different than last season, our D was dominant... period. As far as Chung and Brace go... does that mean their not "busts" anymore and we don't have to cut them?   lol
    Posted by wozzy

Yup.  Once they went up 31-3, BB played a prevent zone to keep them in bounds and to let the clock roll.

I am really surprised some fans missed this or did not see the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

When did this become a close game? Cincy got to within 14 pts midway through the 4th quarter. That's not a close game

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from konsumers. Show konsumers's posts

Chungs closing speed and toughness will make him a future pro bowler.

Sections
Shortcuts