Patrick Chung

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dblock33644. Show dblock33644's posts

Patrick Chung

This guy needs to start opposite mcourty not gregory, gregory is beyond terrible he always seems like a deer in headlights. and if dennard is out for anytime mcourty needs to go back to cb i think talib would take pressure off him and not have to stop a #1 reciever

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Re: Patrick Chung

I said the same thing in another post.  Gregory has slighty better cover skills but if that is McCourty's role now then Chung should be in there.  He isnt the greatest tackler in the world but compared to Gregory he is Ronny Lott.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Like I said 3 weeks ago. You can play good coverage with 2 Cbs back there essentially but they dont exactly scare anyone. You cant have 2 safeties weighing less than 200 lbs and less than 6 ft and expect to intimidate so while it works against softer teams, when Randy Moss is going over the middle and shaking off big hits, your CB/Safeties arent BIG enough so if you gonna play # 32 back there, you must pair him with a real safety, but im just not sure Chung is THAT guy anymore. Is he hurt, dog house?  I think Wilson may be better suited to fill that role. He is bigger than Chung!

It took until now for someone like Collingsworth to spot it last night but Ive always felt that way. it should change depending on matchups and last night was a game when u needed a real safety to knock some balls loose on a wet night like they did to us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Like I said 3 weeks ago. You can play good coverage with 2 Cbs back there essentially but they dont exactly scare anyone. You cant have 2 safeties weighing less than 200 lbs and less than 6 ft and expect to intimidate so while it works against softer teams, when Randy Moss is going over the middle and shaking off big hits, your CB/Safeties arent BIG enough so if you gonna play # 32 back there, you must pair him with a real safety, but im just not sure Chung is THAT guy anymore. Is he hurt, dog house?  I think Wilson may be better suited to fill that role. He is bigger than Chung!

Chung came in in the third to replace Gregory, he made a tackle, but I don't know how long they kept him out there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Chung came in in the third to replace Gregory, he made a tackle, but I don't know how long they kept him out there.

I dont know what the reason was. In blowout vs texans, he came in for mopup and that one last night was looking like another so who knows..Gregory did look beat up after the game but in terms of coverage, I dont know if you bench Gregory for Chung who aslo cant cover. He made a drag down tackle which tells me his shoulder still maybe aint right

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Chung is worst than Gregory, and thats a shame... i really like Patrick, but right now? He cant start opposite DMC

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to auchhhhhhhhhhh's comment:

Chung is worst than Gregory, and thats a shame... i really like Patrick, but right now? He cant start opposite DMC

That's impossible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Chung sucks and he sucks on kick coverage.  Ran right up to blocker on crucial kick return after pats had tied the score. Check the replay.  He runs up to a blocker like he wants to dance with him.  Then he gets held but stands there like a pu$st as returner runs right by him.  Made no attempt AT ALL to make the tackle.

He's a waste of a roster spot.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Chung sucks and he sucks on kick coverage.  Ran right up to blocker on crucial kick return after pats had tied the score. Check the replay.  He runs up to a blocker like he wants to dance with him.  Then he gets held but stands there like a pu$st as returner runs right by him.  Made no attempt AT ALL to make the tackle.

He's a waste of a roster spot.

The guy is lost...there was a play in the 4th yesterday (a blitz) that left him with a lot of room to cover, their QB noticed it too late and it's a good thing he did because there were guys wide open in his area. He just stood there - he is lost...has been for two years. He will make a decent third stringer for someone next year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Once the coaches film is out, I want to watch the touchdown that Dennard gave up.  It looked to me like Dennard was expecting safety help but no safety was there.  Was that Gregory's assignment? If so, it could explain the benching.  

I'm completely unsure Gregory was at fault and therefore don't want to blame him . . . but I can't wait to see the film, because even from the third deck it looked like Dennard was expecting help over the top.  Could have been a mental mistake on Dennard's part . . . or it could have been a safety's mistake.   

Sections
Shortcuts