In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'll take a high character and classy McCourty over a prima donna and oft injured selfish Revis any day.  McCourty doesn't gouge the organization, hold out and get hurt and get hurt again.

Revis's best days are long gone.

[/QUOTE]

no one gouges the pats...they are waaaay too cheap to pay what a player deserves much less be gouged

and u hate revis b/c he's a jet...admit it u would've given ur right n*t to have revis playing corner for th pats the pst 3 years

[/QUOTE]

If that were financially possible, it would have won New England a couple championships. 

[/QUOTE]

Or if Andre Carter didn't blow out a quad last year in Denver.  SB 42 is on the offense the most.   14 eeked out points?

[/QUOTE]

How can you mention Andre Carter, then the offense, then not even mention Gronkowski's injury. The best TE in the game ... maybe in his generation if he stays healthy ... and he isn't missed?

New England's offense had 17 points in what 8 drives? That's actually pretty productive. If they had the 12 they had in 2003 and 2004 or the 11 they had in 2001 they would have scored 24 or 26 points. That is more than the offense did in 2001 or 2004.

Those teams had defenses that could stop the opponent and get the ball back. Win a game against an opposing defense that is tough.   

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Re: Patrick Peterson

Peterson has giving up two touchdowns to Crabtree tonight. I think he is becoming a star in the NFL but I have hard time putting him above Revis and even Bailey the way hes playing this year. I also think Sherman is the best jam CB in NFL and hes on the rise too. Not many elite CB's in the league right now. If I was starting a franchise today and had to pick one it would be Peterson.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We're seeing why he's the best CB in the league.

[/QUOTE]

because revis isnt playing

[/QUOTE]

No.   Peterson has now taken over the mantel.    Revis is past his prime, especially with that blown out leg.  You won't see Peterson get exposed from time to time like Revis has in recent seasons. Also, Peterson doesn't hold out and miss half seasons.

[/QUOTE]

until he was hurt revis was the best, not only today but i believe he was in sanders territory all-time...completely took out the opposing teams no 1 receiver and by his 2nd yr no one was throwing his way...he stuck to the best like glue

[/QUOTE]

He couldn't be in Sanders territory for a while. Sanders played at that level until he was 31 or 32. Even Champ Bailey hasn't been a true "lockdown" guy since he was 28-29-ish. 

For Revis to be that Prime TIME cover corner for me, he would have to keep this up another 4-5 seasons. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

The overhyped element comes from the Jets desperate to sell their brand, so the best draft pick they've had in a decade is Revis, so they overrate him and try to get the media to sell him as much as possible. They were so quick to deem him this quintessential best CB and Champ Bailey is still playing at a pretty high level, too.

He's not better than Aneas Williams for crying out loud. He was one of the best in the mid 1990s/early 2000s, but since he played in Arizona, no one cared nor did he get that hype.

It's so arrogant for the Jets to make it seem like it's been Revis and everyone else, when they are a lot of really good CBs in this league right now.  Do it for more time before acting like you're entitled to some "the best" title. Ugh.

[/QUOTE]

Jets fans act worse. They act like he is the only person who has *ever* done it. 

Whatever. When you come out from under a rock after 40 years of hiding, you tend to miss a few players like Deion Sanders and what not. 

He is f-ing great tho. The Jets' pass defense is the only thing on that miserable team that isn't a complete joke. From their coach to their QB to their headcase WRs and loudmouth LBer. They are a total joke. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to maine12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Peterson has giving up two touchdowns to Crabtree tonight. I think he is becoming a star in the NFL but I have hard time putting him above Revis and even Bailey the way hes playing this year. I also think Sherman is the best jam CB in NFL and hes on the rise too. Not many elite CB's in the league right now. If I was starting a franchise today and had to pick one it would be Peterson.

[/QUOTE]

Sherman is criminally under-rated right now. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCH81. Show SCH81's posts

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sherman is criminally under-rated right now. 

[/QUOTE]

isn't that pete Carrolls modus operandi

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No! No! He's the best! Anything that can be said to refute that = troll.  How he plays on the field is irrelevant anyhow.  High character = shutdown corner.

[/QUOTE]

Ha I realize he has great character but he just gave up two touchdowns to Crabtree from Alex Smith. He's not great yet but he has the potential. 

Sections
Shortcuts