Patriot and Colts game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Patriot and Colts game thread

When the refs give the other team a touchdown on a non-penalty, it breaks the defense because they know they can not do anything. Belechik had to go for it, because the defense had been taken out of the game by the refs! This is how they do things in China and the NFL...compete but with central control...low point for the league.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread:
    In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread :   Like the Colts weren't mugging Moss all night? Like the Colts didn't hold once all night? Did you miss that? I suppose Coltvision doesn't replay those bad calls.
    Posted by gridlocked

How about the helmet to helmet on Brady the refs forgot to call?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Let's not let BB stupidly deflect from the real culprit here.  Laura Maroney

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

My thinking is this is one of the worst moments in New England sports history. Anyone agree? 
    Posted by proftom

Indeed.  Billy Buckner can probably catch a nap after this sh**

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Passed if you really believe that, I've got some swampland in FLA that's a great deal.  Maybe if the pats weren't out of challenges.
    Posted by underdogg

That call was right. A pass is complete when he has clear possession and touches with both feet in bounds. 

But, you have to admit the gimme interference call.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Wiggy, you have this right.  And I'll tell you this.  Belichick had a perfect game plan early.  Make the young wideouts beat the pats and there were at least 3 drops.  but I disagree that the colts should not be celebrating.  coming back from 17 down in the 4th against the pats is remarkable. These are 2 very good teams.  See you in the playoffs.
    Posted by underdogg

It isn't a Colt comeback without a phantom PI call. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ericdejong. Show ericdejong's posts

Worst loss by any team ever in sports history!  That was literally unbelievablke that it would end that way. 

BB has cost this team 2 Super Bowls by not bringing in any decent DBs and now he pulls this one on us!  What could he have been thinking?

They literally did everythig they had to do to lose this game.  Squandered scoring opportunities to put the game away.  Heck, just putting Maroney on the field is enough for me to question BB's smarts. 

I wasn't even this mad when the blew the Super Bowk because I expected Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel to blow that game.  This game was over.  Wasted time outs - stupid play calling - Maroney eveb being on the team - ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from briansierra. Show briansierra's posts

No one with a sober mind can defend the big baby bb 4 and 2 call.  bone headed call of all time, yes your defense is horrible and manning is probably going to score anyways but punt, who knows maybe there is a fumble, maybe defense surprises everyone and makes a play.  But no, the genius and his ego makes the dumbest call of all time.  It hurts pat fans when your coach can't steals manning offensive calls.  5/6 losses to Colts.  Don't worry about home field advantage you won't be making it out of first round. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

had they converted on 4th and 2 belicheck would have been hailed as Jesus, plus, i think that they gave faulk the incorrect spot.  should have been a patriots first down.  
    Posted by Gulo

Very true, but you have to realize the situation.  No challenges left in case of a close play, which is EXACTLY what happened.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

My thinking is this is one of the worst moments in New England sports history. Anyone agree? 
    Posted by proftom

It rates up there with the 2006 AFC Championship game and Wakefield giving up that 12th inning home run.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : How about the helmet to helmet on Brady the refs forgot to call?
    Posted by magicalhobo

Exactly!  They show it in slow motion and praise the guy for the pass rush!  I am glad I am not the only one who saw that.
    Again, you have to plan for these things.  Some one has brought this up in previous threads that the Colts statistically very rarely get called for penalties.  I was completely in shock when they got called for a False Start today.  As such, you have to accept that this is how it is and plan accordingly.
    And Seriously, cut Maroney.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The bad part is the coaching decision is what will be talked about. The media will not even mention the gimme PI and eventual TD for the Colts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinnied0nuts. Show vinnied0nuts's posts

no pass rush, time to draft or sign a pass rusher.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gibsonsg. Show gibsonsg's posts

Early 4th quarter its 31-14 and I'm thinking, "this win puts the Pats at the top of the power rankings". Brady is picking them apart and it looks like a decisive win in Indy, a blowout of an undefeated team on their home turf. Then this. Feels kinda like the SB collapse vs. the Giants: sickening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

dogg if u really think that was pass inference you are biased. That being said you guys deserve it. Belicheck completely terrible. i ve never been so heated and disgusted over a loss ever..including the loss to the giants in the super bowl. No way Pats should lose that game..atrocious..pathetic..no superbowls in the future.
    Posted by HOTBLITZ

HOTBZ-- As William Munny said; "Deserve has got nothing to do with it" B.B took a time out inlast years Colts game which cost us a first down and probably the game. This call did cost the game. Period!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazeend. Show dazeend's posts

The coach tonight demonstrated a degree of arrogance and stupidity that would lead to mere mortals being fired.  He lost that game by coaching stupid

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamConvoy. Show TeamConvoy's posts

Refs did not give this game to the Colts.

Bill B and the other coaches gave this game to the Colts.

3rd and 2 - pass when you're trying to take time off the clock??

4th and 2 on your own 29 guarding a 6 point lead.  What playbook in the universe suggests that you try a pass for a first down rather than punt??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Very true, but you have to realize the situation.  No challenges left in case of a close play, which is EXACTLY what happened.
    Posted by sodiumpentothal

if they converted, I promise you BB would NOT have been called Jesus or whatever.  It was an AWFUL call, plain and simple.  If they picked up 50 yards it still would have been a miserable call, you just don't give Peyton Manning any chance at a 30 yard field with the game 100% on the line.  W/out a doubt the worst bit of coaching I have seen BB make in his tenure here. wow.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucas182. Show lucas182's posts

that was THE WORST CALL IVE EVER SEEN..

it ranks WAY UP THERE along that damned 4th and long in the superbowl where the pats shoulda kicked and instead went for it, and in the end we lost by 3 fooking points.

lately BB just hasnt been BB

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : if they converted, I promise you BB would NOT have been called Jesus or whatever.  It was an AWFUL call, plain and simple.  If they picked up 50 yards it still would have been a miserable call, you just don't give Peyton Manning any chance at a 30 yard field with the game 100% on the line.  W/out a doubt the worst bit of coaching I have seen BB make in his tenure here. wow.
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

GREAT CALL!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

The bad part is the coaching decision is what will be talked about. The media will not even mention the gimme PI and eventual TD for the Colts.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Came to check in, and how did I know that you guys would be carping about officiating calls?  I thought the game was called perfectly, except they missed a Mayo int. call.  What you guys are complaining about was a legit PI call.  If anything, the Pats got some breaks on the officiating.  Just admit it: the Colts legitimately won the game on this particular Sunday.  After all, the Pats can't get ALL the calls!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

Refs did not give this game to the Colts. Bill B and the other coaches gave this game to the Colts. 3rd and 2 - pass when you're trying to take time off the clock?? 4th and 2 on your own 29 guarding a 6 point lead.  What playbook in the universe suggests that you try a pass for a first down rather than punt??
    Posted by TeamConvoy

You know, I think many Patriots fans (myself included) did have the brief thought "F this BS, do a slant with Welker on 4th down and end this nonsense"...but then we dismissed it.  You knew something was up when the camera went to BB and Brady talking and the way the talk ended you know they were going for it.
    Why isn't an Assistant Coach right there to say "WHAT ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND!"
    Again, our loss in the coordinator position shows.  We need more creativity on offense.  In these tight spots latley I always feel like the defense already knows what plays we are going to run because we haven't done a good job in the second half keeping them on their toes.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from timmydedham. Show timmydedham's posts

the NFL should have to play out-doors.. after this game, with all the hype and who's better? Brady... he plays with natural conditions and wins. peyton stays at home in a dome to win. right there, it's simple. btw, bill... come on, what the heck was that, go back to your plays in 02-05 and relearn what made you great. in the end, its not how you do it, its the W, you used to understand that. greedy on 4th down, c'mon 28 yard line! you don't do that.. trust your defense, its what made you in the first place, get back to it cause you aint winning now

Sections
Shortcuts