Patriot and Colts game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

Re: Patriot and Colts game thread

The 2minute review thing was legit, they shouldn't have burned the timeout

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxMinion. Show RedSoxMinion's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread:
    In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : You are SOOO right. My husband and I said that after we turned the ball over after the 4th and 2 call that we should have let the Colts just score right away. Then we'd have about a minute to play to hopefully go down the field and at least get in field goal range.
    Posted by kelleym

Everyone is acting like it was 100% the Colts were going to score.  They almost blew the clock management and let too much time tick off.  Pats stone them on the goal-line = game over.  To just let them score would be even more questionable of a coaching decision and would have buried the defense's confidence even further than the 4th and 2 play ever could.  At least if they stone the Colts they can get back any shred of dignity they had left after the coaching fiasco.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

The 2minute review thing was legit, they shouldn't have burned the timeout
    Posted by nepatsfan523

Why didn't Faulk run his route 1 yard more?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Everyone is acting like it was 100% the Colts were going to score.  They almost blew the clock management and let too much time tick off.  Pats stone them on the goal-line = game over.  To just let them score would be even more questionable of a coaching decision and would have buried the defense's confidence even further than the 4th and 2 play ever could.  At least if they stone the Colts they can get back and shred of dignity they had left after the coaching fiasco.
    Posted by RedSoxMinion

With whom?  The amount of line backers and defensive line people injured by the end of the game was too much to depend on who was left...we are really spread thin and hopefully we can recover some of the injuries today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : That play call on 3rd and 4th down is also extremely iffy.  You need two yards on 3rd.  How can you not do one of those draws to Faulk that was picking the Colts D apart all game?  Slant to Welker or Moss works 95% of the time.  To throw to your shortest eligable receiver instead of your 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd option on a 4th and 2 is such a horrible idea.  On another tangent, am I the only one who thinks it's completely unacceptable to let a spot of the football ultimately decide the game?  Shouldn't there be a rule to review the spot of a football if it has such an instrumental impact late in a game of this magnitude?
    Posted by RedSoxMinion

Why does the NFL need yet another rule??  How about better time out management by Dr. Evil??  Then he has a challenge to use and you're not upset with hurt feelings.  Or if you need two yards, run a three yard route.  In the end it wouldn't matter anyway.  He didn't have forward progress because he was bobbling the catch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Why didn't Faulk run his route 1 yard more?
    Posted by K-max

Thats what I was thinking, you gotta make sure you run past the sticks: Welker made sure he did two years ago...
    Faulka nd Maphony broke down at the end, we needed Morris's downhill power

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cenobite. Show cenobite's posts

I thought the pats played a good game. Tough break at the end but i think they can hang with any team in the league. Vollmer looked amazing, the d played extremely well until the 4th. Im mad at the outcome but i cnat hate the effort, good job pats. Its just one game, i cant wait to see all the negative people eat their words when we beat the saints in a few weeks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Guess what, if I am correct, this is the first game this year that the colts have had the roof closed.  Every other game its been open.
    Posted by underdogg

They must have wanted the refs to be all comfy to see the PI and spot the ball the ball correctly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxMinion. Show RedSoxMinion's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Why does the NFL need yet another rule??  How about better time out management by Dr. Evil??  Then he has a challenge to use and you're not upset with hurt feelings.  Or if you need two yards, run a three yard route.  In the end it wouldn't matter anyway.  He didn't have forward progress because he was bobbling the catch.
    Posted by DFree93HOF

Watch the replay.  He caught, bobbled momentarily, and tucked the ball EXACTLY at the 30 yard line, which is where the first down marker was.  What if this happened in the playoffs?  The Super Bowl?  I don't care if it's my team, the Colts, the Steelers, or any other team in the league.  To even have a marquee game like this end in a SPOT controversy that cannot be reviewed because of a lack of timeouts is ridiculous.  Because the play hadn't happened 10 seconds LATER in the game it can't be reviewed?  Utterly ridiculous.  Why do they have automatic reviews under two minutes?  Because the game is in the balance and each call is instrumental to the end of the game.  Oh, it happened at 2:09, must not be instrumental to the game at all!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLPat. Show SLPat's posts

Brady said after the game that the first time out after the touchback was due to a personnel mix up.  These are mistakes that a Wade Phillips coached team makes.  BB wearing so many hats is catching up and years of poor drafting has caught up to this team. Too many wasted early picks (Watson, D Thomas, Maroney, Chad Jackson, etc.). They will beat the teams they should beat like the Jets, Fins, Jags and Panthers, lose to the Saints, fool everyone with am 11-5 or 12-4 record and go nowhere in the playoffs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : yes, but he doesnt have an indoor homefield, thats more of what i meant. the stadium advantage shouldnt be that way, it should be all indoor or all outdoor personally. i understand both QB's are fantastic indoors, but peyton gets it more often, other QB's and players in general as well.
    Posted by teo09877

You are sofa king we tar did...  If all games are outdoors then there are homefield advantages based on geography!!!  Why do you think Colts fans aren't looking forward to going to Buffalo week 17?!?! It's not because of the Bills.  It's because the game is on Jan. 3rd and there is a really good chance that there may be 3 feet of snow on the ground. Why do Pats fans want the AFC Champ. Game at the Razor every year??  If you want what you are stating then all games should be indoors and that's not how it should be.  I think that you are looking for an excuse because by all rights your team should have won tonight and they didn't.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theatreguy. Show theatreguy's posts

The league needs to investigate this, something is very wrong here. BB's been taking lessons form Pete Rose
    Posted by proftom

YES<= 

YES.

YESSSSSSS.

Something is fishy here, belichick is wayyyyy too smart to make so many bonehead calls like that. I want an investigation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLPat. Show SLPat's posts

I hear you, but this is why you don't burn your timeouts, especially right after a touchback.  These are the details that are falling through the cracks after the loss of so many quality coaches. 

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Watch the replay.  He caught, bobbled momentarily, and tucked the ball EXACTLY at the 30 yard line, which is where the first down marker was.  What if this happened in the playoffs?  The Super Bowl?  I don't care if it's my team, the Colts, the Steelers, or any other team in the league.  To even have a marquee game like this end in a SPOT controversy that cannot be reviewed because of a lack of timeouts is ridiculous.  Because the play hadn't happened 10 seconds LATER in the game it can't be reviewed?  Utterly ridiculous.  Why do they have automatic reviews under two minutes?  Because the game is in the balance and each call is instrumental to the end of the game.  Oh, it happened at 2:09, must not be instrumental to the game at all!
    Posted by RedSoxMinion

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Watch the replay.  He caught, bobbled momentarily, and tucked the ball EXACTLY at the 30 yard line, which is where the first down marker was.  What if this happened in the playoffs?  The Super Bowl?  I don't care if it's my team, the Colts, the Steelers, or any other team in the league.  To even have a marquee game like this end in a SPOT controversy that cannot be reviewed because of a lack of timeouts is ridiculous.  Because the play hadn't happened 10 seconds LATER in the game it can't be reviewed?  Utterly ridiculous.  Why do they have automatic reviews under two minutes?  Because the game is in the balance and each call is instrumental to the end of the game.  Oh, it happened at 2:09, must not be instrumental to the game at all!
    Posted by RedSoxMinion

I did watch the replay.  Several times in fact (DVR). Even if the Pats had a time out left it wouldn't have been overturned.  You can't overturn the call on the field based on those replays.  It's one of those you see what you want to see plays.  It was way to close to overturn but I still don't think he made it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Later all Ambein kicking in.  Great thread over 1000 hits, Yankees Sox don't even do that.  I guess Colts + Pats are the teams of the decade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxMinion. Show RedSoxMinion's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : I did watch the replay.  Several times in fact (DVR). Even if the Pats had a time out left it wouldn't have been overturned.  You can't overturn the call on the field based on those replays.  It's one of those you see what you want to see plays.  It was way to close to overturn but I still don't think he made it. 
    Posted by DFree93HOF

Fair enough, we can agree to disagree, but to not even have the opportunity to review it because it was at 2:09 instead of 1:59 and not having a timeout?  I'm sorry but anything REMOTELY controversial that could decide such an important game should be up for automatic review.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : YES<=  YES. YESSSSSSS. Something is fishy here, belichick is wayyyyy too smart to make so many bonehead calls like that. I want an investigation.
    Posted by theatreguy

I've heard it all now.... It's not "Throw Momma from the Train", it's "Throw Bill Belicheck Under the Bus".  He makes a bone head mistake and now he's cheating?!?!?!  A few years ago you'd have let him sleep with my wives and daughters while you watched.  I thought you guys thought he could walk on water??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

I Can´t believe it :(
    This game hurts soooooooooo much

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFree93HOF. Show DFree93HOF's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Fair enough, we can agree to disagree, but to not even have the opportunity to review it because it was at 2:09 instead of 1:59 and not having a timeout?  I'm sorry but anything REMOTELY controversial that could decide such an important game should be up for automatic review.
    Posted by RedSoxMinion

Then let's just do away with the Ref's then.  We'll review every play of every game because every play is important in deciding the outcome of the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLPat. Show SLPat's posts

The sad reality is that the defense generates zero pressure by rushing just 4 and whether this game is played in Indy with the roof closed or not, sooner or later the DBs will break down.  Also, I am not convinced that the Pats are better off playing at home in January when they have no running game and are a finesse team at this point. If they get a second shot at the colts in the dome, with more depth up front with Warren in there, I'll take my chances.  And the Seymour trade is looking bad right now.   But not as bad as the Burgess trade.  

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Sorry if I choke back an ironic laugh here. The refs gave them 33 on the previous drive. They didn't earn that TD. I am not so sure they wouldn't have "earned" another one the same way.
    Posted by EnochRoot

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdamErc. Show AdamErc's posts

You could tell Rodney Harrison was kind of offended by Belicheck not punting the ball. Hopefully he apologizes to the defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

Pats nation you said Maroeny should be cut.  What about Nick Kazcar, RT.  he was manhandled.  Yes Faulk should have ran a better route.  Did anyone notice welker was free on the slant.  PATS need to run the ball a whole lot better then they do. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLPat. Show SLPat's posts

It's just a regular season game.  Maybe this will give the Pats the chip on their shoulder they need to go on a run, like when they lost against the Rams in 01.  Great regular seasons mean nothing.  Pats should get the Number 2 seed if they can take care of business and finish no worse than 12-4.  Gotta believe that Cinci will get tripped up sooner or later.  By the way, who was the joker who got the unsportsman like penalty after Bodden's INT?  That crap has to stop. 

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Fair enough, we can agree to disagree, but to not even have the opportunity to review it because it was at 2:09 instead of 1:59 and not having a timeout?  I'm sorry but anything REMOTELY controversial that could decide such an important game should be up for automatic review.
    Posted by RedSoxMinion

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxMinion. Show RedSoxMinion's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : I've heard it all now.... It's not "Throw Momma from the Train", it's "Throw Bill Belicheck Under the Bus".  He makes a bone head mistake and now he's cheating?!?!?!  A few years ago you'd have let him sleep with my wives and daughters while you watched.  I thought you guys thought he could walk on water??
    Posted by DFree93HOF

Ignoring all the gutshot, pain induced reactions, I still have great faith in BB.  He made an extremely gutsy call with the game in balance and came out on the losing end.  He has been making the tough decisions for years and it's finally catching up to him.  To be honest, it is refreshing to know there is still a coach out there that is willing to make unpopular and extremely controversial calls because he thinks it is in the best interest of his team based on the game situation.  Let's be honest, the defense was completely shot.  They were injured, tired, and the Colts were marching at will down the field.  On the flipside, the Colts could not stop the Pats offense all night to the tune of 34 points.  Was it really inconceivable to think they could get TWO measly yards and kneel out the game?

Like it or hate it, BB is still a great coach that made a calculated risk and lost.  If they had punted, would you have had any faith in them stopping a Manning led offense from scoring with a timeout and two minutes?  Brady said it best after the game (paraphrasing here): "Coach puts us in the situation and the players need to execute.  We didn't execute."

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts