In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : BS
    Posted by gridlocked[/QUOTE]

It was all over the replays.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Re: Patriot and Colts game thread

[QUOTE]And the worst part of the whole thing... Seening Payton Manning's smug smiling face.
    Posted by ctpowell[/QUOTE]

Yep.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonmrenda. Show jasonmrenda's posts

well that sucked
    terrible PI call at the end but you gotta hand it to manning - he beat the snot out of the pats secondary.  the pansies were up 24 to 14 or whatever it was and somehow managed to throw the game away.  terrible offensive play calling which was only worsened by some of the worst "defense" i've seen whih was actually better than BB making the single dumbest play decision i have ever seen.  i like BB but that one was just a dumb one.  you CANNOT give manning the ball at the 30 with 2 minutes and a timeout and the game on the line.  what a despicable loss.  the pats season is not over people, it just means that the playoffs will go thru indy as usual.  i effing HATE indy and i hate the refs making BS calls at late points in a game, but the pats had plenty of chances on offense and defense to put the game out of reach and they choked it jenna jameson stye BIG TIME.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjc33tampa. Show tjc33tampa's posts

Can we say Larry Johnson  third and two /  run it twice and get the first down 

This is over 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsthennews. Show sportsthennews's posts

Ninkovich's return is questionable.
    Banta-Cain return is listed as questionable.
    Manning picking apart the young DB's.
    Linebackers looking like they have no energy.

BB sees going for it on 4th as a way out.

Not a good decision. Should have made Peyton earn it.
    A mistake I'm sure BB will recognize he mnade a mistake even with all the pressure.

Should have scored in the red zone earlier instead of field goal, interception, and fumble. Then it never would have come down to this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

The league needs to investigate this, something is very wrong here. BB's been taking lessons form Pete Rose

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from czap. Show czap's posts

Couldnt happen to a bigger jerk than Belichick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aggies2424. Show aggies2424's posts

Belichick needs an immediate "random" drug testing.  Either that or someone needs to verify his bank account did not increase dramatically recently.  He had to be bribed into that stupidity.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : It was all over the replays.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Like the Colts weren't mugging Moss all night? Like the Colts didn't hold once all night? Did you miss that? I suppose Coltvision doesn't replay those bad calls.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think I've ever been more frustrated, embarrassed, annoyed, angry in all my life. Colts (and prob the rest of the NFL) should not be celebrating right now. Colts didnt win this one, we lost it.
    Posted by wiggy26[/QUOTE]

Wiggy, you have this right.  And I'll tell you this.  Belichick had a perfect game plan early.  Make the young wideouts beat the pats and there were at least 3 drops. 

but I disagree that the colts should not be celebrating.  coming back from 17 down in the 4th against the pats is remarkable.

These are 2 very good teams.  See you in the playoffs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wink1994. Show wink1994's posts

it's just a game folks...how many G.I.s were killed in Afghanistan today?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

The difference between teams is a pass rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

dogg if u really think that was pass inference you are biased. That being said you guys deserve it. Belicheck completely terrible. i ve never been so heated and disgusted over a loss ever..including the loss to the giants in the super bowl. No way Pats should lose that game..atrocious..pathetic..no superbowls in the future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnp3a. Show mnp3a's posts

hey guys,
    those calls were absolutely dubious, i agree. in fact, i expect that playing indy.

but still: indy played great: their defense made tough stops, their offense played good enough that BB wouldn't trust his defense with 2mins left.

we can argue officiating all we want, but indy was the better team on the field tonight.

great game, hated the result, but it was a great game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

My thinking is this is one of the worst moments in New England sports history. Anyone agree? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

If the Pats won Polian would be in the league office first thing in the morning getting some rule changes. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread :   Like the Colts weren't mugging Moss all night? Like the Colts didn't hold once all night? Did you miss that? I suppose Coltvision doesn't replay those bad calls.
    Posted by gridlocked[/QUOTE]

Gridlock - moss is the #1 hand fighter in the NFL.  He initiates and wants that.  His size allows him to play that for position.  Once he has position, he does not lose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rickyrat. Show Rickyrat's posts

My question is if you go for and don't make, why not let them score. Then you get 1 minute plus to go down and kick a field goal. If you gamble, go all the way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Worst decision making I've ever witnessed in the clutch.  This rivals Chris Webber's "timeout" in the NCAA finals.  All season, I've thought about the coaching calls and it all came to fruition tonight.  We should only have 1 defeat and the coaching staff has cost us 2 all alone. 

It all started with the play calling that led to the 1st FG.  Next came the TO as the second half began.  In  that situation, take the penalty.  Perhaps in the 1st half, you call a TO, NEVER in the 2nd half.  Goal line call with Maroney, why do you trust him.  Give it to the "law firm" or Faulk.  Worst case, go play action and hit the TE or Moss in the corner. 

What in the hell were we doing playing defense on that final drive (especially tackling Adai at the goal line)?  Very poor game situational awareness.  This is Peyton Manning we're playing.  With 30 yds to go and 2+ minutes on the clock concede the TD and give our MVP a realistic chance to get us in FG position or a TD with a 2 minute offense.  

Finally, if the current stable of backs (aside from KF) can't cut it, sign Johnson (cheap) and give him a crack at it.  The Krafts do want to win and  should see that this is a distinct problem.  Have LJ make a statement apologizing to whomever he's offended, do some Public Relations in the local community to make amends, and start cracking heads.

One more thing, I was sooo relieved when I saw Springs was a scratch.  Little did I know that Bodden would showboat and cause Peyton  to hunt his dumba** down. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What the hell is up with us on the road? Belichick got outcoached on the road, again. 

It's hard to see us going to the Superbowl with this kind of play, I can't believe I can't say "In Belichick I trust".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

BB risks losing his defense if he doesn't man up and 100% take the blame for that 4th down call (i'm assuming it was his call).  The Pats played sooooo poorly in the fourth quarter, but that 4th down call was the killer.  How do you explain that to your young players?????  I know the D isnt shut down or anything, but leaving Peyton Manning with a 30 yard field is guaranteed to fail.  Hell I wouldn't leave Jason Campbell with a 30 yard field. BB has some serious work to do this week, this team clearly has the ability to beat anyone-but in 09 it's simply not getting done like it needs to be.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

had they converted on 4th and 2 belicheck would have been hailed as Jesus,
    plus, i think that they gave faulk the incorrect spot.  should have been a patriots first down.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxMinion. Show RedSoxMinion's posts

[QUOTE]Worse than losing the game, Belichick just told his defense he has no confidence in it. Beyond that, what we just saw was the Colts doing what they do. This game should have been a blowout, but the Pats refused to finish and made just enough mistakes to let Indy hang around. A zebra here, an idiot coach there, and -- voila' -- a golden opportunity p*ssed away. The Pats should have no problem winning their division, but after what I saw tonight, I have no confidence that they can go back into that stadium and win in January. None, whatsoever.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

The Patriots completely dominated the game for 56 minutes ... offense marched down the field each possession, Manning looked very confused at times, and we lost our best pass rusher, his replacement, and had Adalius playing outside LB, which resulted in an extremely diminished defense.  How do you have no confidence in their chances?  The Colts won on a shaky PI call, one horribly bad turnover in the red zone, and one of the biggest coaching blunder decisions in NFL history.  You expect the stars to align like this for the Colts again?

Sections
Shortcuts