Patriot and Colts game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Re: Patriot and Colts game thread

In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Oh my God what a jack*ss! Do Pats fans like you realize what a bunch of classless, whining crybabies you look like? Yeah, the NFL and China are completely alike...what a dipsh*t! Some Pats fans have got to be the lowest IQ morons in sports, even more entitled and classless than Yankee fans. And that's saying something!
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
    The Pats blew this game, plain and simple.  No excuses here, now go back to your hole the Jets and Giants are both F-R-A-U-D-S.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonmrenda. Show jasonmrenda's posts

just a question: dont the pats know they will be playing indy every year?  if so, wouldnt you have a defense that you at least thought could attempt to keep up with them for 60 minutes each game?  if so why would you get rid of players that had an impact in big games?  i know seymour wasnt dick butkis but adalius thomas is useless.  they have no pass rush - although i understand not using it tonight.  the secondary actually played very well - a few of the catches indy got wre perfectly thrown balls.  no one was really beatenj deep.  but the whole short-passing thing just killed the pats. i just dont get giving manning thye ball at the 30 with a 6 point lead?  at that point just concede the TD and get the damn ball back and go 50 yards and kick a FG.  what an embarassment.  awful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Oh my God what a jack*ss! Do Pats fans like you realize what a bunch of classless, whining crybabies you look like? Yeah, the NFL and China are completely alike...what a dipsh*t! Some Pats fans have got to be the lowest IQ morons in sports, even more entitled and classless than Yankee fans. And that's saying something!

Oh, hey, its the bottom of the barrel guy. 

I mean, seriously, do you think that what you say has any meaning? You talked trash forever, but disappeared the second week after Eli's deal with the devil ended. And here you are, four weeks after that, trying to talk tough. 

What a moron and complete loser. Do you realize the Giants did better this weekend when they didn't play! They actually gained ground. Too bad they have to suit up next week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Came to check in, and how did I know that you guys would be carping about officiating calls?  I thought the game was called perfectly, except they missed a Mayo int. call.  What you guys are complaining about was a legit PI call.  If anything, the Pats got some breaks on the officiating.  Just admit it: the Colts legitimately won the game on this particular Sunday.  After all, the Pats can't get ALL the calls!
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]
    Jules, seriously, go look up the penalties called against teams.  Pats rank up there for calls against, not calls for.  Colts rank up there for calls for.  Regardless of the calls, the Pats blew too many opportunities today.  The Colts will make you pay for it.  That's why they're an undefeated team and not an average team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucas182. Show lucas182's posts

DOES ANY1 KNOW WHERE THE POST GAME PRESS CONFERENCES ARE GONNA BE STREAMED?

i really wanna see what bb has to say..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCurtainStainer. Show TheCurtainStainer's posts

[QUOTE]  The coach tonight demonstrated a degree of arrogance and stupidity that would lead to mere mortals being fired.  He lost that game by coaching stupid
    Posted by dazeend[/QUOTE]

IT'S CALLED HUBRIS.  LOOK IT UP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelleym. Show kelleym's posts

I still cannot believe we went for it on 4th and 2.  At least punt it and make Manning EARN the TD.  Don't hand it to him on a silver platter.  And we had plenty of opportunities to win this game and just didn't put it away.  What a shame to lose like this. This is a hard one to swallow.  Good night fellow Pats fans!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Early 4th quarter its 31-14 and I'm thinking, "this win puts the Pats at the top of the power rankings". Brady is picking them apart and it looks like a decisive win in Indy, a blowout of an undefeated team on their home turf. Then this. Feels kinda like the SB collapse vs. the Giants: sickening.
    Posted by gibsonsg[/QUOTE]

How about this.  Up 10 with 7 minutes and manning throws a pick.  That was game over in my mind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanNH. Show patsfanNH's posts

I guess it is very easy to pile up on BB here..But dont forget he did the same thing against atlanta earlier in the season when the game was on the line..You can understand the rationale behind todays decision. the defense was completely gassed and we were anyways playing our second line with main players being injured...there was no possibility of a pass rush being generated even if we punted the ball...add to that the fact that the colts had easily moved the stretch of the field on the previous two drives..if the pats had converted, BB would have been hailed as the master tactician...this gives an opportunity for all the BB haters in the media to pile on him..But remember this is only a reg season game and you can rest assured this will only fuel the pats more.....IN BB I STILL TRUST

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]the NFL should have to play out-doors.. after this game, with all the hype and who's better? Brady... he plays with natural conditions and wins. peyton stays at home in a dome to win. right there, it's simple. btw, bill... come on, what the heck was that, go back to your plays in 02-05 and relearn what made you great. in the end, its not how you do it, its the W, you used to understand that. greedy on 4th down, c'mon 28 yard line! you don't do that.. trust your defense, its what made you in the first place, get back to it cause you aint winning now
    Posted by teo09877[/QUOTE]
    Another stupid excuse.

Brady's got nearly a perfect record indoors.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"My question is if you go for and don't make, why not let them score. Then you get 1 minute plus to go down and kick a field goal. If you gamble, go all the way."

Exactly. Argue the 4th and 2 call all you want, but the biggest mistake was not seeing the gambit all the way through. You have to accept the full implications of the gambit and let the Colts score. Then you take your chances with a minute or so of time left. 

I really liked the call but you have to see it through to its miserable low or ecstatic high if you make it. 

Posters in this forum seem to think this was a playoff game. It's a regular season game folks. The Jets lost today and the division is looking good if we can beat the teams we're supposed to beat from here on out.

Congrats to the Colts for a heck of a game. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : How do you spell OWNED?
    Posted by TheCurtainStainer[/QUOTE]

Owned, did You type that with a straight face?  That was a gift from God.  Take the win say a few Rosarys and be very grateful.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Came to check in, and how did I know that you guys would be carping about officiating calls?  I thought the game was called perfectly, except they missed a Mayo int. call.  What you guys are complaining about was a legit PI call.  If anything, the Pats got some breaks on the officiating.  Just admit it: the Colts legitimately won the game on this particular Sunday.  After all, the Pats can't get ALL the calls!
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Sure, that call was legitimate. It just isn't a Colts win without one. Both players playing the ball and contact created by the offensive player is not DPI. But whatever. It wasn't the whole game though it was significant.

Please explain, if you can, how you feel it was legit.

The sad part is that you really know the Pats lost that game - the Colts didn't win it. There is a big difference. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

[QUOTE]I guess it is very easy to pile up on BB here..But dont forget he did the same thing against atlanta earlier in the season when the game was on the line..You can understand the rationale behind todays decision. the defense was completely gassed and we were anyways playing our second line with main players being injured...there was no possibility of a pass rush being generated even if we punted the ball...add to that the fact that the colts had easily moved the stretch of the field on the previous two drives..if the pats had converted, BB would have been hailed as the master tactician...this gives an opportunity for all the BB haters in the media to pile on him..But remember this is only a reg season game and you can rest assured this will only fuel the pats more.....IN BB I STILL TRUST
    Posted by patsfanNH[/QUOTE]
    Maroney...The guy is a travesty.  Moss should have ran it in instead, for crying out loud.
    I trust many things that BB does, but offense is not one of them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]I still cannot believe we went for it on 4th and 2.  At least punt it and make Manning EARN the TD.  Don't hand it to him on a silver platter.  And we had plenty of opportunities to win this game and just didn't put it away.  What a shame to lose like this. This is a hard one to swallow.  Good night fellow Pats fans!
    Posted by kelleym[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I choke back an ironic laugh here. The refs gave them 33 on the previous drive. They didn't earn that TD. I am not so sure they wouldn't have "earned" another one the same way.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelleym. Show kelleym's posts

[QUOTE]"My question is if you go for and don't make, why not let them score. Then you get 1 minute plus to go down and kick a field goal. If you gamble, go all the way." Exactly. Argue the 4th and 2 call all you want, but the biggest mistake was not seeing the gambit all the way through. You have to accept the full implications of the gambit and let the Colts score. Then you take your chances with a minute or so of time left.  I really liked the call but you have to see it through to its miserable low or ecstatic high if you make it.  Posters in this forum seem to think this was a playoff game. It's a regular season game folks. The Jets lost today and the division is looking good if we can beat the teams we're supposed to beat from here on out. Congrats to the Colts for a heck of a game. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Coming from a guy who's team didn't lose today only because they didn't play. 

I remember a few years ago (2007) the Giant fans screaming for Goober's and the coaches head's at the midpoint of that season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxMinion. Show RedSoxMinion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : You know, I think many Patriots fans (myself included) did have the brief thought "F this BS, do a slant with Welker on 4th down and end this nonsense"...but then we dismissed it. 
    Posted by NoHoldingCalls[/QUOTE]

That play call on 3rd and 4th down is also extremely iffy.  You need two yards on 3rd.  How can you not do one of those draws to Faulk that was picking the Colts D apart all game?  Slant to Welker or Moss works 95% of the time.  To throw to your shortest eligable receiver instead of your 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd option on a 4th and 2 is such a horrible idea. 

On another tangent, am I the only one who thinks it's completely unacceptable to let a spot of the football ultimately decide the game?  Shouldn't there be a rule to review the spot of a football if it has such an instrumental impact late in a game of this magnitude?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelleym. Show kelleym's posts

[QUOTE]"My question is if you go for and don't make, why not let them score. Then you get 1 minute plus to go down and kick a field goal. If you gamble, go all the way." Exactly. Argue the 4th and 2 call all you want, but the biggest mistake was not seeing the gambit all the way through. You have to accept the full implications of the gambit and let the Colts score. Then you take your chances with a minute or so of time left.  I really liked the call but you have to see it through to its miserable low or ecstatic high if you make it.  Posters in this forum seem to think this was a playoff game. It's a regular season game folks. The Jets lost today and the division is looking good if we can beat the teams we're supposed to beat from here on out. Congrats to the Colts for a heck of a game. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

You are SOOO right. My husband and I said that after we turned the ball over after the 4th and 2 call that we should have let the Colts just score right away. Then we'd have about a minute to play to hopefully go down the field and at least get in field goal range.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ericdejong. Show ericdejong's posts

I'm so mad I'm shaking!  I waste my time and emotional energy for that BS!?  The fans deserve better than what BB has given us the last 4 years.  He has tried to win for the past 4 years with below average DBs and it hasn't worked.  We have trouble stopping average QBs with the DBs we've had.  Every week the QB we play looks like Joe Montana - how can you expect to beat the Colts - even when we have them beat we do whatever it takes to lose. 

Still haven't beaten a good team this year - or last year for that matter ...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from timmydedham. Show timmydedham's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : Another stupid excuse. Brady's got nearly a perfect record indoors.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

yes, but he doesnt have an indoor homefield, thats more of what i meant. the stadium advantage shouldnt be that way, it should be all indoor or all outdoor personally. i understand both QB's are fantastic indoors, but peyton gets it more often, other QB's and players in general as well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : That play call on 3rd and 4th down is also extremely iffy.  You need two yards on 3rd.  How can you not do one of those draws to Faulk that was picking the Colts D apart all game?  Slant to Welker or Moss works 95% of the time.  To throw to your shortest eligable receiver instead of your 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd option on a 4th and 2 is such a horrible idea.  On another tangent, am I the only one who thinks it's completely unacceptable to let a spot of the football ultimately decide the game?  Shouldn't there be a rule to review the spot of a football if it has such an instrumental impact late in a game of this magnitude?
    Posted by RedSoxMinion[/QUOTE]
    Heh.  See, if they ran the ball on 3rd down, the 4th down play would have been within the final two minutes of the game, and thus would be subject to review.  Bad play calling and bad clock management led to our issue.
    And seriously, cut Maroney.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ericdejong. Show ericdejong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : That play call on 3rd and 4th down is also extremely iffy.  You need two yards on 3rd.  How can you not do one of those draws to Faulk that was picking the Colts D apart all game?  Slant to Welker or Moss works 95% of the time.  To throw to your shortest eligable receiver instead of your 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd option on a 4th and 2 is such a horrible idea.  On another tangent, am I the only one who thinks it's completely unacceptable to let a spot of the football ultimately decide the game?  Shouldn't there be a rule to review the spot of a football if it has such an instrumental impact late in a game of this magnitude?
    Posted by RedSoxMinion[/QUOTE]

There are rules to cover that - but if you stupidly waste your timeouts you don't get to take advantage of those rules.  It's almost like BB knew the future and purposely did EXACTKY what he needed to do to make sure the Pats lost.  The offensive play calling is terrible.  I won'r be able to sleep tonight.  I was so jazzed that we were going to beat fairy boy Manning and the pretty ponies and now I have to stew about the most ridiculous loss I've ever seen.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriot and Colts game thread : yes, but he doesnt have an indoor homefield, thats more of what i meant. the stadium advantage shouldnt be that way, it should be all indoor or all outdoor personally. i understand both QB's are fantastic indoors, but peyton gets it more often, other QB's and players in general as well.
    Posted by teo09877[/QUOTE]

Guess what, if I am correct, this is the first game this year that the colts have had the roof closed.  Every other game its been open.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from spirit2005. Show spirit2005's posts

Belichoke!!!

what the ??  Frown