Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady

The reason Patriot fans hate hearing about Tim Tebow, is because drafting him would mean the book on Brady is past the halfway mark.  Brady's contract ends next year.  So it would make sense for New England to draft a QB, for emergency purposes, and leverage in negotiating a new deal.

Nobody in New England is ready to replace Brady, but this is a business, no matter how much we hate it.  It is certain that Brady will remain a Patriot.  he is likely reaching his prime right now.  So why not bring in Tebow, use him how we can.  The guy will do whatever it takes to win.  I bet if you asked him to punt, he'd practice his A SS off, until he could kick 50 yard punts.  In 3 years he'd be ready to start at QB.

I just don't see the downside.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady

In Response to Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady:
    The reason Patriot fans hate hearing about Tim Tebow, is because drafting him would mean the book on Brady is past the halfway mark...blah, blah, blah, TEBOW IS GOD, John 16:33....Posted by jmmyslinski

Jimmy, why not just post this tripe on one of the 623 existing Tebow walks on water threads?  It's really boring.  You know who will pick him?  A team like Jacksonville that needs to sell merchandise.  He might even go in the stands sell the stuff himself (when he's not practicing punting). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Really, I don't know any fans personally that hate Tebow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't hate Tebow at all, I just think he's an overrated prospect that is getting unwarranted attention. How many posts have been created for a guy that might be a late round pick?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

If you believe the hype  I've got a few other things to sell you. We really need to talk. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

"The guy will do whatever it takes to win.  I bet if you asked him to punt, he'd practice his A SS off, until he could kick 50 yard punts."

A statement like that is another annoyance. Not with Tebow, but his fans. He's not a greek God! Is the consensus from Tebow fans that he can do whatever he puts his mind to? Is this an afterschool special? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

I love how Tebow haters think by picking someone in round one or two means they are so good and will make the team and have an IMMEDIATE impact. Get real, people!  It's all a crap shoot. Suppose Tebow really becomes in the NFL, what he is to the Gators?  You'll hide under a rock and say I KNEW we should have taken him earlier, as the team that took a chance goes on to glory for years with a super star. It's 50 / 50 it works, but we've had so many years picking losers you'll forget soon enough.
    READ THIS TO TO CALM YOUR NERVES....

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/24/nfl-draft-biggest-busts-by-team-whos-your-teams-worst-draft-p/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I don't hate him just the Brain Wash buII$hlt he stands for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

this might be the dumbest post so far in 2010! Jimmy get a clue will you. Who hates Tebow? If anything, the fans of New England actually want the guy if he's not drafted too high. Dude name me 1 media member or fan other than yourself that doesn't want Tebow if drafted in the right position. YIKES MAN! TERRIBLE post.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady:
    ...Suppose Tebow really becomes in the NFL, what he is to the Gators?  You'll hide under a rock and say I KNEW we should have taken him earlier, as the team that took a chance goes on to glory for years with a super star....
    Posted by 3SB-rings

I think he has a 50/50 shot at becoming a passable player in a few years.  I don't see how he can become a superstar QB.  There are too many negatives.  I don't care one way or the other how he does, but I wish him luck and happiness in life.  He seems like a fine person.  OK?

Given this evaluation, the lack of need at the QB position and the far more acute need in other areas, why would anybody want to use a 2nd round pick on him?  That's all I'm saying.  That and what is up with the obsession of certain fans?  It's way out of whack.  It's like soccer fans, yeah I get it, you like soccer, I don't.  I'd rather pressure wash my driveway than watch soccer. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I'm assuming he means the people who are ardently against drafting Tebow, not that they really "hate" him! If he did come to Foxboro and learn from Brady he may be like Young was to Montana. The kid is smart, and his natural leadership abilities are on par with Tom. This is assuming he falls to the second round. I wouldn't be too sure. I'd agree with the 50/50 analogy. If you get lucky you're a genius. If the kid flops you're Matt Millen! I suppose at some point they'd have to consider him the BPA if he drops and is there at the time. I have no illusion of Tom's immortality. We cannot be caught up in hopes he plays as long as Favre (sans all the picks, of course)! Opening day of the 08 season reminded us that years are not guaranteed. And it may happen such that Tom wins another ring at age 35, and decides to go out on top like Elway did. I don't expect them to actively seek to draft Tebow. But they have extra picks, and if he falls to them at some point I wouldn't be too shocked at the pick. Let's just hope the Fins don't get him! Also, both Mike Holmgren and Mike Shanahan are not totally solid at the position, and love to develop QBs. We'll see if Tebow falls to NE. I think with good coaching (and not being thrown to the wolves as a rookie) Tim could be a very good QB in the big show.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady:
    The reason Patriot fans hate hearing about Tim Tebow, is because drafting him would mean the book on Brady is past the halfway mark.  Brady's contract ends next year.  So it would make sense for New England to draft a QB, for emergency purposes, and leverage in negotiating a new deal. Nobody in New England is ready to replace Brady, but this is a business, no matter how much we hate it.  It is certain that Brady will remain a Patriot.  he is likely reaching his prime right now.  So why not bring in Tebow, use him how we can.  The guy will do whatever it takes to win.  I bet if you asked him to punt, he'd practice his A SS off, until he could kick 50 yard punts.  In 3 years he'd be ready to start at QB. I just don't see the downside.
    Posted by jmmyslinski

LMAO....umm, so, we hated but drafted the likes of O'Connell, Cassel, Guttierez, and Hoyer because we love Brady........riiiiiight....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

... Tim could be a very good QB in the big show.
    Posted by bubthegrub2

He could, but so could Tony Pike who is a lot more similar to Brady, and will be there in round 5 or 6.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady : He could, but so could Tony Pike who is a lot more similar to Brady, and will be there in round 5 or 6.
    Posted by Muzwell

Oops, never mind.  I just found out that Tony Pike is human and can't heal lepers, my bad.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I don't think anyone hates Tebow, its just some of us question his skills. yeah we have been spoiled by Brady, but if BB is planning to start grooming a replacement there shouls not be a huge learning curve.

Brady was thrown into the starting job a season after being drafted. i don't think Tebow could take a complex offense over that quick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Umm,
    no I don't think theres hate for Tebow, but his mechanics, releases, and accuracy is in question.  HTere are many other holes to fill and they have drafted other QB's.

Sure Draft Tebow, but since the Pats don't have a 3rd rounder, if he's still around in the 4th, sure why not...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

I think if anything the BB era in NE has tought us not to fall in love with any players. NE fans have more love for Brady than most other players but even the hardcore Brady fan should realize the Pats run this like a business & if someday down the road BB deems another QB gives the Pats a brighter future & a batter chance to win BB with pull the trigger on that move faster than anyone.

Brady is what 32? I'd say we are 4 years away from these discussions. I am also not opposed to the Pats spending a 3rd round pick on Tebow & allowing him to learn our system & work more on his mechanics for a year or 2.

Everyone keeps saying a 3rd rounder is steep for a project QB. Well, in 2 years if the project QB pans out & he is now more informed & better skiller than a 1st rounder coming out than we look like genius' for making this move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Umm, no I don't think theres hate for Tebow, but his mechanics, releases, and accuracy is in question.  HTere are many other holes to fill and they have drafted other QB's. Sure Draft Tebow, but since the Pats don't have a 3rd rounder, if he's still around in the 4th, sure why not...
    Posted by patswirelessfan

You don't draft Tebow in the 4th because this is a deep draft and you may find an immediate contributor there. Asante Samual was a 4th round pick, as was Koppen. Again, not knocking Tebow but I just think there are guys that could help the team out more. It's a crapshoot, but you still pick players who have a better chance of making the team better. The draft is said to be VERY deep in O lineman, so I would think the better bet is to find an O lineman to protect Brady. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I think if anything the BB era in NE has tought us not to fall in love with any players. NE fans have more love for Brady than most other players but even the hardcore Brady fan should realize the Pats run this like a business & if someday down the road BB deems another QB gives the Pats a brighter future & a batter chance to win BB with pull the trigger on that move faster than anyone. Brady is what 32? I'd say we are 4 years away from these discussions. I am also not opposed to the Pats spending a 3rd round pick on Tebow & allowing him to learn our system & work more on his mechanics for a year or 2. Everyone keeps saying a 3rd rounder is steep for a project QB. Well, in 2 years if the project QB pans out & he is now more informed & better skiller than a 1st rounder coming out than we look like genius' for making this move.
    Posted by seanblaze

Why not spend the pick on a quarterback that is better developed than Tebow at this point? Is is because Tony Pike can't walk on water? Watch the senior bowl clips. I'd much rather develop Pike over Tebow.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

I don't hate him just the Brain Wash buII$hlt he stands for.
    Posted by Tcal2

I dont even get what this means? Religion? I keep hearing Tebow is a bible thumper, jesus freak, ect.......Does this mean u wouldn't want Kurt Warner as your QB? I'll take them both with the game on the line.......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady : Why not spend the pick on a quarterback that is better developed than Tebow at this point? Is is because Tony Pike can't walk on water? Watch the senior bowl clips. I'd much rather develop Pike over Tebow.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Pike should be loooong gone before Tebow. Anyone who takes Tebow before Pike is just trying to make a splash & sell tix. I'm saying if Tebow drops to 3rd or 4th round, with 2 years of learning, watching, listening we can potentially develop him into a franchise caliber QB in 2-3 years behind Brady. Tebow is not ready to play right now.......everything is based on what if......what if he falls. I understand the Pats have needs, but you can potentially roll the dice on a 3rd or 4th round pick & come up roses in 2-3 years....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady : I dont even get what this means? Religion? I keep hearing Tebow is a bible thumper, jesus freak, ect.......Does this mean u wouldn't want Kurt Warner as your QB? I'll take them both with the game on the line.......
    Posted by seanblaze

yeah, i don't think it matters to most fans if a player has a faith support system. i don't go to church ans spend my time reading the bible  but it doesn't bother me he reads the bible or has a girlfreind that has big boobsSmile

if Tebow eneded up the Pats who else would you want as a mentor? Mr. Brady probably