Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady

In Response to Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady:
    I don't hate Tebow at all, I just think he's an overrated prospect that is getting unwarranted attention. How many posts have been created for a guy that might be a late round pick?
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Pretty much sums it up. I actually like Tebow, hard worker, stand up guy...just not a pro QB.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady : Why not spend the pick on a quarterback that is better developed than Tebow at this point? Is is because Tony Pike can't walk on water? Watch the senior bowl clips. I'd much rather develop Pike over Tebow.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Here is what many people are not getting about TEBOW. The reason BB likes him so much is the fact that he is intelligent enough to do what he is asked to do without question. Anotherwords, he has no chip on his shoulder, as with Brady, show me what to do coach and I will do it. Thats what sets him apart from many. Now, can he be trained to change mechanics, of course he can if his is willing to learn which he is. Funny thing is in Brady's first year after Bledsoe got injured, the media were saying Brady cant throw long, is slow, all the usual stuff. Its not a matter of will Tebow get drafted, its when and by who,will he amke it in the NFL, I say yes because he can adapt, and that my friends is how you survive, if I can do it, then TImmy TeBoW can do it too.Yell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady : Here is what many people are not getting about TEBOW. The reason BB likes him so much is the fact that he is intelligent enough to do what he is asked to do without question. Anotherwords, he has no chip on his shoulder, as with Brady, show me what to do coach and I will do it. Thats what sets him apart from many. Now, can he be trained to change mechanics, of course he can if his is willing to learn which he is. Funny thing is in Brady's first year after Bledsoe got injured, the media were saying Brady cant throw long, is slow, all the usual stuff. Its not a matter of will Tebow get drafted, its when and by who,will he amke it in the NFL, I say yes because he can adapt, and that my friends is how you survive, if I can do it, then TImmy TeBoW can do it too.
    Posted by Stompper

Thats the million dollar question isn't it.

I am sure he will be the good solidire that will follwo directions.  BUT, can hebe successful?  They took a chance on Brady and he proved to be worthy, someone will give Tebow a chance and maybe he will and maybe he won't, but in this deep draft and so many other needs, I think the Pats need to take advantage to get as talented a player to fill their current needs. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hate Tim Tebow. I can't stand him and how everybody else thinks he is God. What do people mean he can do anything he sets his mind to? The idiot was suppose to "adapt" his throwing motion last season, and guess what? He didn't! Jesus, excuse me, Tebow, where is this hype coming from?

The last time I heard this much hype over a QB... HE LOST THE SUPERBOWL WITH A PICK-6! I've already posted this on the Tebow article, but Tebowians just won't get it through their thick heads. 

"He can play TE, FB or HB" - He can take on kids his age in college, but in the NFL, the Ray Lewis, Patrick Willis, and Karlos Dansbys of the league would kill him if he ever switched to HB. On TE, how do you know if he can even catch a ball? Belichick doesn't even use his TEs as receivers. They are additional OLmen. And FB? Can he block? 

"He's a great athlete" - Really?!! He ran the 40 yard dash in 4.80... that's about as fast as a TE. He's a better athlete than most TEs, but he isn't a very good athlete by NFL standards.

"He can learn from Brady and then take over for him when he retires" - Uhmm... he has to learn how to play as a NFL QB before he can learn how to play as an elite one. You have to learn how to crawl before you learn you can learn how to run, people!

"No one knew Brady would be a very good QB" Actually, the Pats loved TFB. They just went after their needs first in that draft. They would've taken him in round 3, but he stuck around till round 6, and they went after him before any other teams did. The Pats had a 28 year old QB who played at a high level, why bring in a kid with a third round pick when we can fill a need? That was their thought process. Also, the knock on Brady was that he wasn't big enough, athletic enough, tough enough to play NFL QB. Which is the exact opposite of Tim Tebow. I don't care about his "leadership", how many times do you see Tom Brady or Peyton Manning getting their team mates pumped up by yelling in their face? Never, they boost team morale by playing at a high level.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

That's another thing I hate about Tebow. People keep mentioning him in the same breath with two of the greatest QBs in NFL history before he even took a snap at QB. How dare you mention Tebow's name in the same breath as Steve Young or Tom Brady?!! I idolize those two-- along with Joe Montana, hence the 49 in my name. That's like comparing Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees to Eli Manning. I get angry when people do that.

BB has made some dubious moves in the past that I just brushed off and said "People always think a genius is crazy" even after his plans fell apart. If Belichick drafts Tebow before round 7, I will lose alot of respect for the man. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

That's another thing I hate about Tebow. People keep mentioning him in the same breath with two of the greatest QBs in NFL history before he even took a snap at QB. How dare you mention Tebow's name in the same breath as Steve Young or Tom Brady?!! I idolize those two-- along with Joe Montana, hence the 49 in my name. That's like comparing Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees to Eli Manning. I get angry when people do that. BB has made some dubious moves in the past that I just brushed off and said "People always think a genius is crazy" even after his plans fell apart. If Belichick drafts Tebow before round 7, I will lose alot of respect for the man. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

You're a weirdo dude!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Why am I weird? Because I hate Tebow? Anyone who hates Tebow is abnormal, right?  Clown.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

49Patriots:
    Take a chill pill, dude.
    Last time I checked 99% of top NFL defensive players came from..tadaaa...COLLEGE!  And some were on the same field against Tebow. That's how they all develope and the best continue to compete at the next level. (just like high school players move on to the college level) No one is saying he'll be Montana, Young, Brady, Brees or Peyton....could all your "idols" be any better? Maybe he'll turn out like Warner, Starr, Staubach or Aikman or someone servicable like Tarkenton, Elway or McNabb.  I can live with that. Even Cassell looked pretty good in BB's system.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

That's another thing I hate about Tebow. People keep mentioning him in the same breath with two of the greatest QBs in NFL history before he even took a snap at QB. How dare you mention Tebow's name in the same breath as Steve Young or Tom Brady?!! I idolize those two-- along with Joe Montana, hence the 49 in my name. That's like comparing Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees to Eli Manning. I get angry when people do that. BB has made some dubious moves in the past that I just brushed off and said "People always think a genius is crazy" even after his plans fell apart. If Belichick drafts Tebow before round 7, I will lose alot of respect for the man. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

"How dare you mention Tebow's name in the same breath as Steve Young or Tom Brady?!!".....HOW DARE YOU SIR! I PUT A POX APON THEE SIR!

"I idolize those two-- along with Joe Montana, hence the 49 in my name."...........When you were a little girl did you used to put your Montana jersey on & dance in the mirror with your junk tucked between your legs?

"That's like comparing Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees to Eli Manning. I get angry when people do that".......GRRRRRRRRRRR. ANGRY! TOOLBAG!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady:
    The reason Patriot fans hate hearing about Tim Tebow, is because drafting him would mean the book on Brady is past the halfway mark.  Brady's contract ends next year.  So it would make sense for New England to draft a QB, for emergency purposes, and leverage in negotiating a new deal. Nobody in New England is ready to replace Brady, but this is a business, no matter how much we hate it.  It is certain that Brady will remain a Patriot.  he is likely reaching his prime right now.  So why not bring in Tebow, use him how we can.  The guy will do whatever it takes to win.  I bet if you asked him to punt, he'd practice his A SS off, until he could kick 50 yard punts.  In 3 years he'd be ready to start at QB. I just don't see the downside.
    Posted by jmmyslinski

I don't hate him aslong as we don't waste a pick of less than 5th round on a back up PROJECT QB..... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

No one hates Tebow, but the guy is the most hyped player of recent memory.  The "experts" are split on whether the guy can play QB at the pro level.  Can he?  Who knows.  If I'm the Pats, I don't spend a high pick on a guy that has a big question mark as far as his future in the NFL.  And for those who think he can be an H-back/TE, the guy has yet to prove he can play the position.  I'd rather go with a guy who has proved he can play that position.  

So to say Tebow is worth a high pick is crazy.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

49Patriots: Take a chill pill, dude. Last time I checked 99% of top NFL defensive players came from..tadaaa...COLLEGE!  And some were on the same field against Tebow. That's how they all develope and the best continue to compete at the next level. (just like high school players move on to the college level) No one is saying he'll be Montana, Young, Brady, Brees or Peyton....could all your "idols" be any better? Maybe he'll turn out like Warner, Starr, Staubach or Aikman or someone servicable like Tarkenton, Elway or McNabb.  I can live with that. Even Cassell looked pretty good in BB's system.
    Posted by 3SB-rings

Good call Broseph! Tired of all these Pats fans dismissing what Tebow could be with development. To be honest Cassell was terrible last year. Even Pioli is scratching his head & that has to do with our system. All the planets aligned when we got Brady @ 199, his development & Mo Lewis tearing Bledsoe's sphincter. Lightning doesnt strike twice in the same spot... 

Anyone who thinks we are going to find a jem of a replacement for Brady in the late rounds & do this wild ride all over again is cuckoo. We as an organization need to be prepaired for A) if & when he leaves or B) if & when he is hurt again. To me TB has 4 years of high level play left in him. Maybe less after the beating he took last season. & if we were to get Tebow, at the least it would be 2 years to get him ready to play in our system. & he can have that...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I  hate Tebow because he thinks my family are all going to burn in hell for belonging to Congregationalists churches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

49Patriots: ...No one is saying he'll be Montana, Young, Brady, Brees or Peyton....could all your "idols" be any better? Maybe he'll turn out like Warner, Starr, Staubach or Aikman or someone servicable like Tarkenton, Elway or McNabb.  I can live with that....
    Posted by 3SB-rings

It's good to know that 3SB-rings could live with another Warner, Starr, Staubach or Aikman or at worst someone "serviceable like Tarkenton, Elway or McNabb."  You just named 7 of the top 15 or so QBs of all time (well maybe McNabb is a tier below still).  That's serviceable to you?   I guess you have high standards...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

Wow!  People really get razzed-up over this subject.  "Hate" may have been a bit of a harsh term, to explain Pats fans feelings towards Tebow.  I see most people are just worried about "wasting" an early pick.  Unfortunately, he's NOT going to make it past the 2nd round.

Truthfully, I'm not that much of a Tebow fan.  I just recognize the combination of a great attitude and athletic ability, that could POSSIBLY make him a special NFL quarterback in a few years.  Obviously he's not the prototypical QB, but his skillset is becoming more evident in the NFL.  Do you think it was a coincidence that the Patriots fielded 2 ex-QB's at reciever last year?  NFL QB's will become more athletic every year.  The more they are protected, the more coaches will want to take advantage.

Tebow has always shown leadership on the field, and off the field as well.  He had an outstanding run at Florida.  Mind you, the entire team was fantastic.  I just see a Peyton Manning attitude here, not a Ryan Leaf dunce.  If he had the right throwing motion, this thread would be quite different.  He's working on that.

I guess we'll see what happens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

I don't HATE Tim Tebow...I Hate Mass Murderers, Corporate Monopolies, Any and Every Politician, I Hate racial/religious bigotry, I Hate people who hurt animals, and I HATE crocodiles and alligators... 
         I mean honestly, Is there ANY reason for a crocodile to exist?  All they know how to do is maul, tear, chomp, and eat.  Ya hear of Horse-whisperers, someone attuned enough to trully emphathize, to literally 'feel unto' an animal-not really read their mind per se, but sense and tap into their feelings and emotions, And then themselves, react accordingly.  Anyone ever hear of a crocodile whisperer.....Nooo, of course not!  Even within the absurdity of the film, "Crocodile Dundee", the producers wisely said to themselves, "O.k., let's let him soothe a mean water buffalo, but let's make him Battle Crocodiles."  Because ya try to emphathize and soothe a croc and you get your face ripped off, each and every time.  And thus, there's NO place for crocodiles on this earth, because they're the embodiment of evil and the sooner we hunt them to extinction, the better...  Now onto Tim Tebow:

I don't HATE Tim TebowTebow's like why monkees and chimpanzees (all and any apes), didn't make the HATE list...and should NOT.  In fact, I pretty much feel the same way about Tim Tebow as I DO any dirty, rotten monkee...  No Hate really, but honestly for the team I follow-New England and Tim Tebow, Imho (and just like monkees)-It's ALREADY a little too close for my comfort zone: Whether it be Bill Belichick's close friendship with U-Florida's Urban Meyer, OR Bill Belichick's speaking out positively about Tebow, OR Tim Tebow's pathetic QB skills as they translate to the Pro-game, AND/OR ALL this viewed in light of the fact that this New England team has far, far too many needs as is (2 OLBs, 1-2 DEs, 1-2 RBs, 1-2 WRs, 1-2 O-Lineman/OT/OC-OG, 1 TE, 1 CB, and 1 Punt...ridiculous)-AND We NEED to address those, what-Anywhere from 8 or 9 upwards to an unbelievable (and ideal) 12 or 13 positional issues and therefore "Nail" the great majority of ALL our draft selections-AND Tim Tebow at QB, Simply CANNOT fit in considering Tim Tebow would HAVE to be secured with New Englands 2nd Rd Draft Selection (And NO, not Tebow at a position he's never played before, like tall and slow rb or massively undersized te with poor ball-skills; And NO Tebow will NOT be around to select with NE's also very much needed late 4th rder...sorry). 

Overall, that's why I feel towards Tim Tebow the way I feel towards Monkees...just a tad too close for my liking.  Stup!d Charles Darwin and evolutionary theory killing any hope I have at escaping this earthly plane with everlasting peace of soul in eternity...  And stup!d Tim Tebow and him maybe killing my hopes of securing a very good player at a much needed position to better my piece of mind within my souless earthly eternity principle (i.e. my love for the patriots)... 
         But see, just like Any and Every monkee, ape, or chimp, I Do NOT hate Tebow, but I just feel "my team" (New England or Planet Earth) would be better off overall without him (And those utterly filthy chimps).  Also, what makes it somewhat intriguing, Is how Tebow is somewhat of a Jesus-freak, so he probably doesn't believe in cr#zy ole' evolution, or why we have vestigial organs and monkees able to pilot space capsules, MORE than he believes that the earth is only 6000 years old, and that God made it in 7 days, and that Noah lived for 400 years... 

So I'm not sayin' I hate the guy, just that he makes the world a worse place to live in overall; And that IF we drafted him with a 2nd rder, I'd burn a gasoline soaked post that reads:  "Tebow The Anti-QB", outside of his house and tell him that I was going to run for Town Mayor so I could start a hate campaign against him while monopolizing each and every other house in his neighborhood and turning them all into sewage plants and noisy lumber mills...than I'd kick his pooch before going postal on a buncha innocent civilians. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady : "How dare you mention Tebow's name in the same breath as Steve Young or Tom Brady?!!".....HOW DARE YOU SIR! I PUT A POX APON THEE SIR! "I idolize those two-- along with Joe Montana, hence the 49 in my name."...........When you were a little girl did you used to put your Montana jersey on & dance in the mirror with your junk tucked between your legs? "That's like comparing Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees to Eli Manning. I get angry when people do that".......GRRRRRRRRRRR. ANGRY! TOOLBAG!
    Posted by seanblaze

No, I didn't do any of that stuff. But I know you wear Tebow's jockstrap on your face to bed. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Muzwell:
    Don't you see the humor in it?  49Patriots is taking the cream of the crop and comparing to what Tebow might bring. Like I said at the end, Cassell even looked good in our system and I'd be willing to do that over again JUST IN CASE Tom takes another disabling hit. Are you ready to just go it with ONLY Hoyer????

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

I said humor..I meant sarcasm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

49Patriots: Take a chill pill, dude. Last time I checked 99% of top NFL defensive players came from..tadaaa...COLLEGE!  And some were on the same field against Tebow. That's how they all develope and the best continue to compete at the next level. (just like high school players move on to the college level) No one is saying he'll be Montana, Young, Brady, Brees or Peyton....could all your "idols" be any better? Maybe he'll turn out like Warner, Starr, Staubach or Aikman or someone servicable like Tarkenton, Elway or McNabb.  I can live with that. Even Cassell looked pretty good in BB's system.
    Posted by 3SB-rings

This is why I HATE Tim Tebow. Why are we wasting a draft pick on a guy who may, or may not, turn out to a "serviceable" NFL QB? If Tebow was a LB who played with alot of heart, but couldn't read a defense well, couldn't tackle well, or couldn't shed a block, would you Tebowians want Belichick to draft him in the second round? So why are we doing the same for Tebow the QB? If anything he sets his mind to he can do, why is it that when Belichick, and many others, told Tebow that he would have to reconstruct his throwing motion if he wanted to play in the NFL he didn't try to until two months till draft day?

Just N-O to Tebow! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaHindu. Show DaHindu's posts

Only if he falls to the fourth he's not worth a 2nd round pick, But if the pats were to aquire a 3rd round pick n  he was their then yea i say go for it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaHindu. Show DaHindu's posts

Only if he falls to the fourth he's not worth a 2nd round pick, But if the pats were to aquire a 3rd round pick n  he was their then yea i say go for it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Wow this issue will not die... My issue is not Tebow or the fact that he could someday replace Brady my issue is I personally would not spend an early draft pick (rounds 1-4) on a QB that is having to relearn everything including throwing mechanics when we have holes to fill and so many good players available in the top of the draft.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

To ALL : I don't HATE Tim Tebow ...I  Hate Mass Murderers, Corporate Monopolies, Any and Every Politician, I  Hate racial/religious bigotry, I  Hate people who hurt animals, and I HATE crocodiles and alligators...       I mean honestly, Is there ANY reason for a crocodile to exist?  All they know how to do is maul, tear, chomp, and eat.  Ya hear of Horse-whisperers, someone attuned enough to trully emphathize, to literally 'feel unto' an animal-not really read their mind per se, but sense and tap into their feelings and emotions, And then themselves, react accordingly.  Anyone ever hear of a crocodile whisperer.....Nooo, of course not!  Even within the absurdity of the film, " Crocodile Dundee ", the producers wisely said to themselves, "O.k., let's let him soothe a mean water buffalo, but let's make him Battle Crocodiles."  Because ya try to emphathize and soothe a croc and you get your face ripped off, each and every time.  And thus, there's NO place for crocodiles on this earth, because they're the embodiment of evil and the sooner we hunt them to extinction, the better...  Now onto Tim Tebow: I don't HATE Tim Tebow .  Tebow's like why monkees and chimpanzees (all and any apes), didn't make the HATE list...and should NOT.  In fact, I pretty much feel the same way about Tim Tebow as I DO any dirty, rotten monkee ...  No Hate really, but honestly for the team I follow-New England and Tim Tebow, Imho (and just like monkees)-It's ALREADY a little too close for my comfort zone : Whether it be Bill Belichick's close friendship with U-Florida's Urban Meyer, OR Bill Belichick's speaking out positively about Tebow, OR Tim Tebow's pathetic QB skills as they translate to the Pro-game, AND/OR ALL this viewed in light of the fact that this New England team has far, far too many needs as is (2 OLBs, 1-2 DEs, 1-2 RBs, 1-2 WRs, 1-2 O-Lineman/OT/OC-OG, 1 TE, 1 CB, and 1 Punt...ridiculous)-AND We NEED to address those, what-Anywhere from 8 or 9 upwards to an unbelievable (and ideal) 12 or 13 positional issues and therefore "Nail" the great majority of ALL our draft selections-AND Tim Tebow at QB, Simply CANNOT fit in considering Tim Tebow would HAVE to be secured with New Englands 2nd Rd Draft Selection (And NO , not Tebow at a position he's never played before, like tall and slow rb or massively undersized te with poor ball-skills; And NO Tebow will NOT be around to select with NE's also very much needed late 4th rder...sorry).  Overall, that's why I feel towards Tim Tebow the way I feel towards Monkees...just a tad too close for my liking.  Stup!d Charles Darwin and evolutionary theory killing any hope I have at escaping this earthly plane with everlasting peace of soul in eternity...  And stup!d Tim Tebow and him maybe killing my hopes of securing a very good player at a much needed position to better my piece of mind within my souless earthly eternity principle (i.e. my love for the patriots)...       But see, just like Any and Every monkee, ape, or chimp, I Do NOT hate Tebow, but I just feel "my team" (New England or Planet Earth) would be better off overall without him (And those utterly filthy chimps).  Also, what makes it somewhat intriguing, Is how Tebow is somewhat of a Jesus-freak, so he probably doesn't believe in cr#zy ole' evolution, or why we have vestigial organs and monkees able to pilot space capsules, MORE than he believes that the earth is only 6000 years old, and that God made it in 7 days, and that Noah lived for 400 years...  So I'm not sayin' I hate the guy, just that he makes the world a worse place to live in overall; And that IF  we drafted him with a 2nd rder, I'd burn a gasoline soaked post that reads:  " Tebow The Anti-QB ", outside of his house and tell him that I was going to run for Town Mayor so I could start a hate campaign against him while monopolizing each and every other house in his neighborhood and turning them all into sewage plants and noisy lumber mills...than I'd kick his pooch before going postal on a buncha innocent civilians. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Crocodiles are like wolves in that they thin the herd and keep the rest of nature in good working order.  They  prevent the weak from reproducing, they remove carcasses from the environment to stop the spread of disease and they ensure that gazelle, water buffalo, etc., do not overrun their ecosystem.  I do not hate crocodiles, but I advocate for leaving them well alone and giving them a wide berth.  

Tim Tebow likely believes that the crocodiles were created along with the rest of the universe some thousands of years ago, and I doubt he believes that the croc has been around since the days of the dinousaurs since he probably doesn't believe in dinosaurs.  It's all a conspiracy, just like Jurassic Carl used to believe.

Just based on the religious aspects of Tebow I would stay far, far away.  Does the world really need a football player proselytizing and alientating fans who don't care what he believes and who can't stand when someone such as an athlete uses his fame as a soapbox to preach to great unwashed? 

At least crocs do something useful... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I go out of my way to diss Wonderlic Tebow and almost nobody else.  He's probably a nice enough guy, but as an NFL football player he's below average among quarterbacks in intelligence as measured at the combine, he's of average height, and his mechanics are crummy.  None of this has anything to do with Brady.

Sections
Shortcuts