Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady

In Response to Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady:
    Wow!  People really get razzed-up over this subject.  "Hate" may have been a bit of a harsh term, to explain Pats fans feelings towards Tebow.  I see most people are just worried about "wasting" an early pick.  Unfortunately, he's NOT going to make it past the 2nd round. Truthfully, I'm not that much of a Tebow fan.  I just recognize the combination of a great attitude and athletic ability, that could POSSIBLY make him a special NFL quarterback in a few years.  Obviously he's not the prototypical QB, but his skillset is becoming more evident in the NFL.  Do you think it was a coincidence that the Patriots fielded 2 ex-QB's at reciever last year?  NFL QB's will become more athletic every year.  The more they are protected, the more coaches will want to take advantage. Tebow has always shown leadership on the field, and off the field as well.  He had an outstanding run at Florida.  Mind you, the entire team was fantastic.  I just see a Peyton Manning attitude here, not a Ryan Leaf dunce.  If he had the right throwing motion, this thread would be quite different.  He's working on that. I guess we'll see what happens.
    Posted by jmmyslinski

Good post!....Hit the nail on the head. Can't teach character,you can tweak a throwing motion. If we can get this kid on the cheap & let him sponge off of Brady it'll protect us from what if's.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady:
    The reason Patriot fans hate hearing about Tim Tebow, is because drafting him would mean the book on Brady is past the halfway mark.  Brady's contract ends next year.  So it would make sense for New England to draft a QB, for emergency purposes, and leverage in negotiating a new deal. Nobody in New England is ready to replace Brady, but this is a business, no matter how much we hate it.  It is certain that Brady will remain a Patriot.  he is likely reaching his prime right now.  So why not bring in Tebow, use him how we can.  The guy will do whatever it takes to win.  I bet if you asked him to punt, he'd practice his A SS off, until he could kick 50 yard punts.  In 3 years he'd be ready to start at QB. I just don't see the downside.
    Posted by jmmyslinski

If you don't sse the downside try taking your head out of where it is and look around.

1  He's not going to sign for anything less than a huge contract so maybe you can explain why the Pats should spend all that cap space for someone to sit on the bench for 3 or 4 years.

2 He has a huge ego so what makes you think he'd want to sit on a bench. Chances are he'd hold out for a year to try to get to a team where he'd start immediately and we would have wasted the pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady:
    I said humor..I meant sarcasm.
    Posted by 3SB-rings

OK, I get it...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

The Pats already have their eventual replacement at QB for Tom Brady and his name is Brian Hoyer. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

"I mean honestly, Is there ANY reason for a crocodile to exist?  All they know how to do is maul, tear, chomp, and eat."

Laz
    The crocodile is the last of the dinosaurs. Just be glad T-Rex and raptors aren't lurking in your backyard.

Oh yeah, and we don't need Tebow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Patriot fans hate Tebow, because they love Brady:
    The reason Patriot fans hate hearing about Tim Tebow, is because drafting him would mean the book on Brady is past the halfway mark.  Brady's contract ends next year.  So it would make sense for New England to draft a QB, for emergency purposes, and leverage in negotiating a new deal. Nobody in New England is ready to replace Brady, but this is a business, no matter how much we hate it.  It is certain that Brady will remain a Patriot.  he is likely reaching his prime right now.  So why not bring in Tebow, use him how we can.  The guy will do whatever it takes to win.  I bet if you asked him to punt, he'd practice his A SS off, until he could kick 50 yard punts.  In 3 years he'd be ready to start at QB. I just don't see the downside.
    Posted by jmmyslinski

Or, we could just be unimpressed with him, like virtually every NFL team out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Laz
    The crocodile is the last of the dinosaurs. Just be glad T-Rex and raptors aren't lurking in your backyard."

digger and ALL:

See digger...I know this'll open me up to a full-bore of Leon-esque metaphors about being surrounded by animals, BUT I really do have some innate and decently cultivated sense of animal empathy.  Meaning:  I can and do sense "unto" an animal's feelings=From cats, to dogs, he!! in college I had a beta-fish that would swim over to wherever I was in the room and watch me, I had a buddy who had 2 finches in grade school who would fly around when let out and I was the only person he had ever seen or known that they'd not just land on my hand, but allow me to pet them too (any time I went over)...-  Seriously, I can soothe most any dog I meet, and make nearly any cat just roll over and purr, Simply by sensing where they are emotionally, feeling-wise, and just what sort of experience they've brought to bear...

KNOW that sounds gay-as sh#t, but sorry...I ain't (a person's intelligence, empathy, and overall clinical insanity should NOT be confused with effeminacy).  I mean, would or does this incredible sensitivity to animals-stop me from eating meat or something?  Whadd'ya kidding, I smoke montecristos and eat red meat blood rare, he!!-I'd eat my Bengal cat if the supermarket closed early enough, seriously sheez, a person's gotta survive, right?  And does, some form of animal "empathy" mean that I know when Pooches is hinking of the color red, or wants to go to the pet supermarket for a oversized bacon flavoured milkbone?  Don't be absurd...a person says that cr#p, and yea=nutc#se.

But see that's my point on animals empathy (and Tim Tebow)...Just like crocodiles, I get and feel nothin' outta Tebow.  Great..."Leadership", trully...wow.  Ross Perot was a leader, maybe he can make the team.  I just feel that Tebow, like your standard wild alligator, IS untrainable.  I'm not saying 'Totally'...just that Tebow appears to have the higher brain functions of a croc, and like a croc, Tebow's simply too far along, and already too pre-developed in his base actions as a QB, in his experience, actions and traits, to take the neccessary time to fix his, what?...shotgun snaps, pocket prescence, accuracy, basic reads, slow wind-up and bad release, and deep ball skills.  Yea, lmao...that's a real short list.

AND so, Here's my point on crocodiles and alligators:  I get nuthin' at all from them, I FEEL nothin' from them, and I don't wanna take the time OR especially spend the needed-resources-elsewhere, TO simply attempt to try to train a brain-dead reptile that's already too far gone in his bad-awful base traits and experiences, simply because that id#ot reptile was the leader of its herd... And the same goes for things other than Tim Tebow as well, like crocs and Gators (hey, I just got that...ya know, "gators").  Hmmm, go figure...oh well, I'm insane.  And ye, And thus to surmise:  New England should NOT draft Tim Tebow, because there's NO talking down and potentially soothing from chomping your head of, a Velociraptor.  There's no "reptile-whisperers", and therefore quite obviously-Tim Tebow is a bad QB...  See everyone, that's a clear-cut analogy which makes perfect overall sense, right?  Good...       

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Patriots fans "hate" on Tebow because he s*cks as a QB.  His arm is limited and his mechanics stink.  He's not athletic enough like Vick and Vince Young in order to evade hits.  His passing numbers are painfully mediocre and his throwing motion will make him very susceptible to strip sacks and blocked passes.

He's a great character guy and a proven winner, but his fundamentals as a pure QB in the NFL are SO bad that they warrant questioning.

Sections
Shortcuts