Patriot Hating Media Jerks at it Again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Add the Providence Journal's Bill Reynolds to the list of ESPN-like media jerks, who are trying to use the Hernandez situation as a meat clever to hack away at the area's most successful sports franchise, the New England Patriots. The media did damage, but failed to destroy BB and the Pats with the trumped up Spygate matter. Now, there's a effort to do it again, via Hernandez. Here is the text of the Reynold's muck-raking article...with my commentary interspersed therein, in bold black. You be the judge:   

BILL REYNOLDS: PATRIOTS CAN'T SEVER LINK TO HERNANDEZ

Right now Aaron Hernandez is the Patriots' brand, like it or not. At least when it comes to popular perception. (RESPONSE: Says you. Polls amongst Patriot fans strongly disagree. Furthermore, based on what I've read here from fans of other teams, and at other media web cites discussing Hernandez, this is overwhelmingly not the case. Fans see this as it is...an act by a player that no one one saw coming, and that had nothing to do with the team, or it's "brand". The truth of the matter is that this is the opinion and the agenda of the NY media, that hates BB and the Patriots...as it continues in it's endeavor to tarnish and destroy the accomplishments of this great franchise). 

It has become as big a sports story as there is in country, this amazing tale of Aaron Hernandez, now in jail on a murder charge, one of the biggest stories in the long history of New England sports.

RESPONSE: True.

This story of murder, a high-profile professional athlete with a checkered past, guns, drugs and the NFL, all coming together in the American intersection of celebrity and the 24-hour news cycle.

RESPONSE: True.

And you know what?

It’s not going away, no matter how much the Patriots want it to.

RESPONSE: True...but, so what?

And there’s no question they want it to, no question that they are now unofficially in damage-control mode. The Hernandez jersey buy-back deal was the first sign. Monday’s public admission by Robert Kraft that he “was duped” by Hernandez was another.

RESPONSE: The first sign?? What about the immediate release of AH, once he was arrested? Don't you agree that that, along with the things you mentioned above, were the right things to do...as well as being wise PR moves, on the part of the Patriots? In fact, the media has begrudgingly credited the franchise for these actions. Theses things have in fact served to distance the Patriots from AH. But, that's not what the media wants. They are looking for a hook to blame the Patriots for the actions of AH.     

They were both attempts at public relations, of course, attempts to stop the damage.

RESPONSE: No...they were the right things to do...and the Pats got good PR for them...which the media does not want to see.

Whether are they are too little, too late, is another matter.

RESPONSE: Too little, too late? What else could they do?The media wishes to push the agenda that the Pats were at fault for drafting AH, and for not keeping seveillance on him...as if NFL teams are now being charged with watching their players, 24/7.  

Then again, it’s become obvious that the Patriots have never been through anything like this before.

RESPONSE: No one else has, either. How else could the Patriots have reacted?

It took Kraft too long to publicly comment on it. Bill Belichick has yet to comment on it.

RESPONSE: Too long? Who knows all the facts? I saw nothing wrong with what Kraft said, or the timing of his statement. The media and Patriot haters are trying to make an issue out of Kraft saying that he was "duped" by AH. Anyone who knows Kraft will likely tell you that he is generally a fair, benevolent kind of guy...who won great praise from the NFLPA for his leadership and fair-handed ways in successfully concluding the latest NFL players' strike. Obviously, Kraft WAS duped by AH. Why else would he have signed off on that big money contract extension? Yet...instead of holding onto AH in hopes of recouping his money, Kraft chose to write it off as a loss...and do the right thing by immediately terminating AH.

For an organization that’s always taken so much pride on controlling both the conversation and the message, they are walking on new terrain here.

RESPONSE: And oh...how you media jerks hate it! And you hate the fact that the Pats' have made all the right moves thus far in dealing with the situation...from both a righteous and PR standpoint.

It is what it is?

RESPONSE: Yes, the Hernandez matter it is what it is...an unforseen act by an indivual, who happened to be a star player with the Patriots.   

What it is is the biggest scandal in Patriot history.

RESPONSE: LOL!!! How is this a "scandal" for the Patriots? They had nothing to do with the actions of this individual, Aaron Hernandez. I have seen no evidence that the Patriots were involved in any way regarding these murders. Again...the media is attempting to push an agenda on the sports public, to damage or destroy the Patriots. 

Training camp is only a couple of weeks away and rest assured that Hernandez is always going to be the elephant in the locker room, the one everyone’s trying not to look at. And for an organization — and a coach — that’s always prided itself on circling the wagons, an organization that’s always considered distractions just one more opponent, this is different.

RESPONSE: You wish. Keep it up. You media idiots are going to inspire the 2013 edition of the Patriots to greater heights.

This will be Hernandez always in the news.

RESPONSE: True. It's quite a story.

This will be Hernandez in the center of what is still an active murder case.

RESPONSE: True...Hernandez will be at the center of it all...but not the Patriots...unless you media morons manage to successfully push your agenda.

This will be stories about Hernandez every step of the way until his case is resolved, stories that will be on the front page. Not the sports page. The front page.

RESPONSE: True...but how will that negatively effect the 2013 Patriots?

The Patriots’ brand?

Right now Aaron Hernandez is the Patriots’ brand, like it or not. At least when to comes to popular perception.

RESPONSE: This is a flat out lie...as I have previously stated, above. But, the media will strive to convince the sports public of this.

And this is not some run-of-the-mill drug story, the kind that has almost become a cliché in the NFL. This is a man dead. This is murder. And this is a Patriots star in jail.

RESPONSE: Correction...former Patriots' star in jail.

This is as ugly as it gets. And for a franchise that’s always been so concerned with its image, the so-called “Patriot Way,” this is the worst-possible black eye.

RESPONSE: Again...says who? But keep trying, you media jerks!

Rest assured the Hernandez story will follow the Patriots around all year like some afternoon, something they will never be able to shake, even if Belichick will avoid mentioning it and the players will quickly come to realize it is off-limits. Rest assured, the wagons will close.

RESPONSE: You wish. The Hernandez story will be around all year...but it's not going to "follow he team around all year", and be a big negative. If anything, it's going to be a rallying device, which will serve to bring the team together.   

But the Patriots can try to ignore it all they want. The players can hide in the locker room and refuse to talk about anyone not in the room, which might just be the new code to say that Hernandez is off-limits. The Patriots can act as though Aaron Hernandez is like someone in some old Eastern European country, someone who simply disappeared, now a non-person.

RESPONSE: I don't see how the Patriots have "tried to ignore it". On the contrary, the team has met it head on...and done all the right things, thus far...both righteously, and PR wise. And now, according to Reynolds, BB and Bob Kraft are Eastern European dictators?? LOL!!! We can only wish that folks running those "Eastern European countries" which you speak of, would act in a similar righteous manner, as the Pats' management has, when making their worldly decisions. Doesn't this referral to the Pats as member of the Eastern bloc tell you all you need to know about the anti-Patriots/BB media bias?  

No matter.

The story won’t go away.

RESPONSE: Of course it won't. No one expects it too. But, no matter how hard you media jerks try, you can't tie the murders by Hernandez to the Patriots.

Because the Patriots can try to ignore it all they want. They can say they are going to talk only about football, and that Hernandez is no longer a Patriot, and they talk only about guys on the roster. They can try to ignore it all they want, and Belichick can say it is what it is, and they all can hope it goes away.

RESPONSE: Again...the Pats haven't "ignored it", but met it head on.

But it’s not going to go away.

No how, no way.

Elephants in the middle of the room never do.

RESPONSE: Keep hoping...Reynolds and you other media jerks! LOL!! 

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130710-bill-reynolds-patriots-cant-sever-link-to-hernandez.ece

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Patriot Hating Media Jerks at it Again!

They very well could be attempting to bring down the pats. The thing I dont get is why people act like their is an agenda vs us. Sure they report about the pats more but thats because of the success of the program and their penchant for being able to turn players. so of course the wolves are gonna come out when they see the oppty to pounce once someone gets  in trouble. I mean I recognize it, but I dont get why people harp on it. It comes with the territory. Are you saying you would rather be like the browns and have noone care??  I dont think thats what we want. We were all bragadocious im sure when we were on top and now we have a period of darkness that will surely pass. Get through it, but please lets not act all surprised and why me? about it. Its foolish

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

When the same paper runs an article about how well the Pats performed in an game, are they the Patriot Loving Media?

It's news. 

I don't know where some of you Pats fans got your victim mentalities.  Why would the ProJo hate the Pats?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

The surest way for the team to deal with the media bias is to prove it on the field and being the good guys.  A better than 12 win season and a deep run into the playoffs will get the media grudgingly acknowleging the franchise for its excellence and commitment to decency and second chance opportunities until the idiots who are granted the second chances blow it like Hernandez and now, possibly Dennard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

They very well could be attempting to bring down the pats. The thing I dont get is why people act like their is an agenda vs us. Sure they report about the pats more but thats because of the success of the program and their penchant for being able to turn players. so of course the wolves are gonna come out when they see the oppty to pounce once someone gets  in trouble. I mean I recognize it, but I dont get why people harp on it.

RESPONSE: It all stems from spygate...the media created "scandal"...which was a direct attempt by the NY media to destroy BB and the Pats.  

It comes with the territory. Are you saying you would rather be like the browns and have noone care??

RESPONSE: You're missing the point. The media hates BB and the Patriots. It doesn't like the way BB gives them nothing, and blows them off. It also resents the Pats because they love the Jets...and are unhappy over the Patriots' domination of their lovables.

I dont think thats what we want. We were all bragadocious im sure when we were on top and now we have a period of darkness that will surely pass. Get through it, but please lets not act all surprised and why me? about it. Its foolish

RESPONSE: Not surprised...but I'm tired of the lies and media hatchet jobs being perpetrated against this great franchise...and my favorite team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Yeah, I know. Why wold any journalist write about something that the entire country has been watching...and why would a columnist have an opinion about it? Especially if it some how criticizes the Pats?!?!?

Fire Reynolds! Fire Ashley Fox! Fire Eric Wilbur! Fire anyone who doesnt think the PAts are above question!

Fire MtHurl for not liking the free agency signings! Fire Wozzy for wanting better Dline play!

Fire me for aligning with these anti BB agenda trolls!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

When the same paper runs an article about how well the Pats performed in an game, are they the Patriot Loving Media?

It's news. 

RESPONSE: No...it's an opinion...and a wrong, malicious one. 

I don't know where some of you Pats fans got your victim mentalities.  Why would the ProJo hate the Pats?

RESPONSE: Who said the Journal hates the Pats? But, there's certainly a media bias against BB, and the team...dating back to the bs known as spygate. I will not let garbage like this Reynolds article go unanswered.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Yeah, I know. Why wold any journalist write about something that the entire country has been watching...and why would a columnist have an opinion about it? Especially if it some how criticizes the Pats?!?!?

Fire Reynolds! Fire Ashley Fox! Fire Eric Wilbur! Fire anyone who doesnt think the PAts are above question!

Fire MtHurl for not liking the free agency signings! Fire Wozzy for wanting better Dline play!

RESPONSE: So...are you saying that you agree with Reynolds?? Yes, or no?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: Who said the Journal hates the Pats? But, there's certainly a media bias against BB, and the team...dating back to the bs known as spygate. I will not let garbage like this Reynolds article go unanswered.

"Add the Providence Journal's Bill Reynolds to the list of ESPN-like media jerks"

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

this is what I think;

I wanted Kraft or BB to say something to save face, as I thought, and still do that they knew a lot more about Hern than they say they do or did.

After a few days, I was told and understood that legal issues are definately in the works, and the Pats had to tread carefully.

IMO, that still does not excuse the PAts from saying more than they have. The Hernandez situation puts a a very big stain on the Patriots' very lucrative brand, which I know Kraft, his entire family and all fans in general care deeply about. He has stated he has been duped (believe or not, its up to each individual). He has spoken to the fact that a young man has lost his life. I think he truly has genuine remorse of the situation. I believe the Pats need to do more.  Let's see what results from it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

RESPONSE: It all stems from spygate...the media created "scandal"...which was a direct attempt by the NY media to destroy BB and the Pats.  

How many other of Rusty's conspiracy theories do you ascribe to?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure but Reynolds Wrap just called...their shipment of tin foil is in. PLENTY of conspiracy hats to go around with this bunch

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This part of the article is all I needed to read that would prove this is a total hack job trying to be passed as an real article....

"Right now Aaron Hernandez is the Patriots' brand, like it or not. At least when it comes to popular perception."

What in the hell is he writing about.  I have yet talked to a person or read anywhere else that would even slightly support that comment.

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

TP I hope you have forwarded your comments to this media jerk.  Thanks for posting, I would never have found as I never read that paper.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

TP I hope you have forwarded your comments to this media jerk.  Thanks for posting, I would never have found as I never read that paper.

Just curious but why would you have any interest in finding and reading an article just so you can call the author a jerk?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

This part of the article is all I needed to read that would prove this is a total hack job trying to be passed as an real article....

"Right now Aaron Hernandez is the Patriots' brand, like it or not. At least when it comes to popular perception."

What in the hell is he writing about.  I have yet talked to a person or read anywhere else that would even slightly support that comment.

Out of the area, try wearing some Pats gear and see what people say.  You know what I hear while in Florida?  All Hernandez, all the time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Out of the area, try wearing some Pats gear and see what people say.  You know what I hear while in Florida?  All Hernandez, all the time.

[/QUOTE]

I am in 49'er and Raider land but all I hear about is what an idiot and bad guy Hernandez is.  Not much negative towards the Patriots, which is surprising considering the fan base here.  Certainly nobody is making any comments to where Hernandez is considered the Patriots brand.  Ridiculous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is it a conspiracy? It's called using an approach to make money or a business model. See, if you attended college you'd know this stuff.

The mediaa coverage or PROTECTION of the first DUI for the Denver Broncos Executive just supports my premise even more.

They get a SECOND DUI with the guy who works alongside the first exec and actually driving into the cop car itself (!) which could be seen as assault, and look at how the coverage is between the two situations..

I win.

Again.

It's not a conspiracy. Journalism and reporting has changed with social media, cable tv and the internet, and many times we don't get facts or truths, as the medi manipulates the coverage.

THese are facts. It's actually embarrassing for adults like you not to even know this at this point. lmao

Eric Davis was on NFLN with an uncomfortable look on his face basically calling out the media's lack of coverage of Denver's two DUI situations (FACTUAL AND CONFIRMED plus .05 situatuons in Colorado) and how Dennerd's coverage with suspicision is completely different, making the media currently disingenuous within the coverage.

These reporters I am sure give cash to someone on local police staffs to get daily/nightly updates on any famous people who are arrested.

So, you can't tell me the media in Denver didn't know of the first DUI a month ago. If anything, they ignored it to protect the Broncos.

The second one was to juicy for some reporter in Denver, so he/she broke that story and the previous one and probably paid a little sum to whoever leaked it on the police force.

It's amazing how naive, ignorant and gullible you are for a 61 year old adult.  You're 3/4 of your way through your life and aren't intelligent whatsoever. lol

[/QUOTE]

I know you are a speak from both sides of your mouth two faced weasel, but why is it ok for the Pats to have no knowledge and the media to have no knowledge of the Hern situation, but you expect the Broncos and the Denver media to know about a Denver Bronco executive? 

Maybe Denver was "duped"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's because Florida sports suck.  Misery loves company.  

I live in VA and the only people that give me a hard time are my friends but they're just being dinks.  I wear my Pats cap everywhere and haven't gotten much except for the "how do you think the Pats are going to do with welker and hern gone?  what a moron that guy is. etc. etc."  I guess it's different across the sports landscape.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

this is what I think;

I wanted Kraft or BB to say something to save face, as I thought, and still do that they knew a lot more about Hern than they say they do or did.

After a few days, I was told and understood that legal issues are definately in the works, and the Pats had to tread carefully.

IMO, that still does not excuse the PAts from saying more than they have. The Hernandez situation puts a a very big stain on the Patriots' very lucrative brand, which I know Kraft, his entire family and all fans in general care deeply about. He has stated he has been duped (believe or not, its up to each individual). He has spoken to the fact that a young man has lost his life. I think he truly has genuine remorse of the situation. I believe the Pats need to do more.  Let's see what results from it.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly what more do you think/want/expect them to know? He was a pot head, typically pot heads don't kill people.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Geez a guy who as a young adult was encourage to act like a fool along if you can win on Saturday. This is a much darker spot on Urban Meyers and UF than it could ever be on the Pats. You become an adult in college and Meyers failed Hernendaz and Lloyd.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Just curious but why would you have any interest in finding and reading an article just so you can call the author a jerk?

RESPONSE: Duh...maybe it's because I'm a Patriots fan, trying to defend the team? Maybe it's because I'm tired of all the negative media being heaped on this team...primarily because these media jerks don't like BB. Clear enough?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I've spoken to many non-Pats fans here, and not one has said anything negative about the Pats re Hernandez. The thing everyone wonders about is how the heck could he be so stupid playing for a great team making great money and with a kid and throwing it all away. That's the real story. 

There is absolutely an anti-Patriot, anti-Boston contingent of the media, principally centered in Manhattan and points thereabouts. They'll use this (and now Dennard) to try and tar BB and Kraft, because it gives them something to write about in a very slow time of the football year. And the Patriots are the evil empire, will be as long as BB is there and they keep winning.  If they were 4-12, nobody would care enough.

In the end, it won't matter. BB will not let it affect the team. It will be like Spygate, no affect whatsoever. If anything, he'll find a way to use it to galvanize the team. Bring back the f' em mentality.

This thing will die down once he's formally charged and a trial date is set. It won't come up again for a year after that, except here and there with some new revelation. It is unfortunate, but it will pass.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How is it a conspiracy? It's called using an approach to make money or a business model. See, if you attended college you'd know this stuff.

The mediaa coverage or PROTECTION of the first DUI for the Denver Broncos Executive just supports my premise even more.

They get a SECOND DUI with the guy who works alongside the first exec and actually driving into the cop car itself (!) which could be seen as assault, and look at how the coverage is between the two situations..

I win.

Again.

It's not a conspiracy. Journalism and reporting has changed with social media, cable tv and the internet, and many times we don't get facts or truths, as the medi manipulates the coverage.

THese are facts. It's actually embarrassing for adults like you not to even know this at this point. lmao

Eric Davis was on NFLN with an uncomfortable look on his face basically calling out the media's lack of coverage of Denver's two DUI situations (FACTUAL AND CONFIRMED plus .05 situatuons in Colorado) and how Dennerd's coverage with suspicision is completely different, making the media currently disingenuous within the coverage.

These reporters I am sure give cash to someone on local police staffs to get daily/nightly updates on any famous people who are arrested.

So, you can't tell me the media in Denver didn't know of the first DUI a month ago. If anything, they ignored it to protect the Broncos.

The second one was to juicy for some reporter in Denver, so he/she broke that story and the previous one and probably paid a little sum to whoever leaked it on the police force.

It's amazing how naive, ignorant and gullible you are for a 61 year old adult.  You're 3/4 of your way through your life and aren't intelligent whatsoever. lol

[/QUOTE]

I know you are a speak from both sides of your mouth two faced weasel, but why is it ok for the Pats to have no knowledge and the media to have no knowledge of the Hern situation, but you expect the Broncos and the Denver media to know about a Denver Bronco executive? 

Maybe Denver was "duped"

[/QUOTE]

According to your premise, denver should have known their two front office employees might get DUIs within one month of another.

[/QUOTE]

THats not my premise. Your comments have been how could the Pats have known? If Hern was doing anything suspicious, why didn't the media know? 

Why don't youusethatlogicin the Denver situation?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I win.

Again.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Denver was "duped"

[/QUOTE]

According to your premise, denver should have known their two front office employees might get DUIs within one month of another.

[/QUOTE]

THats not my premise. Your comments have been how could the Pats have known? If Hern was doing anything suspicious, why didn't the media know? 

Why don't youusethatlogicin the Denver situation?

[/QUOTE]

Umm maybe because hern was never arrested and charged with any previous incidents and the drunken denver gm was?  Are you this stupid?

[/QUOTE]

Bwahahahahahaha! Yes, Hern has been a model citizen. My god are you a dope! 5 suspected (known gun incidents), countless fights, countless drug tests failed, owning a second home that turns out to be a drug dealer den. Spousal abuse. Gang affiliation. 

Sections
Shortcuts