Patriot Hating Media Jerks at it Again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Patriot Hating Media Jerks at it Again!

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

The surest way for the team to deal with the media bias is to prove it on the field and being the good guys.  A better than 12 win season and a deep run into the playoffs will get the media grudgingly acknowleging the franchise for its excellence and commitment to decency and second chance opportunities until the idiots who are granted the second chances blow it like Hernandez and now, possibly Dennard.

And yet, if this happened to the lousy bumbling freak show Jets, there would be a laugh a minute here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

And yet, if this happened to the lousy bumbling freak show Jets, there would be a laugh a minute here.

RESPONSE: Completely disagree. Murder is not a butt-fumble. It's no laughing matter...no matter who the player is...or what team he plays for. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: Completely disagree. Murder is not a butt-fumble. It's no laughing matter...no matter who the player is...or what team he plays for. 

It sounds like we won't agree then. Wasn't there fun poked of Cromartie for being such a lousy polygamous dad? Although not as severe, that was no laughing matter either. Ditto Plaxico. And do you really think a 20 yr old from a bad background duped a savvy 70 yr old billionaire? Rather, it sounds like they took a calculated risk and lost; ditto Dennard, Law, Haynes, and Stallworth. The Patriot way is a joke, and let's not make light of Spygate either, although a different and lesser category; but indicative of the culture. If the situation was reversed, this would have been supreme fodder for the thread 'The Jets .. a bunch of laughs'

Of course, Denver, while less serious, on some level has even worse issues, because that was blatant, among older guys high up in the organization that should have known better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

It sounds like we won't agree then. Wasn't there fun poked of Cromartie for being such a lousy polygamous dad?

RESPONSE: Are you seriously trying to equate that with murder?? LOL!!!

Although not as severe, that was no laughing matter either.

RESPONSE: Oh please! LOL!!!

Ditto Plaxico.

RESPONSE: That idiot shot himself in the leg!! LOL!!!

And do you really think a 20 yr old from a bad background duped a savvy 70 yr old billionaire?

RESPONSE: And do you really think that a "savvy old billionaire" would hand over a $40mil dollar deal to a man that he had reason to believe was a thug??

Rather, it sounds like they took a calculated risk and lost; ditto Dennard, Law, Haynes, and Stallworth.

RESPONSE: Again, would a savvy billionaire take such a risk? Obviously, Kraft thought that AH turned the corner, and straightened up. Don't you remember that after AH got his $40 million dollar deal, that he teary eyed thanked Kraft, and contributed $50,000 to the Myra Kraft charity?

NO ONE SAW THIS COMING!! NO ONE CRITICIZED THE PATS FOR SIGNING AH LONG TERM. NO ONE!!!     

The Patriot way is a joke, and let's not make light of Spygate either, although a difn ill advised bar fightferent and lesser category; but indicative of the culture. If the situation was reversed, this would have been supreme fodder for the thread 'The Jets .. a bunch of laughs'

RESPONSE: The only joke here is you, sir.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well, hating on the Jacksonville Jaguars or KC Chiefs doesn't get web hits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

It sounds like we won't agree then. Wasn't there fun poked of Cromartie for being such a lousy polygamous dad?

RESPONSE: Are you seriously trying to equate that with murder?? LOL!!!

Although not as severe, that was no laughing matter either.

RESPONSE: Oh please! LOL!!!

Ditto Plaxico.

RESPONSE: That idiot shot himself in the leg!! LOL!!!

And do you really think a 20 yr old from a bad background duped a savvy 70 yr old billionaire?

RESPONSE: And do you really think that a "savvy old billionaire" would hand over a $40mil dollar deal to a man that he had reason to believe was a thug??

Rather, it sounds like they took a calculated risk and lost; ditto Dennard, Law, Haynes, and Stallworth.

RESPONSE: Again, would a savvy billionaire take such a risk? Obviously, Kraft thought that AH turned the corner, and straightened up. Don't you remember that after AH got his $40 million dollar deal, that he teary eyed thanked Kraft, and contributed $50,000 to the Myra Kraft charity?

NO ONE SAW THIS COMING!! NO ONE CRITICIZED THE PATS FOR SIGNING AH LONG TERM. NO ONE!!!     

The Patriot way is a joke, and let's not make light of Spygate either, although a difn ill advised bar fightferent and lesser category; but indicative of the culture. If the situation was reversed, this would have been supreme fodder for the thread 'The Jets .. a bunch of laughs'

RESPONSE: The only joke here is you, sir.

Usually, you have excellent football analyses; but in this case, me thinks you protest too much, and making it personal enhances the notion; even your basic cut/paste skills are currently, lacking, which is consistent with how upset you've been from this thread's get-go. Get over it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

RESPONSE: Who said the Journal hates the Pats? But, there's certainly a media bias against BB, and the team...dating back to the bs known as spygate. I will not let garbage like this Reynolds article go unanswered.

"Add the Providence Journal's Bill Reynolds to the list of ESPN-like media jerks"

That was easy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

TP I hope you have forwarded your comments to this media jerk.  Thanks for posting, I would never have found as I never read that paper.

It was the same premise Ashley Fox of ESPN used. I knew it was coming. In fact, they all released their columns pretty much on the same day. I just was waiting for which outlet would do it first.

The classier outlets didn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, because you know, it's kind of a preposterous premise.

All it takes is one person to introduce a premise in the media and then if it gets hits on a blog, they run back to their computers and write an entire article. Or, and this may not be true, but i know for a fact ESPN coaches their on air people, they COACH their "journalists" to create that kind of a premise and to post the article.

I can't wait for the day somene sues over defamation or slander because a journalist got cute with a word choice or a sentence. I think that will help fend off this crap in the future.

It's gotten completely out of hand even just in the last 5 years.

u think everything has gotten "out of hand" in the last 5 years...OLD MAN

generation x is turning gray...doo dah doo dah

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This victim mentality is pretty sad.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

RESPONSE: Who said the Journal hates the Pats? But, there's certainly a media bias against BB, and the team...dating back to the bs known as spygate. I will not let garbage like this Reynolds article go unanswered.

"Add the Providence Journal's Bill Reynolds to the list of ESPN-like media jerks"

That was easy.

RESPONSE: Obviously, you two idiots need to invest in a reading comprehension course.

Let me help you two Einsteins out...Add the Providence Journal's Bill Reynolds..." clearly indicates that Reynolds is cited as being the media jerk...not the Providence Journal, the newspaper for whom he works. 

Got it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

RESPONSE: Obviously, you two idiots need to invest in a reading comprehension course.

Let me help you two Einsteins out...Add the Providence Journal's Bill Reynolds..." clearly indicates that Reynolds is cited as being the media jerk...not the Providence Journal, the newspaper for whom he works. 

Got it?

Pretty contradictory.  You label him ESPN-like.  So, when it's on ESPN, it's the entire organization, but when it's in the ProJo, it's the individual.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's amazing how naive, ignorant and gullible you are for a 61 year old adult.  You're 3/4 of your way through your life and aren't intelligent whatsoever. lol

If they chopped out half my brain I would still be more intelligent than you dumbkoff. After all, you are the VI. You are the least intelligent person on this board. Nearly your every word proves that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

These reporters I am sure give cash to someone on local police staffs to get daily/nightly updates on any famous people who are arrested.

So, you can't tell me the media in Denver didn't know of the first DUI a month ago. If anything, they ignored it to protect the Broncos.

Did your therapist allow you a "make things up day" this week dumbkoff?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

That was easy.

Got it?

LOL - parse, deflect, deny.  Texas Pat, ladies and gentlemen.  TP, you'd be perfect in politics. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The Patriot way is a joke, and let's not make light of Spygate either, although a different and lesser category; but indicative of the culture.

I think it is clear that the Pats have tried earnestly to avoid unrepentant thugs. Yet, in recent years that standard has been crumbling a bit because of BB's poor drafting. Because of so many misses on draft day he has absolutely become desperate to field a team that Brady can bring to a SB win before Brady retires.

I also believe it is evident that a real GM should be brought in and BB should just be HC. I have to believe a real GM would have nixed the spygate behavior at least when the memo came out. And a new guy might have avoided the poor drafting and thus avoided the desperate accumulation of bargain basement bad boys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Got it?

Pretty contradictory.  You label him ESPN-like.  So, when it's on ESPN, it's the entire organization, but when it's in the ProJo, it's the individual. 

RESPONSE: Yeah...Plan "A" didn't work...so let's try Plan "B"...LOL!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

That was easy.

Got it?

LOL - parse, deflect, deny.  Texas Pat, ladies and gentlemen.  TP, you'd be perfect in politics. 

RESPONSE: Quite the compliment, coming from a self admitted word twister, and proven liar. Now that you've be made a fool of again...why don't you get back to cleaning those stables. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

The Patriot way is a joke, and let's not make light of Spygate either, although a different and lesser category; but indicative of the culture.

I think it is clear that the Pats have tried earnestly to avoid unrepentant thugs. Yet, in recent years that standard has been crumbling a bit because of BB's poor drafting. Because of so many misses on draft day he has absolutely become desperate to field a team that Brady can bring to a SB win before Brady retires.

I also believe it is evident that a real GM should be brought in and BB should just be HC. I have to believe a real GM would have nixed the spygate behavior at least when the memo came out. And a new guy might have avoided the poor drafting and thus avoided the desperate accumulation of bargain basement bad boys.

+1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

RESPONSE:

Every single time I see this, I think of Dwight Schrute saying, "Question:"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RESPONSE: Stop it. Just because BB took a chance on Aaron Hernandez with a mid-fourth round pick, and took a guy (Dennard) who they knew had criminal charges pending against him, in the middle of round 7...you have come to this conclusion? Sounds like standard operating procedure for most NFL teams.

RESPONSE: Hindsight is always 20/20. No one could have foreseen that ignoring an NFL memo on positioning of cameras from the commissioner would lead to $750,000 in fines, and the forfeiture of a first round draft choice. As for the poor drafting, I'll grant you that. For the most part, the 2006, 2008, and 2009 drafts, in particular, were horrible. But...despite the Hernandez happening, the 2010 draft was solid..the 2011 draft was okay, and the jury is still out on the 2012 and 2013 drafts.

No doubt, the drafts could have, and should have, been better. But, understand that some excellent trades made by GM Bill put the Pats in great drafting position, and gave the Pats tons of picks. Unfortunately, on many occasions, BB has picked the wrong guys. Furthermore, he has developed the annoying habit of spending a top 100 pick each year on a major reach.

But, because of the good trades made, I don't think that a new GM is necessarily the answer. Rather, a draft consultant appears to make more sense...provided that BB listens to him.  Being both head coach and the GM of an NFLteam might be too much of a job right now, for anybody.      

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

This part of the article is all I needed to read that would prove this is a total hack job trying to be passed as an real article....

"Right now Aaron Hernandez is the Patriots' brand, like it or not. At least when it comes to popular perception."

What in the hell is he writing about.  I have yet talked to a person or read anywhere else that would even slightly support that comment.

Out of the area, try wearing some Pats gear and see what people say.  You know what I hear while in Florida?  All Hernandez, all the time.

That's because Florida sports suck.  Misery loves company.  

I live in VA and the only people that give me a hard time are my friends but they're just being dinks.  I wear my Pats cap everywhere and haven't gotten much except for the "how do you think the Pats are going to do with welker and hern gone?  what a moron that guy is. etc. etc."  I guess it's different across the sports landscape.

Same here in New Orleans. It's been mentioned three times to me. Once watching a Sox game, once at a cafe where I was picking my friends up on the way to a music show, then again by a friend at another friend's house. 

Convo #1: That's a crazy story. Do you think the Pats make the playoffs?

Convo #2: Your team are all thugs and murderers (jk) really, that is a lot to lose for an offense, Welker and Hern.

Me: Gronkowski is the key. 

Them: The Pats "D" isn't going to help.

Me: They've made some additions in the draft, and have some year two guys ready.

Them: Really. 

Group joke about everyone in the SEC smokes weed. 

Convo #3: Heard you lost Hernandez, that sucks. End stop. 

I don't see how the Patriots are tarnished in any way. Not visibly. But mostly because they didn't have the reputation a lot of media folks assumed they had. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I don't see this article as negative. It is an article about the media. I think, perhaps, the only area he has been critical is in BB not making some kind of comment, which I also think he should. And in Kraft taking a bit too long ... I agree .... 

Both of them should have made some short statement about the families involved and the good of the team the day they released Hernandez. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The Pats do need to be accountable for their part in the AH situation. They selected him, they signed him to a big deal, they are responsible for checking people out.

They simply need to apologize for what they are accountable for (knowing about his background). They screwed up but they are not alone. University of Florida and Urban Meyer screwed up as well.

It is not the end of the Pats, it is not the end of the Patriot Way. It is simply an invitation for more self knowledge and to decide how differently they are going to go forward in the future. If the Pats are humble,  stay on message about what they are accountable for and what they will do differently in the future, they will win more respect and fans in the long run.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Is Bill Belichick even in this country? It was reported that after the minicamp he went to Croatia to search out his familys history. I would think that would be a trip that takes a lot of planning, was coordinated with all of his childrens schedules, is probably time consuming (he wasn't driving to the Cape for a week and these guys only get 3-4 weeks a year of free time for family), and probably doesn't lend itself to a lot of intense media scrutiny. I doubt Borat was there waving a microphone at him trying to get comments about Hernandez. And I'm sure BB, if he is still on vacation, is pretty glad he was away when this all happened, based on his normal press conferences.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Stop it. Just because BB took a chance on Aaron Hernandez with a mid-fourth round pick, and took a guy (Dennard) who they knew had criminal charges pending against him, in the middle of round 7...you have come to this conclusion? Sounds like standard operating procedure for most NFL teams.

You stop it. BB's history of taking risky players started long before just the AH and Dennard situations. As a matter of fact his choice of such types nearly perfectly coincides with the trend of his inherited stars aging and his poor drafting steadily downgrading the team around Brady.

Sections
Shortcuts