Patriot Hating Media Jerks at it Again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Patriot Hating Media Jerks at it Again!

In response to russgriswold's comment:

That's the fact. Trust me. As someone who lived outside the area, followed this whole thing as close as you could, and was around non Pats fans the whole time, the media was angry they didn't get access or profit off the almost perfect perception the public had of the Pariots. By 2005, after the Bruschi stroke and the dynasty, many fans became enraged with hearing about how great they were.

Again, trust me, I lived in Chicago at the time and my friends started rolling their eyes every time the media would continue to prop up the Pats, but with no or limited access for interviews, etc.

Nobody here trusts you. Nor should they. You are patently dishonest.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Wait a minute rusty did I see that right ,When you lived in chicago the media propped up the Pats?So the media isnt anti-Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

So the pats have created a standard of character and discipline on their teams.  The Krafts helped fuel it, and the media accepted and perpetuated it.  No one here refused it.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, some here are indignant about the organization being called out. 

UD

Some people here are very self righteous and arrogant. They insist the sun rises and sets around the perfection of the Pats. I myself love the self sacrificing attitude of many Pats players (Mike Vrabel, Troy Brown, Tom Brady). Low draft picks that worked their way up doing anything for the team and delivered big when they were called upon. This is something we can all love. What the AH situation shows is that the Pats are completely human and can screw up big time. That the Patriot Way is fallible. That ignoring the reality of a persons past in favor of "value" can backfire badly at times. The Pats and some of their fans have exuded an arrogance that the rest of the league found distasteful. Now that the Pats are on the same level as others it is hard for these to accept it.

Another perspective on this, perhaps? Maybe it is not about ignoring a past.

I personally know people who demonstrated more and more desire to give back to the community when they reach the latter stages of their career. Upon retirement, charitable activities are what they dedicated their lives to.

Some do it out of desire to give hope to those who have been left behind in society -- a desire to do their part in restoring faith in humanity. They will try to help people, even those whom some would consider a lost cause. 

Regardless of how much they knew of AH's checkered past, perhaps the organization thought that if they could channel his energy and talent into something more productive, they would have reformed someone and in the process have made an impact to society.

Many of us here are too jaded to accept that these charitable people do exist in the world (many of these people I talk about were jaded at some stage of their lives too), but they do exist.

With the experience BK had during his latter years with MHK, it's completely understandable that the Pats under BK does what it does. Their visit to Israel a few years ago. The way he speaks. Even his reference to religion. They are consistent with people I am trying to describe.

The actions may look similar (i.e., hiring of guys with thuggish backgrounds), but perhaps with completely different motives. Obviously, the approach carries risk. Risk that these people are willing to accept, with understanding that some will not be helped. Regardless, they would be happy if they are able to help a few get out of their vicious cycle.

Now, I am not saying this is what is actually happening with the Pats. However, it is a possible explanation that people who are critical of the Pats are conveniently ignoring. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wait a minute rusty did I see that right ,When you lived in chicago the media propped up the Pats?So the media isnt anti-Pats.

SInce Spygate, the've used that misconstrued platform as a way gain even larger ratings, yes. I specifically said that non Pats fans GOT TIRED of hearing NE being complimented by the media.

Learn to read, kid. There is no way you are in your mid 30s. No way.  If you are, I weep for this country's future.

[/QUOTE]

Haha Rusty well you never said since Spygate in your post .So why don't you type what you mean instead of us all tring to fill in the blanks.Thank you

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

SInce Spygate, the've used that misconstrued platform as a way gain even larger ratings, yes. I specifically said that non Pats fans GOT TIRED of hearing NE being complimented by the media.

Learn to read, kid. There is no way you are in your mid 30s. No way.  If you are, I weep for this country's future.

[/QUOTE]

Haha Rusty well you never said since Spygate in your post .So why don't you type what you mean instead of us all tring to fill in the blanks.Thank you

[/QUOTE]

Yes I did...

"By 2005, after the Bruschi stroke and the dynasty, many fans became enraged with hearing about how great they were."

Spygate was clearly the open door for the media to execute the agenda/approach. I've said this here for years.

It's real and it exists.  For people who live in a bubble and don't have any friends outside of NE, then they are clueless.

[/QUOTE]

well I was reading the quote in babes reponse tsomething and there it doesnt say anything about Spygate,yes it has the first part of what you say here but not the rest.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

See, I don't like or make things up like you do.

Remember when you posted that I had never left Massachusetts and that I didn't have a college education? 

Both of those statements were based upon 100% nothing yet they were stated as fact.

Tell us more about how you don't make things up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

So the pats have created a standard of character and discipline on their teams.  The Krafts helped fuel it, and the media accepted and perpetuated it.  No one here refused it.  Now that the shoe is on the other foot, some here are indignant about the organization being called out. 

UD

Some people here are very self righteous and arrogant. They insist the sun rises and sets around the perfection of the Pats. I myself love the self sacrificing attitude of many Pats players (Mike Vrabel, Troy Brown, Tom Brady). Low draft picks that worked their way up doing anything for the team and delivered big when they were called upon. This is something we can all love. What the AH situation shows is that the Pats are completely human and can screw up big time. That the Patriot Way is fallible. That ignoring the reality of a persons past in favor of "value" can backfire badly at times. The Pats and some of their fans have exuded an arrogance that the rest of the league found distasteful. Now that the Pats are on the same level as others it is hard for these to accept it.

I personally know people who demonstrated more and more desire to give back to the community when they reach the latter stages of their career. Upon retirement, charitable activities are what they dedicated their lives to.

Some do it out of desire to give hope to those who have been left behind in society -- a desire to do their part in restoring faith in humanity. They will try to help people, even those whom some would consider a lost cause. 

Regardless of how much they knew of AH's checkered past, perhaps the organization thought that if they could channel his energy and talent into something more productive, they would have reformed someone and in the process have made an impact to society.

Many of us here are too jaded to accept that these charitable people do exist in the world (many of these people I talk about were jaded at some stage of their lives too), but they do exist.

With the experience BK had during his latter years with MHK, it's completely understandable that the Pats under BK does what it does. Their visit to Israel a few years ago. The way he speaks. Even his reference to religion. They are consistent with people I am trying to describe.

The actions may look similar (i.e., hiring of guys with thuggish backgrounds), but perhaps with completely different motives. Obviously, the approach carries risk. Risk that these people are willing to accept, with understanding that some will not be helped. Regardless, they would be happy if they are able to help a few get out of their vicious cycle.

Now, I am not saying this is what is actually happening with the Pats. However, it is a possible explanation that people who are critical of the Pats are conveniently ignoring. 

you gotta be kidding me...u actually believe what u just typed?

and yet some of you still can't fathom why no one likes pats fans....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to TexasPat's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

And yet, if this happened to the lousy bumbling freak show Jets, there would be a laugh a minute here.

RESPONSE: Completely disagree. Murder is not a butt-fumble. It's no laughing matter...no matter who the player is...or what team he plays for. 

[/QUOTE]
    Somewhere along the line, and I know I'll have disagreement (so be it), the Kraft Patriots began to be seen similarly to the Dungy Colts - not from a religious point of view, but from a kind of perception that player character was an integral part of their organizational philosophy. 

This perception was both questioned and also driven home further when the pats would pick up a player of questionable character.  When that happened, the first response was "wow, the pats took that guy" and was later followed with "if there is an organzation that can handle that character, its the patriots because of the way they do things and what is expected." 

Everyone considered Dungy holier than thou, and on this board with little exception, posters had a field day when Dungy's son committed suicide.  A chink in the armor, if you will.  Posters personally blamed Dungy himself for his sons death as if he had actually done it.   

[/QUOTE]

^^^This is COMPLETELY FALSE. False. Kraft mentioned "spirtuality" when he raised the SB 36 trophy before Dungy even arrived in Indy.

So, you're wrong, as usual.   Your premise is that Kraft, BB, the players solicit the cameras and media and preach religious or self righteous rhetoric, which clearly could not be further from the truth. So, you can stop lying.

Meanwhile, the Irsays and Dungy, with Polian, were on the forefront, reaching for the media or Goodell to use them to help their cause, because they felt entitled.  SO true.  Everyone saw it. You pansies would come in to Foxborough thinking you deserved to win those games, all self righteous because of stats in a dome.  Everytime Dungy was interviewed he thought he was such a great coach with the smile and the aw shucks attitude.  He was nice to the media, seems  like a nice guy, so the media propped him up.  Yet, he's a defensive coach who got by in Tampa Bay because he coached like 4 HOF players on his defense.  The media should have been asking why he sucked so bad putting a good or great D on the field in Indy, the whole time. Instead, they protected him.

On the flip side, BB isn't a self promoter. Nor is Kraft. They prefer to let their laurels stand on their own feet.  They do all they can to do it that way, as a matter of fact. 

The fact is, the media and curious or jealous non-Pats fans were impressed or fascinated with how a coach could corral 53 egos in a room, year in and year out, with distractions, contracts, immaturity, selfishness in a selfish era in our country's history, and act like it was nothing.

That's the fact. Trust me. As someone who lived outside the area, followed this whole thing as close as you could, and was around non Pats fans the whole time, the media was angry they didn't get access or profit off the almost perfect perception the public had of the Pariots. By 2005, after the Bruschi stroke and the dynasty, many fans became enraged with hearing about how great they were.

Again, trust me, I lived in Chicago at the time and my friends started rolling their eyes every time the media would continue to prop up the Pats, but with no or limited access for interviews, etc.

But, none of this "Patriot Way" or anything they want to focus on to keep centered on as an organization, is promoted or advertised as something they think is superior to others. It's what they believe an organization has to have, to move and operate smoothly. But, from your arrogant point of view or anyone else who is jealous of it, the idea that Kraft and BB don't have the right to lead in that way to accomplish goals, is a joke.  It's so arrogant from your point of view.

If every company in this country was run like Patriots, more jobs would be created and people would love where they worked.

It's become very popular to bash success and successful people in our society. It's a way for the media to make money.

They have you and many others here, hooked. That's on you.

[/QUOTE]

this is just sad...and the fact that u really believe this silly cliched tripe is even sadder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

UD

you gotta be kidding me...u actually believe what u just typed?

and yet some of you still can't fathom why no one likes pats fans....

This is exactly the point, and no matter how many times Rusty says it isn't true, evidence rises regarding people's perspective about the patriot way.  I've even read an article that separates the "belichick way" from the patriot way.  The patriot way is embodied in the MHK patch.  That wasn't put out there by the media, the team had it sewn on to their jersey for all to see.  Regardless of whether you think such things are delusional, I think organizations should and do attempt to create a virtuous facade, even when, privately, unvirtuous things take place.  But again, the point is that there has been a promotion of this patriot way, and Hernandez's actions (if found guilty of anything related to the death) hurt the values of the team that are promoted by that patch.  Rusty just buries his head in the sand about such things. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

UD

100% accurate and perfectly said

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

And of course, Mr. Integrity, Ron Borges, has to get his digs in on BB: http://bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2013/07/face_it_bill_belichick_cant_ignore_aaron_hernandez_any_longer

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

TP - I am not talking about whether or not you (as a fan) or the team deserved any part of the Hernandez fiasco. That's off topic entirely.  I responded to the point that some Pats fans here would have a field day with this situation if it happened to another team, and I provided an example of the field day that some pats fans here have had with the Dungy tragedy. 

When you respond to specific sentences within a message rather than the whole message you eliminate the context of the message entirely.  I assume you do that intentionally and disingenuously to deflect the message.  

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

RESPONSE: 

The truth of the matter is that, once again, you've been exposed for being the hypocrital troll that you are. You have spoken out of both sides of your mouth here...first to gain favor with those who post here, and who know you for the troll that you are...and then to get your digs in on Pats' fans, regarding "The Patriot Way". In doing so, you have once again demonstrated why you have no credibility here, and why no one here should take you seriously. 

These are your own words, Dog(ggggg), from a thread the YOU started, entitled, "Sorry to Pats Fans": 

I know that I occassionally play devil's advocate, and I may have some "feelings", especially after this incident, about the "patriot way".

But as fans - you didn't deserve this.  The team, frankly, didn't deserve this.  Regardless of Belichick's penchant for seeking "value" in talented players with less than stellar character, he didn't deserve this.  Bob Kraft didn't deserve this. 

I am not looking to gain any different treatment of y'all from these comments.  Treat me no differently.  I just wanted you to know that from an outsider, looking in, this is some bs that you didn't deserve. 

But then, you used the AH situation to launch your attack on BB, Bob Kraft Pats' fans, and the "The Patriot Way". I invite posters here to go back and browse over the venom you spewed within you"Apology Thread". Or, just to peer at your latest post, above.  

Obviously, your "apology" to Pats fans was insincere. 

By now, I guess none of us should be surprised.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Unlike the Ron Borges hatchet job in today's Herald, here's a much fairer assessment on what BB's approach should be, when asked about the AH situation in today's press conference: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--patriots-best-served-if-bill-belichick-addresses-aaron-hernandez-s-arrest-164623949.html  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You really need to get help. This age obsession of yours (to go along with all your other nutjob obsessions) needs to be medicated.

You are the only tool here who ever mentions age. You would think any normal person might notice that and say to themselves perhaps they need to adjust their thinking. But of course you are light years away from normal so that just won't ever happen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You really need to get help. This age obsession of yours (to go along with all your other nutjob obsessions) needs to be medicated.

You are the only tool here who ever mentions age. You would think any normal person might notice that and say to themselves perhaps they need to adjust their thinking. But of course you are light years away from normal so that just won't ever happen.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Judging from the response of the media to BB's press conference, it appears that he has once again flummoxed them. While he usually shuts them down with stock responses to their questions, this time he silenced them with a thoughful, somber, and sincere statement. I for one am proud to have him at the helm of the New England Patriots.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RESPONSE: It's called "The Patriot Way", troll! It still is alive and well...as defined by Tom Brady:

“You talk about the Patriot Way, and to me that means mental toughness, it means dealing with different situations and adversities over the course of a season and offseason and how you can put those things behind you and focus on your job.”

The Patriot Way is all about character. Judging from the many lies and misrepresentations which you've spewed on this forum over the years, it's something that you'll never understand. 

Remember how you defended Marvin "Two-Gun" Harrison? LOL!!!