Patriot Pie $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Patriot Pie $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hello Pats fans,
     Vince and other non skilled players as they are termed have to realize that there is only so much Pie$$$$$. And you cannot get more than what the Owners are willing to disburse. He is gone. that's my opinion . The Pats will not spend on people they can easily replace, NOT replace WELL. They do not need to stop the run, They can give up 160 yds on the Ground and still win. V.Wilfork does not contribute anything to the pass rush. So, He is gone. The Pat's need to draft, trade, obtain 2 excellent pass rustlers., DE.!!!
     The Pat's need to re-think the Defense and the personnel to fit. the 3-4 seems a dificult bill to fill. The O.S. LBers are rare who can play this position. Stopping the run and making them pass is a detriment to this current roster
      NO more giant ourside LBer, .A Robert Mathis, and Dwitght Freeney combo is much better. What about the run D, at smaller size? Have you played any sports? I have, Quickness and speed can many times defeat size.
     Let's hope for a different approach from BB. He knows the game has changed. He will adapt.

Go Pats

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Patriot Pie $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If owners are willing to disburse where is he going to?  I don't think Wilfork is going any where.  Why?  Most owners like the CBA.  It gives them structure.  Kraft says he doesn't want to go into any big deals until the new CBA is made.  Other owners will not offer Wilfork anything because of the same reason.  He's a player that will have significant long term hit against the cap.  You've got to know what you have to work with before a commitment like this.

A lot of folks think that an uncapped year means a money grab bag.  It doesn't.  It's quite the reverse.  It's going to be a rough FA year for the players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

"most owners like the CBA"?

I tend to doubt that as the owners are the ones who opted out of the current CBA because the % of profit going towards the Salary Cap was getting too large and eating into profits.

They may like the CBA in general, but they would like one where they get to pocket a bit more cash.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think you make a good point about run and pass defense but the 3-4 is not really a run defense alignment.  The Steelers won the SB last year with a 3-4 and a lot of teams have success with it.  I don't think they'll change to a 4-3 but I do think that you're right that defending the pass needs to be the focus of the defense because of the way the NFL is nowadays.  I wonder if they couldn't trade a little bit of size for speed to get better on passing downs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

if they could still win after giving up so much yardage.on the ground or in the air.the pats wouldnt had to watch the rest of the playoffs,or superbowl on tv.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

" V.Wilfork does not contribute anything to the pass rush"

He didn't contribute anything to stopping the ground game against Baltimore either.  He got blown up early, often and constantly. 

His playing ability is greatly over blown by Radical Homers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39MuHjSerYQ

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

EnochRoot
    I was talking about the salary cap and the structure it brings in general.  The CBA is a great idea and is good for the NFL.  They will always be fighting over who gets what.

The thing about NT is that it's a hard position to fill.  Not anyone can play this spot.  Yeah, Wilfork got pushed around in the Baltimore game but who didn't?  You can't look at one game and call the guy a turd.  He's not the best but he ain't shabby either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

News flash for tcal2; nose tackles aren't expected to be pass rushers. You don't grasp that basic football fundamental but you go on to pronounce that "His playing ability is greatly over blown by Radical Homers".

Is that why he's a pro-bowler again, professor?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdcjoker. Show bdcjoker's posts

that's a cute butterfly in your avatar alfie.....do you like little flowers? pansies perhaps....professor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

ummm......unclealfie you may want to look at my post again.  The blue lettering with the quotes around it means it's something someone else posted - David Seattle.  In the past I would of taken this opportunity to insult you back for your miss guided snide remarks about how I don't grasp football fundamentals but I have grown as a person and won't.

Pro Bowler is a rather useless barometer to measure the effectiveness of a football player.  It's more of a popularity contest, kinda like American Idol.

I think the metric the league uses and the truly informed would be ALL PRO.

But thanks for the 2 insults it says a lot about you as a person.  Regards

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Yeah you just you look down on public servants like teachers....yeah you've grown alright...ppffttt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

tcal; you included the quote to support your position that his playing ability is overblown... Are you rejecting it now? 

Do you actually know what the pro bowl is? two thirds of the vote comes from players and coaches, yet you ridicule fork's having made that squad with your  "overrated" statement. 

I'd say your own assessment of your ability to judge a player, compared to NFL coaches and players, is overrated.  

If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

joker;

maybe a little research would be in order before you run your mouth, newbie.

Its not quite a butterfly;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircrew_Badge#Combat_Aircrew_Insignia

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The Pro Bowl is an All Star game.  All Pro is the person voted best at his position.

I feel the same way that Bill Belichick feels about Vince.  He's not worth the money to sign to a long term contract.

You feel differently and that's fine.  I'm not going to insult you over your position.  Were trapped in a negative loop here so it time to move on.  Sorry if you took the Radical Homer thing personally or the wrong way (it's not an insult nor was it directed at any specific individual).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Love Vince as a player and person but Pryor and Brace can fill in at a cheaper price and with the difference in salary they can pick up a pass rush DE or OLB as a free agent and use a draft pick to get another one.  Remember they have one first round pick and three in the second  .  . that means 4 of the top 60 picks in a draft that is going to be deep.  

Need . . . TE, OLB , DE, WR and RB more than spending big bucks on Vince.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdcjoker. Show bdcjoker's posts

Looks like butterflies to me afie, what does your butterfly represent?  girl scouts?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Hi Shenanigans,
    First: 11/9/2009
    Last: 1/31/2010
    "I think you make a good point about run and pass defense but the 3-4 is not really a run defense alignment."
    I  disagree and think that the 3-4 is designed to stop the run and defend the pass, but it takes very special athletes to make it work.. The front 3 and particularly the Nose Tackle are to occupy 2 O.L men and free up the LBers to make the run stop. It also supplies the opportunity to drop LBers into Pass coverage. And or blitz one or more of those LBers. Not so with the Pats, since Crennel left.
      I saw Vince get moved around quite a bit in the Saints and Ravens games. I think the Pats can find a good replacement. Maybe one of the young guys will step up. Go Pats.
    Davidseattle

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The NT spot is a very hard one to fill and you would find out as soon as Wilfork left town.  Unless you have someone to fill Wilforks shoes you don't let him go.

Sections
Shortcuts