Patriot Roster Issues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Patriot Roster Issues

Needs  2 tight ends.....ones we had were below average....need one vet signed..one drafted....offense coordinator to use tigth end in offense.,.

d-line and lbs.....with pass rush capability and coach that will be aggressive with them. (passive aggressive is ok in checkers or chess)

running back with speed ( as long as the o-line) that can break one occassionally..
        no more over 30 guys..
    wide receiver....(depending on tate)   dont see anyone  in f/a that doesnt have a lot of baggage except and old torrie holt....nice 3rd receiver...and then its up to BB

O-Line...added qualty replacements....do you think connelly and yates etc are going to replace the starters???

Rookies from last year must make the jump and improve...(
    brace...chung....need to be able to play more....

going to be a fun year for Patriot fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Patriot Roster Issues

I liked the rumors about the Pats trading for Greg Olsen. I think they should use a pick or two to grab him if possible.

Signing Crumpler would also be a great addition. With those two they would have enough players at tight end and have a quality blocker and pass catcher.

I think they should pick up Holt and see what he has left in him. I'm hoping Tate works out though and can become a serious receiver opposite moss. Hopefully his injuries wont have a long lasting impact.
    They need to draft an O-lineman, OLB, and a DE with their first three picks, imo. I think those are the most glaring weaknesses on the team. O-line might not be so glaring, but it is extremely important.

There are still cuts and signings to be made. It'll be intersting to see how the team looks kickoff weekend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

YATES doesn't play for the Patriots.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The TE's that are on the Patriots roster are unproven both Agnone and Myers have never played a down in a game,with that said Myers was very productive at Utah State and Agnone was Flacco's favorite target at Delaware,are they players of the caliber of Watson? We won't know until they play.....The patriots will draft another TE and they will give both of these guys a real chance too make the team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Need #2 WR opposite Moss.  (I'm dont' think we have this on our roster right now)
    Need a blocking TE like Alge C. (Unless they change their ways this yr offensively and start throwing to their TE's again?)
    Need OLB/DE - (probably aiming for the draft to snag one/two of these guys)
    Need a Young RB (like above - draft most likely)
    Line Play (both Offensive / Defensive lines - can always use)
    Need Punter (I know we all care about this)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

No TE's...extra Tackles or find an athletic DL/LB for short yardage.  It kills me when I think of the high draft picks and FA money they threw away on TE's the past 10 years.

Did Vrable and Tom Ashworth give them as much in the Superbowl years as the parade of big-money TE's drafted in the top 4 rds?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You know the more I think about using Crumpler as a stop gap TE for a couple years training a 2nd rnd TE to take his place the more I like the idea. If we have Crumpler then there's no need to get a vet TE like Olsen and we can get a young TE with upside under a cheap contract for years verses having to spend money on Olsen.

I've also changed my list of importance for the draft since Bodden resigned. With Bodden and Butler the CB position would be nice to get an upgrade but no longer is a 2nd rnd need imo.

My new needs rank is:

1) DE/OLB rusher - Pryor and TBC were nice surprises but we can't count on TBC repeating. Even if TBC can repeat there is still a missing side. With the amount of talent in the tweener position this is #1 for me.

2) OL - Neal is resigned and Vollmer can take the RT position for now but Neal is injury prone and I have a feeling Light won't be resigned next year. Also Koppen, god love him, isn't great at opening holes for the RB. If any position upgrade is available they should take a hard look.

3) WR - We don't know when Welker will be back or how Tate will preform. Even though I think Edelman will give you 85% of Welker a #2 is a big question mark. Add that to Moss saying he's going to leave, that will make Welker the only solid WR after next year. Now Tate and Edelman can turn out to be great but getting another high end WR for insurance would be better.

4) DE/DT - The only reason it isn't higher the OL and WR is because of the play of Pyror and Wright, but depth and a 3rd down rusher would be ideal

5) TE - We have none, the only reason it isn't higher is simply the inability for the Pats to use the full strength of high pick TE's. Lets face it Pats use TE's as an extra OL and a last check off player. You can get one of the best blocking TE's (run/pass) in the late 2nd to mid rounds. It's usually the offense driven catching TE's that tend to go high.

6) RB -Maroney is servicable (shuttered a bit saying that) and Faulk as a 3rd down back with BJGE and Taylor as backups might be fine until other needs are met. Maybe a FB/HB hybred or a bruiser back in the mid rounds would help. But if RB is the best value with the best talent and other bigger holes are met maybe a late 2nd pick is possible.

7) CB - The W's are disappointing but used only as nickles they aren't to bad. With Butler and Bodden locking up the starting position for the next 4 years CB would either be a depth move or replacing a W as a nickle back.

8) ILB - Hopefully McKenzie will work out and the ILB core did fairly well last year. I expect Mayo to bounce back from an injury. Depth would be nice but other holes are bigger 

9) P - yes we need one that can punt for more the 40 yards

10) Everything else for Depth

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I've been thinking a lot about this off season and I am happy so far my only disapointment was Boldin but I know that was a tough one to pull off on several accounts... so If I could run the show this is what I would do and I think Belichick might be planning something like this himself...

Sign Crumpler, Then if Spiller is still available by the time they get to Denver's pick look for the Patriots to offer Pick #22 and #48 to move up and get him, If he is gone they stand pat (sorry)and take Sergio Kindle or Mike Iupati OL (he can play either RT or RG he has a lot of upside) at 22, then at 44 they go DE Pass rusher Everson Griffen if they went RB in one and they go RB Dwyer if they went for a Pass Rusher in one. Then if they have #48 they go WR likely Branden Lafell LSU who has #1 WR capability to replace Moss in 2011. Then with the 53rd pick I would not be suprised if they traded it for a 3rd and a 5th and then with the 5th take Punter Penn State Jeremy Boone who despite kicking tons of punts inside the 20 still ended up with over 43 yard average for his career.  The third round pick would be whoever is graded out highest at that pick regardless of position. From Round 3 on I think it is especially important to just take best available   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deman3392. Show deman3392's posts

trade (2nd & 4th round) for chris cooley and sign algie crumpler

trade (2011 1st round) for jonathan stewart

sign andra davis, javon walker (deserves another chance), and maybe greg ellis

draft (1st round) brandon graham, (2nd round) golden tate, and (2nd round) devin mccourty

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

NEEDS IN PRIORITY-

2 DE'S - WITH COLLEGE REP AS A DE WITH SPEED AND ABILITY TO GET TO THE QB, AS WELL AS SUPERIOR TACKLER

2 OLB'S- SIMILAR SUPERIOR QUALITIES AS ABOVE- HIGHEST- GETING TO THE QB

SAFETY- MYRON ROLLE-6'2", 220 LBS - SUPERIOR TACKLER WITH SPEED TO GET
    TO THE QB ON A REGULAR BASIS. LEADERSHIP QUALITIES. CANT MISS NFL ALL STAR.

CORNERBACK- EXCELLENT COVER SKILLS AND TACKLER

PUNTER

TIGHT END- SUPERIOR BLOCKER AND PASS CATCHER

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

At the rate that Joe Haden is dropping he could fall into the Patriots lap at #22...I would love to see him drop down to that spot! He is the best CB in this draft,though everyone seems to think that Berry could be an excellent CB if he practiced the position. Of course there are others who would be in the hunt Wilson,Robinson,Jackson and McCourty in any case now that I'm done dreaming I'll just wait to hear the announcement from the podium by the commissioner: And with the #22 pick in the draft the Patriots have traded with X team for X amount of Draft picks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

1.OLB-The Pats are set at every other position other than this one. The Pats have no one who can rush the passer its pathetic. They had Ninkovich out their getting better pressure than Adalius Thomas. They will probably not take Brandon Graham since he isnt what they take size wize. So we all need to be praying that the Pats take an OLB and that Shawn Crable fills out or we could be in for another year of disaster at this position. 

2.DE- Wright filled in well at times and did his job kudos to him. He was actually the most consistent linemen all year long last season but heres the thing he shouldnt be starting. Odrick I feel could easily be the Pats number 1 pick in April. Good 3-4 DEs in this draft, their is a huge hole on that side of the line, and the Pats (Bill) loves himself defensive linemen over any position including TEs and draft history proves it.

3.WR- Pathetic out of this group this year. Seriously think about it. It was basically Brady-Moss-Welker-Faulk on offense all year long. Yeah Edelman was great at times last year and hes going to be great next year filling in for Welker. Guess what though other than that no much upside. Moss has 1 year left and honestly anything can happen there. Welker is coming off a torn rotator cuff and torn ACL and shouldnt be back till Thanksgiving. Faulk is a dang third down back. They need some youth and fast.

4-ILB- Guyton is a rotational player and the Pats made an incredible find on Gary Guyton. He cant take on guards though which causes Mayo not to roam sideline to sideline. With Mayo being healthy 16+ games this year the Pats need someone who can play that TED role and some posters might remember the last one we had was during those superbowl runs.

5-RB- Maroney is garbage, and all these old backs cant hold up. Thankfully this is a RB heavy draft with loads of talent. 

6-TE- I would have put this higher but meh. Crumpler can be signed and a guy like Jimmy Graham will be on the board in the 3rd and 4th. 

7-CB well this really isnt a need but better to draft one now and replace Springs old rear end sooner than later. Darius Butler is more than likely going to pan out to be an great player in this league and Bodden is good. Wilhite is Hobbs all over again though and hes just a waste of time playing outside. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

LMFAO , Pancakes what are you talking about? Seriously man , you have no idea what your talking , "OLB , the PATS are set at every other position other than this one". Sorry , but you couldnt be more wrong. And your arguement make zero sense.  You name players from certain positions , and wheather you know it or not your indirectly exposing the fact that were not set in alot of positions LOL! We have no pass rush at all , yea and..? Really who hasnt known that , and why does every PATS fan think we need this blue chip , big name rusher. Yea we had Big Willie , but we also did it with guys like Vrabel , Spires , Chatham , Colvin , and TBC. I dont know why everyone feels that we have to go after big names here. And this years OLB class is not that great , IMHO none are worth a first. Nobody has seperated themselves from the next guy , they all scream 2nd round to me. And how are we set at all positions if we need a DE , RB , REC , ILB , and yes we do need more help in the secondary. Teams made no secret about the fact that they were going to run and run at what would have been Seys side. Way off here , way off! And one last thing , Wright was the most consistant d-lineman all year. Seriously are you joking? You just admited in the next breath that he needs to start. You cant be the most consistant player , but not play , LOL! If your not out there all the time you make have a consistant impact. And again you have no idea what your talking about here. Wilfork has been the most cosistant player we had on D for the past 3 years , and after him that title goes to Bodden. WOW , I havent read a post like that since some D D BAG said Maroney has more upside tha AD , LMFAO! You guys should get together , go share a Dr. Pepper and a sandwhich LOL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

And deman you also have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Enough with Javon Walker , hes had 10 different 2nd chances. Between his attitude , off the field BS and injuries hes had way to many "2nd" chances. And oh yea he SUX! , hes had 2 good years and always hurt. He hasnt been relevant since '06 , LOL. How do you let yourself go and get out of shape for 4 years LOL. And hes never played at a high level for more than a year at a time. NO way!
    When it comes to the draft Id wait and see what happens from now til' then and Id even maybe wait until that day to make a final choice because of all are needs. The way the first 15 shapes up would determine where Im going to go. I like to trade up a couple spots and grab a stud. No way would I settle at 22 , theres going to be a few teams trying to get out of the top ten and ten from 15-17. Id love to move up and grab a Berry , Thomas , McClain , Haden etc. Mark my words your going to have the 2 DT's , 2 QBs , maybe 3 OT , and maybe 2 DE's. Theres going to be some great talent between 10-15 , talent that absolutely is deserving of moving up for. This draft isnt nearly as deep as most of you think. If we cant grab a stud , a playmaker/difference maker then Id trade out and try to as close to 32 as possible. If this draft is so deep then why is everyone trying to trade out into the 2nd/3rd round , LOL , wheres the depth and talent in the first? PATS need a difference maker and there are guys worth moving for.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot Roster Issues:
    1.OLB-The Pats are set at every other position other than this one. The Pats have no one who can rush the passer its pathetic. They had Ninkovich out their getting better pressure than Adalius Thomas. They will probably not take Brandon Graham since he isnt what they take size wize. So we all need to be praying that the Pats take an OLB and that Shawn Crable fills out or we could be in for another year of disaster at this position.  2.DE- Wright filled in well at times and did his job kudos to him. He was actually the most consistent linemen all year long last season but heres the thing he shouldnt be starting. Odrick I feel could easily be the Pats number 1 pick in April. Good 3-4 DEs in this draft, their is a huge hole on that side of the line, and the Pats (Bill) loves himself defensive linemen over any position including TEs and draft history proves it. 3.WR- Pathetic out of this group this year. Seriously think about it. It was basically Brady-Moss-Welker-Faulk on offense all year long. Yeah Edelman was great at times last year and hes going to be great next year filling in for Welker. Guess what though other than that no much upside. Moss has 1 year left and honestly anything can happen there. Welker is coming off a torn rotator cuff and torn ACL and shouldnt be back till Thanksgiving. Faulk is a dang third down back. They need some youth and fast. 4-ILB- Guyton is a rotational player and the Pats made an incredible find on Gary Guyton. He cant take on guards though which causes Mayo not to roam sideline to sideline. With Mayo being healthy 16+ games this year the Pats need someone who can play that TED role and some posters might remember the last one we had was during those superbowl runs. 5-RB- Maroney is garbage, and all these old backs cant hold up. Thankfully this is a RB heavy draft with loads of talent.  6-TE- I would have put this higher but meh. Crumpler can be signed and a guy like Jimmy Graham will be on the board in the 3rd and 4th.  7-CB well this really isnt a need but better to draft one now and replace Springs old rear end sooner than later. Darius Butler is more than likely going to pan out to be an great player in this league and Bodden is good. Wilhite is Hobbs all over again though and hes just a waste of time playing outside. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

I have to ask......how big is d freeney...r mathis..woodley....If a guy can play and isnt 6ft 13 (hahaha),,,,,he can take the edge and pget pressure.....Will be fun to watch the draft unfold....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

1.OLB-The Pats are set at every other position other than this one. The Pats have no one who can rush the passer its pathetic. They had Ninkovich out their getting better pressure than Adalius Thomas. They will probably not take Brandon Graham since he isnt what they take size wize. So we all need to be praying that the Pats take an OLB and that Shawn Crable fills out or we could be in for another year of disaster at this position.  2.DE- Wright filled in well at times and did his job kudos to him. He was actually the most consistent linemen all year long last season but heres the thing he shouldnt be starting. Odrick I feel could easily be the Pats number 1 pick in April. Good 3-4 DEs in this draft, their is a huge hole on that side of the line, and the Pats (Bill) loves himself defensive linemen over any position including TEs and draft history proves it. 3.WR- Pathetic out of this group this year. Seriously think about it. It was basically Brady-Moss-Welker-Faulk on offense all year long. Yeah Edelman was great at times last year and hes going to be great next year filling in for Welker. Guess what though other than that no much upside. Moss has 1 year left and honestly anything can happen there. Welker is coming off a torn rotator cuff and torn ACL and shouldnt be back till Thanksgiving. Faulk is a dang third down back. They need some youth and fast. 4-ILB- Guyton is a rotational player and the Pats made an incredible find on Gary Guyton. He cant take on guards though which causes Mayo not to roam sideline to sideline. With Mayo being healthy 16+ games this year the Pats need someone who can play that TED role and some posters might remember the last one we had was during those superbowl runs. 5-RB- Maroney is garbage, and all these old backs cant hold up. Thankfully this is a RB heavy draft with loads of talent.  6-TE- I would have put this higher but meh. Crumpler can be signed and a guy like Jimmy Graham will be on the board in the 3rd and 4th.  7-CB well this really isnt a need but better to draft one now and replace Springs old rear end sooner than later. Darius Butler is more than likely going to pan out to be an great player in this league and Bodden is good. Wilhite is Hobbs all over again though and hes just a waste of time playing outside. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn

i would call Torry holt and see what he has left...same as d mason???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

YATES doesn't play for the Patriots.
    Posted by dwhite1220
    your so right....sorry for my confused state

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

trade (2nd & 4th round) for chris cooley and sign algie crumpler trade (2011 1st round) for jonathan stewart sign andra davis, javon walker (deserves another chance), and maybe greg ellis draft (1st round) brandon graham, (2nd round) golden tate, and (2nd round) devin mccourty
    Posted by deman3392

Is there a need to have tight ends when an average of 2 passes a game is in the offense game plan???
    (but i would like to see a threat at tight end sometime...(sure miss ben coats)

Sections
Shortcuts