Patriot State of the Union

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Re: Patriot State of the Union

just two things~ the offense needs to learn to finish games and go into victory formation, seen again yesterday going for it on 4th down, the Ridley fumble, other than that the O is fine.

I would like to see the D give up less points, if they could be in the top 10 in that category then this team will be something... other than health/injuries we're good

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I said before the season and will say it now, this is the best team in the belichick era. The offense can do anything and has complete balance. The young defense, loaded with playmakers is improving each week and forcing turnovers every week. 

This is a complete team, only injuries or the Patriots themselves can stop them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

I don't want to hear how bad our defensive backfield is anymore, if you're saying it, you don't know squat about complimentary football.  We don't rush the passer, are ranked 19th in sacks and yet we're one of the best at intercepting passes and causing fumbles.

In short "bend don't break," we give up a lot of yards but we cause fumbles and INT's at a high rate.  BB uses a situational defense in the regular season, if the game is on the line he'll make every effort to stop the opposing team, otherwise he doesn't care about stats or your fantasy football team's defense.  He minimizes the big play and knows that his offense will outscore yours.  Expect that when the playoff's begin the defense will stiffen, just like previous years and they'll play at championship form.   All the moaners and Nancies should go root for the Browns, at least then they would have something to complain about.    

Just out of curiosity, are u saying that secretly - the Patriots have a stellar pass rush, shut down CBs, and Safeties that are Rodney Harrison like - but BB chooses not to use during the regular season because his regular season philosophy is vanilla - and then he will unleash a shut down defense come playoff time?

Now, I know there are many factors to winning/losing - but surely, this "philosphy" of holding the best for last hasn't worked out the last two SBs.

If BB had "it", he'd use "it" - regular season or not.

"It" is an expediture of resources, something you'd consider using in a "win or go home" scenario like the playoffs.  It's not a secret.  340 pound defensive linemen can't usually play 45 minutes unless they have freaky athleticism like Wilfork.  

That's why you only saw Brace and Vince on the field together once yesterday, when the game was still close and down near the end zone... Manning called a timeout coincidentally because he didn't like what he saw.  

Otherwise when Brace was in the game he had Cunningham and Scott playing end alongside him and we were getting run on.  Vince and Brace together, no way.  The two of them with Love or Deadrick at the other end and our pass rush flourishes, like we saw a lot of in the first two games.  

Since then BB has been on cruise control running the four man front with Jones and Ninc at end, soft zones behind, playing the modern version of "bend don't break."

BB uses "it" when everything is on the line, say what you want about last years defense but they only allowed 2 TD's in the Super Bowl in a rebuilding year.  This year is the same defense with better parts and more ability to cause turnovers, they're young, they'll improve before they'll get worse.  Not to mention our offense is substantially better because it's multidimensional and can run or pass even in the toughest of times.

BB used all of "it" in 2007 and learned a hard lesson, last year we didn't have enough of "it" to make up for our finesse offense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The defense has been pretty mediocre. But that's a big imprivement from last season's terrible.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

I said before the season and will say it now, this is the best team in the belichick era. The offense can do anything and has complete balance. The young defense, loaded with playmakers is improving each week and forcing turnovers every week. 

This is a complete team, only injuries or the Patriots themselves can stop them.

How VERY Rustylike.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

How VERY Rustylike.

You are here for one thing only and that's to start trouble. Most of the people here were glad when you got the boot because we could focus on talking Patriots  instead of your childish games. I'm not Rusty, as I've told you several times, you are saying it to try and start an argument . I'm only going to post this one comment and move on again. I'm here to talk Patriots, you are not. You are also a coward who likes to stir up trouble behind the computor. I know you wouldn't actually do this to my face, if you did it would only be once.

I'm going to move on and talk football now with the othhere who are here to do the same. Get over yourself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

In response to tanbass' comment:

Just human nature taking it's course.....glass half empty is the main thought process of many New England fans.

Unless we dominate every single snap, and blow teams out 56-0....there will be the complainers....

Yeah, but it's embarrassing. Seriously.  I can see legit complaints, but it's like a disease for some people.

People in others parts of this country think we're spoiled and cannot stand our fans because of it. Can't say I blame them. They're jealous of this yet we  have whiny pink hats who don't know the game, making most of the noise complaining.

Unbelievable.

Playoff teams that averged 14 wins a season choked in '06, '07, '10 and '11

Not getting one SB out of those 4 years is a disagrace

Of course we are spoiled... but when you see a team that should have 2-3 SB's over 6 years have ZERO... and some questionable drafts, little money spent on obvious FA upgrades and all-pro's allowed to walk you have some concerns

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

How VERY Rustylike.

You are here for one thing only and that's to start trouble. Most of the people here were glad when you got the boot because we could focus on talking Patriots  instead of your childish games. I'm not Rusty, as I've told you several times, you are saying it to try and start an argument . I'm only going to post this one comment and move on again. I'm here to talk Patriots, you are not. You are also a coward who likes to stir up trouble behind the computor. I know you wouldn't actually do this to my face, if you did it would only be once.

I'm going to move on and talk football now with the othhere who are here to do the same. Get over yourself.

What would you do if I called you Rusty to your face?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Just human nature taking it's course.....glass half empty is the main thought process of many New England fans.

Unless we dominate every single snap, and blow teams out 56-0....there will be the complainers....

Yeah, but it's embarrassing. Seriously.  I can see legit complaints, but it's like a disease for some people.

People in others parts of this country think we're spoiled and cannot stand our fans because of it. Can't say I blame them. They're jealous of this yet we  have whiny pink hats who don't know the game, making most of the noise complaining.

Unbelievable.

Of course we are spoiled... but when you see a team that should have 2-3 SB's over 6 years have ZERO... and some questionable drafts, little money spent on obvious FA upgrades and all-pro's allowed to walk you have some concerns

Its certainly frustrating but they were only a couple of points, a few seconds, and the most incredible catch in the history of football away from winning two of those years. The team has been completely rebuilt around Brady and still elite. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

How VERY Rustylike.

What would you do if I called you Rusty to your face?

Probably laugh. 

I would rather move on from this and just talk football though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

"It" is an expediture of resources, something you'd consider using in a "win or go home" scenario like the playoffs.  It's not a secret.  340 pound defensive linemen can't usually play 45 minutes unless they have freaky athleticism like Wilfork.  

That's why you only saw Brace and Vince on the field together once yesterday, when the game was still close and down near the end zone... Manning called a timeout coincidentally because he didn't like what he saw.  

Otherwise when Brace was in the game he had Cunningham and Scott playing end alongside him and we were getting run on.  Vince and Brace together, no way.  The two of them with Love or Deadrick at the other end and our pass rush flourishes, like we saw a lot of in the first two games.  

Since then BB has been on cruise control running the four man front with Jones and Ninc at end, soft zones behind, playing the modern version of "bend don't break."

BB uses "it" when everything is on the line, say what you want about last years defense but they only allowed 2 TD's in the Super Bowl in a rebuilding year.  This year is the same defense with better parts and more ability to cause turnovers, they're young, they'll improve before they'll get worse.  Not to mention our offense is substantially better because it's multidimensional and can run or pass even in the toughest of times.

BB used all of "it" in 2007 and learned a hard lesson, last year we didn't have enough of "it" to make up for our finesse offense.

I hear what you're saying - and would agree that components of the team are complementary to one another.  Your original comment was that you were tired of the bashing of the secondary - that it was somehow unwarranted. I would agree that the changes on offense is a signifcant step in helping our overall offense - and that it complements our defense.  BB did add Jones, and thank goodness he's working out better than when BB added Haynesworth from the prior year. Will that help our secondary? You bet your bottom dollar - IF Jones and the front 7 can get to the opposing QB. Did that happen with Arizona? Nope. Does that change the fact that our secondary is arguably still the weakest component of the team? No, it doesn't.

I just don't think we have "it" in the secondary, and I don't think the coaching staff quite has "it" when it comes to a defense that opposing teams worry about.

I also don't buy into BB saving "it" during the regular season....and saving "it" for the playoffs.  If they can't do "it" in regular season - they have less of a chance of doing "it" in the playoffs.

IMO, the secondary is still the weakest part of this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What the #'s tell me:

1)       Rusty needs to S T * U with his constant and endless Brady Bashing.  We have the best Offence in Football.

2)      The Defense is better then last year.

3)      DMC still sucks,  Moore is useless, Arrington is a practice squad player and Chung blows. 

4)      Dennard is a keeper and will replace one of the shlubs above.

5)      Hopefully people see what actual TALENT at the RB position brings to the Offence.  You don't run simply to run, you need production in order for the Offence to succeed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I hope Dennard is moved into a starting corner. Manning kept going after him only to be denied every single time . The guy can flat out cover, it was nice to see him turn and make that play on the sideline too. Dennard is a keeper, he played well at Nebraska every game that I watched. Couldn't believe that he fell so far until hearing about his assault charge. He's with the right team to put all of that behind him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

For all the moaners...

NEW ENGLAND OFFENSE:

Ranked #1 in PPG and total points scored

#1 yards per game

#1 in 1st downs per game

Tied for 1st in 3rd downs made, 4th in 3rd down %

#1 in rushing attempts per game

8th rushing average (4.3 YPC)

#1 in rushing TD's (10)

#1 in rushing 1st downs

Tied for 4th in rushes over 20+ yards

9th in time of possesion

9th in Passing yards

Tommy is ranked 6th in passing %

6th most passing yards

Tied for 5th in average yards per pass

Tied for 6th in passing TD's

Tied at #1 for only one INT thrown

#3 for passing first downs

Tied at 7th for fewest sacks allowed

Tommy ranked 4th with a 102.8 passer rating

4th fewest for team fumbles

+10 on turnovers

21st in penalties

10 rushing TD's and 8 passing TD's; I'd call that balance.  In short we're the best offensive team in the NFL, but to listen to the meatballs here we have the worst O Line ever.

NEW ENGLAND DEFENSE:

Ranked 15th in PPG allowed

21st yards per game

Ranked 24th in 3rd down %

Tied at 8th for penalties

7th in defensive time of possesion

#2 forced fumbles

#1 fumbles recovered

#3 rushing average

8th in rushing yards per game

Tied for 3rd in fewest rushing TD's allowed

Tied for 5th in INT's

Tied for 19th in fewest sacks

25th in passing %

30th passing yards allowed

I don't want to hear how bad our defensive backfield is anymore, if you're saying it, you don't know squat about complimentary football.  We don't rush the passer, are ranked 19th in sacks and yet we're one of the best at intercepting passes and causing fumbles.

In short "bend don't break," we give up a lot of yards but we cause fumbles and INT's at a high rate.  BB uses a situational defense in the regular season, if the game is on the line he'll make every effort to stop the opposing team, otherwise he doesn't care about stats or your fantasy football team's defense.  He minimizes the big play and knows that his offense will outscore yours.  Expect that when the playoff's begin the defense will stiffen, just like previous years and they'll play at championship form.   All the moaners and Nancies should go root for the Browns, at least then they would have something to complain about.    

Woz,

Take all of your stats, roll them all up and they mean absolutely nothing. This team wins 10-11 games. Great! Do they go into Houston or Baltimore and win a playoff game? Do they beat the 49'ers or the Giants in the SB?  To me, that is all that matters. That is why I pick on Ridleys fumble rather than he gains 150 yards. The yards get to 11 wins. The fumble loses a playoff game. That is why I mention Wendell looking bad, rather than gaining 250 yards. 250 yards wins 11 games. The Center blowing 4-5 blocking assignments per game gets the QB injured and loses playoff games. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Unbelievable.

I strongly disagree with calling the Patriots chokers. I get emotional after losses occasionally and say stuff but always regret it. The only time I felt they may have "choked" was against the Jets in 2010. In 2006 the Pats were the 4 seed and had an amazing victory on the road against a powerful 1 seed charger team. In 2007 most fans thought it was a choke but not me. That 16th win against the Giants scared me. I was rooting for the Packers over the Giants 100% because I thought the Giants were the only team that could beat the Pats. History has now shown that they were no fluke just like Rams fans now realize that the Pats were no fluke in 2001. In 2011 the Pats were not nearly as good as they were in 2010. Neither the defense or the offense was as good in my opinion (or stastically in many categories). I have been confident about this team the whole way, even when they lost to the Ravens and the defense looked terrible i felt it was part of a learning curve. I think this team is the deepest since 2004 and can win the superbowl if the defense can continue to improve. I won't panic over yesterday. Manning has done that to great defenses like the Steelers so I hope, the young guys were smart enough to learn and the Pats can continue to improve.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

[/QUOTE]

I strongly disagree with calling the Patriots chokers. I get emotional after losses occasionally and say stuff but always regret it. The only time I felt they may have "choked" was against the Jets in 2010. In 2006 the Pats were the 4 seed and had an amazing victory on the road against a powerful 1 seed charger team. In 2007 most fans thought it was a choke but not me. That 16th win against the Giants scared me. I was rooting for the Packers over the Giants 100% because I thought the Giants were the only team that could beat the Pats. History has now shown that they were no fluke just like Rams fans now realize that the Pats were no fluke in 2001. In 2011 the Pats were not nearly as good as they were in 2010. Neither the defense or the offense was as good in my opinion (or stastically in many categories). I have been confident about this team the whole way, even when they lost to the Ravens and the defense looked terrible i felt it was part of a learning curve. I think this team is the deepest since 2004 and can win the superbowl if the defense can continue to improve. I won't panic over yesterday. Manning has done that to great defenses like the Steelers so I hope, the young guys were smart enough to learn and the Pats can continue to improve.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call them chokers at all, BUT, let's face it - there were certain teams that were built to beat the Patriot teams since 2005. We know that, even if there were no changes from the 2011 season, that the Patriots would win many regular season games. The question is - what is needed to beat those kryptonite teams? What is the lead box solution, if any?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

This team Rocks. Running, throwing, defense, Belichick is the man! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

Wow good post and I agree. Choke and disgrace are harsh words that are not easily applied to the Patriots. The only game that comes close was that 2010 Jets game. That loss was unfathomable.

Like the great Pedro Martinez said about the Yankees, the Giants are the Patriots' daddy. I, too was hoping for the Packers.

This year's team is good, maybe Belichick's best in a while. It's going to be a fun ride.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to BubbaInHawaii's comment:

I wouldn't call them chokers at all, BUT, let's face it - there were certain teams that were built to beat the Patriot teams since 2005. We know that, even if there were no changes from the 2011 season, that the Patriots would win many regular season games. The question is - what is needed to beat those kryptonite teams? What is the lead box solution, if any?

The solution is simple, make less mistakes. The Patriots don't get blown out very often, most of their playoff losses should have been wins if not for critical mistakes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I would say an improved defense would be huge. Even when the Pats were winning super bowls they all were close and came down to the end of the 4th quarter. Last year the team overachieved in my opinion. Considering the defense and their weak running game they probably had no business beating the Ravens, but they did. Pats Oline was awful in both super bowl losses after great regular seasons so there is no easy answer. Both SB losses they were outplayed by a fraction while in the SB wins they barely outplayed the competition. If Ridley is for real (I believe he is) than this team could be 2004 all over again. I see defensive improvement though i am not sure the stats are showing it. Average QB's now look average against the Pats and only one team has run on them well in 5 games (last year the Pats stats were not that great against the run believe it or not).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

I hope Dennard is moved into a starting corner. Manning kept going after him only to be denied every single time . The guy can flat out cover, it was nice to see him turn and make that play on the sideline too. Dennard is a keeper, he played well at Nebraska every game that I watched. Couldn't believe that he fell so far until hearing about his assault charge. He's with the right team to put all of that behind him.

exactly him and dowling im hoping for

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to 15315k's comment:

This team Rocks. Running, throwing, defense, Belichick is the man! 

agreed. but josh needs to get clear oon whats not working and change some of his tendencies

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

For all the moaners...

NEW ENGLAND OFFENSE:

Ranked #1 in PPG and total points scored

#1 yards per game

#1 in 1st downs per game

Tied for 1st in 3rd downs made, 4th in 3rd down %

#1 in rushing attempts per game

8th rushing average (4.3 YPC)

#1 in rushing TD's (10)

#1 in rushing 1st downs

Tied for 4th in rushes over 20+ yards

9th in time of possesion

9th in Passing yards

Tommy is ranked 6th in passing %

6th most passing yards

Tied for 5th in average yards per pass

Tied for 6th in passing TD's

Tied at #1 for only one INT thrown

#3 for passing first downs

Tied at 7th for fewest sacks allowed

Tommy ranked 4th with a 102.8 passer rating

4th fewest for team fumbles

+10 on turnovers

21st in penalties

10 rushing TD's and 8 passing TD's; I'd call that balance.  In short we're the best offensive team in the NFL, but to listen to the meatballs here we have the worst O Line ever.

NEW ENGLAND DEFENSE:

Ranked 15th in PPG allowed

21st yards per game

Ranked 24th in 3rd down %

Tied at 8th for penalties

7th in defensive time of possesion

#2 forced fumbles

#1 fumbles recovered

#3 rushing average

8th in rushing yards per game

Tied for 3rd in fewest rushing TD's allowed

Tied for 5th in INT's

Tied for 19th in fewest sacks

25th in passing %

30th passing yards allowed

Woz,

Take all of your stats, roll them all up and they mean absolutely nothing. This team wins 10-11 games. Great! Do they go into Houston or Baltimore and win a playoff game? Do they beat the 49'ers or the Giants in the SB?  To me, that is all that matters. That is why I pick on Ridleys fumble rather than he gains 150 yards. The yards get to 11 wins. The fumble loses a playoff game. That is why I mention Wendell looking bad, rather than gaining 250 yards. 250 yards wins 11 games. The Center blowing 4-5 blocking assignments per game gets the QB injured and loses playoff games. 

rkarp,

point!

and that is why i start a thread, nice win, howeva when you domionate  team that badly and they have a chnce to win, you have to look at why. and teh o.c. (same as in teh sb last year) is what held us back with arizona, balt, and some yesterday.

Sections
Shortcuts