Patriot State of the Union

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: Patriot State of the Union

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

What the #'s tell me:

1)       Rusty needs to S T * U with his constant and endless Brady Bashing.  We have the best Offence in Football.

2)      The Defense is better then last year.

3)      DMC still sucks,  Moore is useless, Arrington is a practice squad player and Chung blows. 

4)      Dennard is a keeper and will replace one of the shlubs above.

5)      Hopefully people see what actual TALENT at the RB position brings to the Offence.  You don't run simply to run, you need production in order for the Offence to succeed.

[/QUOTE]

absolutley.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Haven't read all of the posts here, so this may be repetitive. 

On offense hey look much improved and more committed to running the ball.  Yeah they are a game plan team and they take advantage of what the D is giving them, but they look like they WANT to run it and CAN impose their will.  Whether the new OC or the emergence of the young RBs, this offense has a different feel to it, and I like it. 

On D, there are some positives.  They seems to have more playmakers, particularly at DE, OLB and on front 7 in general.  But the thing that plagues them is the inconsisteny of their DBs.  McCourty looks strong one week and then reverts to a lesser version  of himself, you know, the guy that makes dumb mistakes such as not looking back at the ball while in coverage.  He needs to fix that.  Chung looks a step slow and out of place.  He doesn't seem himself.  Moore and Dowling need to step up, or maybe Dennard.  Someone needs to bring some consistency to that group.   I realise they can't be perect all the time, but they are Jekyll and Hyde, which is maddening. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not an an IT guy though I am A+ certified.  I guess we were watching different Super Bowls because the one I watched was losted when Welker dropped the ball or when Dink jumped off sides nullifying and Int in Giant territory or Maroney lite's inability to effectively run the ball.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not an an IT guy though I am A+ certified.  I guess we were watching different Super Bowls because the one I watched was losted when Welker dropped the ball or when Dink jumped off sides nullifying and Int in Giant territory or Maroney lite's inability to effectively run the ball.

[/QUOTE]

"losted"?  Was it lost on Brady's horrendous INT on 1st down in NY territory to a gimpy TE who can't jump or a Safety to start the game?

As for BJGE, he had less chances to run than Woodhead.  What is your nickname for Woodhead? "Faulk Lite"?  Leave the analysis up to the ones who have been watching the NFL for longer than 5 years.  You're a raging doofus.

PS Your music tastes is that of a 12 year old's. LOL

[/QUOTE]

Your funny Leon. Raging doofus...how 3rd grade, lol

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

There is no way BB should have went for it on fourth down and five yards to go.  With the fumble Denver got,the ball on our forty yard line.  For Manning that is like giving candy to a kid.  Can't blame the defense for that stupid call.  We may have pinned them down inside the ten yard line or worst case they would have got,the ball on the twenty.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I said before the season and will say it now, this is the best team in the belichick era. The offense can do anything and has complete balance. The young defense, loaded with playmakers is improving each week and forcing turnovers every week. 

This is a complete team, only injuries or the Patriots themselves can stop them.

[/QUOTE]

How VERY Rustylike.

[/QUOTE]

You are here for one thing only and that's to start trouble. Most of the people here were glad when you got the boot because we could focus on talking Patriots  instead of your childish games. I'm not Rusty, as I've told you several times, you are saying it to try and start an argument . I'm only going to post this one comment and move on again. I'm here to talk Patriots, you are not. You are also a coward who likes to stir up trouble behind the computor. I know you wouldn't actually do this to my face, if you did it would only be once.

I'm going to move on and talk football now with the othhere who are here to do the same. Get over yourself.

[/QUOTE]

What would you do if I called you Rusty to your face?

[/QUOTE]

Probably laugh. 

I would rather move on from this and just talk football though.

[/QUOTE]

Well then, cease with the face accounts Rusty, and talk football on one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

THe best offense in football has to do with McDaniels and RIdley/Bolden more so than Brady. Thank god McDaniels is back.   Brady is reined in, which was the key last year, and clearly this year.

All the kiddies and teenie boppers who don't know why we lost in the SB last year, exit to the right please.

Nothing like TCal and his IT geekdom lecturing me on the finer points of football.

[/QUOTE]
    Wrong, Brady's passes are setting up the run.  Luckily, they now have some backs that can take advantage of it, unlike your lover BJGE.

Maybe if you'd quit hatin on TB for taking the ball away from your sweetie, you'd be able to see clearly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

It's all of the above IMO. You put Brady with a running game and it's awesome. He's had to and done it by himself back there for years but it's not optimal. Brady is enjoying this as much as anyone, he's a total team player and knows they are even better now. I thought Brady has played near perfect games the last two weeks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Brady has always set up the run. Every defense that has limited or stopped us played rush 4 drop 7 ever since Brady got great offensive weapons for the 1st time in 07.

Unfortunately it took us 3 years to figure out the run has always been there. Whether you think this is due to scheme(play calling,relying too much on Brady) or you somehow think this offense has had a lack of talent??? You cannot discount the notion that every defense in the league realized the way to limit us was to cover the route trees as best you could with 7 defenders and hope you had a great 4 man package to get to Brady quickly enough.

I realize some of you will now say that Ridley combined with 2 undrafted FA RB's are now the most talented combo of "talent" in the league (and Ridley might be) but the fact is we have always had a great offensive line and always had the luxury of defense's focusing all their attention to stopping Brady. This is how that "bum" Maroney ran for 250 yards and 2 tds in 2 of the 3 most important games of the 2007 season...the 1 st 2 games of the playoffs.

I am happy BB realized the short comings of our recent offensive game plan and brought in a man whom Brady respects in order to restore SMASH MOUTH FOOTBALL back to my beloved team. Say what you want about this defense which is seeing the culmination of the rebuild after 3 tough years, but if we can continue to exploit the tendencies of other teams defense's to stay in smaller personnel packages( as they have for years) then we won't need the defense to Win a SB. We will score more then our recent 15.5 ppg average and dominate T.O.P like we should have been able to do in recent years. 

BB the GM is coming full circle and has started building this team around Defense and a run game. Brady will not be stopped, our defense will continue to gain valuable experience and we will win Lombardi #4. GO PATS

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I do not say that. I say they ran the ball a lot in 2010 (numbers do not lie) but they did not win because they did not have a good defense and last years defense was worse. They also ran the ball a ton in 2008. Bill did not forget anything. He helped the Pats get to the super bowl with the tools he had. Running BJGE and Woodhead (who is underrated here) 50 times a game last year would have not brought a better season to the Pats last year. i assume Belichek agrees or he would have done that. I said before and I will say it again thePerfect Pats team would be the late 90's Broncos with Elway and Davis and a very good defense. Keep Brady playing into his 40's. I disagree that Belichek ever forgot anything about football and did not know what he was doing. Everything O'Brien did was with Belichek's approval. They do not need McDaniels, he needs them. He was terrible in Denver and St Louis, the Pats would win just fine without McDaniels and they ran the ball fine under O'Brien in 2010. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Serious question.  Would you call Sunday's game "smashmouth"?  When I think of smashmouth, I think of tight formations with one or two TEs and a fullback.  Sunday we ran mostly out of spread formations.  In many ways, the formations (and even the running plays) were similar to last year's formations and plays.  It's just that we ran more and the run worked better.  The Tennessee game seemed more "smashmouth" to me.  This week seemed more like last year's offense, but with many more runs mixed in and more productivity when we did run.

Once the NFL posts the coaches film, I'll go back and review the game, but one thing I noticed from the stands on Sunday was how much they were running from formations with four receivers spread.  True, there were often two TEs in those spread formations, but this is no different from last year when Hernandez and Gronk were on the field most snaps.  This week it was simply Gronk and Fells.  

Watching from the stands, it looked to me like this offensive game plan was designed to keep the Broncos in pass defense mode and then run against them.  Last year we did much the same, but with less success.  I think Ridley is making a huge difference.   You saw that a bit when he was in last year too.  It's just that, for whatever reason, the coaches didn't seem to have full confidence in him.  I'm hoping the fumbling issue isn't chronic because that could get him benched again, but we really need a back with his skills to make this offense work.  Bolden has looked pretty good too, but it's Ridley, I think, who really has the explosiveness we need. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Serious question.  Would you call Sunday's game "smashmouth"?  When I think of smashmouth, I think of tight formations with one or two TEs and a fullback.  Sunday we ran mostly out of spread formations.  In many ways, the formations (and even the running plays) were similar to last year's formations and plays.  It's just that we ran more and the run worked better.  The Tennessee game seemed more "smashmouth" to me.  This week seemed more like last year's offense, but with many more runs mixed in and more productivity when we did run.

Once the NFL posts the coaches film, I'll go back and review the game, but one thing I noticed from the stands on Sunday was how much they were running from formations with four receivers spread.  True, there were often two TEs in those spread formations, but this is no different from last year when Hernandez and Gronk were on the field most snaps.  This week it was simply Gronk and Fells.  

Watching from the stands, it looked to me like this offensive game plan was designed to keep the Broncos in pass defense mode and then run against them.  Last year we did much the same, but with less success.  I think Ridley is making a huge difference.   You saw that a bit when he was in last year too.  It's just that, for whatever reason, the coaches didn't seem to have full confidence in him.  I'm hoping the fumbling issue isn't chronic because that could get him benched again, but we really need a back with his skills to make this offense work.  Bolden has looked pretty good too, but it's Ridley, I think, who really has the explosiveness we need. 

Pro, they did change it up some this week with only using the 2 TE sets on about 30 snaps compared to 58 or so in other games..  Branch/Welker had some nice blocks to assist the backs and another example of the pass setting up the run.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Pass setting up the run?  You'd say anything not to be wrong...

The Pats came out against Denver (shotgun) passed 5 times, completed a first down with the first pass to Gronk then went three and out.  Punt!

Came out the second time on their 16 yard line; ran 7 times, passed 5 times drove the entire length of the field and scored.

Yes, I would call 28 rushes by Ridely, 14 rushes by Bolden and 7 more by Woody "smash mouth."

Yeah O'Brien ran plenty in 2010 and then didn't run it at all in the first round bounce against the Jets... how was that a good thing again, was that a "balanced" attack?  

He was blatantly obvious; his run play calling consisted of a sweep and nothing more, when Law Firm came on the field it was a run, when Woody came out it was a pass.  In short, he blew...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

THe best offense in football has to do with McDaniels and RIdley/Bolden more so than Brady. Thank god McDaniels is back.   Brady is reined in, which was the key last year, and clearly this year.

All the kiddies and teenie boppers who don't know why we lost in the SB last year, exit to the right please.

Nothing like TCal and his IT geekdom lecturing me on the finer points of football.

[/QUOTE]

Do you have any idea how insane your premise is?  You've argued the offense has failed since 2007.  Who was coordinator then?  In addition this notion that if we don't run the ball it's Brady's fault and if we do it's because our 35 year old offensive coordinator is somehow forcing him is nonsense.  You honestly believe our 35 year old coordinator can "control" Brady more than our 60 year old first ballot hall of fame head coach?  No matter how the offense is run you have a way to bash Brady.  Your agenda here is painfully obvious.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Wozzy you must be Carpenter, you seem to hit the nail on the head everytime.

[/QUOTE]

Truth hits like a hammer...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Looks pretty good to me, just keep running, and winning.

Can't wait to play the jests and rack up 300 yrads on that putrid defense.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats came out against Denver (shotgun) passed 5 times, completed a first down with the first pass to Gronk then went three and out.  Punt!

Came out the second time on their 16 yard line; ran 7 times, passed 5 times drove the entire length of the field and scored.

Yes, I would call 28 rushes by Ridely, 14 rushes by Bolden and 7 more by Woody "smash mouth."

Yeah O'Brien ran plenty in 2010 and then didn't run it at all in the first round bounce against the Jets... how was that a good thing again, was that a "balanced" attack?  

He was blatantly obvious; his run play calling consisted of a sweep and nothing more, when Law Firm came on the field it was a run, when Woody came out it was a pass.  In short, he blew...

[/QUOTE]

No, you'd say anything to prove your run first at all cost agenda and you are wrong.  The Pats are taking what the D's are giving them.  The D's are playing PASS, which makes it easier and benificial to run, now that they have backs that can actually run a little.

They are more afraid of Brady's arm.  Do you get it yet?  Doubtful, but oh well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I can't wait for the playoffs when this offense has had a full season playing together, Lloyd hasn't scratched the surface of what he can do yet and this O Line is getting better every day.  Also I can't wait to see this defense let loose. This is the year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, you'd say anything to prove your run first at all cost agenda and you are wrong.  The Pats are taking what the D's are giving them.  The D's are playing PASS, which makes it easier and benificial to run, now that they have backs that can actually run a little.

They are more afraid of Brady's arm.  Do you get it yet?  Doubtful, but oh well.

[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they were afraid of Ridley Sunday because he was gashing them.  You wouldn't know good offense from bad, finesse from smashmouth if you saw it because of your fascination with fantasy stats...

As to whether I'm wrong, the playoffs will prove that definitively, but from where I'm sitting this team is substantially better than the last few because of Josh McDaniel's and his play calling.  

This year's Patriots would have rammed it down last year's Giant's throat; not throw an INT to start the 4th quarter then go three and out 3 more times when it mattered most.  O'Brien was a choke artist, he was the beneficiary of Tom Brady and a veteran offense whereas Josh makes Tom Brady better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I said before the season and will say it now, this is the best team in the belichick era. The offense can do anything and has complete balance. The young defense, loaded with playmakers is improving each week and forcing turnovers every week. 

This is a complete team, only injuries or the Patriots themselves can stop them.

[/QUOTE]

How VERY Rustylike.

[/QUOTE]

You are here for one thing only and that's to start trouble. Most of the people here were glad when you got the boot because we could focus on talking Patriots  instead of your childish games. I'm not Rusty, as I've told you several times, you are saying it to try and start an argument . I'm only going to post this one comment and move on again. I'm here to talk Patriots, you are not. You are also a coward who likes to stir up trouble behind the computor. I know you wouldn't actually do this to my face, if you did it would only be once.

I'm going to move on and talk football now with the othhere who are here to do the same. Get over yourself.

[/QUOTE]

What would you do if I called you Rusty to your face?

[/QUOTE]

Probably laugh. 

I would rather move on from this and just talk football though.

[/QUOTE]

Well then, cease with the face accounts Rusty, and talk football on one.

[/QUOTE

I will continue to use this, my one and only account. You will continue to start trouble here and remain the forum troll. I will ask you again to leave me alone unless you want to talk Patriots.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

"Yeah O'Brien ran plenty in 2010 and then didn't run it at all in the first round bounce against the Jets... how was that a good thing again, was that a "balanced" attack?

He was blatantly obvious; his run play calling consisted of a sweep and nothing more, when Law Firm came on the field it was a run, when Woody came out it was a pass. In short, he blew...

I'm pretty sure they were afraid of Ridley Sunday because he was gashing them. You wouldn't know good offense from bad, finesse from smashmouth if you saw it because of your fascination with fantasy stats...

As to whether I'm wrong, the playoffs will prove that definitively, but from where I'm sitting this team is substantially better than the last few because of Josh McDaniel's and his play calling.

This year's Patriots would have rammed it down last year's Giant's throat; not throw an INT to start the 4th quarter then go three and out 3 more times when it mattered most. O'Brien was a choke artist, he was the beneficiary of Tom Brady and a veteran offense whereas Josh makes Tom Brady better."

Ridiculous. first you claim they did not run the ball under O'Brien but when faced with the facts you now say it's not that he did not run a lot but he was not creative when he ran. So the fact that the Pats were one of the best running teams in the NFL in 2010 was because of Brady (you are slowly admitting the truth finally). Then why were they not great at running the ball last year, Brady was still there. Why abandon it as you say. They were very balanced in 2010 (you were wrong about that of course but let's not dwell on it too long). McDaniels, for such a genius, was awful in Denver and in St Loius, but is now a genius again. I wonder why, no I don't. It's because of Belichek and Brady.

Sections
Shortcuts