patriots 2011 draft???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

patriots 2011 draft???

two questions, what picks do we have right now, and what are we going to do with them. i don't want a running back til like second round i want a defensive end or something to help our pass rush i also wouldnt mind getting a good receiver in the first round if moss goes and price doesnt do as good as expected. what are your thoughts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: patriots 2011 draft???

Well, first off you have to play the season to find out where we pick. 

We have Oaklands #1 for sure and a wild guess is Carolina's #2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

WAYYYYYY too soon.

(1) the 2010-2011 season hasn't even STARTED
    (2) we don't know where we would be drafting anyways
    (3) we don't know which prospects will step up and develop next year in college
    (4) THE 2010-2011 SEASON HASN'T EVEN STARTED

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

it is too early to know where we pick, however it is not too early to watch college prospects and start to develop a list of players to look at.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Enough to rebuild the OL and DL. 

No RBs, WR, QBs or CBs. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hammer219. Show hammer219's posts

In my opinion, they need to address the O-line. They haven't been able to stand up to good teams since the Super Bowl. If you wanna make sure we get the best out of our skill positions, we need a top O-line. Gotta run. Gotta pass.Build around Vollmer . . . he's a career left tackle. Get Makins back in the fold and we have a very good left side. The right side need to be completely built . . . the players we have are workman at best (withholding judgement on the new guys who haven't yet really played).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: patriots 2011 draft???:
    Enough to rebuild the OL and DL.  No RBs, WR, QBs or CBs. 
    Posted by 49Patriots

RB - very strong in late 1st to 2nd rounds.
    WR - two high picks.
    QB - Locker and Mallett are top 10 if they build on last year.
    CB - about like this past year.
    The highlight going into the season is the DL. 

Locker will have plenty of attention this year as folks were wondering if he would enter the 2010 draft.  He's been put through some scrutiny already so not much is going to hurt his stock.  It's still open season on the others so a lot can change.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I say we trade a 2nd round and Maroney for Steven Jackson this year. Jackson would be a 1300 yard 12 td guy for us immediately. This trade would make since for both teams.

Or honestly a 1st round pick for Jackson straight up. He is worth it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

no it wouldn't. jackson is worth alot more than a 2nd and maroney.  He can run and catch and is the entire offense of the rams. he is worth at least a 1st, 3rd and maroney

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

heres some players we might want to take a look at:

Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina (Junior)
    Height: 6’5″ Weight: 260 Projection: 1st Round

Strengths:
    Incredible burst and athleticism – Quick off the snap – Very productive as a sophomore – Decent run stopper – Sheds blockers well – 4.5 speed.

Weaknesses:
    Needs to add some bulk to play DE, or work on coverage as OLB – Prior benign brain tumor could cause concern.

Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State (Senior)
    Height: 6’6″ Weight: 288 Projection: 1st Round

Strengths:
    Great bloodlines – Big frame with room to add bulk – Versatile, can play the 3 or 5 technique – Very stout at the LOS – Initial quickness – Good use of hands – Elite motor – Smart player.

Weaknesses:
    Needs to expand repertoire of pass-rush moves and counters – Long speed needs improvement to make plays down the line and down field – Needs to keep his base, jumps too often – Can refine technique.

2009 Stats:
    6 Sacks / 10 TFL

Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa (Senior)
    Height: 6’3″ Weight: 285 Projection: 1st Round

Last Updated: April 26th, 2010

Strengths:
    Dominant at the LOS – Plays in the opponents backfield – Uses hands well – Pursues well laterally and down the field – High motor – Can release from blocks – Decent repertoire of rush moves – Disrupts passing lanes – Very coachable. Can play 3-4 or 4-3

Weaknesses:
    Could add some bulk – Can improve play diagnosis – Small off-field issue concerning assault arrest (not disciplined by team).

2009 Stats:
    11.5 Sacks / 20 TFL / 4 Forced Fumbles

Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama (Junior)
    Height: 5’10″ Weight: 212 Projection: 1st Round

Strengths:
    Catches the ball well out of the backfield – Elite initial burst – Good field vision on finding cutback lanes – Doesn’t dance in the backfield – Has a 2nd gear – Doesn’t fumble the ball – Very powerful.

Weaknesses:
    Struggles to retain balance after contact – Pass protection skills need polish – High mileage for a junior.

2009 Stats:
    6.1 average, 1658 yards, 17 TD’s, 32 receptions

Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia (Senior)
    Height: 5’8″ Weight: 176 Projection: 2nd-3rd Round

Strengths: Elite top-end speed and acceleration – Very shifty, will make defenders miss – Can catch the ball out of the backfield – Cannot be covered by a LB – Excellent return skills – Determined runner, gives 100% each snap.

Weaknesses: Too small to be an every down NFL RB – System experience – Needs to improve his blocking – Will occasionally lose yards trying to make something out of nothing.

2009 Stats:
    13 Touchdowns, 1465 Yards, 6.1 Average

Owen Marecic, FB/ILB, Stanford
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 244.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.74.
    Projected Round (2011): 6-7.

5/15/10: One of the tougher players in college football, Owen Marecic will actually be playing both offense (fullback) and defense (inside linebacker) in 2010. Some team needs to have him on its NFL roster come 2011.

DeVier Posey*, WR, Ohio State
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 205.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.49.
    Projected Round (2011): 2.

3/31/10: Has the production to match his impressive size and solid speed - caught 60 balls for 828 yards and eight touchdowns as a sophomore. Often used as a QB in trick plays.

Kristofer O'Dowd, C, USC
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 298.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.07.
    Projected Round (2010): 1-2.

Ugo Chinasa, Oklahoma State OLB
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 252.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.62.
    Projected Round (2011): 3-4.

5/7/10: Had a solid junior campaign; collected nine TFL and 6.5 sacks. Better in the 3-4, but can function in a 4-3.

11/15/09: Has lots of athleticism and talent, but has never shown it on the field. Has just three sacks as a junior.

2/12/09: Ugo Chinasa has great measurables and managed 8.5 TFL as a sophomore, but collected just two sacks in 2008.

Matt Conrath*, Virginia DE
    Height: 6-7. Weight: 270.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.73.
    Projected Round (2011): 6-7.

Kai Forbath, K, UCLA
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 192.
    Projected Round (2010): 5-FA.

5/15/10: Kai Forbath hit 28-of-31 field goals in 2009, with his only misses coming from 50-plus, where he was 3-of-6.

Lee Ziemba, OT Auburn
    Height: 6-8. Weight: 310.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
    Projected Round (2010): 2.

Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    Height: 6-9. Weight: 305.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.84.
    Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

4/3/10: A raw left tackle prospect who has tons of athleticism. Was an All-Big XII first-teamer.

Charlie Gantt, TE, Michigan State
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 248.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
    Projected Round (2011): 3-4.

4/3/10: A terrific blocker, Charlie Gantt hauled in 22 receptions for 348 yards and two scores in 2009.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I say we trade a 2nd round and Maroney for Steven Jackson this year. Jackson would be a 1300 yard 12 td guy for us immediately. This trade would make since for both teams. Or honestly a 1st round pick for Jackson straight up. He is worth it.
    Posted by TrueChamp

If you're the Rams do you make this trade?  I wouldn't.  It's time to belly up to the bar buddy.  I've got a stud you want you better wow me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think he's asking how many 1st rounders, 2nd rounders etc.  I know the Pats have 2 firsts in 2011 (their own and Raiders).  I can't remember for sure but I think they have 2 2nd rounders.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: patriots 2011 draft??? : If you're the Rams do you make this trade?  I wouldn't.  It's time to belly up to the bar buddy.  I've got a stud you want you better wow me.
    Posted by garytx

Ahh maybe your right. Just going on history we have made some unbelievable trades:
    Corey Dillion for a 2nd
    Randy for a 4rth LOL
    WW for a 2nd
    Bledsoe,Branch,Seymour for 1sts LOL

Maybe I'm being unrealistic but I just think if the Rams could get a young 1st rd runner like Maroney with over 20 rushing tds to his name and valuable experience in a great system with a 2nd rd pick for a guy that will probably be leaving soon anyway then why wouldn't they do it? Also as I said if I were BB I would send a 1st for SJ he is worth it. I am not being ignorant to his talent level I believe he is a top 3 rb in the game. I just wonder if the Rams know it?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Below is an early list that I’ve begun to compile (with input from other posters).  It’s basically a list of the top draft eligible player at each position heading into the 2011 season, it’s also fluid and can/will change based on how players perform this season.   Feel free to add:

Michael Floyd- WR- Notre Dame
    Julio Jones- WR-
    Alabama

Austin Pettis- WR- Boise State

Jonathan Baldwin- WR- Pitt

Ryan Broyles- WR- Oklahoma

A.J. Green- WR- Georgia

Mark Ingram- RB- Alabama

Noel Devine- RB- West Virginia

Ryan Williams- RB- Virginia Tech

Daniel Thomas- RB- Kansas State

Evan Royster- RB- Penn State

Demarco Murray- RB- Oklahoma

Allen Bradford- RB- USC

Kyle Rudolph- TE- Notre Dame

Owen Marecic- FB- Stanford

Stanley Havili- FB- USC
    Jake Locker- QB- Washington

Ryan Mallet- QB- Arkansas

Andrew Luck- QB- Stanford

John Brantley- QB- Florida

Blaine Gabbert- QB- Missouri
    Christian Ponder- QB- FSU

Greg Romeus- DE- Pitt

Marcel Dareus- DE- Alabama

Adrian Clayborn- DE – Iowa

Jarvis Jenkins- DE- Clemson

Cameron Jordan- DE- Cal
    Jared Crick- DT/DE- Nebraska

Allen Bailey- DT/DE- Miami

Marvin Austin- DT/DE- UNC

Cameron Heyward- DT/DE- Ohio State

Ryan Kerrigan- DE/OLB- Purdue

Robert Quinn- DE/OLB- UNC

Quan Sturdivant- ILB- North Carolina

Mark Herlzich- OLB- Boston College

Cliff Mathews- OLB- South Carolina

Akeem Ayers- OLB- UCLA

Chris Galippo- ILB- USC

Dante Hightower- LB- Alabama

Patrick Peterson- CB- LSU

Prince Amukamara- CB- Nebraska

Tyler Sash- S- Iowa

Mark Barron- S- Alabama

Rahim Moore- S- UCLA

Anthony Castonzo- OT- Boston College

Gabe Carimi- OT- Wisconsin

Matt Reynolds- OT- BYU

Nate Solder- OT- Colorado U

Nate Potter- OT- Boise State

Mike Pouncey- C- Florida

Justin Boren- C- Ohio State

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

heres some players we might want to take a look at: Robert Quinn, DE/OLB, North Carolina (Junior) Height: 6’5″ Weight: 260 Projection: 1st Round Strengths: Incredible burst and athleticism – Quick off the snap – Very productive as a sophomore – Decent run stopper – Sheds blockers well – 4.5 speed. Weaknesses: Needs to add some bulk to play DE, or work on coverage as OLB – Prior benign brain tumor could cause concern. Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State (Senior) Height: 6’6″ Weight: 288 Projection: 1st Round Strengths: Great bloodlines – Big frame with room to add bulk – Versatile, can play the 3 or 5 technique – Very stout at the LOS – Initial quickness – Good use of hands – Elite motor – Smart player. Weaknesses: Needs to expand repertoire of pass-rush moves and counters – Long speed needs improvement to make plays down the line and down field – Needs to keep his base, jumps too often – Can refine technique. 2009 Stats: 6 Sacks / 10 TFL Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa (Senior) Height: 6’3″ Weight: 285 Projection: 1st Round Last Updated: April 26th, 2010 Strengths: Dominant at the LOS – Plays in the opponents backfield – Uses hands well – Pursues well laterally and down the field – High motor – Can release from blocks – Decent repertoire of rush moves – Disrupts passing lanes – Very coachable. Can play 3-4 or 4-3 Weaknesses: Could add some bulk – Can improve play diagnosis – Small off-field issue concerning assault arrest (not disciplined by team). 2009 Stats: 11.5 Sacks / 20 TFL / 4 Forced Fumbles   Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama (Junior) Height: 5’10″ Weight: 212 Projection: 1st Round Strengths: Catches the ball well out of the backfield – Elite initial burst – Good field vision on finding cutback lanes – Doesn’t dance in the backfield – Has a 2nd gear – Doesn’t fumble the ball – Very powerful. Weaknesses: Struggles to retain balance after contact – Pass protection skills need polish – High mileage for a junior. 2009 Stats: 6.1 average, 1658 yards, 17 TD’s, 32 receptions Noel Devine, RB, West Virginia (Senior) Height: 5’8″ Weight: 176 Projection: 2nd-3rd Round Strengths: Elite top-end speed and acceleration – Very shifty, will make defenders miss – Can catch the ball out of the backfield – Cannot be covered by a LB – Excellent return skills – Determined runner, gives 100% each snap. Weaknesses: Too small to be an every down NFL RB – System experience – Needs to improve his blocking – Will occasionally lose yards trying to make something out of nothing. 2009 Stats: 13 Touchdowns, 1465 Yards, 6.1 Average Owen Marecic, FB/ILB, Stanford Height: 6-1. Weight: 244. Projected 40 Time: 4.74. Projected Round (2011): 6-7. 5/15/10: One of the tougher players in college football, Owen Marecic will actually be playing both offense (fullback) and defense (inside linebacker) in 2010. Some team needs to have him on its NFL roster come 2011. DeVier Posey*, WR, Ohio State Height: 6-3. Weight: 205. Projected 40 Time: 4.49. Projected Round (2011): 2. 3/31/10: Has the production to match his impressive size and solid speed - caught 60 balls for 828 yards and eight touchdowns as a sophomore. Often used as a QB in trick plays. Kristofer O'Dowd, C, USC Height: 6-5. Weight: 298. Projected 40 Time: 5.07. Projected Round (2010): 1-2. Ugo Chinasa, Oklahoma State OLB Height: 6-5. Weight: 252. Projected 40 Time: 4.62. Projected Round (2011): 3-4. 5/7/10: Had a solid junior campaign; collected nine TFL and 6.5 sacks. Better in the 3-4, but can function in a 4-3. 11/15/09: Has lots of athleticism and talent, but has never shown it on the field. Has just three sacks as a junior. 2/12/09: Ugo Chinasa has great measurables and managed 8.5 TFL as a sophomore, but collected just two sacks in 2008. Matt Conrath*, Virginia DE Height: 6-7. Weight: 270. Projected 40 Time: 4.73. Projected Round (2011): 6-7. Kai Forbath, K, UCLA Height: 6-0. Weight: 192. Projected Round (2010): 5-FA. 5/15/10: Kai Forbath hit 28-of-31 field goals in 2009, with his only misses coming from 50-plus, where he was 3-of-6. Lee Ziemba, OT Auburn Height: 6-8. Weight: 310. Projected 40 Time: 5.15. Projected Round (2010): 2. Nate Solder, OT, Colorado Height: 6-9. Weight: 305. Projected 40 Time: 4.84. Projected Round (2010): 2-3. 4/3/10: A raw left tackle prospect who has tons of athleticism. Was an All-Big XII first-teamer. Charlie Gantt, TE, Michigan State Height: 6-5. Weight: 248. Projected 40 Time: 4.80. Projected Round (2011): 3-4. 4/3/10: A terrific blocker, Charlie Gantt hauled in 22 receptions for 348 yards and two scores in 2009.
    Posted by natesubs

I'm not sure how good your prospects are because I'm not really a fan of college football, but I see you have a lot of undersize DLmen. 

Belichick typically likes his DL at, at least, 6'2 300+ pounds. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i say trade both first rounders to Arizona for Larry fitzgerald. heck do it before this season even starts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: patriots 2011 draft??? : Ahh maybe your right. Just going on history we have made some unbelievable trades: Corey Dillion for a 2nd Randy for a 4rth LOL WW for a 2nd Bledsoe,Branch,Seymour for 1sts LOL Maybe I'm being unrealistic but I just think if the Rams could get a young 1st rd runner like Maroney with over 20 rushing tds to his name and valuable experience in a great system with a 2nd rd pick for a guy that will probably be leaving soon anyway then why wouldn't they do it? Also as I said if I were BB I would send a 1st for SJ he is worth it. I am not being ignorant to his talent level I believe he is a top 3 rb in the game. I just wonder if the Rams know it?
    Posted by TrueChamp

Although the Rams have made more than their share of blunders I think they would know what they have in Jackson.  If I'm in control of the team I'm probably worried about my job and Jackson is my ticket to keeping it.  So if you trade him you are going to have to do something that would satisify the fan base.  I imagine that cost would be quite high.  Simply, one would have to over pay. 

If I'm optimistic about my team I would want to hold on to my RB.  He's young so why would I want to give him away if I can rebuild this thing in a short amount of time?  Just another way of looking at it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

i say trade both first rounders to Arizona for Larry fitzgerald. heck do it before this season even starts.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

i would LOVE that i just don't see them giving up there best player on the team when that offense is going to be weak from losing boldin and warner. But i do like that idea