Patriots 2011 draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Patriots 2011 draft

Listed are the Nine players that make sense (IMO) that will improve the team via the draft.....didnt post any possible trades...you can if you wish...

1a) J J Watt
    1b) Brooks Reed
    2a)Rodney Hudson
    2b)James Carpenter
    3a) Kendall Hunter
    3b)B Burton
    4) Rackley
    5) S Keo
    6) R Stanzi

On 5/1  can look at these and Laugh.....but its what i would do...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Patriots 2011 draft

17: Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia
    28: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St
    33: Cameron Heyward, DL, Ohio St
    60: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
    74: Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas St
    92: Jalil Brown, DB, Colorado
    125: Tim Barnes, C/G, Missouri
    159: Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma
    193: Jamie Harper, RB, Clemson

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Houston at 17?  Way too high. Are you passing over Kerrigan?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

do you see Watkins at 60 due to age issue only? If younger is he a higher pick?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I like Houston! I'd pick him at 17. 6'3" 260Lb OLB with great quickness!
    It's all about speed and pressuring the QB. 

Offensive Lineman at 28 in the 1st Rd is good considering all the question marks surrounding the Pats Oline.  

Maybe the Pats flip it around and get Pouncy at 17 and Houston at 28.

With 2 picks in each of the first three rounds Bill can certainly wheel and deal!

This is really THE BIG DRAFT as far as I'm concerned. Time is finite for both Brady and Belichick. The future is now! They need to come out with three 
    top flight players (Potential starters). Two other guys they can add for depth as well. That's five guys making the roster next year. 

They must upgrade at OLB from Nickovich, Murrell and TBC!!!!!!!! These guys are back ups not starters. They need a Pro bowl caliber pass rushing OLB. Period!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

This is the bar I've set ================

This is where you guys are================

In summation GO BIG OR GO HOME!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots 2011 draft:
    [QUOTE]Houston at 17?  Way too high. Are you passing over Kerrigan?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I made that Pats mock with the idea of Kerrigan and Smith off the board. If available, I'd Smith first, Kerrigan second, and Houston third. Houston will go somewhere between 14 and 24.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]do you see Watkins at 60 due to age issue only? If younger is he a higher pick?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]
    Watkins will drop because of his age and because of the other good guard talent that is younger, Pouncey, Ijalana, Franklin, Rackley, Boling, Wisniewski, Hudson, and Cannon.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]I like Houston! I'd pick him at 17. 6'3" 260Lb OLB with great quickness! It's all about speed and pressuring the QB.  Offensive Lineman at 28 in the 1st Rd is good considering all the question marks surrounding the Pats Oline.   Maybe the Pats flip it around and get Pouncy at 17 and Houston at 28. With 2 picks in each of the first three rounds Bill can certainly wheel and deal! This is really THE BIG DRAFT as far as I'm concerned. Time is finite for both Brady and Belichick. The future is now! They need to come out with three  top flight players (Potential starters). Two other guys they can add for depth as well. That's five guys making the roster next year.  They must upgrade at OLB from Nickovich, Murrell and TBC!!!!!!!! These guys are back ups not starters. They need a Pro bowl caliber pass rushing OLB. Period!
    Posted by ronf[/QUOTE]

Guard is deep in this draft, strong in the first, second, and third rounds. OT has good first and third round talent. If the Pats want immediate impact, they should go OT first and OG 2nd/3rd. It's important to draft an OLB in the first since really after Smith/Houston/Kerrigan, the rest are tough projections. Acho, Sheard, Reed, and Wilson could be strong 2nd round candidates but after that there really isn't anything until the developmental picks at the end of the 4th through the end of the draft. There are some potentially great developmental options, though, Greg Romeus (First round talent, injury drop), Ricky Elmore (Reed's bookend at Arizona), Pierre Allen, Ugo Chinasa (Crable 2.0), Cliff Mathews, Jeremy Beal (Mr. Patriot),  Cheta Ozougwu, Bruce Miller, Thomas Keiser, Mark Herzlich (our favorite BC player), etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

sorry for the confusion.....this was intended to list your player draft..  so we can see how you compare to BB......anyone can make points but that has been done
    ob the other posts.....and i want to laugh at all of us after the draft...

Thanks for the posts...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

cmon people  dont be scared.....no one will laugh at your picks...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Jordan, Watkins, Leshore

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Well you asked for it so here it goes

#12 - J.J. Watt DE - If he makes it past Hou and Dal it's still no guaranty that Stl or Jax doesn't take him or that SD won't move up for him. Minn is looking long and hard at Locker as their future QB but at #12 that might be to soon to bit. With no 3rd round pick they take the Pats 3rd and #18 to move back to get Locker. I know the points don't add up but Minn gets their QB and a free 3rd so it benefits both sides.

#17 - See trade above

#28 - Brooks Reed OLB - He's this years Matthews and there is no way BB doesn't grab his one regret in not drafting Clay. Many think this pick gets traded and it very well could be but with #28 and #33, 33 looks like the better value to trade back. Looking from 29-32 I don't see a team that would trade to a QB hungry and miss out grabbing someone in the back end of the 1st. I also don't see Reed getting past the Jets if he's still there so take him while you can and run.

#33 - Traded to Tenn with #125 for #39 and 2012 1st. I see 2 of 3 between Buf, Ari, and Cinn not grabbing a QB in the 1st. Ii also see Ponder making to #33. Tenn needs a smart boy scout type QB that works hard and doesn't make waves. Ponder fits that to a T but there is no chance he makes it to #39. Asking a 2nd and a 1st next year is a ransom so you have to toss in the 4th to balance it out slightly but still heavily favors the Pats (for reference the Pats traded 328 to the 49ers for a 4th and a 1st next year in a much weaker draft which the 9ers took a T)

#39 - Traded to Cinn for #101 and a 2012 2nd. Cinn gets their WR in the 1st and a QB in the early 2nd but they need help at G, T, S, DL, ILB. DL is most likely gone and same with T but the top rated S, ILB and some of the top G's are still on the board. They move back into the 2nd to grab Watkins, Cannon, Wilson, or Carter.

#60 - James Carpenter G/T. Carpenter most likely will become a G in the league and with no top end T's left he adds flexibility to move outside to RT or stay inside at G

#74 - Tyler Sash S. Sash is Meriweathers replacement. He has the coverage ability to be a FS and the frame to be a SS. He's a flex S who fits the Pats system of switching out coverage and using 3 S sets at times

#92 - Traded for #12

#101 - Darius Morris G/T. I'm going to get a lot of who's here but Morris is a guy who's played all line position but C. He can play either side of the G and if needed could play RT as a backup. He's a project but he has a ton of talent and upside with the right coaching

#125 - Traded for #39

#159 - Vigil Green TE. This kid is really raw and needs work but he has good speed and size and decent building blocks to work off of. He's the project type of TE that BB allows likes to grab in the later rounds

#168 - Zane Taylor C. This kid looked great in drills and the Pats have shown interest. He could be the future replacement for Koppen so they move up in the 6th to make sure they get him. In doing so they give up their 6th this year and next year.

#193 - Traded see above

So in the end they come out with Watt, Reed, Carpenter, Sash, Morris, Green, and Taylor with an additional 1st and 2nd next year. So #33 turns into a 1st and 2nd next year along with Morris. Not a bad haul I'd say since it originally was #89 lol 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Jordan, Watkins, Leshore
    Posted by 123meg[/QUOTE]

That'd be great, but what about OLB?

Jordan, Brooks Reed, Moffitt, Daniel Thomas?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

A pats draft without trades is like pancakes without syrup it's just missing something. any truth to the rumors I hear that there may be no more drafts after this year, if the cba goes the players way?

good mocks

Id lean towards kyle clerics being the most realistic, but alot of possibilities there. can't wait

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

I think they pass on trading up for Watt because of the agent.  Almost impossible to do a Pats mock.  My guess is they come up with one or two of these names in no order:

Mo Wilkerson Temple or Kenrick Ellis Hampton DE
    Jaiqwan Jarrett S Temple
    Brandon Harris DB Miami
    Alex Green RB Hawaii
    Auston Pettis WR Boise St.
    Brandon Fusco C/G Slippery Rock
    Rickey Stanzi QB Iowa

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

my two cents:
    17.Ryan Kerrigan - DE
    28. JJ Watt or Cameron Heyward - DE
    33.Bradon Harris - CB
    60.Leonard Hankerson - WR
    74.Mark Herzlich - OLB
    92. Joseph Barksdale - OT
    4th Rd. John Moffit  -OG
    5th Rd. Clint Boling - OG
    6th Rd. Pat Devlin or Mike Hartline – QB

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

nice thread! great read everybody!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm not going try and guess whom the Patriots take because I know i have little or no insight into the thought process of BB and staff. I will say he loves players from schools where his former staff members work,with that in mind these are a couple of players to watch Pouncey,Clayborn,Stanzi,Carter,Carpenter,Ingram,Julio Jones. My best guess is he takes Pouncey with #17 and provided he doesn't trade #28 Clayborn will be available at that point,#33 is his most valuable pick so he will probably trade out of that spot and try and gain a first round pick for next year and either a second or third round pick for this year. #60 is predicated upon what happens at #33. He will hope that either Stanzi or McElroy are available later in the draft. Hey but like I said in the beginning of my post I'm not a Physcic nor do I play one on TV...though I have stayed at several Holiday Inns!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

A lot of people have us picking Reed at 28...I don't think he lasts that long. Pass rushers go fast, especially ones that have production, size, speed and look like they can get around the corner. With so many teams playing the 34, no way he's still around, especially when he looks and plays like Clay Mathews.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of people have us picking Reed at 28...I don't think he lasts that long. Pass rushers go fast, especially ones that have production, size, speed and look like they can get around the corner. With so many teams playing the 34, no way he's still around, especially when he looks and plays like Clay Mathews.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

agreed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]17: Justin Houston, OLB, Georgia 28: Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St 33: Cameron Heyward, DL, Ohio St 60: Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor 74: Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas St 92: Jalil Brown, DB, Colorado 125: Tim Barnes, C/G, Missouri 159: Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma 193: Jamie Harper, RB, Clemson
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

I see #17 is way too low for houston. Most mocks that I've seen have him going in high in second round. Would much rather see Watts or Cameron Jordan at #17. I'd also go with Nate Solder at #28 over Sherrod.