Patriot's 2012 Offseason

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotsbb12b81m83w. Show patriotsbb12b81m83w's posts

Patriot's 2012 Offseason

Does anybody know the Patriots salary cap for this offsesason? And who should we sign, who should we try to trade for and who should we cut?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Patriot's 2012 Offseason

they have a good amount of space in cap room....hopefully they use it on a receiver and maybe a pass rusher to help out vince...i do hope they bring carter and anderson also....will be interesting to see what they do with the 4 picks they have in the first two rounds

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Here's a link. http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2012/02/nfl-salary-cap-projections-for-2012-season.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Wow, Oakland and Steelers!  Jets and Jints not looking too good either.
    Gonna be another good year, Pats fans.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Patriot's 2012 Offseason:
    [QUOTE]Wow, Oakland and Steelers!  Jets and Jints not looking too good either. Gonna be another good year, Pats fans.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

it is looking good so far ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a link. http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2012/02/nfl-salary-cap-projections-for-2012-season.html
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]
    WOW, thanks for posting that link.  The Steelers are in absolute cap "Super Max High Security Prison" at nearly $150MM!!  They are going to have their hands full keeping their top F/As and getting down to the $128MM range.  I don't see any way possible for them to extend Mike Wallace as they have 3 starters on their OL to deal with plus starting CB William Gay.  They will have to restrict Wallace and probably can't match any decent offer.  I've beaten the Wallace horse absolutely senseless, pummeling him over and over until his brain matter splattered all over these pages (sorry for the graphics) these past 24 hours so I won't bring it up again as long as I get credit for the idea if we actually move on it, lol.

But William Gay interests me.  He isn't elite but man he has been steady.  The guy has played in every game since being drafted in 2007.  He's only 27 too.  He isn't real flashy, not much of a ball hawk but he was credited with 61 tackles, 2 INTs and 13 PD last year.  He could be a decent insurance policy if Dowling can't stay healthy or we move McCourty to FS and the money shouldn't be bad, plus Addition by Subtraction.  I keep preaching that.  Force the Steelers to burn a draft pick or other resources to replace him.

Since Free Agency starts March 13, we really should be focusing most of our efforts on studying this since we have to wait until late April for the draft and our needs hopefully will be very much different by then as it well for a lot of teams. 

Guys who aren't free agents are going to get cut as cap cutting measures.  It is so hard to keep up with our team let alone 31 others.  But I will predict there will be some shocking players on the market that nobody is talking about today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

[QUOTE]they have a good amount of space in cap room....hopefully they use it on a receiver and maybe a pass rusher to help out vince...i do hope they bring carter and anderson also....will be interesting to see what they do with the 4 picks they have in the first two rounds
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I think the pats bring in anderson. Carter have an injury. Also, If BB switch back to the 3-4, then it will hard to bring both back to the team.

Sections
Shortcuts