Patriots 3 good players away from being a really good team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Patriots 3 good players away from being a really good team?

1) Good WR opposite Moss (someone who can lengthen the field)
    2) Good Pass Rusher (defensive end or OLB)
    3) Either a decent rusher who can gain 100 yards/game or a shutdown corner.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how far we will go into playoffs....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Re: Patriots 3 good players away from being a really good team?

Well, those are really four things (WR, OLB/DE, RB & CB).  I could see how two players either being added or breaking out would be beneficial:

To me, the edge rusher (whether it's a classic End or Linebacker) is not just needed - it will be necessary in order for this team to go anywhere.  My hope is that Burgess and Thomas both wake up in the second half and are put in a position to help the team.  I think with TBC as the third option that's a pretty good trifecta.

Receiver is probably second if only for the fact that depth has become an issue.  We're in a position where we can't go four wide without signing a free agent or a practice squad player.

I'm hoping that either Morris, Taylor or both will be back by seasons end.  As such, I see Running Back as solid.  Otherwise, if Maroney can step up like he did Sunday I think Faulk and BJGE will be plenty in a pass happy offense.  The only issue there is Full Back - I had thought BJGE might fill that role before the season and I guess this could be his chance.

Corner, frankly, might be our best position.  We have five players there and our top four I'm completely confident in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, Bubba, wouldn't a better statement be:

"Patriots, three good players from being a GREAT team."?

You are implying they aren't a really good team as they are now.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Find me any NFL team, either 6-0 or 0-6, that wouldn't like 3 more really good football players. 

Gotta do better than this question folks.

TW

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots 3 good players away from being a really good team?:
    In Response to Patriots 3 good players away from being a really good team? : Newsflash! the Pat D shut out the Titans, got to Collins quite handly, and I believe Maroney ran for about 125 yds.  Maybe, just maybe BB knows what he's doing.
    Posted by BBRULES23

C'Mon Bill, shouldn't you be preparing for the game in London?  Surely you have more to do than lurk in this forum.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

How about players have to preform better such as Thomas. We have the talent its just time for a few of the players to show up. Our corners are fine, but you can't cover someone for 5 seconds in man to man every play.  Last week I would have said we might need a running back but right now I would like to see Marony get one more start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wildyellow1. Show wildyellow1's posts

Didn't everyone say Maroney s#&ked this time last week? Please keep this in mind next time your ready to write a player off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

All we really need is a pass rush - Adalius. Aiken isn't an amazing reciever, but he can catch the ball. He is big and elusive enough to break tackles, and when he finishes his routes he runs them well. I don't think the Pats would have extended his contract if they didn't think he can help them on offense, as well as STs.

The running game to me is fine, BJE will push Maroney to do a better job. If Maroney starts playing off I'm sure Belichick won't hesitate to play Benny. When Taylor and Morris come back the running game will be much better. 

CB? Hello, Darius Butler might take over Spring's corner. We have really good ones out there. 

We get a pass rush, the INTs will start coming, the defense becomes even better. 

All this team really needs is for Adalius to step up. 

Sections
Shortcuts