Patriots 9.5 point Favorites over Ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Patriots 9.5 point Favorites over Ravens

Wow!   Sort of wish the Patriots were underdogs going into this one. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Patriots 9.5 point Favorites over Ravens

yea i guess the oddsmakers dont trust flacco. flacco is more then due for a stinker i guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Win by 1 point or 40, who cares??!! Just hope the pats have a least 1 more point than the Ravens! 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Wow!   Sort of wish the Patriots were underdogs going into this one. 

Baltimore +9  55.7%
    New England -9  44.3%   51.5 O 65.7%   51.5 U 34.3%   These Are The Numbers As Of Now According To Odd Shark NFL....  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Talk about bulletinboard material!  Im sure the Ravens love this.  And to be honest I'm pretty surprised the oddsmakers have it this high.  I guess we should feel good about this but anywhere from 3.5 to 6.5 points would have been about right in my mind and I thought it would be closer because they beat Denver at Denver and were 9.5 dogs in that game (I think).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My numbers have the Pats by 9.0 points, and I could be talked up to 9.5.  Odds are good that the bookmakers will win.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

that can't be right. better check with TexasPat. i bet he has the ravens winning

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Seriously only game decided by more than 3 was when Balt came up here and blew out pats 33-14 in playoffs a few years ago.  9.5 is way to high - its a head scratcher for me where it came from.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Patriots win by 3 TD's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I think this will be a very close game and come down to late in the 4th quarter. 

I will definitely take the points and hope that the PATS play mistake-free football.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I would take the Pats and the 9.5 in a heartbeat.

IMO, the Pats are a much better team than they were this time last year. Don't think the Ravens are anywhere near as good as they were this time last year.

Yeah, the Ravens will come to town with trash talk and swagger; that is their MO, and in the past they've been able to back it up.

Now, they're just not that good a football team.

I see Pats, 38-17.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Seriously only game decided by more than 3 was when Balt came up here and blew out pats 33-14 in playoffs a few years ago.  9.5 is way to high - its a head scratcher for me where it came from.

The goal of Vegas book makers is to get enough action on both sides in an attempt to break even minimizes the risk of them getting killed in a lopsided game...They make money on the over-under and prop bets...the line stays fluid up to game time in an attempt entice play on both sides...9.5 spread suggest to me that aside from them seing the Pats as the favorite to win the game, they're trying to get more action on the Baltimore side.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The ratbirds have done nothing to impress.

They lost 4 of their last 5 games during the season.

They beat a Colts team with a QB that arguably has worse numbers than Tebow, a team we nearly put up 60 points on.

It took them double OT and a quite unlikely wild crazy play to beat a team led by a guy who is 9-11 in the playoffs with what must be a record number of 1 and outs.

What exactly about this should bettors be impressed with? That they won a very close game very early in the season thanks to replacement refs in their stadium on a FG that actually missed?

It would be folly to take the ratbirds lightly, but they are the ones who have to play very well and hope we don't. Any even level of performance capacity by both teams means about a 10 point win for us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

well, as a Pats fan you gotta feel good about it because everyone is probably loading up on Baltimore.  I know I would too if I wasn't a Pats fan.   Usually the house CLEANS UP so you gotta think Pats will cover.. ha ha.

I actually hate when this happens.  2007 SB they were 14 point favs and I wanted to bet my life savings on the Giants because knew they would never cover that.  Just couldn't bring myself to do it so I took the over and lost...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

That line will probably come down a bit by the end of the week/game day.  I suspect it'll move to about the 6-6.5 range, which is reasonable - but the betters betting set that line.  Pats-Ravens always seem to be close games.  I think both are different teams from when they last met - our D got better and although they lost some games late, the Ravens are playing well when it counts.  I don't think they beat a "good" Colts team, they beat an "okay" one at home (Colts won a few games late against some iffy teams).  They beat Denver at home, because Denver's secondary was horrid and the great Peyton couldn't throw the ball more than 20 yards in the air, allowing the Ravens D to "cheat" towards the line - even then, Peyton did have success in the short to intermediate passing game.  Pats are the Pats - proficient on offense, and playing better than earlier in the year on D.  Given these clubs strengths and weaknesses, the turnover battle and ST play will be big.  I think Vareen (and maybe Woodhead) will be a challenge for them because I can't see their linebackers keeping up with either on short passes - get the RBs the ball in space and we may thrive.  One last thing:  true to form, you can bet your bottom dollar on the Ravens drawing an unnecessary roughness/PF penalty - something dumb - at least once (they did so in the Bronco game) - giving TB life may be their undoing.  I can see the Pats winning 31-20.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

This is the way it use to be when Pittsburgh was favorite by these sort of spreads back in early 2000's The Pats just need to take care of their business and they'll be fine.  Just get to the SB!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

that can't be right. better check with TexasPat. i bet he has the ravens winning

He is a fan of every team except the Pats.  Actually he's just a fan of himself and in love with his own writing.

Sections
Shortcuts