Patriots add G Brian Waters

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayclay. Show rayclay's posts

Re: Patriots add G Brian Waters

In Response to Re: Patriots add G Brian Waters:
    [QUOTE]That's not accurate. When Mankins returned, the Pats offense was blown off the ball in Cleveland.  So, unless you want to ignore that game or the 1st half in Detroit when Mankins looked like SB 42 Mankins as a turnstile, that's not true. The offense took off when Moss was dealt.  They were shutout in the 1st half of Miami and then exploded when Moss was ignored and then dealt. NE did well against stout front 7s against SD, Baltimore and then Minny, before Mankins returned. I like Mankins as a mean, run blocker, but his pass protection and apparent incredible overrated status here is something to watch.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

If Mankins is so overrated and then overpaid, it would seem, why wouldn't we just cut him like we do any player that is deemed to be in that category?  That was your whole reason for Meriweather.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayclay. Show rayclay's posts

I just don't have any insight about players getting big heads.  Is that sort of stuff avaialble somewhere?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayclay. Show rayclay's posts

This is what you posted....
    I think it was because of age and what he was due. 

Classic Belichick type logic.  If they deem the player above market value with cost to the cap, they'll cut the player.

Asking you why they wouldn't cut another player for the same reason or why you think that a player got a big head doesn't mean I'm stirring the pot.

Why not cut Mankins, if it's all about value?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayclay. Show rayclay's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots add G Brian Waters:
    [QUOTE]Are you serious with this question? They just chose to invest in Mankins, lowering his 2011 cap hit.  Why would they then cut him when the entire line is dinged up? RayClay = Troll
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'm a troll because I don't claim that a guy that was a probowler and was cut had a big head.  Grow up, kid. 
    Why would you cut a probowl safety at a weak position? 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Does it even matter?  This guy bolsters our offensive line and lets Connelly heal and add depth with Cannon and Solder.  

The game is won in the trenches and we now have great depth and talent on our OL and DL.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayclay. Show rayclay's posts

Fanaca was a probowler like almost every year of his career. It seems insane when he got cut.  As it turned out, he lasted one more year and he wasn't very good. 
    Watershas been a great player.  I didn't watch him much last year.  But it is always curious when a great player gets released.  Even more curious is that it is from a team that has no cap issues to speak of and made the playoffs last year.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we grabbed him.  Even if he is near the end, he'll be an upgrade. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Keeping Brady upright still priority #1.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Mentioned that on another thread BB.

Sections
Shortcuts