patriots all time best kicker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: patriots all time best kicker

Gostkowski has been great, but Vinatieri was NFL All-Time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Vinateri helped the Patriots win 3 super bowls.  He made so many huge kicks.  That kick against the Raiders in a snowstorm is the one I remember the most. 

Vinateri by a mile!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

Have to go with Vinateri.  Maybe in time Gost will equal or pass Vin. But it will take some doing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

This comparison is kinda like Brady and Manning. One helped win rings and one just has stats.

I like Ghost a lot, he made the loss of Vinateri seem painless but until he knocks one through to win a SB.......it's a no brainer for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Ghost has done a spectacular job but Adam won us superbowls, can't do much better then that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Kick a 45 yarder in weather like this in a playoff game and all of New England will love you.
    Snow at dusk

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

I think it's more like comparing two players from different eras. That's weird to say since they have both been playing in the same league since Gostkowski entered, but more than any position, the kicking position has changed within the last few years. Kickers have stronger legs for both kickoffs and field goals. They're more accurate. Every team now seems to have a guy who makes 80%+ and have the leg to hit a 55+ yard field goal. When Vinatieri first came into the league and played with us, there weren't many kickers like that. No question, Gostkowski is the more talented kicker, the higher accuracy percentage, the stronger leg, but Vinatieri was the best of his era and made some of the all time greatest kicks when it mattered. 50 yards, in the snow, tied up the Raiders. 3 winning super bowl kicks. I don't think you can beat the resume of Vinatieri and I don't think I would argue that Gostkowski is the better kicker.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

1. Adam Vinatieri
    2. Gino Cappelletti
    3. John Smith
    4. Stephen Gostkowski

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: patriots all time best kicker:
    Kick a 45 yarder in weather like this in a playoff game and all of New England will love you.
    Posted by harleyroadking

The best game I ever went to, that ball didn't look like it made it 20' in the air the entire way.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Awesome Sam that was an epic game, you take an pictures?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Forget the Super Bowls.

The kick against the Raiders in the snow to send that thing into overtime is the most clutch money kick you will ever see. No kicker anywhere, ever, is going to top it. It's simply not going to happen.

(but for the record, I like Jon Smith . . .   and Wheatabix)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Gino is my favorite, he did it all!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

John Smith.  No doubt.  Tough to put him ahead of Gino, though.  

One thing in Smith's favor is that Gino must have done all of his kicking before they moved the goal posts back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

John Smith.  No doubt.  Tough to put him ahead of Gino, though.   One thing in Smith's favor is that Gino must have done all of his kicking before they moved the goal posts back.
    Posted by Will-Redd

Isn't the past beautiful, especially when you realize how far we've come??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Charlie Baumann...Now that was a kicker of all kickers...He is truly the greatest of all time Pats kickers!

Ha, ha...Just kidding...I could not keep a straight face with that one. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Give Tony Franklin some credit...remember after NE canned him, he still won a game for us by missing a winning FG with the Dolphins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Adam Vinatieri.  No question.  But that was then, this is now.  Loving the Gostkowski "no return" kicks a BUNCH.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wonderdrums. Show wonderdrums's posts

1. Adam Vinatieri 2. Gino Cappelletti 3. John Smith 4. Stephen Gostkowski
    Posted by digger0862

Thats a great list but, no Tony Franklin!!  He had the helmet with one bar on it and only wore one shoe so it was great to watch him in the snow. I have to give Franklin his props for his willingness to mix it up on kickoff returns too. He made more than his fair share of tackles.  NFL kickers rarely tackle or block anyone in todays game. Imagine wearing a helmet with only one bar in the NFL today.

Ill never forget Smith's "snowplow game" against the Dolphins.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Adam Vinatieri is the greatest place kicker in football history.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

wes welker played kicker in high school.... he set kicking/passing/rushing records at his HS in oklahoma
    he can beat vinateri and the gost in a fight.  im takin wes

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Scott Sisson...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Thats a great list but, no Tony Franklin!!  He had the helmet with one bar on it and only wore one shoe so it was great to watch him in the snow. I have to give Franklin his props for his willingness to mix it up on kickoff returns too. He made more than his fair share of tackles.  NFL kickers rarely tackle or block anyone in todays game. Imagine wearing a helmet with only one bar in the NFL today. Ill never forget Smith's "snowplow game" against the Dolphins.  
    Posted by wonderdrums

1. Adam Vinatieri
    2. Gino Cappelletti
    3. John Smith
    4. Stephen Gostkowski
    5. Tony Franklin
    6. Matt Bahr
    7. Jason Staurovsky
    8. Charlie Gogolak
    9. Charlie Baumann
    15. Scott "missin" Sisson

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In Response to patriots all time best kicker:
    The stats Adam Vineteri         263 -321      81.9%    from over 50 yards  8-17 Stephen Gostkowski 113 - 134     84.3%    from over 50 yards  2-3 Gost has somewhat of a  advatadge that more games are played on field turf then in the 90's Who's your pick for all time best kicker
    Posted by hoyle

The answer to that question is also the answer to this question. With the super bowl on the line with a final kick, who would you want kicking it? It's a no brainer. 

BB has a quote for this.

Sections
Shortcuts