Patriots and Abraham Set to Resume Talks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: Patriots and Abraham Set to Resume Talks

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Why do people keep saying he'll be coming in as a subrusher? 

Who's going to keep him from starting? Ninkovich? If Abraham can't beat out Ninkovich in week 1 of TC, Abraham has nothing left in the tank. Ninkovich sucks. 

Hahahah pats fans. gotta love the passion.

Love when the avg fan never understands the value of a solid consistent starter who just does his job.

For years it was James Sanders. Nink is the new let's get rid of him guy. Oh brother.

I'd be more worried about Jones and Gronk staying on the field after Thanks giving and doing something relevent, when it matters most.

...or how about Hernandez pulling his head out of his @zz this season. One of the 10 worst for dropped passes for TE's this past season. 2nd most penatlies called on a TE in the entire league.

If they want to do that experiment again with moving a DE to DT on 3rd downs then just move Nink in instead of Cunningham and let Abraham play on 3rd in Nink's spot. They'll figure it out.

I'd have bigger concerns than worrying if Nink will show up and produce.

1.) I'm glad you love my passion. 

can always respect some good passion for something someone believes strongly in

2.) Ninkovich is consistent alright, consisnetly below average. 

Hahahaa baseless claims are always good for a hilarious laugh

3.) LOLS! Where's James Sanders now? 

Ah kids, they are the future but to bad they never love to do their homework. NE Pats fans were calling for him to get the boots for 3 or 4 years "prior" to him finally moving on. ..but guess what, the coaches actually kept bringing him back year after year. BB must not know what he is doing I guess. 

Here are some more facts. The playing span for and NFL player is 3.5 to 6 years according to both the NFL and players union. The avg playing time for a 1st round pick is 9 years.

Sanders was only drafted in the 4th round yet he just completed his 9th NFL season.

Guys like Meriweather, Chung, etc were drafted much higher, 1st and 2nd to be part of a solution to illiminate Sanders and cure any perceived problems. Where are those guys now? Both had shorter careers with the Patriots.

..but don't let any of those actual facts get in the way of your shoot from the hip comments. LOLS

4.) They will, Chandler is getting his mass up and all of Gronk's injuries were flukes. He's never been hit so hard that he couldn't get back up. He got tangled with Pollard one year and he kept breaking his arm another year. 

Chandler better be getting his mass up, he needs to, because he relies on his length and strength. He certainly does not beat anyone with speed. Hopefully his brother will teach him some good chop saki moves to help him. ;-) ...we all have high hopes for him.

Gronk just needs to chill on the drinking if he wants to stay healthy. You really do not do your homework do you. I will give you the cliff notes on drinking and injuries. 

The injury rate for drinkers is around 54% and for non-drinkers is about 23%. Someone that drinks casually is twice as likely to get hurt as someone that does not drink. There are plenty of reputable sources out there to look it up if you do not believe me. Unfortunealy coaching all these years requires me to have too many certifications that covers this stuff.

5.) Hernandez is a great TE, he just had a down year thanks to Edelman rolling his ankle.

Hmm year two. Already a DOWN year? Hmm Ninkovich three up years in a row. Each years production for Sacks, Forced fumbles, and fumble recoveries, better than the last. Let's not let any real facts get in the way of your opinions though.

6.) Why? Armstead, Abraham, Jones and Vega should be the "NASCAR" package, Ninkovich is a below average pass-rusher and an average run stuffer. Why keep him in on passing downs? 

I do not know. Ask BB. I said "IF" and refered to it as his "EXPERIMENT". That is what BB did last season. Nink had 8 sacks last season. Do you know what the Patriots defensive systems have produced in years past for avg sack numbers or single season highs?

McGinest 6.5 avg. most 11

seymour 4.8 avg. Most 8

Colvin  4.4 avg. most 8.5

Vrabel 6 avg. most 12.5

Ninkovich 4.75 avg. most 8

Seems to be keeping good company to me

7.) If you think the Pats have more to worry about than Ninkovich, you're WRONG! Ninkovich IS one of the team's weaknesses. 

Wrong? LOL. You keep focusing on your opinions and I will continue believing in some facts. Ahh kids, gotta love 'em.

LOL!

Do you think 49Patriots is a kid?

I'm just playing. I have no issue with him and have no idea how old he is.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

the Patriots won't put out the Cash for this Cab!  The will go with the lesser of big bucks! Also if they can get Freeny then I can see the draft as an OF Line first pick.   I can smell it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Who's going to keep him from starting? Ninkovich? If Abraham can't beat out Ninkovich in week 1 of TC, Abraham has nothing left in the tank. Ninkovich sucks. 

Love when the avg fan never understands the value of a solid consistent starter who just does his job.

For years it was James Sanders. Nink is the new let's get rid of him guy. Oh brother.

I'd be more worried about Jones and Gronk staying on the field after Thanks giving and doing something relevent, when it matters most.

...or how about Hernandez pulling his head out of his @zz this season. One of the 10 worst for dropped passes for TE's this past season. 2nd most penatlies called on a TE in the entire league.

If they want to do that experiment again with moving a DE to DT on 3rd downs then just move Nink in instead of Cunningham and let Abraham play on 3rd in Nink's spot. They'll figure it out.

Ah kids, they are the future but to bad they never love to do their homework. NE Pats fans were calling for him to get the boots for 3 or 4 years "prior" to him finally moving on. ..but guess what, the coaches actually kept bringing him back year after year. BB must not know what he is doing I guess. 

Here are some more facts. The playing span for and NFL player is 3.5 to 6 years according to both the NFL and players union. The avg playing time for a 1st round pick is 9 years.

Sanders was only drafted in the 4th round yet he just completed his 9th NFL season.

Guys like Meriweather, Chung, etc were drafted much higher, 1st and 2nd to be part of a solution to illiminate Sanders and cure any perceived problems. Where are those guys now? Both had shorter careers with the Patriots.

..but don't let any of those actual facts get in the way of your shoot from the hip comments. LOLS

4.) They will, Chandler is getting his mass up and all of Gronk's injuries were flukes. He's never been hit so hard that he couldn't get back up. He got tangled with Pollard one year and he kept breaking his arm another year. 

Chandler better be getting his mass up, he needs to, because he relies on his length and strength. He certainly does not beat anyone with speed. Hopefully his brother will teach him some good chop saki moves to help him. ;-) ...we all have high hopes for him.

Gronk just needs to chill on the drinking if he wants to stay healthy. You really do not do your homework do you. I will give you the cliff notes on drinking and injuries. 

The injury rate for drinkers is around 54% and for non-drinkers is about 23%. Someone that drinks casually is twice as likely to get hurt as someone that does not drink. There are plenty of reputable sources out there to look it up if you do not believe me. Unfortunealy coaching all these years requires me to have too many certifications that covers this stuff.

5.) Hernandez is a great TE, he just had a down year thanks to Edelman rolling his ankle.

Hmm year two. Already a DOWN year? Hmm Ninkovich three up years in a row. Each years production for Sacks, Forced fumbles, and fumble recoveries, better than the last. Let's not let any real facts get in the way of your opinions though.

6.) Why? Armstead, Abraham, Jones and Vega should be the "NASCAR" package, Ninkovich is a below average pass-rusher and an average run stuffer. Why keep him in on passing downs? 

I do not know. Ask BB. I said "IF" and refered to it as his "EXPERIMENT". That is what BB did last season. Nink had 8 sacks last season. Do you know what the Patriots defensive systems have produced in years past for avg sack numbers or single season highs?

seymour 4.8 avg. Most 8

Vrabel 6 avg. most 12.5

7.) If you think the Pats have more to worry about than Ninkovich, you're WRONG! Ninkovich IS one of the team's weaknesses. 

Wrong? LOL. You keep focusing on your opinions and I will continue believing in some facts. Ahh kids, gotta love 'em.

LOL!

u know low iq ur kind of a d*ckhead - or at least u come across that way sometimes

as for ol russ he is a 30 something with "worldly wisdom and vast cultural experience"

...and yet only one of us has felt the need to call the other a name. Interesting.

sorry you feel that way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Where's all the rumors today?  whats the twitter chick saying today?  That's why some of these threads saying we signed this guy or that guy that are not true tick me off.  I believe there was a point last week that there were threads saying we were inning Abraham and Freeny.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

seymour 4.8 avg. Most 8

Vrabel 6 avg. most 12.5

LOL!

u know low iq ur kind of a d*ckhead - or at least u come across that way sometimes

as for ol russ he is a 30 something with "worldly wisdom and vast cultural experience"

...and yet only one of us has felt the need to call the other a name. Interesting.

sorry you feel that way.

well i said u come across that way sometimes-but that was a bit over the top so please accept my apologies

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

3.) LOLS! Where's James Sanders now

James Sanders actually took Adrian Wilsons job in Arizona didn't he? Pretty sure I read that, but apologize if I'm mixed up.

Anyway I disagree completely on your assesment of Nink. I think he is a solid hard nose football player with some versatility and was our best play maker on defense other then VW.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Totally disagree that Nink is a team weakness.  I, too, see him as a playmaker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Where's all the rumors today?  whats the twitter chick saying today?  That's why some of these threads saying we signed this guy or that guy that are not true tick me off.  I believe there was a point last week that there were threads saying we were inning Abraham and Freeny.  

the "chick" is a person who doesnt deserve to be called a "chick". 

and i read no one say we signed either.

abrajham talks were said to conitinue today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Well Nancy sorry your panties twisted.  Maybe you should pay attention to what you read.  How about this one.  http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/abraham-pats-agree-on-contract/100/6578124?page=2#after-post-16233815

How about this one.  http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/patriots-sign-freeney/100/6578294

carry on with the war on women ha ha 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

So when my assistant refers to a movie as a 'chick flick' I should take her to task, I take it.  

How is the view from that high horse, anyway?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

So when my assistant refers to a movie as a 'chick flick' I should take her to task, I take it.  

Bdbreu is a naive, overly sensitive MIllenial.  Not worth your time.

Ah, Rusty, not sure who or what he is and don't really care but you're right about it not being worth my time.  Much better when we stick to football.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Well Nancy sorry your panties twisted.  Maybe you should pay attention to what you read.  How about this one.  http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/abraham-pats-agree-on-contract/100/6578124?page=2#after-post-16233815

How about this one.  http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/patriots-sign-freeney/100/6578294

carry on with the war on women ha ha 

maybe my comprehension is wrong,

but when i read @mikereiss:per:  report: pats agree in terms with john abraham, contract in principal, not signed yet.

i see, agree on contract in principal. not a contract is done and signed.

re "Well Nancy sorry your panties twisted."

this is exaclty what i refer to. because it is so normanl to use references to being female as disparaging remarks, yo and most are unaware of teh miosogyny and sexism therein.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

when  amember of a group uses a term others outside that group use to disparage, it does not make it more ok or respectful for the out group member to do so.

far be it from anyone on a sports forum to increase our conscousness or brain power about ourselves or rel life.....

doign or saying the right thing or sharing with others i woudl not call teh high horse. we all can help one another. thats what beign human is ... about our connectedness... sharing one to another. we all have things to learn from one another.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

when  amember of a group uses a term others outside that group use to disparage, it does not make it more ok or respectful for the out group member to do so.

far be it from anyone on a sports forum to increase our conscousness or brain power about ourselves or rel life.....

doign or saying the right thing or sharign wiht others i woudl not call teh high horse. we all can help one another. thats what beign human is ... about our connectedness

Noted, I think.  Since it seems we're all about improving the quality of our posting perhaps you might find the following on line references helpful:

http://dictionary.reference.com/

http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/GramPunct.html

Might help in making your erudite posts just a touch more readable.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 40s

Free agent John Abraham will be visiting Denver on Thursday. Dumervil and Freeney also in the mix there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Dwight Freeney visiting Denver on Wednesday

Free agent Dwight Freeney will visit the Broncos on Wednesday.

ESPN reports the Broncos also "plan to host" free agent John Abraham. It's an indication Denver is moving on from free agent Elvis Dumervil, or at least trying to force him into a decision (again). Peyton Manning reportedly "wants" Freeney in Denver, and could be a key factor in whomever the Broncos end up going with at right end.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

i thought you were a lot smarter then this,ninkovich will split time with abraham,if hes signed,ninkovich had 8 sacks to abrahams 10 sacks,this past year,sure it would be nice to have a young player on the team,who can get 15 sacks a year, its not going to happen for us, out of free agency

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Free agent John Abraham will be visiting Denver on Thursday. Dumervil and Freeney also in the mix there.

Great! Why does Manning get all the pass rushers!???  BB better get his on his horse and keep horseface out the SB!  Its one thing to lose Wes, its another for Horseface to have all the pass rushers!  I still dont understand how BB took the Colts blueprint but NEVER adressed a REAL PASS RUSH!  The only reason Horseface had success over the years is because the offense was setup to score quickly and get the lead on teams. Once the team was behind they would have to pass and Freeney and Mathis would pin their ears back, the QB would be running for his life and the Cots are able to maintain leads. Weve seen it with Brady in 06' trying to come back with only T.Brown as a viable WR.  Sooooo, in 2007, BB decides to sell his soul and GO OFFENSE. Sets records,most points,etc and had the highest margin of victory but as teams caught on, we scored less and less and now here we are in 2013!!!! After 2 SB losses DIRECTLY CORRELATED TO NOT GETTING PRESSURE and here this guy is still being a freeking Cheapskate in regards to getting a pass rush! Guy gives a bum like Arrington 4mill and yet Abe is probably out there looking for 2.5 milly and cant get it from us. This is what p*sses me off. Its one thing to not have the resources but WE JUST took our 1st succesful "pressure" this past year. Didnt BB know Pass rush was the most important factor to supporting a juggernaght offense that scores alot?? and to add Insult to Injury, this past year he tries to scale it back and RUN more which caused us to score less in the playoffs and THAT didnt work because you cant have a BALL CONTROL offense with a swinging door Defense that cant get off the field! Its completely COUNTER Productive and we call this guy a Genius!?!??!   Hmmp!

Ok, rant over, carry on.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Great! Why does Manning get all the pass rushers!???  BB better get his on his horse and keep horseface out the SB!  Its one thing to lose Wes, its another for Horseface to have all the pass rushers!  I still dont understand how BB took the Colts blueprint but NEVER adressed a REAL PASS RUSH!  The only reason Horseface had success over the years is because the offense was setup to score quickly and get the lead on teams. Once the team was behind they would have to pass and Freeney and Mathis would pin their ears back, the QB would be running for his life and the Cots are able to maintain leads. Weve seen it with Brady in 06' trying to come back with only T.Brown as a viable WR.  Sooooo, in 2007, BB decides to sell his soul and GO OFFENSE. Sets records,most points,etc and had the highest margin of victory but as teams caught on, we scored less and less and now here we are in 2013!!!! After 2 SB losses DIRECTLY CORRELATED TO NOT GETTING PRESSURE and here this guy is still being a freeking Cheapskate in regards to getting a pass rush! Guy gives a bum like Arrington 4mill and yet Abe is probably out there looking for 2.5 milly and cant get it from us. This is what p*sses me off. Its one thing to not have the resources but WE JUST took our 1st succesful "pressure" this past year. Didnt BB know Pass rush was the most important factor to supporting a juggernaght offense that scores alot?? and to add Insult to Injury, this past year he tries to scale it back and RUN more which caused us to score less in the playoffs and THAT didnt work because you cant have a BALL CONTROL offense with a swinging door Defense that cant get off the field! Its completely COUNTER Productive and we call this guy a Genius!?!??!   Hmmp!

Ok, rant over, carry on.

Calm down. They don't have the cap room. I'd rather have Abraham over Freeney. Abraham is just seeing if he can get more, which he won't.

Denver doesn't have much cap room. Looks like Denver's deal for Dumervil is less than Baltimore's.

BB will get who he wants.

Hasnt happened yet, Dont know why you are so sure that BB will get his guy this year. year after year he passes on oppty's to really put this team over the hump and now hearing reports that Denver is looking at the same guys??  Cap room my *ss, if they want Freeney or Abe, its not exactly 8 million they are getting. Abe should have never left without a contract. Seems most people think BB messed up the Goldson situation too with us being able to get him at 2.5/yr 2 years ago and he ended up cashing in so in hindsight, we probably messed that up too. Im glad you like BB locking up special teamers because they know the patriots way and overlooking real impact players that can help.  Pass rush right now is the only determining factor IMO needed to get us over the hump, despite you thinking its brady. If we screw this up and come back with T.Scott and J.Francis who did ZILCH against Bmore after getting fans excited about sacks vs Buffalo, I will be perturbed! Every accolade Arrington has recieved also came against Buffalo!  lol....   Keep propping up BB as a genius and Brady as the scapegoat instead of the "G.O.A.T"  and we will see what the world has to say once they both retire

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Gillette has artifical turf.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

doign or saying the right thing or sharign wiht others i woudl not call teh high horse. we all can help one another. thats what beign human is ... about our connectedness

Noted, I think.  Since it seems we're all about improving the quality of our posting perhaps you might find the following on line references helpful:

http://dictionary.reference.com/

http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/GramPunct.html

Might help in making your erudite posts just a touch more readable.

thanks for your feedback and effort re my posting  :)