Patriots and CB Brandon Browner reached agreement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: Patriots and CB Brandon Browner reached agreement

I have to guess only the first yr is guaranteed.

How can you give a 17 mil 3 year deal to a guy who is one strike from being suspended indefinitely?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Suspended for first four games but does Anyone know if he is has any limitations on training camp and pre season games. 

[/QUOTE]

He's a full go for both. Great signing. Everybody say thank you BB....and then apologize.

[/QUOTE]

It is kind of funny how many people were freaking out compared to now. I'm glad I wasn't a part of them lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Now we can focus the draft (and remaining FA) on:

1. DL

2. C and/or G

3. TE (who will be our #2...preferring all around type who is solid receiver and maybe even better blocker)

4. DL (special focus)

5. Resign Blount (and Julian if he does not ask for more than he is worth)

6. Bring in another rookie WR

7. A flyer on another possible successor to TB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm not saying I sit there on the weekends watching Brandon Browner, but I do recall a game where they were showing the view the opposing QB had when throwing at Browner...the size of this guy was ridiculous...he makes it pretty hard to throw against and he's an athlete that jumps around like a super hero. 

This defense should be much better next year, Dennard is a good player, McCourty should be better because of this, Ryan will learn a ton with Revis and Browner there to show him how it's done. We should be able to cover tightends, slot guys, number one receivers, burners, big guys, small guys...if we could add another pass rusher and defensive tackle, this could be one of the best defenses we've had here since Belichick has been coach. We shall see.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not saying I sit there on the weekends watching Brandon Browner, but I do recall a game where they were showing the view the opposing QB had when throwing at Browner...the size of this guy was ridiculous...he makes it pretty hard to throw against and he's an athlete that jumps around like a super hero. 

This defense should be much better next year, Dennard is a good player, McCourty should be better because of this, Ryan will learn a ton with Revis and Browner there to show him how it's done. We should be able to cover tightends, slot guys, number one receivers, burners, big guys, small guys...if we could add another pass rusher and defensive tackle, this could be one of the best defenses we've had here since Belichick has been coach. We shall see.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he is done in free agency quite yet. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How can you give a 17 mil 3 year deal to a guy who is one strike from being suspended indefinitely?

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there is language that if he gets that third strike, it will be void.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Total contract value means little. It's all about the guaranteed coin. This is a weird deal because he doesn't even get a game check until November.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Suspended for first four games but does Anyone know if he is has any limitations on training camp and pre season games. 

[/QUOTE]

He's a full go for both. Great signing. Everybody say thank you BB....and then apologize.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Excellent signing! Now the LBs can stay at home instead of running back to help the secondary... or maybe even (gasp) blitz once in a while.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because all that matters is this year. Hopefully he can keep clean

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he is done in free agency quite yet. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course not "pass rush" is the obvious shoe yet to drop. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Who's this new guy in our Front Office?  I'm loving this new approach.  Seems he and BB are working well together.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Solid!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who's this new guy in our Front Office?  I'm loving this new approach.  Seems he and BB are working well together.

[/QUOTE]

Lombardi!  Hopefully continues to steer you know who, in the right direction.  Lol...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Man, if we draft well........holy crap!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Excellent signing! Now the LBs can stay at home instead of running back to help the secondary... or maybe even (gasp) blitz once in a while.

[/QUOTE]

Please explain this "blitz" thing you speak of? Is it dangerous??? Sounds like some aggressive WWII propaganda slogan so I'm glad we've avoided it thus far....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

Quick question for those in the college/ pre-NFL "know"

i noticed browner is 29. Played 3 seasons(I think this is his 4th)

why such a late start?25-26? 

[/QUOTE]

CFL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I think BB is taking the position of signing established players that he hasnt draft well at... I think he signs a WR or two and then drafts some DL OG C TE's. All positions he's had pretty good success at drafting. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup, turn Collins loose as a pass rusher. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gonna be fun to see what jamie collins can do in his second year. With revis island on one side of the field and browner taking away the other, i think BB lets Collins become a rover. With all that speed size and agility its scary and awesome to think of the havoc he could create. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Another very strong signing. BB having very good offseason so far. Still want more WR and more pass rush, but this is definitely a very pleasant change from drafting tiny cornerbacks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please explain this "blitz" thing you speak of? Is it dangerous??? Sounds like some aggressive WWII propaganda slogan so I'm glad we've avoided it thus far....

[/QUOTE]

It is dangerous. Somebody will probably have to steal some other team's playbook. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks 4m

. @Patriots now have the big, physical CBs needed to match up with the @Broncos .Belichick can let Revis & Browner hug & mug in man coverage

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks 4m

. @Patriots now have the big, physical CBs needed to match up with the @Broncos .Belichick can let Revis & Browner hug & mug in man coverage

Let Revis work thomas, Browner mugs that little runt welker and you bracket julius thomas with the safties. And that leaves you the whole front seven to try to get to horseface.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Gonna be fun to see what jamie collins can do in his second year. With revis island on one side of the field and browner taking away the other, i think BB lets Collins become a rover. With all that speed size and agility its scary and awesome to think of the havoc he could create. 

[/QUOTE]

Exactly.