Patriots and CB Brandon Browner reached agreement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Patriots and CB Brandon Browner reached agreement

I like what BB is doing this year.  He's going for more quality than he has in the recent past.  I think we needed this. Maybe the rising cap has made him feel more comfortable making the bigger commitments.  Or maybe it's Lombardi's influence. 

Regardless, I think it's what the team needed to be a bit more competitive in the playoffs. 

Secondary is looking pretty strong now.  Time to focus on the DL and maybe a LB.  Then interior O line, TE, and WR (in draft this year?).  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to antibody's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Suspended for first four games but does Anyone know if he is has any limitations on training camp and pre season games. 

[/QUOTE]

He's a full go for both. Great signing. Everybody say thank you BB....and then apologize.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. Excellent signing! Now the LBs can stay at home instead of running back to help the secondary... or maybe even (gasp) blitz once in a while.

[/QUOTE]

Please explain this "blitz" thing you speak of? Is it dangerous??? Sounds like some aggressive WWII propaganda slogan so I'm glad we've avoided it thus far....

[/QUOTE]

Lmao! Good call, we NEVER send LBers anymore. Like Tedy up the gut diving over the pile. Collins and Hightower could be huge in that area.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

whoa. good news love it, agree with other posters stop the run game....we are bad Azzzz.Wink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bucky Brooks @BuckyBrooks 4m

. @Patriots now have the big, physical CBs needed to match up with the @Broncos .Belichick can let Revis & Browner hug & mug in man coverage

[/QUOTE]

Let Revis work thomas, Browner mugs that little runt welker and you bracket julius thomas with the safties. And that leaves you the whole front seven to try to get to horseface.

agree time to get Allen or Peppers... Then salt it with jones or resigning Edelman.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The Pats secondary now is  Revis CB, Dennard CB, McCourty FS, Browner SS, Arrington Nickel, Ryan - reserve

But of course BB will take full advantage of two Safeties who were once CBs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Happiest guy in NE right now...

Devin McCourty. He just became an All Pro.

TFB...can we get a McCourty pic with the world's largest sht eating grin ever?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcUS2sGRqhE

Browner's highlights....uh oh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Quick question for those in the college/ pre-NFL "know"

i noticed browner is 29. Played 3 seasons(I think this is his 4th)

why such a late start?25-26? 

[/QUOTE] A couple of years in the CFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Will that also apply to Denver?  ...which is also playing the pass D game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

3 for $17, that's a lot of money for a guy one strike away from being banned. I wonder how much is guaranteed or if they could even work in a clause that says if he gets banned that they get it all back? Can't wait to see the details because his talent is worth that, but the details will say if it's a good deal given he's one strike away

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3 for $17, that's a lot of money for a guy one strike away from being banned. I wonder how much is guaranteed or if they could even work in a clause that says if he gets banned that they get it all back? Can't wait to see the details because his talent is worth that, but the details will say if it's a good deal given he's one strike away

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather spend that money onn him than your old boyfriend Welkie due 8 million in 2014.

You'll never win the debate.   You lost.

Go find another team to root for, kid.

[/QUOTE]

Patsies going "all in" renting players like Revis and taking big money risks on guys with character issues.  Got to love the stench of desperation in Foxboro.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have a strong suspicion you'll find a few things wrong with it...This guy wears a red flag around his neck like a cape. Yep chalk this one up to a bone headed GM move. When will this guy get it? 

3 years 17 million probably 6 guaranteed...yes please, sign me up for another problem child!

RISK = REWARD

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

A classic F& U to Bucky Beaver and Goober Pyle Manning! You want you some,come get you some! If i'm BB Here's how I line them up: FS DMac, SS Adrian Wilson on (running downs) Duron Harmon (passing downs), #1 CB in the world on one side and Manbeast on the other, sub defense nickelback: Logan Ryan, Dimeback: Dennard/ Arrington. Then make all offenses pick their poison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This secondary has the potential to absolutely Dominate WR's and TE's alike.  Too bad #75 didn't want to be part of what might be the greatest lineup in NEP's history, greed is one of the 7 deadly sins!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

A classic F& U to Bucky Beaver and Goober Pyle Manning! You want you some,come get you some! If i'm BB Here's how I line them up: FS DMac, SS Adrian Wilson on (running downs) Duron Harmon (passing downs), #1 CB in the world on one side and Manbeast on the other, sub defense nickelback: Logan Ryan, Dimeback: Dennard/ Arrington. Then make all offenses pick their poison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This secondary has the potential to absolutely Dominate WR's and TE's alike.  Too bad #75 didn't want to be part of what might be the greatest lineup in NEP's history, greed is one of the 7 deadly sins!!

"Hey Elway, HOW'S MY AZZ TASTE"?

Bill Belichick - 2014

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

I have a strong suspicion you'll find a few things wrong with it...This guy wears a red flag around his neck like a cape. Yep chalk this one up to a bone headed GM move. When will this guy get it? 

3 years 17 million probably 6 guaranteed...yes please, sign me up for another problem child!

RISK = REWARD

[/QUOTE]

you must hate it and the Revis move, this are over $5mil a year guys and didn't you say we don't need those types?

btw True if you couldn't guess it, this is GOING FOR IT! so you must really hate these moves

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather spend that money onn him than your old boyfriend Welkie due 8 million in 2014.

You'll never win the debate.   You lost.

Go find another team to root for, kid.

[/QUOTE]

Patsies going "all in" renting players like Revis and taking big money risks on guys with character issues.  Got to love the stench of desperation in Foxboro.

[/QUOTE]

Oh God Jet fan lol ,what's he going to do when the pats sign 3 more productive F/A and maybe trade a third or fourth rd pick for a veteran receiver ... It's coming.. Then get Vince to restructure if not he gets cut  and they have more $$$ to spend.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

^ lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RISK = REWARD

[/QUOTE]

You're coming around Champ, you're coming around. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RISK = REWARD

[/QUOTE]

you must hate it and the Revis move, this are over $5mil a year guys and didn't you say we don't need those types?

btw True if you couldn't guess it, this is GOING FOR IT! so you must really hate these moves

[/QUOTE]

I'm getting a chuckle out of this myself Eng.  We've been saying for a while that maybe this is what BB should be doing . . . and everyone was telling us how it was just desperation to go out and make flashy signings.  Now BB is doing it and the same naysayers are positively giddy.  

It's really funny to watch. 

We'll see this season if we were right all along . . .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm getting a chuckle out of this myself Eng.  We've been saying for a while that maybe this is what BB should be doing . . . and everyone was telling us how it was just desperation to go out and make flashy signings.  Now BB is doing it and the same naysayers are positively giddy.  

[/QUOTE]

Not only are they giddy but they are saying that they were right and we were wrong all along. I don't get that logic in the lest

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Every team does this. It's called the National Football League.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not only are they giddy but they are saying that they were right and we were wrong all along. I don't get that logic in the lest

[/QUOTE]

How's this for logic...

Actually last year we were dominant with the defense we had, until we lost our 2 best defensive players and a guy who was playing lights out in Tommy kelly for the season....then lost Spikes for the post season, still made the afc champion ship game and lost Talib...again.

We "go for it" every year, BB is doing what he has always done. Rodney, Colvin, Dillion, Stalworth, Phifer, Cox, Ted Washington, Moss, Adalius, Shawn Springs, Welker, Leigh Bodden, Talib, Revis, Chad Johnson, Browner.  I mean look at this list of players he's gone after!!!

He invests in top NFL talent all the time, most work some don't, just ike every other team........only better.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Whoa.... Take AzzzzzPerin Jetman......Lol....................

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I love it when the REAL BUSTCHISE (MileHighMike) HAS to emerge once his precious NY Jets are about to be abused on these threads for desicions THEY make...a running joke for 44 years straight....I LOVE THE NY JETS...they make being a Pats fan wonderful.....

Sections
Shortcuts