Patriots and CB Brandon Browner reached agreement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

Re: Patriots and CB Brandon Browner reached agreement

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3 for $17, that's a lot of money for a guy one strike away from being banned. I wonder how much is guaranteed or if they could even work in a clause that says if he gets banned that they get it all back? Can't wait to see the details because his talent is worth that, but the details will say if it's a good deal given he's one strike away

[/QUOTE]

I'd rather spend that money onn him than your old boyfriend Welkie due 8 million in 2014.

You'll never win the debate.   You lost.

Go find another team to root for, kid.

[/QUOTE]

Patsies going "all in" renting players like Revis and taking big money risks on guys with character issues.  Got to love the stench of desperation in Foxboro.

[/QUOTE]

I knew  we'd hear from the #1 Denver broncos loser fan section-dude take a hike -- you're like Body odor once you get it -  a shower is necassary-go find a Bronckettes message board you moron!! BTW nice Beatdown on the Bronckettes in last years Big Dance  LMAO!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I see several posts alluding to Browner playing SS.  I know he's big 6'4", 220 lbs but how much safety has the guy played?  Is it really a position where the Pats can make the most of his abilities?  I'm not saying he can't; I'm asking if he has and if that's the best place for him.

Oh, and I love the signing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I see several posts alluding to Browner playing SS.  I know he's big 6'4", 220 lbs but how much safety has the guy played?  Is it really a position where the Pats can make the most of his abilities?  I'm not saying he can't; I'm asking if he has and if that's the best place for him.

Oh, and I love the signing.

When I see Browners struggles at corner last year for seattle and eventually losing his starting job, coupled with his large frame and ability to lay the lumber, I think a move to strong safety makes the most sense. Especially with our 1 - 4 CB depth chart. To me Dennard is a strong #2 possibly #1 and Ryan is a #2 quality corner.  Arrington is still one of the premiere slot cover corners in the league who also plays the run and comes on corner blitzes. 

All speculation but at 29 years old and possibly losing a bit of agility the idea BB wants him to play SS makes sense to me.

But what the hell do I know I happen to think BB has done a great job building a contender every year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

[/QUOTE]

Patsies going "all in" renting players like Revis and taking big money risks on guys with character issues.  Got to love the stench of desperation in Foxboro.

[/QUOTE]

Riskier than an older player who just had his worst year - a mediocre one at that, and a guy who got passed up by his former team on L-T deals?  The Pats have a low risk high return scenario and have "eggs" yet to play.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now if we can shore up the run defense then we're gonna be scary...

[/QUOTE]
    run defense not a key as pass rush.....and shoring up the OL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like what BB is doing this year.  He's going for more quality than he has in the recent past.  I think we needed this. Maybe the rising cap has made him feel more comfortable making the bigger commitments.  Or maybe it's Lombardi's influence. 

Regardless, I think it's what the team needed to be a bit more competitive in the playoffs. 

Secondary is looking pretty strong now.  Time to focus on the DL and maybe a LB.  Then interior O line, TE, and WR (in draft this year?).  

[/QUOTE]

or BB finally realized he simply didn't have the groceries to get the job done