Patriots and Chargers Gameday Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

Re: Patriots and Chargers Gameday Thread

"DAMN....the Patriots deserved to lose this one."-Pumpsie Greene 

Totally incorrect.  My Pats DESERVED the win.  They played a decent game against a decent team.  Good clock control.  If nor for the onside kick, it would have been alot easier.  How're you doing Joel?  good to see your stuff. Pumpsie; you tend to be obnoxious, but I'd love to see your list of "elite" teams.    The experts can't identify one; please enlighten us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I really can't believe how much people complain around here. There are fans who would kill to have an organization like ours, and as successful as ours. We're incredibly fortunate to have the best QB in the NFL, the best coach in the NFL, and a young team that will only get better - oh, did I mention that we're 5-1.

A win is a win is a win is a win. I don't care how it looks, I don't care how we play, as long as we win, I'm happy.

Everyone complaining needs to get over themselves. You should be thankful after a west-coast win against a very good team - it just shows how spoiled you guys are and how you're living back in 2007.

If you want to critique our team, and point out where they can get better, that's fine, but don't whine and b!tch after a victory - sheesh!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanadianPat. Show CanadianPat's posts

AGREED the coaching decision to go prevent was a disaster. The D was playing well; the corners took away big plays and the tackling on the short passes was superb.

The Good and Bad Revelations from this Game:

GOOD - Sergio Brown can play. Great game for a rookie in his 1st game.
               McCourty was solid and is continuing to improve
               Hernandez and Gronk continue to play well
               Dane Fletcher is a money player,MSU alumni should be proud of this UFA

BAD - Coaches .. Defense strategy in 4th Q
            Crable can't play; no motor and no strength
            Guyton stunk, can't cover. Put Spikes back in!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Yet again, all I see is complaining and no happiness or excitement over a 5-1 team that just won against a very good team.

How pathetic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

A good win on the road, that's for sure.  The offense wasn't there and that damnable prevent defense held.  Sure was a squeaker.  It shows why SD is losing ballgames.  They shouldn't have lost this one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots and Chargers Gameday Thread:
    In Response to Re: Patriots and Chargers Gameday Thread : What game were you watching? With all the mistakes the Pats made, the horrible coaching and offense, and the inabillity to take advantage of SD's face-palm turnovers in the first half. This was game that they should (and would have lost last year). Thankfully when it mattered most our defense pulled strong and foced them to try the FG
    Posted by nepatsfan523

I'm thoroughlly enjoying the victory, and I appreciate my team delivering  a win  to we the fans. Kudos to Bill B and the entire team.  Not perfect, but lets move ahead.  Lots to look forward to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Offesne is now in transition...post Moss

It will get better when they get comfrtable with thier new identity

O-line did look over powered most the day however

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yet again, all I see is complaining and no happiness or excitement over a 5-1 team that just won against a very good team. How pathetic.
    Posted by vertigho

Exactly, what a bunch of whiny b*tches.  There are fans of 31 teams who wish their teams could play like ours.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

An ugly win on the WEST COAST. Some solid and not so solid play against a desperate team and some help from SD in forgetting when the play ends and it is a W. 

Take the win. Fly home. Prepare for Minnesota. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

A pretty pathetic showing from the Patriots - right nepatsfan? And we still won? I would be elated about this, not upset. We didn't play well at all offensively, and our defense didn't play well in the second-half.

But guess what? We still won, and we're 5-1. 'Nuff said.

Rejoice in the win, don't cry about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I was impressed with the defense.  The offense flat out DIDN'T get the job done.  Boy, though, that D just is playing like men.  The long TD drive we let them have was obviously by design (not the touchdown, but the almost "prevent" nature of the defense) and if they hadn't missed that wildly predictable onside kick try (WHY WASN'T THE HANDS TEAM OUT THERE?) we would have easily iced the thing.  As it was some stellar first half defensive play was totally negated by the offense that couldn't get out of their own way.  Whatever, we got away with it, and the part of the team that worried me now looks like its bringing some real guns to the fight.  Nice, but scary, victory.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots and Chargers Gameday Thread : Exactly.  The 4th and 1 should have worked if you DON'T run outside.  You dive or sneak.  But tell that to our offensive (as in the ugly sense) Coordinator.  He truly is offensive.
    Posted by ipot

Just got home after watching the game - did anyone beside me think that if BJGE had cut his run inside ( which he should have seen if he had his head up) that the game would have been over

I personally like BB decision to go on 4th there - play for the win - don't agree with giving it to the 2nd guy going outside on an obvious running play

I keep hearing the Pats don't belong with the elite - well they looked pretty damned elite through 3 qtrs today on the road against a good club - was very impressed with the D until they went into the early prevent - anyone else see the end of the Pitt - Miami game? If you did, you care to tell me who was luckier: the Steelers or the Pats?

Also, for all the naysayers - did you see the end of the Buffalo - Baltimore game? Does the Pats win against the Bills look so bad now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots and Chargers Gameday Thread : Would not have happened without all the turnovers. Pathetic effort at the end (and at the beginning). Bad coaching, poor offensive execution for long periods, and a bad defense. This team is going nowhere.
    Posted by Pumpsie-Green

Supposedly there are 14 ways to say snow in eskimo.  There MUST be at least 24 ways to say what a total tool and loser you are, sir or madam.  I have noted piles of runny excrement that you pass off as commentary next to your name before, and , having so noted, assumed you are indeed this mindless dreck spewing hateful troll troglodyte.  You sure back up my original assumption every time you post.  Please go find www.crybabycorner.com  Its more your kind of spot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots and Chargers Gameday Thread : You're first point is dead on. The clutch drives last week is what the Patriots offense can be, and even better. Bill O'Brien/BB really held the offense back today. The short passing game could have been really effective picking up five yeards here and there. The offsense seemed to try to make too many pretty plays when a more direct approach would have done the job (IE The PA screen to Hernandez, the draw by Woodhead on 2nd and 1, the two passes on 2nd and 1, the outside run on 4th and 1. Thats not even mentioning how many times Brady would be standing in the pocket on a deep apss play, despite the SD pressure's consistient abillity to tear through the O-line)
    Posted by nepatsfan523

I agree the offense wasn't sharp today - I think the Pats are really missing an opportunity to use the run to re-introduce the play action - which they ran so successfully in the past - the Pats had some nice run plays in the first half which I thought they could build on - they would have a good run taking the snap under center the immediately go into the shotgun

the way the Pats are running their offense makes them too predictable - they need to mix up the play calling when Brady is under center

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots and Chargers Gameday Thread :     GOOD ONE NOSTRADAMUS !!!!!!   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh

Predicting the future is hard. Even ten seconds into the future. hahhahhahahahahahahahah

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

On the road -- especially on the west coast -- you take the win and you call it good, but the Chargers lost this game far more than the Pats won it.

Turnovers are one thing, but when your guys are simply leaving the ball on the field and walking away (twice), that goes beyond the fortunes of the game.

San Dago stinks.

It's not a good team having bad luck.

It's a poorly-coached, undisciplined, erratic collection of individuals who sometimes come together and succeed by blind chance.

The Pats were lucky to get out of San Dago with the win today. That doesn't mean they didn't deserve the win -- they did . . .   they played very well in spurts (which is what they do). But if the Chargers aren't functionally retarded, no way the Pats come out of there with a win today.

No way.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

A win on the road against a team that makes the playoffs every year.  I'm very happy. 

Winning in a way that will annoy the haters.  That's even a little better.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

NE didn't get lucky. Only one of the Chargers' turnovers was a bad play. That was the one where that player put the ball down.

The backward pass was a result of NE's OLB blowing the play apart. If they don't push the pocket straight into the RB, he has a clean release and is up field where he should have been. The INT was an amazing play by McCourty. The first fumble was a strip by Ninkovich -- who has generated three turnovers since being given the starting job in the 34 set. 

The defense got hung out to dry by the special teams late in the game. Guess what? They held because they (Cunningham) flushed Rivers out of the pocket and forced another bad throw. 

On a day where NE held the ball for 25 minutes, the defense only gave up 360 yards and 20 points to a team that averages 26+ and 430+. 

Make no mistake. For all the talk about NE's special teams being the difference, it was the defense that won this one. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

On the road -- especially on the west coast -- you take the win and you call it good, Posted by p-mike

that's how i see it, good win

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I can't for the life of me understand all the complaining, this was a good win. SD maybe 2-5 but they have a good team, let them put it all together and there dangerous.

Alot of you are spoiled rotten and expect a blowout every game!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

NE didn't get lucky. Only one of the Chargers' turnovers was a bad play. That was the one where that player put the ball down. The backward pass was a result of NE's OLB blowing the play apart. If they don't push the pocket straight into the RB, he has a clean release and is up field where he should have been. The INT was an amazing play by McCourty. The first fumble was a strip by Ninkovich -- who has generated three turnovers since being given the starting job in the 34 set.  The defense got hung out to dry by the special teams late in the game. Guess what? They held because they (Cunningham) flushed Rivers out of the pocket and forced another bad throw.  On a day where NE held the ball for 25 minutes, the defense only gave up 360 yards and 20 points to a team that averages 26+ and 430+.  Make no mistake. For all the talk about NE's special teams being the difference, it was the defense that won this one. 
    Posted by zbellino

Z for Secretary of Whooping-a**.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

NE didn't get lucky. Only one of the Chargers' turnovers was a bad play. That was the one where that player put the ball down. The backward pass was a result of NE's OLB blowing the play apart. If they don't push the pocket straight into the RB, he has a clean release and is up field where he should have been. The INT was an amazing play by McCourty. The first fumble was a strip by Ninkovich -- who has generated three turnovers since being given the starting job in the 34 set.  The defense got hung out to dry by the special teams late in the game. Guess what? They held because they (Cunningham) flushed Rivers out of the pocket and forced another bad throw.  On a day where NE held the ball for 25 minutes, the defense only gave up 360 yards and 20 points to a team that averages 26+ and 430+.  Make no mistake. For all the talk about NE's special teams being the difference, it was the defense that won this one. 
    Posted by zbellino

Totally agree - the Pats defense played their best game of the year in this game until the 4th Qtr when they went into prevent mode

Also - not any compliments for the D that held the Chargers to a 45 yd field goal to tie after giving the ball back in Patriot territory( I know the kick was 50 after the penalty) The Pats of last year would have given up the winning TD in that situation

This is a very young Pats team - they are starting to remind me of the 2001 Pats, learning+getting used to winning as the season goes on, only that team was much older than this one

It amazes me that there isn't more enthusiam for this team's performance this year when they are starting so many rookies and clearly are in transition

Sections
Shortcuts