Patriots and Giants Game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Re: Patriots and Giants Game thread

Some observations:

Orhnberger playing practically the whole game at right guard

Thomas Welch in on the D-line against the two-point conversion

Thomas Williams pointing out to the Pats sidelines when he made a couple of plays- as if to say, "see coach?!?!?!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

maroney looked like junk

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

I sincerely doubt that Belichick would tell his players to screw up in order to gain some sort of "advantage" going into the regular season - and if he was to do this, I sincerely doubt that he could convince the players to make these mistakes.

I'm just hoping that the lack of scheming had to do with our poor defensive performances. 

To be perfectly honest, I saw the most scheming in the first game verse the Saints, and then the amount of scheming seemed to slowly drop off after the Falcons game.

Those were the two games in which they had the most success. Here's to hoping.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots and Giants Game thread:
    [QUOTE]Ovrall, I believe that Brady and company learned valuable lessons in the New Meadowlands stadium tonight, such as, wear better cleats because everybody slips on that new astroturf like crazy.  The media is going to say that BB rode his first team harder than usual by playing them at New Meadowlands.  I say that BB got the team ready for the Jets game 17 days from now by exploring the terrain.  In doing so, he reduced the Jets' home field advantage.   I say that BB is interested in tangible benefits that lead to wins in the regular season standings. Because preseason games count zero in the standings, I take the games with a grain of salt.  Honestly, if I were the Patriots coach after the first-stringers dismantled New Orleans and Atlanta, I would order various players to each quietly commit one major gaffe in the game.  If Brady were ordered to commit a gaffe he would throw a long bomb at Randy Moss 75 yards downfield, when Brady can't actually throw the ball more than 60 yards.  If Moss were ordered to commit a gaffe he would try his best not to break up the interception or to tackle the defensive player afterwards.  Give the guy a chance to either run it back 20 yards or maybe break a touchdown.  If Tully Banta-Cain were ordered to commit a gaffe last week he would butt helmets with the quarterback, extremely gently of course (!), on third and long.  Or, TBC might leave the line of scrimmage a little bit early on a critical play.  It's the Patriots veterans that have made all of the stupid gaffes lately. Assuming that my theory is correct, BB is put in the unenviable position of having to chew his team out for gaffes that he ordered them to commit in the first place.  If it works, all of this chicanery tells the gullible national media pundits that their prognosis is correct, that the Patriots aren't going anywhere this year.  BB may be closed-mouthed, but he just isn't a perfect liar, so these press conferences lately have been hard for him to pull off.  He's pretty noncommittal at them. If all of this works, the major media will write the Pats off as incompetent.  New York will be pre-crowned as the division king.  Then the actual regular season will begin, no one will be looking for the Patriots and the Pats will tear through other teams like a wolf in a flock of sheep.  Amazing what a little deliberate subterfuge can do.  Would you trust Bill Belichick to be completely honest about something that gives his team a more winning edge?  I wouldn't.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

It sure seems like our boys PURPOSELY make bonehead plays in the preseason. But if you're right, and I THINK you're being serious, wouldn't players who were cut from the team be inclined to leak this info?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]     Same old story...the "D" can't hold a lead in the closing minutes...the Pats' can't punch it into the endzone with three tries from a yard out...the second team OL succkks, leading to an injury to good looking back-up QB, Brian Hoyer...poor play by the defensive front 7...and little if any pass-rush.          
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Same old story ... Tex loves to attack the team ... even if it means looking for flaws in the 4th stringers closing out the 4th preseason game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots and Giants Game thread : Same old story ... Tex loves to attack the team ... even if it means looking for flaws in the 4th stringers closing out the 4th preseason game.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

OK...Mighty One...tell us just how good the Pats' defense is? You and Russ drink out of the same cup. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Who is  D.Jenkins??
    Posted by NEforever[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCWtizMV6Xc

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots and Giants Game thread : I hope he makes the practice squad
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

he should make the team. Its the second game in preseason he got a sccreen and and it in for a TD.

he got signed to the PS late last year. I think he'll get a spot on the 53

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]how about the  tv coverage losing audio, going in and out of HD , man i know its preseason but it was horrible
    Posted by wolfwood[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

That was inviting. Too many homies with subjective opinions. Rather have unbiased neutral announcers. Teams get equal time and commented on. Just me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots and Giants Game thread :      OK...Mighty One...tell us just how good the Pats' defense is? You and Russ drink out of the same cup. 
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

2009 ... 17.8 ppg ... 5th in the NFL (better than the offense which was 6th)
    2008 ... 19.3 ppg ... 8th in the NFL
    2007 ... 17.1 ppg ... 4th in the NFL
    2006 ... 14.8 ppg ... 2nd in the NFL

There is not one team in the NFL that had fewer points per game than us in each of these seasons ... you should be grateful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Definitely a disappointing game.

Consider, this is the same Giants team that lost to the Ravens last week, who in turn lose to the powerful St. Louis Rams last night! But, we also saw San Diego, New Orleans, Green Bay and Indianapolis lose too.  All these teams are conidered by many a cut above the Pats this season.  So, what do we take out of this pre-season?  We saw lots of players play and we did not see the first string units play together for a full game.  Bring on the regular season!!  

Sections
Shortcuts