Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/patriots-gutting-reminders-of-past-glory/

who's who?

http://www.csnne.com/07/27/10/Pats-wiping-away-remnants-of-glory-days/v1_landing.html?blockID=278311&feedID=3352

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory

If accurate, I both love it and hate it.  I love it because it is time for the new guys to step up so they can be on the walls.  I hate it because being reminded of the people who fought before you and kicked some tail isn't a bad thing.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I like the idea - it's a clear message to the kids that they need to create their own identities and earn their own place in lore by making big, timely plays.

Plus I'm sure they'll go back up at some point.  It's just a motivational bit

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

You can't erase history......can you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory:
    Posted by Tcal2

History is written by the winners . . .

and people tend to remember things the way they wish they had been rather than the way they actually were, as often as not.

Or maybe I'm just a cynic.

Undecided

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If it works, great.  I don't think trying to erase history so much as hit home a point that says "don't think because you are a Patriot that you are a piece of the legacy, those guys earned that, and you must earn it also." 

I know that I am not in tune with what makes a great motivational technique, and probably wouldn't be moved by that symbolic gesture.  But I also know that many people can be motivated in such way (probably pro athletes), and it can give them something extra.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Posted by Tcal2

Sounds like it may be time for a good old Fashion Bon Fire down there.
    That'll take care of everything.

Tcal- As an Uneducated movie guy I keep trying to figure out where your Avatar comes from?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory : Sounds like it may be time for a good old Fashion Bon Fire down there. That'll take care of everything. Tcal- As an Uneducated movie guy I keep trying to figure out where your Avatar comes from?
    Posted by ewhite1065

it certainly is an interesting tool of motivation ill give BB that

and his avatar is jay and silent bob of the kevin smith directed movies...the batman and robin of mischevious and bong rips outside conveinence stores

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory : it certainly is an interesting tool of motivation ill give BB that and his avatar is jay and silent bob of the kevin smith directed movies...the batman and robin of mischevious and bong rips outside conveinence stores
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Thanks for the info..

BB has to do something. He probably figures the worst thing he could do after last year would be to keep everything Status Quo.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

I love this. This is classic Bill Belichick. There is always a method to his madness. Troy Brown said the facelift is to make the players get their own identity. THis team needs something to motivate the so they don't play like they did last season. so whatever works.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

I love this. This is classic Bill Belichick. There is always a method to his madness. Troy Brown said the facelift is to make the players get their own identity. THis team needs something to motivate the so they don't play like they did last season. so whatever works.
    Posted by breezer827

It IS classic BB: They are saying, "There is a Patriot's History, but it is not YOUR History."

Make your own History, don't be tied down to or lifted up by what happened in the past. If you remember during the first SB season we had a bad loss to Miami, BB took the ball from that game and buried it with the team. HE said, "That loss is behind us, It is not who we are."

The SB's of the past are behind the team of today, they do not belong to today's team, it is not who they are.

The press likes to call us a team in decline. If you have no past you have no decline.

Man I love this guy, what a way to start the year!

(Just one point to add: The Jets should do this each year. That way they can S.U.C.K. anew each year and not be tied to last years sucking.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

This means nothing.  Signing and drafting quality players is what counts in the NFL.  This rest is just nonsense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

This means nothing.  Signing and drafting quality players is what counts in the NFL.  This rest is just nonsense.
    Posted by Grogan77

That maybe true for fantasy football (gawd, I wish it had never been invented) but when you are talking real people you are wrong. Oh, BTW the NFL is a bunch of real people that play the games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory : That maybe true for fantasy football (gawd, I wish it had never been invented) but when you are talking real people you are wrong. Oh, BTW the NFL is a bunch of real people that play the games.
    Posted by rtuinila

Yeah, well I wish YOU had never been invented!  Take that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory : Sounds like it may be time for a good old Fashion Bon Fire down there. That'll take care of everything. Tcal- As an Uneducated movie guy I keep trying to figure out where your Avatar comes from?
    Posted by ewhite1065

Like Jimmy said it Jay and Silent Bob.  If you never seen the movie Dogma you must get it by any means possible.  One of the funniest Movies ever.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory : Like Jimmy said it Jay and Silent Bob.  If you never seen the movie Dogma you must get it by any means possible.  One of the funniest Movies ever.
    Posted by Tcal2

I'll check into it. I'm always looking for comedies and good ones are hard to find now adays.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory : I think it's just classic BB.  Like when he buried the football, brought in the anchor, showed them that movie about the boat or submarine/whatever it was. Every coach has their motivational tactics, and admittedly this is pretty severe, but I love the subtlety of it. It's not so subtle if you played on those teams, but I don't see Jerry Jones, Al Davis or another GM/coach having the balls to do this or even think of it as a symbolic motivational tool. I love it.
    Posted by russgriswold

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Dogma is a good one but Mallrats was Kevin Smiths best movie. IMO. I like Clerks 1 & 2 but Mallrats was just too good.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

i like mallrats too as the best...but i think that chasing amy often gets overlooked and IMO that was the best performance ben affleck has given on the big screen

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Ben Affleck's best performance is definitley O'Bannion on Dazed and Confused.
    Posted by russgriswold

i was more referring to his starring roles...but yeah...thats pretty agreeable...great flick though

i think this weekend ill have to watch it and then pop in major league to honor the memory of skipper lou brown who passed away last week

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots "gutting" reminders of past glory : I'll check into it. I'm always looking for comedies and good ones are hard to find now adays.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Great movie, LMAO funny. (Put religion on the shelf during the movie) Funniest guy in the movie, George Carlin as the Cardinal. Speaking of the Tobacco industry Carlin as the Cardinal says "Man I wish we had their numbers!"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]

Jbolted, you open your mouth (in this case type) and prove who you are.

What was the purpose of this comment? "That's like a Christian that has to wear a cross around his neck to show he believes in Jesus." It had nothing to do with the thread. Show the respect your mom forgot to teach you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I too thought Chasing Amy was a great flick. Jason Lee is just so good in all those early roles, before he became "My name is Earl". And Affleck was great in Dazed and Confused lol he played such a great D Bag. And also Major League has to be one of the best sports movies ever! lol when Lou Brown p*ssed on Roger Dorns contract I loved it lol we need real coaches to do that stuff lol. Enough of that "olay" sh*t lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

everytime i watch ricky nolasco pitch for my marlins...whenever the count has 2 strikes...the only phrase that can come to mind..."give em the heater ricky"...followed up by a dorn "strike this motherf***er out"

slow day in football news me thinks

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

LoL lots of football to talk about but who wouldnt want to chat about awesome funny movies like Major League. Give um the heater ricky! lol great movie. You do not want to mess with Joboo's rum lol You saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curve ball!? LoL
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

hats? hats for bats?

what league you play in last year vaughn? california penal league...how did you end up playing there? -stole a car

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Okay, I'll give you guys Major League.

But Mallrats?

Sometimes I weep for the future.