Patriots Announce New Preseason Broadcast Team and Format

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Patriots Announce New Preseason Broadcast Team and Format

No more Don Criqui and Randy Cross. It's unique and it sounds interesting.

According to Matt Smith, the executive producer of Kraft Sports Productions, the Patriots 2013 preseason game telecasts will be less of a traditional football broadcast, opting instead for more discussion and analysis from two former Patriots players along with insight from two beat writers who are regularly assigned to cover practices year-round.

“We are looking at the preseason games as an opportunity to try something different and find innovative ways to engage our fans in the discussion,” said Smith. “We are not looking for just a down-and-distance approach to calling the game. We want voices and opinions on what happened during the week of practice and how it relates to what fans are seeing on the field. We want a conversational, talk-radio approach on the important issues and roster battles that are going on throughout practice as well as in the game. We want our viewers to hear the opinions of the people watching every detail of the practice sessions during the week and how it relates to what is happening in the game.”

In making the format change, WBZ-TV’s Emmy Award winning reporter Dan Roche will be joined by former Patriots tight end Christian Fauria in the broadcast booth.

Former Patriots linebacker Matt Chatham will provide sideline analysis, teaming up with WBZ-TV’s Steve Burton, who will continue to provide interviews and reports from the sidelines.

Patriots Football Weekly’s Paul Perillo and Andy Hart will also be a part of the telecast. They will be in a separate studio and will provide insight and observations throughout the game and will engage viewers via social media.

Preseason Television Network
    WBZ TV.................. Boston, MA (Flagship Station)
    WPRI......................Providence, RI
    WWLP.................... Springfield, MA
    WCTX/WTNH..........Hartford/New Haven, CT
    WVII.......................  Bangor, ME (My local station)
    WMTW................... Portland/Auburn, ME
    WMUR.....................Manchester, NH
    WCAX......................Burlington, MA
    KFVE........................Honolulu, HI (Is this your doing Bubba?)

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-announce-new-preseason-broadcast-team-and-format/f8c2761a-34d1-401b-9d9d-9f59f9997c91

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Patriots Announce New Preseason Broadcast Team and Format

In response to digger0862's comment:

They were terrible.

Anything has to be better.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

They were terrible.

It was time for a change. They were good like 20 years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

im sure this comes as a cheaper price tag too!  even if its 6 guys compared to 2!  besides 2 of the 6 already work for pats...

but change here will be good, all these guys follow pats closely...should be fun!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

According to Matt Smith, the executive producer of Kraft Sports Productions, the Patriots 2013 preseason game telecasts will be less of a traditional football broadcast, opting instead for more discussion and analysis from two former Patriots players along with insight from two beat writers who are regularly assigned to cover practices year-round.

“We are looking at the preseason games as an opportunity to try something different and find innovative ways to engage our fans in the discussion,” said Smith. “We are not looking for just a down-and-distance approach to calling the game. We want voices and opinions on what happened during the week of practice and how it relates to what fans are seeing on the field. We want a conversational, talk-radio approach on the important issues and roster battles that are going on throughout practice as well as in the game. We want our viewers to hear the opinions of the people watching every detail of the practice sessions during the week and how it relates to what is happening in the game.”

In making the format change, WBZ-TV’s Emmy Award winning reporter Dan Roche will be joined by former Patriots tight end Christian Fauria in the broadcast booth.

Former Patriots linebacker Matt Chatham will provide sideline analysis, teaming up with WBZ-TV’s Steve Burton, who will continue to provide interviews and reports from the sidelines.

Patriots Football Weekly’s Paul Perillo and Andy Hart will also be a part of the telecast. They will be in a separate studio and will provide insight and observations throughout the game and will engage viewers via social media.

Preseason Television Network
    WBZ TV.................. Boston, MA (Flagship Station)
    WPRI......................Providence, RI
    WWLP.................... Springfield, MA
    WCTX/WTNH..........Hartford/New Haven, CT
    WVII.......................  Bangor, ME (My local station)
    WMTW................... Portland/Auburn, ME
    WMUR.....................Manchester, NH
    WCAX......................Burlington, MA
    KFVE........................Honolulu, HI (Is this your doing Bubba?)

http://www.patriots.com/news/article-1/Patriots-announce-new-preseason-broadcast-team-and-format/f8c2761a-34d1-401b-9d9d-9f59f9997c91

WVII-TV7.   Feel the love for another pine tree state poster. You must live somewhere between Newport and Lincoln (n/s) and Eastport and guilford- Dover area (e/w)? Small world my friend. Probably pass ya on the highway or if were both lucky...cruising on the dirt roads of the studmill road heading to our favorite hunting/fishing spots!!:) love to run into locals on here!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

They were terrible.

It was time for a change. They were good like 20 years ago.

Matt Chattam was a regualr weekly guest on EEI last year. He did a great job of breaking down the x's and o's from the previous game and then previewing the upcoming weeks game. Looking forward to his insight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

WVII-TV7. Feel the love for another pine tree state poster. You must live somewhere between Newport and Lincoln (n/s) and Eastport and guilford- Dover area (e/w)? Small world my friend. Probably pass ya on the highway or if were both lucky...cruising on the dirt roads of the studmill road heading to our favorite hunting/fishing spots!!:) love to run into locals on here!

I grew up in Bucksport, now living in Orrington, working in Bangor. I love it here. I spent some time working in Acton, Mass and parts of Georgia. I knew you were in the area when you commented on Stephen King a while back. There's not many of us Mainiacs here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

WVII-TV7.   Feel the love for another pine tree state poster. You must live somewhere between Newport and Lincoln (n/s) and Eastport and guilford- Dover area (e/w)? Small world my friend. Probably pass ya on the highway or if were both lucky...cruising on the dirt roads of the studmill road heading to our favorite hunting/fishing spots!!:) love to run into locals on here!

I've been on the studmill road a few times. I've fished Chesuncook Lake, climbed Mt. Katahdin, swam under waterfalls on pleasant river and hiked parts of the Appalachian Trail to Gulf Hagas. It's a beautiful wilderness. When I lived in Georgia many there thought that Maine was part of maritime Canada.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The tv broadcasts are very strange when you really think about it.  As we sit and watch what happens, someone tells us what's happening.  It makes sense for the radio, but not tv.  As I watch Brady drop back to pass, why do I need the play-by-play guy to tell me, "Brady drops back to pass".  It's the same in all sports.

I've often wished I could mute the broadcasters and just listen to the sounds of the game. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Sounds good, I hope they are not afraid to tell it like it is (which I'm assuming they won't). But I like the change - you can't get any worse than Don Criqui.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

WVII-TV7. Feel the love for another pine tree state poster. You must live somewhere between Newport and Lincoln (n/s) and Eastport and guilford- Dover area (e/w)? Small world my friend. Probably pass ya on the highway or if were both lucky...cruising on the dirt roads of the studmill road heading to our favorite hunting/fishing spots!!:) love to run into locals on here!

I grew up in Bucksport, now living in Orrington, working in Bangor. I love it here. I spent some time working in Acton, Mass and parts of Georgia. I knew you were in the area when you commented on Stephen King a while back. There's not many of us Mainiacs here.

Nice! I'm from machias originally...now live in milford--north of old town. My aunts family was/is from bucksport...the tweedies. No, your right, not a lot of mainers on here. Some would probably thinks its because we don't all have electricity yet!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Nice! I'm from machias originally...now live in milford--north of old town. My aunts family was/is from bucksport...the tweedies. No, your right, not a lot of mainers on here. Some would probably thinks its because we don't all have electricity yet!!

Wow, small world. Our families know each other well.

We just got electricity last week! Next we're going to work on getting indoor plumbing!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

They should have Babe and Rusty live tweeting a game night version of their ongoing daily flame war and have it appear in a crawl along the bottom of the screen

Now that's innovative television

It will be lively and entertaining at least...in contrast to the usual, bland blatherings of Burton, Roche et al

Sections
Shortcuts