Patriots are embarrassing the city of Boston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from habsno17. Show habsno17's posts

Patriots are embarrassing the city of Boston

Five years and nothing to show for it, longest championship drought in the region.

BTW, this is sarcasm (I know its obvious, but sometimes people dont get these things), its great to live here and be a sports fan, isnt it?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Patriots are embarrassing the city of Boston

In Response to Patriots are embarrassing the city of Boston:
    Five years and nothing to show for it, longest championship drought in the region. BTW, this is sarcasm (I know its obvious, but sometimes people dont get these things), its great to live here and be a sports fan, isnt it?
    Posted by habsno17

It's 6 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Five years and nothing to show for it, longest championship drought in the region. BTW, this is sarcasm (I know its obvious, but sometimes people dont get these things), its great to live here and be a sports fan, isnt it?
    Posted by habsno17

The funniest part, to me, was the need to point out it's sarcasm. We both know if you hadn't, people would be hammering you.

How's life up in Mount Royal anyway?

Come by anytime, your Bs board posts are often hilarious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Posted by habsno17
    glad u posted. was holding off on this one for i have like 50 threads already. my thread would have been: I AM 11, HAVE THE PATS EVER WON A CHAMPIONSHIP? I HAVE NO MEMORY OF IT!

isnt that the truth? from "my" 11 yo mind, i know the sox have won, celts and bruins. but when were the pats ever great? seems like the ancient days. if a teee falls and noone is there to remember it, does it exist? 

funny, how the pats started all this with 2 1/2 rings before anyone else came along. belichick raised the bar the sox had to compete with and respond to. then theo and sox did in 2004 as pats were making another run. 2007, celts had to go all-out for garnett and ray allen to get in the game. voila they too got a ring. the DROUGHT and curse started. i thought it was it was always going to be like that. finally as i turned "11" last month, the bruins started making a run. now, after a long cold spell of about 3 calendar years, the bruins finally give me that championship feeling again. celts blew it last year. 

i now expect a boston team to ALWAYS get to the finals and be bringing home rings. i dont know any different. seriously, was it ever different? did people actually have to wait more than 2 years without one of their teams making the playoffs or more than 3 begore getting a ring? its our birthright for we cheer for boston sports teams. isnt it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Y'ALL ARE EMBARRASSMENTS TO YOUR PARENTS.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

Posted by habsno17

Darn you Habs, I was going to post the same thing. You beat me to it. Post the Canadian Nat. Anthem now and dedicate to the Canucks. That was hilarious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Sarcasm doesn't usually work on these boards because people are usually serious about the left field comments they make. Too many idiots makes determining if someone is sarcastic or serious very difficult. 

I'd say about 25 percent of the people here really are pissed the Pats haven't won a super bowl in 5 years and think BB should go especially for not drafting a pass rusher. They were ready to drive him out of town after the first 3 games of last season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Let's face it, we are spoiled.  Alot of young kids (25yrs or younger) think that winning championships every year is the norm.  They weren't around for the droughts.  If you are a Boston sports fan this is truly the golden days.  I can't believe that it could get much better but it just may.   The Red Sox look like they have a good chance at maybe a third championship in a decade and let's face it,  the Pats should be better than last year and look like they are built for the future.   Yes, it's a great time to be a Boston sports fan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

People cannot discern between sarcasm and trollishness.  Some posters here are like African honey bees waiting for a poor animal to get within ten feet of the hive.  The attacks can be unmerciful. 

Nothing wrong with a little sarcastic humour.  The fact that you have to couch your sarcasm with a disclaimer is really the funny part and speaks to the killer bee mentality around here.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

the top 3 out of 4 there all have a similar spin....in every post what did forrest gump used to say???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Lets hope we win it all, like ant other teams fans dont get cocky

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

there is no room for sarcasm on the internet, this is some serious business this arm chair quarterbacking.

Sections
Shortcuts