Patriots Are Not Old!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Patriots Are Not Old!

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing how the Pats are old. It's really not true. One could argue ineffective, but not old. The D-line is all under 30. Only Matt Light is over 30 on the O-line. Out of the LB's, Bruschi is obviously old, and many will say Vrabel. Ad is just over 30, and Mayo is just 20. On top of that you have players like Guyton and Woods adding youth and depth. In the secondary you have Rodney Harrison. It doesn't look to me like these players are the problem. In fact, I would argue that Harrison is off to his best start since '04, and Vrabel just made the Pro Bowl last year. The bottom line is that the "old" thing is just an easy way to explain why the defense was torn up. Still doesn't make it true...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

Patriots Are Not Old!

I agree with You rcasey, IMHO, It's the whole "bend don't break" mentality/schematics of our Defensive Coordinator... Bend don't break is a phenomenal ethos when your offense is putting up several TDs, in which case Your actually helping to Win the game it seems, letting the other Teams Offense drive halfway down the field with meaningless plays, eating up the clock, and granting them a field goal now and then. Now, However, with an Offense that has put up less than 19 pts a game in 4 of 5 games, I just think We need a D that is ALL about ATTACKING the other Team. I was just watching Any Given Sunday with Pacino, and I think He said it best by saying, "I'm not gonna eat your lunch If ya get burned, but do it right, get burned Big Time." What He was saying is, in other words, go ALL OUT on D, and attack, attack, attack, In for a penny, in for a pound... I remember a time when The Patriot's Defense was good for at least 1 score a game. Also, when You're playing a bend don't break Defensive set, IT cCANNOT be good for your overall mentality and overall "HUNGER", letting the other Team drive, drive, and drive on you when at the same time you know your offense is going to be 3 and out anyways, and can't even match a field goal in bend don't break...

Thoughts ANYONE?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Patriots Are Not Old!

Now I am the one to agree with you! I think your right, "bend" is not working for this team. I think it would be a lot of fun to see BB let the D lolose and let them attack all the time....what do we have to lose at this point?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tscjigga. Show tscjigga's posts

Patriots Are Not Old!

This is a 3-4 defense. If both your pass rushers are over 30, your obviously going to have speed issues. One of the reasons we cannot put pressure on the quarterback. Bruschi is 35, and can barely make tackles now. Hell he didn't even get 1 tackle. We have the oldest players in the area which we need youth the most.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots Are Not Old!

they may not be old, but they are slow, and the secondary is pathetic. they don't have any fire. plus they got outcoached agianst SD for the first time. TB can't alwsy carry the team on his shoulders. the coaching staffneeds to evaluate their talent and see who wants to win and can win till next season.

i saw green-ellis make a great block when he came in, maybe that's what needs to happen, get some young hungry, fast talent in there and shake up the good 'ol boy network that's been going on with BB and some of the veterans.

the truth about the defense was concealed by the offense last year by beating everybody by three touchdowns, but the defense is not what is was during the first 3 sup;er bowls.

though the o-line is hampered, the pats havw the RBs and WRs to get the job done, what they need is a better choice than cassell, hmmmm maybe they need to start o'connel next game

the other problem is after 5 years of domination the other teams are finding ways to beat the pats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Patriots Are Not Old!

We seem to have a mixture of cb's--a couple of rookies--a couple of vets. My question is--how can they all suck so bad? Or, is it the defensive scheme that sucks. How can you play 10 yds of the line and still get beat deep! Very frustrating. I'm no expert, especially on x's and o's, but I just don't understand that. Here's the crazy part--I think they will play really well against Denver. It just seems after every game they look bad--they bounce back with a good game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

Patriots Are Not Old!

I agree that the old stereotype isn't really accurate and people use it because its easy. However can someone please explain why the Pats have gotten zero sacks in the last 2 weeks.

I understand a little but I am very very far from an expert. What is wrong with the Dline. I know that are supposed to play gap control and diagnose plays not simply attack but why aren't they as effective as last year.

I'm not really upset about the offense because unfortunately its understandable after losing Brady but the Dline really has me perplexed.

Even AD he is gets pressue some games but is often just a few inches from a sack. The Pass rush needs some serious help. I can't see how it would hurt to have Crable active for a game and at least see what he can do on 3rd down. If he fails it will be no worse then they are doing right now anyways.

And I agree the corners are really hurting the team my only hope is Wheatley and Whilhite grow up really fast and overtake oneal on the depth chart.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Patriots Are Not Old!

I wouldn't mind seeing a Crable, Mayo, Guyton, Thomas starting lineup at linebacker. I agree on the corners being not good. We could put Wilhite and Wheatley out there and get as much production as O'Neal and Hobbs last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

Patriots Are Not Old!

Wiz I am all for trying out that roster especially against the rams in 2 weeks or oak.

Hopefull the O can score on Denver because I don't want the D having to win that game... it could be ugly.

Sections
Shortcuts