Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD

In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE] Nice report. What's up with Woodhead? On the 1st pick it looked as if he didn't turn quickly enough. And I couldn't figuire out why they'd throw to him in the Red Zone anyway. On the Ocho pick it's his job to know where the guy covering him is and to break up the pass if he can't, in fact, catch it himself.  Do you think that the defensive backfield should have known enough to let the Bills score a TD at the end? At that point, when they were already in field goal range, wasn't our only hope to let them score a TD quickly and then with 1:45 left Brady marches us down the field for the tying TD? It may seem counter intuitive but I think that's what we should have done.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

Go back and look at the throw again. Woodhead's 5'9" on a good day. Gronk would have had to stretch for that pass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Well, I'm still sticking to what Brady would say...it was a team effort to meltdown that badly! Brady certainly made some bad throws. Unless Woodhead was wearing an 87 jersey, the throw that got picked was way too high. As for 85, I think it's to the point where he's got to put up or shut up (and by shut up I mean pack his bags and go)! For whatever reason he and Brady just don't have "it" together. Though the drop in the red zone was all on Chad. Evidently Bodden isn't as good as he was pre-injury, and McCourty is having a sophomore slump! I think Chung was missed for "directing traffic" in the secondary. I also saw a lot of outright missed tackles by the DL and LBs on running plays and screens. Jackson came into the game as the leading rusher in the NFL, so it's not like they got burned by some backup! But the coverage just wasn't there deep. Fitzy is a very good QB, IMO, he has great accuracy and strength. I was hoping McCourty would improve, rather he's gone the other way! Dowling is good, and has better height than these guys...when he can stay on the field. And they sorely missed Haynesworth and Ellis on the line. They used to have much better depth at DL.Wes, Gronk, and the O-line were the only ones who deserve "passing" grades for this game. It was also an interesting thought that maybe BB has too much on his plate to properly coach the defense without a coordinator. It wa a dreadful 32 minutes of football, and they deserved to lose...pretty much all of them!

There is the dark cloud. Now for the silver lining. Chances are Brady had his one horrific game of the season. Better now than in January! I'm sure he was disgusted with his own prformance and will put in extra effort not to let this happen again. We all remember what happened in the 03 rematch. And for those who are into "superstitions" or "trends", the last tme Buffalo beat them in September they went on to go 34-3 in their next 37 games and win two Lombardis back to back! The defense needs to improve greatly for that to happen again. Tom may have flunked yesterday, but he'll get a "makeup exam". The only GOOD news of the day was that the Raiders spanked the Jests! Now they need to win next week to grab a tiebreaker...it may seem far fetched, but anything helps! One thing I was musing on, though. I wonder what odds you could have got in the offseason to bet both the Bills and Lions would be undefeated and leading their divisions in October? That's like drawing four of a kind in five card draw!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I may not like the Buffalo referee calls at all, but my numbers only care about the final score.  Why didn’t New England somehow buy off that game in their own direction?  And will games be fixed again in the future?  Why wasn’t a Green Bay game fixed against them?  My numbers have to reflect the reality of the situation.

Power ratings for week 4, does not include the Monday night game for week 3.

1   gb   14.3   (last wk. 2)

2   ne   13.9   (last wk. 1)

3   bal   12.1   (last wk. 6)  Someone got stomped, so suspect a second stomping someday.

4   det   11.6   (last wk. 3)

5   no   10.7   (last wk. 10)  I heard rumors, but couldn't be sure that they were that good.

6   pit   10.6   (last wk. 5)

7   chi   10.2   (last wk. 7)

8   nyj   10.1   (last wk. 4)

9   buf   9.9   (last wk. 17)  Buffalo catching the Jets?!

10   oak   9.8   (last wk. 18)  Oakland stood up.

11   hou   9.6   (last wk. 9)

12   nyg   9.3   (last wk. 16)

13   tb   8.9   (last wk. 13)

14   atl   8.8   (last wk. 11)

15   phi   8.7   (last wk. 8)  Philly with Vick or without?  Two different teams.

16   dal   8.7   (last wk. 14)

17   sd   7.9   (last wk. 12)  I had KC as a truly awful team, and letting them hang close was a bad sign.

18   min   7.5   (last wk. 19)

19   ten   7.1   (last wk. 15)

20   was   7.0   (last wk. 22)

21   sf   6.7   (last wk. 24)

22   mia   6.6   (last wk. 23)

23   cin   6.4   (last wk. 20)

24   cle   6.2   (last wk. 21)

25   den   5.9   (last wk. 27)

26   ind   5.5   (last wk. 26)

27   kc   4.5   (last wk. 31)

28   jac   4.0   (last wk. 25)

29   az   3.9   (last wk. 28)

30   car   3.4   (last wk. 30)

31   stl   3.3   (last wk. 29)

32   sea   3.0   (last wk. 32)  Beating Arizona at home did not prove very much at all, but congratulations on your first win.

My up-to-date point spread estimates for week 4, no Vegas numbers yet.

Visitor / home / my points

car       chi            13.2

det       dal            -1.4

min       kc            -1.5

buf       cin            -2.3

ten        cle            1.7

was      stl            -2.5

sf          phi            6.0

pit        hou            1.5

no        jac            -7.0

atl         sea            -5.7

nyg       az            -5.2

ne         oak            -3.2

den       gb            15.7

mia       sd            5.0

nyj        bal            5.9

ind        tb            8.0

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]Well, I'm still sticking to what Brady would say...it was a team effort to meltdown that badly! Brady certainly made some bad throws. Unless Woodhead was wearing an 87 jersey, the throw that got picked was way too high. As for 85, I think it's to the point where he's got to put up or shut up (and by shut up I mean pack his bags and go)! For whatever reason he and Brady just don't have "it" together. Though the drop in the red zone was all on Chad. Evidently Bodden isn't as good as he was pre-injury, and McCourty is having a sophomore slump! I think Chung was missed for "directing traffic" in the secondary. I also saw a lot of outright missed tackles by the DL and LBs on running plays and screens. Jackson came into the game as the leading rusher in the NFL, so it's not like they got burned by some backup! But the coverage just wasn't there deep. Fitzy is a very good QB, IMO, he has great accuracy and strength. I was hoping McCourty would improve, rather he's gone the other way! Dowling is good, and has better height than these guys...when he can stay on the field. And they sorely missed Haynesworth and Ellis on the line. They used to have much better depth at DL.Wes, Gronk, and the O-line were the only ones who deserve "passing" grades for this game. It was also an interesting thought that maybe BB has too much on his plate to properly coach the defense without a coordinator. It wa a dreadful 32 minutes of football, and they deserved to lose...pretty much all of them! There is the dark cloud. Now for the silver lining. Chances are Brady had his one horrific game of the season. Better now than in January! I'm sure he was disgusted with his own prformance and will put in extra effort not to let this happen again. We all remember what happened in the 03 rematch. And for those who are into "superstitions" or "trends", the last tme Buffalo beat them in September they went on to go 34-3 in their next 37 games and win two Lombardis back to back! The defense needs to improve greatly for that to happen again. Tom may have flunked yesterday, but he'll get a "makeup exam". The only GOOD news of the day was that the Raiders spanked the Jests! Now they need to win next week to grab a tiebreaker...it may seem far fetched, but anything helps! One thing I was musing on, though. I wonder what odds you could have got in the offseason to bet both the Bills and Lions would be undefeated and leading their divisions in October? That's like drawing four of a kind in five card draw!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Thank god Bub- a voice of reason- has shown up to post an intelligent comment about the game !!  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yes I believe Belichick was outcoached. No BB didn't throw the interceptions, but the game plan also made scant use of the running backs. esp. Ridley. The Bills found our offense predictable and burned the secondary.
    Yes, I thought the Bills final drive keeping the ball out of Brady's hands and running out the play clock was well done. Inspite or despite the refs, who I don't think were much of a factor in this game regarding the PATS loss. PATS beat themselves.
    The Bills pretty much owned the 2nd half.
    Not a game for BB's highlight reels.
    On to the next!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD :      Do you  really think that BB was outcoached? How? After  all, did BB throw those four picks? Take just two of those away, and the Patriots win this game rather easily.      Brilliant use of play clock by the Bills? Are you referring to their final drive, when Fred Jackson was ruled down on the half yard line? It took no great skill to make a decision for them to  take a knee, rather than punch it in, and give Brady 1:45, plus two time-outs, to tie it up. If the  Bills did anything else, they'd be idiots.       Bill lost his mind?? I would have too, after seeing all those bogus calls made against his team. No biggie about losing the time out. The game was over when the ref ruled that Jackson was down at the half yard line.  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Rushing for over 100 yards equates to a D?  Interesting, I always thought 100 was the magic number for a good day?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]I was curious to see your report card today.  While certainly 4 int's is reason for an F, Brady did put numbers on the board.  It's not like he got shut down and wasn't able to lead the team to the endzone.  He made enough plays and they scored enough points to clearly win a game.  I'm putting the loss on the Defense.  They can't rush the QB, they can't cover a receiver, they can't stop the run. They allowed way to many points.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Putting up numbers is for fantasy footballers. In the real world 4 ints including a pick 6 in the 4th and a red zone int that should never been thrown qualifies as awful. That's 10 points Brady was directly responsible for. We lost by 3. Do the math.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD : Sheard and Reed to name 2, both available at 28 and 33. And not to mention Cam Jordan...
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

If the Pats had chosen Jordan, they couldn't have draft Solder. Solder thus far looks to be the better player...and has pro-bowl potential.

Ras-I Dowling was starting at CB for the Pats, before being sidelined (yet again) with an injury. Still, if he can ever stay healthy, Dowling looks like he can play. 

Sheard and Reed are good prospects...especially Sheard. Here are their stats, thus far:

1.) Sheard: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24824;

2.) Reed:  http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24829

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex, 2 of those Int's were not Brady's fault. the bounce of Woodhead hands and the bounce of the helmet of the Bills defender.  Brady's should get at least a "C"  The coaching and defense should all get an "F".
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

I completely disagree. Both were errant throws by Brady. He forced that high and wide throw to a well covered Danny Woodhead...instead of giving up on the play, by throwing the ball away. 

A QB cannot have his passes being tipped at the line of scrimmage, Tipped balls will many times result in picks.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]For the most part I agree. Though it wasn't just Brady, as with Romo in week 1 Brady blew this game, imo. Deflections happen and create ints but Brady can't throw 4 ints 3 of them being inside the 20's. If he had only thrown 1 less int they could have won the game. There was zero pass rush yet again this game. The secondary stinks but the pass rush stinks even worse right now. What happened to this pass rush that looked so good this pre-season? For me it all comes back to the draft and drafting a pass rusher. Every year people complain about not drafting one early and every year we get killed by people saying BB knows what he's doing and doesn't need to spend high in the draft for a pass rusher. I bet a lot of people are wishing we spent a 1st on at least 1 pass rusher in the last 3 years.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

"Every year people complain about not drafting one early and every year we get killed by people saying BB knows what he's doing and doesn't need to spend high in the draft for a pass rusher. I bet a lot of people are wishing we spent a 1st on at least 1 pass rusher in the last 3 years."

eng, this is one of the critical points about todays patriots. there are many others. i'll let this stand by itself for it's significance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]always a great job on the report card Pat.  I disagree with only one thing, not sure if I'd give Brady an F, unless it was Brady that called so few running plays for Ridley. More running would have been good to see. Anytime your offense puts up 31 points you should win the game, and at least two of those interceptions were flukey, not blameless, but flukey. I'm not saying Brady played great, but I'd say a D would be the grade, or D-. I'd save an "F" for when the offense puts up 14 or less points. Other than that, pretty much agree down the line.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

"Brady that called so few running plays for Ridley. More running would have been good to see. "
    thanks fro calling out obrian, and whoever is deciding not to play ridley as the # 1 back since game one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD : So TRUE! its ridiculous now. A top rate Defensive Coordinator is desperately needed, along with a jacked up defense!
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

dont let the talent on offense fool you. we need an offensive coordinator equally.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Tex I think your anaylsis is dead on. The only comment I would make is i think Branch was constantly blanketed which is what opened the field for Welker and resulted in no balls going Branch's way. Also I like the looks of Ridley, think BB is breaking him in slowly and we will see more and more of him each week (i hope!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The defense is absolutely horrible.  Blame goes squarely on Belichek in my eyes. Bad players, bad drafting, lack of a first rate D-Coordinator, old-fat- slow -retreads of a defensive line does not cut it in todays NFL.   I think BB is a good coach, but I also saw that all his  Superbowl wins came with a core of tremendous defensive players.  I also realize that most of them were drafted by Parcells, not Belichek.  Belichek is supposed to be a defensive genius, but we've been aweful, truely aweful on defense for that past 3-5 years.   Too bad...we have an all-world QB whose wasting the best years of his career because they can't stop anyone on defense. 
    Posted by RiceintheHall[/QUOTE]

rice,
    youre in my head. those are my words :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I actually agree with the "F" for Brady. One can try and blame Ochocinco for one of those with a bad route, but I don't see it that way at all...he simply wasn't open, and the pass looked like it sucked to me. The INT to Gronk was the same....el sucko!! Big yards or not Brady threw some bad passes that were huge turnovers. Please someone tell me why O'Brien is handing the ball off to Edelman in the backfield when we have guys like Ridley who are chomping at the bit to run over someone? This kid runs hard, and in my eyes, runs a LOT harder than BJGE. Give him a chance!! The Defense....hmmmm....I'm really trying to stay patient, and see if these guys can gel into something special. I have to admit, my patience is wearing thin. Yes it's only week 3, but seriously how can we possibly look like we did in the pre-season rushing the QB, and then it appears like we are almost scared to be aggressive, and start calling more blitzes. And I wish (anyone) had an answer for Bodden & McCourty. McCourty looks like he has zero confidence, and Bodden seems to be a step or two behind everyone he covers. What the heck happened to these two? They are so much better than this!!
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

hey tan,
    "Please someone tell me why O'Brien is handing the ball off to Edelman in the backfield when we have guys like Ridley who are chomping at the bit to run over someone? This kid runs hard, and in my eyes, runs a LOT harder than BJGE. Give him a chance!!"

because HE IS A GENIUS ---------- IN THE BIZARRO WORLD OF OPPOSITES.

re: "Bodden & McCourty. McCourty looks like he has zero confidence, and Bodden seems to be a step or two behind everyone he covers. What the heck happened to these two? They are so much better than this!!"

THEY need a defensive back coach, not this merry go round -we'll teach them what they will know-coach in training absolute bs the pats employ since weiss and crennel left.

it truly appears bb is not secure enough to have a weighty o and d coordinator. the only other possible reason would be money and thats just stupid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]good post, but i disagree our problem is talent, atleast on offense  it aint. Look at the Raiders.....playing with a bunch of 7th round and undrafted Wr's and even Buffalos WR's are nobodys after S.Johnson who is also a late pick  we got plenty of talent even w/out # 81 on the field, but the playcalling is only good at getting leads.  The playcalling cannot help us to hold leads...which is a joke at this level....
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

hey jey,
    "The playcalling cannot help us to hold leads...which is a joke at this level...."

a joke for a supposed good team yes (or for a well coached team).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD : hey tan, " Please someone tell me why O'Brien is handing the ball off to Edelman in the backfield when we have guys like Ridley who are chomping at the bit to run over someone? This kid runs hard, and in my eyes, runs a LOT harder than BJGE. Give him a chance!!" because HE IS A GENIUS ---------- IN THE BIZARRO WORLD OF OPPOSITES. re: "Bodden & McCourty. McCourty looks like he has zero confidence, and Bodden seems to be a step or two behind everyone he covers. What the heck happened to these two? They are so much better than this!!" THEY need a defensive back coach, not this merry go round -we'll teach them what they will know-coach in training absolute bs the pats employ since weiss and crennel left. it truly appears bb is not secure enough to have a weighty o and d coordinator. the only other possible reason would be money and thats just stupid.
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Why is Bill O'Brien always blamed when things go wrong...yet BB always gets the credit when things go well?

What's the big deal about that one bad play with Edelman? Did it cost the Pats the game? Or...did Brady and his four picks do that? 

Bodden and McCourty have zero confidence? The way they've been getting burnt, they shouldn't be confident! This begs the question...are these guys really that good? In previous threads, I've been ridiculed for commenting that Leigh Bodden is nothing more than an average CB. I'm not worried about McCourty. In fairness to both, they're suffering from the Pats' failure to establish a consistent pass-rush, and, more importantly, the Pats' glaring weakness at free-safety. In any event, something needs to be done to change the coverage schemes. The Pats are giving up too many big plays.

As for why the Pats don't have "name" coordinators...the reason is money. BB doesn't believe in paying top dollar to keep top assistant coaches. This doesn't appear to make sense...considering that assistant coaches salaries aren't part of the salary cap.     

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Yes I believe Belichick was outcoached. No BB didn't throw the interceptions, but the game plan also made scant use of the running backs. esp. Ridley. The Bills found our offense predictable and burned the secondary. Yes, I thought the Bills final drive keeping the ball out of Brady's hands and running out the play clock was well done. Inspite or despite the refs, who I don't think were much of a factor in this game regarding the PATS loss. PATS beat themselves. The Bills pretty much owned the 2nd half. Not a game for BB's highlight reels. On to the next! In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD :
    Posted by darwk[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry...but I don't see this loss having anything to do with poor coaching by BB, and good coaching by Gailey. I see it as poor execution by Tom Brady...who was given excellent protection by his OL throughout the game. Committing four turnovers, especially on the road, will get a team beat every time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD :      Why is Bill O'Brien always blamed when things go wrong...yet BB always gets the credit when things go well?      What's the big deal about that one bad play with Edelman? Did it cost the Pats the game? Or...did Brady and his four picks do that?       Bodden and McCourty have zero confidence? The way they've been getting burnt, they shouldn't be confident! This begs the question...are these guys really that good? In previous threads, I've been ridiculed for commenting that Leigh Bodden is nothing more than an average CB. I'm not worried about McCourty. In fairness to both, they're suffering from the Pats' failure to establish a consistent pass-rush, and, more importantly, the Pats' glaring weakness at free-safety. In any event, something needs to be done to change the coverage schemes. The Pats are giving up too many big plays.      As for why the Pats don't have "name" coordinators...the reason is money. BB doesn't believe in paying top dollar to keep top assistant coaches. This doesn't appear to make sense...considering that assistant coaches salaries aren't part of the salary cap.     

TP how do you know what they pay their coordinators? How do you know they wouldn't pay capers? Where are you getting this information, or is just your opinion.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD : TP how do you know what they pay their coordinators? How do you know they wouldn't pay capers?
    Where are you getting this information, or is just your opinion.
    Posted by NEGAME2[/QUOTE]

BB's frugal approach to assistants goes back as far as when Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel were here:  

"Speaking of coaching free agents, it is believed the contract of New England secondary coach Eric Mangini, whose stature league-wide was only enhanced by the performance of his undermanned unit this year, expires after the Super Bowl. If that is the case, Mangini could face a difficult decision. The 10-year NFL veteran is probably scheduled as the heir to the Pats defensive coordinator post once incumbent Romeo Crennel departs to become the Cleveland Browns head coach. But he might also be pursued by Saban who, while assembling a terrific offense staff, is having problems filling the defensive coordinator post. Given the contracts that Saban has awarded his assistants so far, the money likely would be greater for Mangini with the Dolphins. The Patriots, who engender admirable loyalty in their assistants, do not have one of the league's higher-paid staffs and there seems to be a choking point beyond which owner Bob Kraft and coach Bill Belichick won't go for an assistant. Neither Crennel nor offensive coordinator Charlie Weis, for example, are in the burgeoning million-dollar club for assistant coaches, and might never have joined that fraternity had they remained in New England." http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1977710 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD :      If the Pats had chosen Jordan, they couldn't have draft Solder. Solder thus far looks to be the better player...and has pro-bowl potential.      Ras-I Dowling was starting at CB for the Pats, before being sidelined (yet again) with an injury. Still, if he can ever stay healthy, Dowling looks like he can play.       Sheard and Reed are good prospects...especially Sheard. Here are their stats, thus far: 1.) Sheard: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24824 ; 2.) Reed:   http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/24829

You could have easily, if you moved "up" (I know, that's a blasphemous thought with a BB draft). In fact, he had the flexibility to do a lot with that draft. But instead, we do what we always do with the draft, move down and into next year, and then suffer the same consequences with the defense. At some point, he's going to realize that he needs playmakers on the non-offensive side of the ball too, not everybody else's rejects. 

Dowling's career at UVA would suggest that he will miss more games than he plays, so I wouldn't look to him to be the savior of this secondary. The guys he really missed the boat on were Watt and/or Kerrigan, each of whom look like "playmakers" who were in striking distance if WE MOVED UP.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD : You could have easily, if you moved " up " (I know, that's a blasphemous thought with a BB draft). In fact, he had the flexibility to do a lot with that draft. But instead, we do what we always do with the draft, move down and into next year, and then suffer the same consequences with the defense. At some point, he's going to realize that he needs playmakers on the non-offensive side of the ball too, not everybody else's rejects.  Dowling's career at UVA would suggest that he will miss more games than he plays, so I wouldn't look to him to be the savior of this secondary. The guys he really missed the boat on were Watt and/or Kerrigan, each of whom look like "playmakers" who were in striking distance if WE MOVED UP.
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

The Pats wouldn't have had to "move up" to select Jordan. He was taken after Solder. I'd much rather have Solder than Kerrigan. Based on what I've seen thus far, Solder has pro-bowl potential as a LT.

J.J. Watt can play. But, he would have never become a Patriot...since he's represented by agent Tom Condon, who BB despises.

You're right regarding Dowling. For the 2011 draft to be a success, Dowling must become a solid player...and must show that he can stay healthy.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex I think your anaylsis is dead on. The only comment I would make is i think Branch was constantly blanketed which is what opened the field for Welker and resulted in no balls going Branch's way. Also I like the looks of Ridley, think BB is breaking him in slowly and we will see more and more of him each week (i hope!)
    Posted by Quagmire3[/QUOTE]

Well...that would explain why Branch didn't see any action. But, from a coaching standpoint, if you were preparing for the Pats, would you emphasize stopping Branch? I would think that containing Wes Welker or Gronk would be the main concerns in the secondary. 

I also expect that we'll see more of Ridley.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

A team scheming to take out Branch?  LOL!  His inneffective play, the superior play of BUF's DBs, and the play-calling did it.
    As for Brady being fully to blame.  Ridiculous.  You've got to count both the good and the bad an individual is responsible for.  A big heaping of the blame definitely goes to Brady.  All?  That's ignorant. 
    A rational fan looks at both sides of the ledgers.  For instance, it's not just turnovers that matter, it is the "turnover battle."  Brady put up big yards and 4 tds.  A 1 to 1 td to int ratio is no F grade.  C- in my book.  D+ at worst. 
    Buffalo played well, our D didn't, and our offense made some big mistakes.  There were a few questionable penalties, the ball bounced funny a couple times.  Add all that together and you've got a loss.  Simple hindsight blame is for simpletons.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here are some cold, hard football facts on the Patriots' loss at Buffalo: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/2_4122_New_England_Patriots_Fall_To_Buffalo_Bills_34-31%3A_5_Things_We_Learned.html