Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: Patriots @ Bills REPORT CARD

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

The defense was pretty good for the most part.

You mean other than letting a nodody rookie lay a 105 on them, right?

As usual baby is already dumping on the defense because he can't bring himself to critisise Brady's offense.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

In response to glenr's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

The defense was pretty good for the most part.

You mean other than letting a nodody rookie lay a 105 on them, right?

As usual baby is already dumping on the defense because he can't bring himself to critisise Brady's offense.

What happened to the patriot forum you were raving about that was so much better then this one? 

^^ this guy starts a thread 2 weeks ago about how crap our forum is Yet he is still here posting. 

what a clown you are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Strange game indeed.

i can't remember when the pats offense looked so out of synch. I think you said 2006, and that sounds about right. 

i think we all expect growing pains with the offense but I honestly expected sudfeld especially to catch a pass or two and be a bigger part of the offense. Getting Gronk back healthy will be the single most important thing we can do until the kids pick up the pro game. 

Nice write up by the way my fellow Texan! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Thanx again for the usual good work Tex. I dont know how you do it. I am still recovering today. I got pretty much what i expected yesterday, but maybe I thought the passing game would be a little better considering Buffalos secondary being hurt and missing some guys.  What can you say though? Another 4th quarter comeback from the Great one!

I thought this game was good for some fans here to see. There was lot of hype around this offense based on preseason I thought was premature. (Fans saying Sudfeld had best hands on team?!?!?!, J.Collins best tackler on team!??!) Lots of crazy things get said with new players, but I cautioned about all the hype. Now we see what the regular season will be like. A challenge every week! BUT, thats actually a great thing for this team to be battle tested early and have atleast 4 to  gut check wins. I was impressed w/Vareen but still wondering how he a buck on 14 carries and didnt get MORE carries. I liked him in the passing game, but 52 attempts is too much for team trying to get back to running. Ridley was a bum and I think he finally lost his job. Vareen looks Better on Ground AND Air. Between him and Blount, they can carry the load. Put Ridley on the block...Seriously!

Amendola came as advertised. Can do what Wes does and More, but will be hurt. Thats not good as he looks to be Bradys most consistent option until Gronk returns. I thought the O-line did pretty well but without guys getting open it looked worse. Brady just had NOONE open on a lot of plays. Even Amendola was barely open and Brady was throwing lasers. The back shoulder pass to Edleman for his 1st TD was a thing of Beauty only few QBs can pull off. A pinpoint laser dart to a completely covered Edleman to his back shoulder, 20 yards OUT!!! Yea, thats Brady all the way. Threw another 40 yard dart that went thru Eds hands later.  Vareen can be marshall Faulk for this offense if they want and we may need him to be.

I still like Thompkins but was surprised at his lack of seperation. One thing to consider is that the Bills spent all week on man/press jam coverage so that may have stymied us a bit. He will be better but its gonna be a bumpy road and I think in the meanwhile they should be riding Vareen! It would have been nice to grab a like Ramses Barden though who got released by Gmen. He got some time last year and showed he can play and he is a BIG body guy who isnt easy to jam. I will say I dont feel any better about Dobson either who is taller and slower than KT. He may also struggle getting open but atleast has size and great hands to maybe catch those back shoulder throws that KT didnt.

ON defense , I liked what I saw at times. Still not enough pressure though. I liked Donte Hightower. He was around the ball. Nink was solid. C.Jones was very quiet. Arrington was a beast with 2 strips but still cant cover anyone deep. Mayo was solid save for that big gain from Chandler. McCourty looked fast but not always there and is still bothered by that shoulder. He wasnt really hitting, rather trying to corral and push guys out of bounds. Atleast he is aware of it. We cant afford for him to go down.Gregory showed improvement. He was good in support and broke up a play on a TE!!!!  I liked that Buchanan was in the mix on passing downs. I saw Vince, Buchanan C.Jones and Nink on the line at one point.

I really didnt like the Mesko move and I still dont. Allen had a rough day. He showed he can pin it deep,but his punts were very short and dissapointing mostly. Lets hope he gets better.

Play of the game - Kyle Arringtons Strip

MVPS - Amendola on 0 and Arrington on D

Brady saves day with 4th quarter comeback. GHost seals the Victory. Good game from the Ghost too!

On to the Jets who will be coming hard after Brady. If Amendola cant go we need to see more rush attempts. Run it down there throat. Brady doesnt have the personal to throw it 50 times anymore.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to TB17JM16's comment:

Go look at that INT again, Sudfeld, with his long arms, must be near 8 feet diving outstretched and Brady still overthrew him, the next game he needs more than one pass thrown to him.

That INT is on Brady and along with the crucial fumble at the 1, not one of his better games.

Thompkins and Sudfeld will be fine, 1st nfl game for both.

Ridley is my biggest concern.

Sudfeld slipped coming out of his break. That is entirely on him, not Brady. None the less, the ball hit him in both hands, it needs to be caught. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Strange game, that showed just how devastating turnovers can be. Despite dominating the time of possession 38 minutes to 22, running 89 plays to just 61 for Buffalo, and outgaining the Bills in total yards, 431-286, the Pats had to rally in the dying minutes of the 4th quarter to eek out a 23-21 win in Buffalo. Why? Because two huge turnovers led directly to two Buffalo TDs. Though this win did little to kindle SB excitement for fans of the 2013 edition of the Boys in Blue, a win is a win. A tough game to grade...but here goes:

I. OFFENSE: Looked anything but fluid. Two huge turnovers and a goal line fumble nearly did the Pats in.

1.) QB: Poor Tom Brady. The last time I can remember feeling this sorry for him, and seeing him this frustrated, was early in the 2006 season, when Reche Caldwell was his number one receiver. Other than a fine performance from a gritty Danny Amendola, and some key receptions from Julian Edelman, the pass receiving weaponry was seemingly reduced to spears and knives. Since most of his receivers were having trouble getting open, Tom was forced to hold onto the ball far longer than he surely wanted to, leading to him absorbing several heavy hits from the Buffalo front seven. For the game, Tom completed just 29 of 52 (fifty-two) pass attempts, for 288 yards, two TDs, and one Zack Sudfels drop, which resulted in an interception...and morphed into an easy Buffalo TD. Of these 29 completions, the average gain was a Curtis Painter like 5.3 yards. Not all can be blamed on Tom's receivers. Mid-way in the 3rd quarter, facing a 4th and goal from the Buffalo one yard, Brady  fumbled a snap from center, leading to a turn over on downs...and allowing the Bills to remain on top, 21-17. Still...credit Tom for using the "spears and knives" at his disposal to lead his team on a 12 play, 48 yard closing drive, setting up a game winning 35 yard FG. Tom completed seven passes on seven attempts during this game winning drive: GRADE: "B+";

2.) RBs: Stevan Ridley has proven that he can be an effective NFL back. But, apparently he hasn't learned that Job One as a RB is to hold onto the ball, and that Job Two of a RB is to hold onto the ball. Fumbling can't, and won't be tolerated...especially by BB. Ridley fumbled on the second play from scrimmage, only to be saved by a "down by contact" ruling. Then, midway in the second quarter, with the Pats in command, up 10-0, and driving for another TD that likely would have broken the game open, Ridley slipped, and fumbled again, at the Bill's 25 yard line. It was scooped up by a Buffalo defender, and returned 74 yards for a Buffalo TD. This play cut the Pats' lead to 10-7, and changed the momentum of the game. It would be Ridley's final play of the day. Enter RB Shane Vereen, who looked and ran like Buffalo star RB, C. J. Spiller, was supposed to...running for 101 yards with just 14 carries. He also caught 7 passes for 58 more yards. Ridley finished with 50 yards on 9 carries...averaging over 5 yards per run. But, if a RB can't hold onto the ball, he's worthless: GRADE: "B-";

3.) OL: The "Big Uglies" allowed their King to be hit and sacked too often. But again, part of the reason for this was that "the King" had to hold the ball longer than average, because his receivers weren't getting open. Not a good day for RG Dan Connelly, and center Ryan Wendell. Some pass pressure seemed to be coming from the middle. Wendell also likely shares some of the blame for Brady mishandling the snap in the above mentioned failed fourth and goal gamble, at goal line. By and large, a decent job of run blocking by the OL...the production from which was marred only by the aforementioned Ridley and Brady fumbles: GRADE: "B-"

4.) TEs and WRs: Other than Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman (two TDs receptions), the remaining corp pf Patriots' receivers, both WRs and TEs, were awful. They looked completely out of place, timid, and had a severe case of the jitters. Preseason wonderboy Kembrell Thompkins showed a habit of "leaping", seemingly every time he attempted to haul in a pass, and, on one play seemed far more concerned about avoiding a hit than keeping his feet in bounds, to make a catch. The other preseason star, Zack Sudfels, had a drop, which morphed into an interception,  setting up the Bills second TD...and giving them the momentum going into the second half of play: GRADE: "C"...despite Amendola's great gritty effort.  

II. DEFENSE: Though the pass rush was tepid, and the pass coverage spotty, the "D" took care of Priority One by shutting down C.J. Spiller, and containing the Buffalo ground attack. The "D" only allowed one long TD drive. The other two Bills' TDs came on the Ridley fumble, and after the Brady interception (thanks to a Sudfelds' drop) set the Bills up deep in Pats' territory, in the closing minutes of the first half.

1.) DL: Good job of shutting down C.J. Spiller, although old nemisis Fred Taylor was allowed to do damage (13 carries for 67 yards). DT Tommy Kelly recovered a forced fumble in the red zone, leading to the Pats first score. Though the Pats recorded no sacks, the front four recorded four (4) QB hits, including two by Kelly. Kelly also had 7 tackles (2 solos), while Rob Ninkovich chipped in with eight (8) tackles (5 solos), and a fumble recovery: GRADE: "B";

2.) LBs: Jerod Mayo led the team in tackles by far with 15 (12 solos). Though the LBs were generally good in run support, they had issues in pass coverage, as TE Scott Chandler and RB Jackson combined to gain 80 yards on eight receptions: GRADE: "B";

3.) DBs: Credit Kyle Arrington for forcing two fumbles, the above mentioned one by Spiller, and one by Bills' WR Marquis Goodwin, which led to ten (10) Patriot points, and helped stake the Pats to an early 17-7 lead. Though WRs Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods each hauled in a E.J. Manuel TD pass, there were no pass plays of over 20 yards allowed for the game, and the Bills were held to just 150 passing yards. Now...part of the reason for that is that the Pats were facing a rookie QB, who missed several open receivers during the game. Still, the game plan was to contain the Bills ground game, and make Manuel beat then through the air...for the reason that Manuel is not an accurate deep passer. Steve Gregory had 9 tackles (7 solos), and the aforementioned Kyle Arrington chipped in with 5 tackles (4 solos), and a TFL, in addition to forcing the two aforementioned fumbles. We'll have to wait a couple of more weeks to see this secondary really get tested: GRADE: "B"   

III. SPECIAL TEAMS: Credit the much maligned Stephen Gostkowski for hitting all three of his FG tries, including a 48 yarder, and the game winning 35 yarder, with 9 seconds left to play. His kickoffs were also good and long...as the Pats only had one kickoff that was returned. A good job punting by Ryan Allen, whose punting average was skewed due to a number of punts he made from inside the 50 yard line, which he tried to land inside the Buffalo 20 yard line. The Bills were unable to return any punts. Meanwhile, ulian Edelman averaged over 10 yards per punt return, on three returns: GRADE: "A";

IV. COACHING: The defensive game plan was to defense the run, and make rookie QB E,J, Manuel beat them. To facilitate this plan, the Pats appeared to play a very vanilla defense, with little blitzing. As as result, though the Pats recorded no sacks for the game, they managed to hold the Bills to 136 yards rushing, and just 150 more passing...numbers that the Pats will gladly take on any given week. Offensively, it's clear that the Pats' passing attack needs lots of work, and an infusion of talent. Much will be cured if TE Rob Gronkowski returns soon, and is anywhere near 100%. Still, one has to wonder about whether the Pats will get anything out of Thompkins, the injured Dobson, Sudfelds, and Boyce, in the near future. To say that Thompkins and Sudfelds were disappointing today is a gross understatement.What to do with Stevan Ridley is another issue. His propensity to fumble cannot be tolerated. Look for Vereen to get more touches, and for Blount to get more carries. That play at the goal line in which Brady fumbled the snap was disturbing. It never appeared that the Patriots offense played with any decisiveness, until the games' final drive. That said, it's only Game One. There's obviously lots of work to do: GRADE: "B";

V. PLAY OF THE GAME: On a 3rd and 8 from the Buffalo 39, with around 1:10 to play in the game, Brady converted with a 10 yard pass over the middle to Danny Amendola. It kept alive the final drive, and helped set up Gostkowski for the game winning FG;

VI. PLAYER OF THE GAME: A toss up between Brady, Amendola, Arrington, Shane Vereen, and Stephen Gostkowski. I'll go with Danny Amendola, who, playing hurt, finished with ten (10) receptions for 104 yards...including the "Play of the Game". 

As always, your thoughts and comments are welcomed. Here are the game stats:  http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330908002

As always, Excellent stuff. Loved your "" phrases, and Painter analogy. Team has lots of new moving parts on offense that needs more practice. As a result, I would have given some of the offense categories a lower grade. Also, I don't think STs deserved an A; they did their job, but there was nothing spectacular; what would u give them if they returned 3 TDs? A+++? An "A" should be given out sparingly IMO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Amendola came as advertised. Can do what Wes does and More, but will be hurt. Thats not good as he looks to be Bradys most consistent option until Gronk returns. I thought the O-line did pretty well but without guys getting open it looked worse. Brady just had NOONE open on a lot of plays. Even Amendola was barely open and Brady was throwing lasers. The back shoulder pass to Edleman for his 1st TD was a thing of Beauty only few QBs can pull off. A pinpoint laser dart to a completely covered Edleman to his back shoulder, 20 yards OUT!!! Yea, thats Brady all the way. Threw another 40 yard dart that went thru Eds hands later.  Vareen can be marshall Faulk for this offense if they want and we may need him to be.

Yes he did.  Injured already, missed a chunk of the game.  Where is the versatility I was told he would bring to this team?  Didn't see it yesterday.  I thought he could go deep?  I was told here he could.  Where is this seperation I have been told he would get?  Where was him being a red zone threat Rusty was telling me he would be?  Didn't see it all preseason or yesterday.  He has a horrible career  YAC % and it showed yesterday.  He needs to get healthy so he can show us these things.

I thought the Oline was not as good as it should have been.  I thought at times they did well giving Brady time as he tried to find an open man, you can only hold your block for so long, and then there were times I thought the D got to Brady a bit too fast.  I was expecting better against the Bills Dline.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Yes he did.  Injured already, missed a chunk of the game.  Where is the versatility I was told he would bring to this team?  Didn't see it yesterday.  I thought he could go deep?  I was told here he could.  Where is this seperation I have been told he would get?  Where was him being a red zone threat Rusty was telling me he would be?  Didn't see it all preseason or yesterday.  He has a horrible career  YAC % and it showed yesterday.  He needs to get healthy so he can show us these things.

I thought the Oline was not as good as it should have been.  I thought at times they did well giving Brady time as he tried to find an open man, you can only hold your block for so long, and then there were times I thought the D got to Brady a bit too fast.  I was expecting better against the Bills Dline.

TFB, you are def. entitled to your opinion. I understand you are measuring Amendola to Welker and looking for those improvements you were told about, but its only one game. They cant put him on full display. Its not his pro day. He is just One WR on this team. I truly believe ALL the WRs will be better. The BIlls spent all week jamming in practice. Here me out. You are the BIlls coach. YOu come in and are told the Bills are 1-20 in the last 21 games vs Brady. Well you also know Brady lost 75% of his offense. So the D coach for the Bills said Lets mess up the timing of brady because he has new players. Jam them and get pressure. The Bills D line has Mario WIlliams, Marcel Darius, Kyle williams! Why did you expect better against those guys? They are GOOD! I think you are nitpicking with Amendola and will see better but he was also jammed at the line. He was WIDE OPEN on a couple plays so call it fair man. I understand your frustrations and the rooks have to get better, but Amendola came as advertised. YOu are gonna discount the clutch catches he made on the final drive?? Getting wacked in the air, holding on. I dont think Wes goes up and makes that catch. Just my opinion. Im not worried. I think we will be ok. lack of pressure on EJ was likely due to schemes and keeping him contained and  IM not usually positive so its not fluff

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatFanInBA2's comment:

I am generally in agremeent. Would have given the D a slightly higher score - Bills only had one long sustaining drive in a league that is greatly skewed towards offense - and a slightly lower score for offense.

Overall, I am optimistic about the season.

Bills mostly shot themselves in the foot rather than our good play doing them in.

and we didn't ? 

We were talking about our defense. Are you saying our D shot themselves in the foot?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TFB, you are def. entitled to your opinion. I understand you are measuring Amendola to Welker and looking for those improvements you were told about, but its only one game. They cant put him on full display. Its not his pro day. He is just One WR on this team. I truly believe ALL the WRs will be better. The BIlls spent all week jamming in practice. Here me out. You are the BIlls coach. YOu come in and are told the Bills are 1-20 in the last 21 games vs Brady. Well you also know Brady lost 75% of his offense. So the D coach for the Bills said Lets mess up the timing of brady because he has new players. Jam them and get pressure. The Bills D line has Mario WIlliams, Marcel Darius, Kyle williams! Why did you expect better against those guys? They are GOOD! I think you are nitpicking with Amendola and will see better but he was also jammed at the line. He was WIDE OPEN on a couple plays so call it fair man. I understand your frustrations and the rooks have to get better, but Amendola came as advertised. YOu are gonna discount the clutch catches he made on the final drive?? Getting wacked in the air, holding on. I dont think Wes goes up and makes that catch. Just my opinion. Im not worried. I think we will be ok. lack of pressure on EJ was likely due to schemes and keeping him contained and  IM not usually positive so its not fluff

The Pats were a missed FG or an easy 3rd down catch, which Stevie Johnson dropped, away from winning this game.  And it should never have been this close.

No doubt we know Amendola has talent, but I see a lot of over inflating of his talent here over the months because people can not accept this move was a mistake.  He can not stay healthy.  Oh, I have seen many of passes Welker has made that most couldn't make.  I didn't see one yesterday that he wouldn't have made.  He has made tough catches in traffic and took big hits and stayed on the field.  Welker could get YAC, something I have not seen Danny A ever do.

So yeah, we can all move on about Welker not being here and Danny A is the man, but all the garbage about he is on the same level or he is better then Welker and he made catches Welker didn't or he was cluth, blah, blah blah, is  just silly and not true.  Rose colored glasses people, take them off.  I have not seen it with the Rams, I have yet to see it as a Patriot.  Give me 6 solid years of high performance and production that Welker gave this team then I will listen.  Until then it's all smoke and mirrors!! 

We have a situation in the WR department and it is not the best of situations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Right on!  Pats looked very sloppy and the lead post is too generous re the grades: n Ridley was terrible- F, so were the rookie receiving corps - D- and T Brady was bad - D- imo!

I am generally in agremeent. Would have given the D a slightly higher score - Bills only had one long sustaining drive in a league that is greatly skewed towards offense - and a slightly lower score for offense.

Bills mostly shot themselves in the foot rather than our good play doing them in.

and we didn't ? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to TB17JM16's comment:

Go look at that INT again, Sudfeld, with his long arms, must be near 8 feet diving outstretched and Brady still overthrew him, the next game he needs more than one pass thrown to him.

That INT is on Brady and along with the crucial fumble at the 1, not one of his better games.

Thompkins and Sudfeld will be fine, 1st nfl game for both.

Ridley is my biggest concern.

Sudfeld slipped coming out of his break. That is entirely on him, not Brady. None the less, the ball hit him in both hands, it needs to be caught. 

That's the way I saw it as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Pretty fair but I would've been a little harder on the D. They let a rookie QB go 18-27 with 2 TD's and no picks and had no sacks on him. 

True...but the "D" was geared to stop the run, and let the rookie try to beat them. The bottom line is that the "D" only gave up 14 points...and 7 of those came after the Brady interception, which gave Buffalo the ballin the red zone area. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

What on Earth was up with the field yesterday?  I've never seen so many players slip on turf before.  Suds on the int, Ridley on his 2nd fumble (not an excuse, he still should have held onto the ball), and there were at least 3 other less memorable plays where the Pats went down also.  Was this on the equipment manager?  Did they just have the wrong shoes for the surface?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The Pats were a missed FG or an easy 3rd down catch, which Stevie Johnson dropped, away from winning this game.  And it should never have been this close.

No doubt we know Amendola has talent, but I see a lot of over inflating of his talent here over the months because people can not accept this move was a mistake.  He can not stay healthy.  Oh, I have seen many of passes Welker has made that most couldn't make.  I didn't see one yesterday that he wouldn't have made.  He has made tough catches in traffic and took big hits and stayed on the field.  Welker could get YAC, something I have not seen Danny A ever do.

So yeah, we can all move on about Welker not being here and Danny A is the man, but all the garbage about he is on the same level or he is better then Welker and he made catches Welker didn't or he was cluth, blah, blah blah, is  just silly and not true.  Rose colored glasses people, take them off.  I have not seen it with the Rams, I have yet to see it as a Patriot.  Give me 6 solid years of high performance and production that Welker gave this team then I will listen.  Until then it's all smoke and mirrors!! 

We have a situation in the WR department and it is not the best of situations.

Dude, Im gonna stop right there. Im gonna ask you to grab some coffee. Kiss the kids and relax cuz we gotta another game soon. YOU are trying to make the case for keeping Wes but your words in bold are typical of ANY NFL game, let alone the 1st one where your QB has ALL new weapons outside of ONE who caught 2 TD's!  I cant with you all today and Im usually the one they call the doom and gloomer. I want my team to succeed. We are 1-0. Im not gonna be debbie downer after a W. I will save those for losses cuz I know how hard it is to win games in the NFL. BB was facing a new QB with one game on film. He was consertative like usual and TFB won the game in the end The WRs aint going anywere. Either you are gonna stick it out and support them or spend all year talking about Wes Welker??  CHoose one, but the healthy choice is to move and support who is here. Good Day man,. I know you are upset so I'll let u vent, but im gonna come back in a few days after folks calm down. I would have thought everyone was expecting growing pains.  Reality Check is in order.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Offense

there were 3 weapons that played well - Vereen, Amandola, endleman
    Who alot of people were saying was on the bubble

Ridley played well except for the obvious

Tb was good early and late - and the late won the game
    I wasn't thrilled with some of the play calling - especially the goal line where TB and center fumbled

the rooks - will obviously have to learn when to make the come backs and what to do when the qb stumbles

Defense

This was a vanlla D - WE saw it coming - the Pats had no idea what to expect and said so by saying they were ready for anything.

I keep hearing how our safties are the worst - my 49er friends say their safteies aren't too good and have lost their 3rd cb - There was a lot worse db play than the Pats this weekend -Besides the lauge is et up to throw the ball - you cannot touch the ab or the wr. 

Alot of posters complained about not getting teams of the field on 3rd down. The PAts DID and it still doesn't make any difference to the doom and gloomers here.

After this weekend would I not have the Pats high in the power rankings - not yet. But its f********g September. With the number of rooks at wr  -te (no one has said they would be all pro week one) Its where they are going to be at the end of the season and playoffs.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

the real deal is not like u start, it`s like u finish.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

btw - there were a few calls taht didn't go KT's way either - he definietely got hit a few times down the filed- one on the left side - it might have mnade a difference to how he played later

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

btw - there were a few calls taht didn't go KT's way either - he definietely got hit a few times down the filed- one on the left side - it might have mnade a difference to how he played later

There was one call in particular that was pretty gross.  Guy had his jersey and was yanking on it - pretty obvious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to seawolfxs's comment:

Offense

there were 3 weapons that played well - Vereen, Amandola, endleman
    Who alot of people were saying was on the bubble

Ridley played well except for the obvious

Tb was good early and late - and the late won the game
    I wasn't thrilled with some of the play calling - especially the goal line where TB and center fumbled

the rooks - will obviously have to learn when to make the come backs and what to do when the qb stumbles

Defense

This was a vanlla D - WE saw it coming - the Pats had no idea what to expect and said so by saying they were ready for anything.

I keep hearing how our safties are the worst - my 49er friends say their safteies aren't too good and have lost their 3rd cb - There was a lot worse db play than the Pats this weekend -Besides the lauge is et up to throw the ball - you cannot touch the ab or the wr. 

Alot of posters complained about not getting teams of the field on 3rd down. The PAts DID and it still doesn't make any difference to the doom and gloomers here.

After this weekend would I not have the Pats high in the power rankings - not yet. But its f********g September. With the number of rooks at wr  -te (no one has said they would be all pro week one) Its where they are going to be at the end of the season and playoffs.

good post

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Ok this statement confuses me... because you can say the Pats shot themselves in the foot many times as well.

I wrote this in another post.

Sudfeld tip pass to a DB, Brady fumbling on the one, Ridley fumbling all over the place - one on a scoring type drive...  sooo Pats didn't shoot themselves in the foot?  Glass half full or empty???  This was a big road game win if you ask me.  Wasn't pretty but they came back to win on the road.  

Bottom line is the Pats played 60 minutes after playing some bad football to pull out a close win on the road.  The team needs a lot of work, but they do have some skilled players.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

I'd give Coaching a "D" for fielding a team with some pass receivers either inadequate or unprepared.  Mostly KT but DA on occassion did not know where to line-up.   KT got man-handled.  Did the Pats not prep for this?  Also, some of the players may have not had the appropriate cleats.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

A win is a win, i'll take it any day. If they have this type of a repeat perfomance against the J E T S then I will be a little concerned. going up against another rookie QB. If you look at the stats the Patriots dominated the game. That fumble by ridley tuned things around and Brady fumbling the ball on the goal line was another turn around. This game was not as close as it appeared to be, it is what it is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Ok this statement confuses me... because you can say the Pats shot themselves in the foot many times as well.

Sudfeld tip pass to a DB, Brady fumbling on the one, Ridley fumbling all over the place - one on a scoring type drive...  sooo Pats didn't shoot themselves in the foot?  Glass half full or empty???  This was a big road game win if you ask me.  Wasn't pretty but they came back to win on the road.  

Bottom line is the Pats played 60 minutes after playing some bad football to pull out a close win on the road.  The team needs a lot of work, but they do have some skilled players.  

IMO, Doug Marrone made a tactical/strategic error with 5:51 left. They ran for no gain on their first play, but continued to operate their "fast" style of play and chose to throw on 2nd and 3rd down.  Aggressive play calling, but only 1:11 taken off the clock.

Brady and DA made it a nail biter, to put Pats in position for a chip shot, leaving 6 seconds on the clock.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

The point of the conversation was about the D, not the whole game. I was saying the Bills shot themselves in the foot to stymie drives all day.

Sections
Shortcuts