Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Re: Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD

In Response to Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD:
         There are losses, and then there are losses. But when you watch your team give one away, as the Patriots did today...it sticks in your craw for several weeks. This game is the one that the Pats will look back upon at season's end, and say...if only. Not much good to say about this one...made worse by what appears to be a serious knee injury to starting LT, Matt Light. Here are my grades:       A.) OFFENSE: A very good first half, cumulating on a TD with just 5 seconds remaining, was negated by an awful second half. The failure of the "O" to score in the second stanza makes comparisons to the 2007 unit laughable, and brings further questions about Tom Brady's recovery. It also underscores the desparate need for another WR to compliment Randy Moss.   1.) QB:  The optimism stemming from Tom's gradual improvement from game to game, since the debacle in NY...took a hit today. Tom missed several open receivers, including a wide open Randy Moss for what would have been a TD. That miss essentially cost the Patriots a chance at what might have been a relatively easy win. Getting shut out in an entire half is completely unacceptable. Whether Tom is hearing footsteps or whatever, this is not the same guy who has led the Patriots to four SBs...and who was the best QB in the game: GRADE: C-; 2.) RBs: Sammy Morris had another good game, rushing 17 times for 69 yards, to lead the team. Nonetheless, the Pats couldn't sustain a consistent ground attack. As a result, their defense spent far too much time on the field...and looked a bit gassed on Denvers' final two drives. GRADE: C; 3.) WRs: In light of the way their QB threw the ball, this is a tough grade. For example, Randy Moss was limited to just one catch for 26 yards. But, Moss had his man beaten badly for a TD, only to have Tom Brady air mail the ball 10 feet over his head. Wes Welker is the guy who makes the offense tick. He had a typical 8 catches for 86 yards, and a TD. TE Ben Watson was pretty much a non-factor as a receiver, though he did haul in a TD pass at the end of the first half. The Pats have a glaring weakness at the 3rd WR spot. If they hope to come close to replicating their offensive explosiveness of 2007, they need to find a compliment for Randy Moss.   GRADE: B-        4.) OL: Sad to see that this bunch couldn't dominate against a smaller Denver front seven. Nonetheless, they did a decent job in pass protection. Noticably missed LT Matt Light when he went down with an injury in the 4th quarter. GRADE: C+      B.) DEFENSE: Was left on the field for too many plays. Played well until the 4th quarter, when the unit appeared to tire. Allowed another frustrating long, late drive to allow the Broncos to tie, and, eventually, win the game in OT. 1.) DL: Not a bad job of defensing the run. But, applied little pressure to QB Kyle Orton throughout the game. The "bend bit don't break" philosophy was on full display...and worked til the 4th quarter, and in OT. GRADE: C+; 2.) LBs: Great to see Jarod Mayo back! He and Gary Guyton should be a great ILB combo for years to come. Both played effectively. But, the OLBs were another story. Got little pressure on Kyle Orton. Though there were some tipped passes, the Pats failed to take full advantage by picking them off. OLB/DE Derrick Burgess continues to be a very disappointing non-factor...and appears to be a waste of a 3rd round draft choice:  GRADE: C+; 3.) SECONDARY:  Gave up a ton of completions and yards to alleged glorified game manager Orton...though some of that was attributable to Orton being given too much time to throw. Couldn't stop huge WR Brandon Marshall in the redzone. Allowed WR Eddie Royal far too much success, as Royal finished with 90 yards on 10 receptions. Dumb taunting penalty on Brandon Meriweather may have cost the Pats the game. Meriweather should know that the NFL refs are calling games ridiculously close this season...and should have the discipline to avoid such stupid , albeit ticky-tack calls. Leigh Bodden led the team in tackles. Not a good sign when a CB does that. GRADE: C;      C.) SPECIAL TEAMS:  The normally reliable Stephen Gostkowski missed a 40 yard FG which would have give the Patriots a 10 point, two possession lead, heading into the 4th quarter. The Pats missed opportunities to recover fumbles on returns...and some seemingly quick whistles by the zebras took away some opprtunities. Some good work by rookie Julian Eddleman on punt returns. GRADE: C;      D.) COACHING: I don't understand the seemingly blasse attitude by this team...when squaring off against a previously unbeaten opponent on the road. Where was the emotion? While I understand that the "bend but don't break" defensive philosophy has its' place, its' place is not late in the 4th quarter, or in OT. Seemingly, the Pats offered no resistance to stopping the Broncos in the extra session. During the OT and 4th quarter, the seemingly tired defensive unit seemed to be playing not to lose, rather than to win. Why not chance a blitz on occasion? Horrible 3rd and 3 call of a run to Kevin Faulk got the Patriots' offense off the field pointless again, in the second half. Where were the adjustments? Where was the execution? Please find competent 3rd WR, pronto!! GRADE: D       E.) GAME BALL: Denver QB Kyle Orton...who continues to silence his critics .      F.) PLAY OF THE GAME: Dumb, inexcusable taunting call on Brandon Meriweather, which may have cost the Patriots this game. Its' a shame that the guy whose been the Pats' best and most consistent defender all season, pulled such a boneheaded play. While some could blame the refs for making such a ticky-tack call...as I pointed out above...thats' the way the game is being called these days...and Meriweather should know better.       Here are the game stats: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291011007 . Pardon me while I barf.      Thoughts?               
    Posted by TexasPat3

You may be on to something there about a compliment to Moss.  Limited to 1 catch....part of which may be a result of a nagging injury.  Remember against Atlanta he was hurt sucked it up and had 10 catches.  Hasn't been the same since.  If, if that has any merit...it makes the deactivation of Galloway that much more telling.  Is Galloway hurt?? Or is he deactivated because he is not performing?  If it's physical, then it may make sense.  But I agree they may have painted themselves in to a hole here.  Bring on Tate!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

This was such a disappointing loss in so many ways. Watching Tom Brady regress after seemingly making gradual improvement each week was a bummer. But, the biggest problem seems to be the lack of fire and determination with this team. Wheres' the hunger of years' past?

Tom Brady said at the beginning of the season that the Pats are "on a mission". Judging by how the Pats' played in the second half in Denver, that mission appears to be to fail for the second year in a row to win their division.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD:
    Tex, I 110% agree about the third WR spot.  If nothing is done, the Pats aren't going very far.  The Pats gave this game away, hats off to Denver, but why the Pats were trying to get those extra 20 yards in 4th to get into field goal range is beyond me.  To be specific, running the Ball and the Bomb to a very covered Randy Moss.
    Posted by Grogan77

I can't understand why WR Terrence Nunn is not being given a chance to show what he can do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD :      I can't understand why WR Terrence Nunn is not being given a chance to show what he can do.
    Posted by TexasPat3

Texas-- agreed. Wes Welker will get killed before the year is out if the Pats don't have a decent 3rd reciever

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Not only did they not score at all in the second half, the gave up the ball which led to Denver getting back into the game.  Translation: the offense stopped playing; gave the game to Denver.

Like it or not Pats/Sox fans: Brady is no longer perfect (in OT); Papelbopn is no longer perfect (ERA) in the playoffs.  Although their past performances were outstanding, the current efforts are not pretty.

I know the materialists are only concerned with the Pat's record, however, some of us pay more attantion to how they are playing- win or lose.  This latest effort was a lot like the Jets game.  Now, if the Pats could get the league to shorten up the games, this strategy might work.  Perhaps, they can convince them to award a point for winning the first half (i.e. like the tie games work in the NHL).  HOwever, these rule benders are not likely.  It appears that the Pats might have to play the whole game, like it or not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Too many mistakes. The mistakes of just a better-than-average team that's going nowhere. I think our "run" is over. Of course, I'm always wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Not only did they not score at all in the second half, the gave up the ball which led to Denver getting back into the game.  Translation: the offense stopped playing; gave the game to Denver. Like it or not Pats/Sox fans: Brady is no longer perfect (in OT); Papelbopn is no longer perfect (ERA) in the playoffs.  Although their past performances were outstanding, the current efforts are not pretty. I know the materialists are only concerned with the Pat's record , however, some of us pay more attantion to how they are playing - win or lose.  This latest effort was a lot like the Jets game.  Now, if the Pats could get the league to shorten up the games, this strategy might work.  Perhaps, they can convince them to award a point for winning the first half (i.e. like the tie games work in the NHL).  HOwever, these rule benders are not likely.  It appears that the Pats might have to play the whole game, like it or not.
    Posted by BTownExpress

This team needs to show that it can beat a quality opponent on the road. In case you can't tell, this loss really sticks in my craw. No way the Pats should have lost to Denver...I don't care what their record is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

There are losses, and then there are losses. But when you watch your team give one away, as the Patriots did today...it sticks in your craw for several weeks. This game is the one that the Pats will look back upon at season's end, and say...if only. Not much good to say about this one...made worse by what appears to be a serious knee injury to starting LT, Matt Light. Here are my grades:       A.) OFFENSE: A very good first half, cumulating on a TD with just 5 seconds remaining, was negated by an awful second half. The failure of the "O" to score in the second stanza makes comparisons to the 2007 unit laughable, and brings further questions about Tom Brady's recovery. It also underscores the desparate need for another WR to compliment Randy Moss.   1.) QB:  The optimism stemming from Tom's gradual improvement from game to game, since the debacle in NY...took a hit today. Tom missed several open receivers, including a wide open Randy Moss for what would have been a TD. That miss essentially cost the Patriots a chance at what might have been a relatively easy win. Getting shut out in an entire half is completely unacceptable. Whether Tom is hearing footsteps or whatever, this is not the same guy who has led the Patriots to four SBs...and who was the best QB in the game: GRADE: C-; 2.) RBs: Sammy Morris had another good game, rushing 17 times for 69 yards, to lead the team. Nonetheless, the Pats couldn't sustain a consistent ground attack. As a result, their defense spent far too much time on the field...and looked a bit gassed on Denvers' final two drives. GRADE: C; 3.) WRs: In light of the way their QB threw the ball, this is a tough grade. For example, Randy Moss was limited to just one catch for 26 yards. But, Moss had his man beaten badly for a TD, only to have Tom Brady air mail the ball 10 feet over his head. Wes Welker is the guy who makes the offense tick. He had a typical 8 catches for 86 yards, and a TD. TE Ben Watson was pretty much a non-factor as a receiver, though he did haul in a TD pass at the end of the first half. The Pats have a glaring weakness at the 3rd WR spot. If they hope to come close to replicating their offensive explosiveness of 2007, they need to find a compliment for Randy Moss.   GRADE: B-        4.) OL: Sad to see that this bunch couldn't dominate against a smaller Denver front seven. Nonetheless, they did a decent job in pass protection. Noticably missed LT Matt Light when he went down with an injury in the 4th quarter. GRADE: C+      B.) DEFENSE: Was left on the field for too many plays. Played well until the 4th quarter, when the unit appeared to tire. Allowed another frustrating long, late drive to allow the Broncos to tie, and, eventually, win the game in OT. 1.) DL: Not a bad job of defensing the run. But, applied little pressure to QB Kyle Orton throughout the game. The "bend bit don't break" philosophy was on full display...and worked til the 4th quarter, and in OT. GRADE: C+; 2.) LBs: Great to see Jarod Mayo back! He and Gary Guyton should be a great ILB combo for years to come. Both played effectively. But, the OLBs were another story. Got little pressure on Kyle Orton. Though there were some tipped passes, the Pats failed to take full advantage by picking them off. OLB/DE Derrick Burgess continues to be a very disappointing non-factor...and appears to be a waste of a 3rd round draft choice:  GRADE: C+; 3.) SECONDARY:  Gave up a ton of completions and yards to alleged glorified game manager Orton...though some of that was attributable to Orton being given too much time to throw. Couldn't stop huge WR Brandon Marshall in the redzone. Allowed WR Eddie Royal far too much success, as Royal finished with 90 yards on 10 receptions. Dumb taunting penalty on Brandon Meriweather may have cost the Pats the game. Meriweather should know that the NFL refs are calling games ridiculously close this season...and should have the discipline to avoid such stupid , albeit ticky-tack calls. Leigh Bodden led the team in tackles. Not a good sign when a CB does that. GRADE: C;      C.) SPECIAL TEAMS:  The normally reliable Stephen Gostkowski missed a 40 yard FG which would have give the Patriots a 10 point, two possession lead, heading into the 4th quarter. The Pats missed opportunities to recover fumbles on returns...and some seemingly quick whistles by the zebras took away some opprtunities. Some good work by rookie Julian Eddleman on punt returns. GRADE: C;      D.) COACHING: I don't understand the seemingly blasse attitude by this team...when squaring off against a previously unbeaten opponent on the road. Where was the emotion? While I understand that the "bend but don't break" defensive philosophy has its' place, its' place is not late in the 4th quarter, or in OT. Seemingly, the Pats offered no resistance to stopping the Broncos in the extra session. During the OT and 4th quarter, the seemingly tired defensive unit seemed to be playing not to lose, rather than to win. Why not chance a blitz on occasion? Horrible 3rd and 3 call of a run to Kevin Faulk got the Patriots' offense off the field pointless again, in the second half. Where were the adjustments? Where was the execution? Please find competent 3rd WR, pronto!! GRADE: D       E.) GAME BALL: Denver QB Kyle Orton...who continues to silence his critics .      F.) PLAY OF THE GAME: Dumb, inexcusable taunting call on Brandon Meriweather, which may have cost the Patriots this game. Its' a shame that the guy whose been the Pats' best and most consistent defender all season, pulled such a boneheaded play. While some could blame the refs for making such a ticky-tack call...as I pointed out above...thats' the way the game is being called these days...and Meriweather should know better.       Here are the game stats: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291011007 . Pardon me while I barf.      Thoughts?               
    Posted by TexasPat3

Hello again Tex, you're much too generous with your grading. Tom Brady has been regressing not progressing. The Bronco's came out the second half an gave TB the shot down the field which he ignored, his play was awful Grade F. Nowhere except Oakland  could you find a lessor quality QB, well perhaps in Tennessee but he's on the bench. Wish the Pats had signed Orton. Th O-Line did agreat job IMO TB had all day and could nort complete a pass. The defense kept crowding the line of scrimmage daring TB to stretch the field so the smaller line plus the secondary simply outmanned the Pats. You mentioned the pass to Moss but he also missed a wide open Welker late in the 4th Qtr with nothing but green and a sure TD but the ball was thrown behind him. 
    All phases of the coaching was awful. Our High School and Pop Warner teams were better prepared than this gaggle of fools. Grade FFFFF.
      The uniforms were fitting the occassion of the effort put forth today. Reminds me of the days at Fenway Park except Gino was a more capable QB and the rest of the team Stunk, but they put forth an effort, todays team would have lost to that team. It's decision time for TB. He should return his game check he didn't earn or deserve it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I cant' remember the last time the Pats lost a game with Brady being harrassed so little, that's the most disturbing thing about this loss to me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Has anyone said that maybe McDaniels knew exactly how to play Brady and that offense?  This is something Belichick could not fix as he is not an offensive coach, right?

But McDaniels could help his defensive coaching staff understand the offensive tendencies very well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD : Hello again Tex, you're much too generous with your grading. Tom Brady has been regressing not progressing.

RESPONSE: Tom had a bad game. He was progressing, until the Denver game. The Reason for the C-, and not worse, was that he had no picks. But, there was that fumble. Perhaps a C- was a tad generous. 

The Bronco's came out the second half an gave TB the shot down the field which he ignored, his play was awful Grade F. Nowhere except Oakland  could you find a lessor quality QB, well perhaps in Tennessee but he's on the bench. Wish the Pats had signed Orton.

RESPONSE: I'm very angry and disappointed over the loss, too. But, get a grip!

Th O-Line did agreat job IMO TB had all day and could nort complete a pass. The defense kept crowding the line of scrimmage daring TB to stretch the field so the smaller line plus the secondary simply outmanned the Pats. You mentioned the pass to Moss but he also missed a wide open Welker late in the 4th Qtr with nothing but green and a sure TD but the ball was thrown behind him.

RESPONSE: Even in his great years, Tom was never adept at throwing the deep ball. He has a strong enough arm, but he has accuracy issues when throwing deep. Another reason why Denver could play the shorter pass is that they have quality CBs, and the Pats lack a capable #3 WR.

All phases of the coaching was awful. Our High School and Pop Warner teams were better prepared than this gaggle of fools. Grade FFFFF.

RESPONSE: Tend to agree. The play calling was poor. But, had Brady connected on the Moss pass, or had Gostkowski hit that FG, or had Meriweather not taunted...would we be having this conversation?

The uniforms were fitting the occassion of the effort put forth today. Reminds me of the days at Fenway Park except Gino was a more capable QB and the rest of the team Stunk, but they put forth an effort, todays team would have lost to that team.

RESPONSE: True. Theres' something about those throwbacks. They should never be worn again. Though Brady was bad, this loss was a team effort.

It's decision time for TB. He should return his game check he didn't earn or deserve it.

RESPONSE: Credit Josh McDaniels for taking Tom out of his comfort zone with his coverage sets. Nonetheless, the Pats had plenty of opportunities to put the Broncos away. But, they let them hang around...and like Cincinnati and Dallas before them, got nudged out in a close game.

Posted by sonieboy

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

There are so many people to blame for this loss, Brady, BB, The Ghost, Meriweather, Mankins, the DB's letting that tipped pass be caught by Gaffney, lack of a pass rush, does Ad Thomas and Derick Burgess play for our team or the other team?
    Can BB hire a replay guy to tell him when to throw the red flag??? BB is obviously blind, moreno fumbles at a key moment and no challenge UNBELIEVABLE!

The Patriots OC is who? That might be a big reason why our offense sukks...

And my last beef, Joey Galloway is on the team why? Because BB thought his speed was more important than Greg Lewis's clutch playmaking hands.

Worst loss since the SB in Arizona.

We need to go 9-2 the rest of the way for a 12 win season, as we saw last year, 11 wins does not make the playoffs(unless your the chargers).

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

There are so many people to blame for this loss, Brady, BB, The Ghost, Meriweather, Mankins, the DB's letting that tipped pass be caught by Gaffney, lack of a pass rush, does Ad Thomas and Derick Burgess play for our team or the other team? Can BB hire a replay guy to tell him when to throw the red flag??? BB is obviously blind, moreno fumbles at a key moment and no challenge UNBELIEVABLE! The Patriots OC is who? That might be a big reason why our offense sukks... And my last beef, Joey Galloway is on the team why? Because BB thought his speed was more important than Greg Lewis's clutch playmaking hands. Worst loss since the SB in Arizona. We need to go 9-2 the rest of the way for a 12 win season, as we saw last year, 11 wins does not make the playoffs(unless your the chargers).
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09

m

ouch, condolences
    I hope it gets better, I really do 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Tex: I look forward to your posts - especially your report cards.

On one of your conclusions though, I have to disagree..

From what I saw yesterday, it did not seem like our receivers had issues getting open, it was just that Brady could not get the ball to them..

Do you agree? If so, then how will having a #3 receiver help?

Pardon my sarcasm...would having more receivers at this time not be even more frustrating - when more of the open receivers are missed ??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon1770. Show Leon1770's posts

I'd have to give the pats fan base an "F" for not backing their team in bad times.Have you seen some of the threads in here today???

YIPES!And you people with those horrendous accents call yourselves fans???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

I hate to sound like the pollyanna of the post world, but I still believe this team will rebound, and find a way to finish 11-5, maybe 12-4.  I am sticking with the Peyton Manning 2008 story starting the season a dismal 3-4, and winning not only 9 straight, but also the league MVP.  Folks can't bail on #12, that is lunacy.  Was yesterday a brutal loss, of course, it reminded me of the '03 season I believe when this team stunk up the joint against the skins in week 4, and #12 tossed 4 ints.  I am prepared for not so friendly if this teams winds up 8-8 and out of the playoffs, but that will not happen. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

I think you nailed it, Texas. I've been preaching about the 3rd wide receiver, too. We have a great slot man but when they take away moss, which is happening every game now, we have no WR on the field at all. Its as if we were playing with 10 guys.

Both burgess and AT are big disappointments.

Morris is not a feature RB for a playoff team. Where the heck is BJGE? How much worse than baloney could he be?

DBs regressed yesterday, chasing receivers down the field after the catch again, rather than crunching them at the time of the catch.

We have 2 cupcakes on the schedule nest (just like the colts entire season!) then a bye week. We better get it together four weeks from now or we'll be on the outside looking in again.

BTW, sweet to see the ravens take another loss!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

One word- UGLY!

One comment- I salute and miss McDaniels.

n Response to Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD:
    Posted by TexasPat3

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

One comment- I salute and miss McDaniels. n Response to Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD :
    Posted by darwk

The Patriots offense misses him too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from arxaquila3. Show arxaquila3's posts

When you compare this to other Pats-Broncos games it wasn't that bad.  The Pats seem to come here with a Jinx and want to get out with as little embarrasment as possible. Brady can't throw in this altitude. He needs sea-level air for both lift and resistance - that's why he overthrew Moss.  As long as this is the only game played in Mile High I'm not overly concerned by the loss even though the game was more one-sided than the score indicated. Let's face it when the ref flipped the coin I felt even if the Pats had won the toss they wouldn't have been able to score.
    After the Mon nite game between Jets-Miami I'm more concerned about our prospects.  Some nice long bombs by both QB's.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Tex: I look forward to your posts - especially your report cards. On one of your conclusions though, I have to disagree.. From what I saw yesterday, it did not seem like our receivers had issues getting open, it was just that Brady could not get the ball to them.. Do you agree?

RESPONSE: I didn't conclude that the receivers weren't getting open. I acknowledged that because Tom Brady had such a bad day throwing the ball, that it would be tough grading the WRs. But, I graded them a letter grade higher that Brady, at a "B-". Its' hard to give them a better grade, even though their lack of productivity was more related to poor QB play than anything else. Their stats don't rate better than a "B-". It is what it is.        
         That said, I feel that a major weakness to the "O" is the lack of a decent 3rd WR, to play opposite Randy Moss. This weakness allows teams to constantly double team Randy, and to drop back a LB to help cover Welker. In 2007, Donte' Stallworth had several big plays against Indy, Dallas, and Jacksonville, to break open close games. Ditto Jabar Gaffney, who made big plays in wins over the Ravens and Steelers. That great production from the 3rd spot is, unfortunately, a thing of the past. Sam Aiken, and 57 year old Joey Galloway are, putting it kindly, non-factors.    

If so, then how will having a #3 receiver help? Pardon my sarcasm...would having more receivers at this time not be even more frustrating - when more of the open receivers are missed ??

RESPONSE: In so many ways. It would prevent the safeties and DBs from cheating up to the line of scrimmage, making it easier for the Pats to run the ball. It would stop safeties from helping out on Welker...as they would be forced to respect the possibility of the big play...it would loosen things up a bit for Randy Moss, as the defensive safeties would be over-taxed, coverage wise...and forced to choose between double-teaming Moss, helping out on Welker underneath, or playing centerfield to defend against the deep ball, that could come from either WR position.  

Posted by PatFanInBA2

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

When you compare this to other Pats-Broncos games it wasn't that bad. 

RESPONSE: Reallly? The Pats lost to an inferior opponent. In my book, thats' a disaster.

The Pats seem to come here with a Jinx and want to get out with as little embarrasment as possible.

RESPONSE: The day that the Pats' play a game with the goal simply to avoid embarrassment is the day that its' time to rebuild, from top to bottom. 

Brady can't throw in this altitude. He needs sea-level air for both lift and resistance - that's why he overthrew Moss.  As long as this is the only game played in Mile High I'm not overly concerned by the loss even though the game was more one-sided than the score indicated.

RESPONSE: My God, man!! You sound like a Colts' fan making excuses for Peyton in 2003-04...saying that he can't play well in the cold, and the snow. Brady has previously played well in all elements. He didn't do his job Sunday...he'd tell you that himself. No excuses. 

Let's face it when the ref flipped the coin I felt even if the Pats had won the toss they wouldn't have been able to score.

RESPONSE: Thats' why the Pats are 3-2, and not 5-0. Their offense is no where near what it was in 2007. It lacks explosiveness. A good 3rd WR is whats' needed...along with improved play by Brady. 

After the Mon nite game between Jets-Miami I'm more concerned about our prospects.  Some nice long bombs by both QB's.

RESPONSE: The 2007 offense would have made mince-meat out of both of these teams. The very fact that the Pats are having problems with pretty-good teams like the Jets, Ravens, Broncos, and Dolphins speaks volumes.

Posted by arxaquila3

Sections
Shortcuts