Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD

Since the bogus "spygate" garbage emerged and grew from a mole hill to a media manufactured mountain in 2007, I've been extremely angered and disappointed with the coverage of our Patriots by the Boston press. Unfortunately, the Old Towne tabloids (they no longer deserve to be referred to as newspapers) haven't changed. Both BB and Tom Brady have been thrown to the wolves by the dimwits currently posing as local sportswriters, in the aftermath of New England's 26-16 loss in Denver. I'm also disappointed by some of the so-called Patriots' fans on this forum. Sure, losing to the hated Horseface is both tough to swallow, and extremely disappointing. The Broncos were 5.5 point favorites going into this game for a reason. New England needed to play a near perfect game to have a chance of winning. Unfortunately, a lack of talent, not a lack of desire, did them in. For this season, Denver was the better team. Here are my grades: 

I. OFFENSE: A slow start and a couple of bad calls early put the Patriots in a 10-0 hole. Denver played eight and sometimes nine in the box to stop the New England running game, cold. This forced the Pats to have to pass to win...and exposed the weaknesses in the New England receiving corp.

1.) QB: I'm not going to sit back and let Tom Brady get trashed over this loss. The media's agenda was that this game was Manning v. Brady...Round 15...winner take all. But, it was hardly that. There is no comparison to the amount of talent that Manning was surrounded with, to that which Brady had at his disposal. Put another way, does anybody here think that Mr. Wonderful would have broken all those offensive records he set this season with the receiving corp that Brady had? The bottom line is that Brady came into this game carrying a bowie knife, while Peyton had an oozie. Once the Broncos took away the New England running game by employing eight and sometimes nine in the box, the unfair fight was on. Aside from one terrible misfire to a wide open Julian Edeleman early in the game, I thought that Brady played pretty well. He completed 24 of 38 passes for 277 yards and a TD, had a 93 passing rating, and made a nifty move to score a TD on a five (5) yard run. Not a bad effort, considering that all he had to work with was a bowie knife. That "bowie knife" was in the form of WR Julian Edelman, whom Tom targeted a game high 15 times. Of those 15, he completed 10, for 89 yards. Who else did he have to throw to? Unlike Peyton, who had all day to throw, Tom was pressured, and was sacked on three occasions...none bigger than the sack registered by a seemingly untouched Terrence Knighton, on a pivotal 4th and 3 play, late in the 3rd quarter. Could Tom have played better? Yes. Did he play poorly and cost the Patriots this game? No: GRADE: B; 

2.) RBs: The Patriots were forced out of their ground and pound by Bronco's DT Terrence Knighton, and by Denver's successful employment of at least eight players in the box. Even the best RBs need opportunities and some room to run. The Pats' stable of RBs were denied both. Credit Shane Vereen for his contributions to the passing game. Vereen was targeted eight (8) times, and finished with five (5) catches for 59 yards. The rushing statistics were gruesome, with LeGarrette Blount gaining 6 yards on 5 carries...17 yards on 5 carries for Ridley...and 34 yards on 4 carries for Vereen, while running against a prevent defense in the 4th quarter. Despite these horrific rushing stats, it's unfair to place the majority of the blame for this on the RBs: GRADE: D+;

3.) OL: In the aftermath of this disapointing loss, everyone is talking about how he Pats must add weapons for Tom Brady, and must improve their pass-rush. Folks, the Pats need to improve the interior of their OL. OC Ryan Wendell had a terrible season, and the Pat badly need to get an upgrade over Dan Connelly at RG. Proof positive was the way that Denver DT Terrence Knighton dominated the center of the line, and helped stop the New England running game cold. Logan Mankins allowed himself to be badly beaten by Knighton on the aforementioned 4th and 3 play...which all but ended the Patriots' hopes of a comeback. Though a serviceable RT, Marcus Cannon likely would excel at RG, and should be permanently moved inside next season. But, I digress. This unit was overmatched and overwhelmed through the game by the Denver front eight. This crew gave their RBs had no chance: GRADE: F;

4.) TEs & WRs: A bad game all around for the Pats TEs. They lack the ability to augment the passing game, and are barely servicable. A huge (and questionable) offensive interference call on the Hooman cost the Pats three points early. As for the WRs, Julian Edelman was outstanding again, with ten catches for 89 yards, and a TD. Austin Collie tried, finishing with four (4) catches for 57 yards. Aaron Dobson (two receptions for 33 yards) has potential. The Pats showed their utter desparation at WR when they trotted out Matthew Slater to run a failed go route. Danny Amendola (targeted once...zero catches) likely played his way out of New England with his horrendous performance: GRADE: C-;

II. DEFENSE: This unit was actually holding it's own, until the Talib injury and a questionable holding call put this group on it's collective heals.

1.) DL: Played the run far better than it did several weeks ago, when Knowshon Moreno ran wild. But, the inability to play an pressure on Peyton Manning was a killer. The Patriots not only failed to register a sack on Manning, but failed to even  register even a QB hit. Considering this and the fact that Manning faced a Talib-less secondary, it's amazing that the Pats were able to hold the Broncos to just 26 points: GRADE: D+;

2.) LBs: Another solid game from Dont'a Hightower, who had a TFL among his eight (8) tackles, seven (7) of which were solos. More good things were shown from Jamie Collins, who had seven (7) tackles, including six (6) solos, and a pass breakup. Still, he had his fair share of troubles with Denver TE Julius Thomas, who finished with eight (8) receptions for 85 yards. Nonetheless, the future looks bright for these two young LBs: GRADE: C+;

3.) SECONDARY: To quote Yogi Berra, it was deja vu all over again. Last year, the Pats' "D" lost it's grip on the AFC Title game to the Ravens after Aqib Talib left that game with an injury. This year, it was the same story, with Demaryius Thomas (seven catches for 134 yards) filling the Bolden role. Talib was injured when Wes Welker barrelled into him on a pick play. Much has been made of the hit. After watching and rewatching the play several times, I am of the opinion that Welker cheap shotted Talib. Folks, if the NFL wants to protect the so-called "defenseless receiver" from these sorts of hits, why aren't DBs accorded the same consideration? Had Welker been hit in a similar fashion by a Patriot DB, you can bet your bottom dollar that a flag would have been thrown, and that a fine of, say, $15 to $21K would have been levied. Though Welker didn't go for Talib's knees, he took full advantage of an opportunity presented, and somewhat blindsided Aqib. In the old days, this play would have been a hard nosed football play. But, in this era of player safety, it was clearly a cheap-shot, should have drawn a penalty, and should draw a fine. Was it the worst cheap-shot I've ever seen? No. But, Welker was surely aware of Talib's value to the Patriots, and of Talib's injury troubles. Those who are crucifying BB for his criticisms are merely pushing the "hate BB" agenda...and love the fact that Welker did something to get back at BB, after BB allowed Welker to move on through free ageny to Denver. Moving on...there was an extremely questionable defensive holding call made on CB Logan Ryan, on a 3rd and one play, early in the second quarter. Had that bogus call not have been made, Denver would have been forced to punt. But, the call gave Manning an extra set of downs. He would eventually drive his team down the field for a TD. The score put the Pats behind the eightball, as Denver jumped out to an early 10-0 lead. Folks, without Talib, the Pats were overmatched in the secondary. Having no one to deal with the skills and physicality of Demaryious Thomas...it as ballgame: GRADE: C-; 

III. SPECIAL TEAMS: Solid, as usual. Good performance by rookie Ryan Allen, playing with his sore shoulder...as he averaged 49 yards on three punts. The Ghost made his only FG. No kick returns played a part in this game: GRADE: B;

IV. COACHING: Once the Broncos dismembered the Pats' running game, the team appeared to have no satisfactory alternatives. I thought that the Pats would  anticipate Denver stacking the box against the run, and spreading the field early, with a no-huddle attack. But, this isn't the easiest thing to do when playing on the road, in a noisy stadium. The complete lack of confidence in Danny Amendola was striking. Despite his disappointing play, the coaching staff really had no choice but to lean more on him...and should had done so. Would it have mattered? Perhaps not. But, it made more sense than trying to use Matthew Slater on a go pattern. It was imperative to get a WR other than Edelman involved in the offense. Though Austin Collie had his moments, Amendola was their seemingly best hope. The Pats did make good use of Shane Vereen, coming out of the backfield. On defense, the loss of Talib was more than the depleted Pats could stand, in the face of one of the greatest offensive machines in NFL history. Credit the Broncos for stopping the run cold. Though the New England coaching schemes and strategies could have been better, a lack of talent limits the options of a coach...even one as great as BB. It's one thing to scheme against a flawed team like the Colts...but quite another to deal with a powerhouse squad like Denver. This was less a case of the Pats being outcoached, and more a case of being beaten by a more talented team. Folks, the truth be known, this game was lost in the offseason. While the Broncos were adding pieces like WR Wes Welker, DT Terrence Knighton, and pro bowl OG Luis Vasquez, the Pats were losing TE Aaron Hernandez, signing DT Tommy Kelly, adding a worthless Danny Amendola, DT Armand Armstead, and, worst of all, SS Adrian Wilson. Neither Armstead or Wilson played a single down. GRADE C-;

V. PLAY OF THE GAME: The 4th and 3 sack by Terrence Knighton on Brady late in the 3rd quarter pretty much put an end to things.

VI. PLAYER OF THE GAME: Tough call here, with Terrence Knighton being  Wilfolk-like, Demaryious Thomas doing a 2012 Anquan Bolden impersonation, and Peyton Manning being Peyton Manning (32/43 for 400 yards, 2 TDs, and a 118 passer rating). My pick goes to Demaryious Thomas. Once Talib was gone, the Pats had no one who could come close to matching up with him.

Here are the game stats: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=340119007 

As always, your thoughts and comments on the game are welcome. I share with y'all in your disappointment to the end of an interesting and exciting Patriots' season. Take care, my friends.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD

Good grades. I might kick the D down a half grade though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigMustache. Show BigMustache's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your giving a Brady a B?  How about an F-!  It amazing too see people analyze a game and not see the obvious.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

TP, this should have been your easist report card of all time...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Brady with a B is the perfect grade. He wasnt perfect which he needed to be to win but he was solid. He didnt do enough but als couldn't with the team around Him. 

changes are needed to get over the hump

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

I don't always see eye to eye with you, but we agree on one thing, this game was lost in the trenches, and that is where we need to add better talent. Skill players don't mean a darn thing without a victory up front....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from catbuttbuster45. Show catbuttbuster45's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

TP, this should have been your easist report card of all time...

[/QUOTE]

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't always see eye to eye with you, but we agree on one thing, this game was lost in the trenches, and that is where we need to add better talent. Skill players don't mean a darn thing without a victory up front....

[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady with a B is the perfect grade. He wasnt perfect which he needed to be to win but he was solid. He didnt do enough but als couldn't with the team around Him. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with most of your assement, might have scored coaching a D or F... can't deside yet but there was not one moment after the first series where I thought the coaching did a good job. The D did nothing but play it safe and get burnt.  Dail up somthing try a few stuns, even if they don't work. Why is it third and infinity teams can alway convert?  Zone is not working... lets keep doing it? The D is getting man handeled why not blitz and make the guards and center work, stunt from the outside .... something instead of keeping thier heads in the sand.

Anyway thanks for your report cards as always and can't wait to read them next season!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOT      That's crap brady did nothing until garbage time.  ( B) that means manning was AAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++ Lets stop kidding each other.

l

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Patriots @ Broncos Report Card A+

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deebz. Show deebz's posts

[QUOTE]

Since the bogus "spygate" garbage emerged and grew from a mole hill to a media manufactured mountain in 2007, I've been extremely angered and disappointed with the coverage of our Patriots by the Boston press. Unfortunately, the Old Towne tabloids (they no longer deserve to be referred to as newspapers) haven't changed. Both BB and Tom Brady have been thrown to the wolves by the dimwits currently posing as local sportswriters, in the aftermath of New England's 26-16 loss in Denver. I'm also disappointed by some of the so-called Patriots' fans on this forum. Sure, losing to the hated Horseface is both tough to swallow, and extremely disappointing. The Broncos were 5.5 point favorites going into this game for a reason. New England needed to play a near perfect game to have a chance of winning. Unfortunately, a lack of talent, not a lack of desire, did them in. For this season, Denver was the better team. Here are my grades: 

I. OFFENSE: A slow start and a couple of bad calls early put the Patriots in a 10-0 hole. Denver played eight and sometimes nine in the box to stop the New England running game, cold. This forced the Pats to have to pass to win...and exposed the weaknesses in the New England receiving corp.

1.) QB: I'm not going to sit back and let Tom Brady get trashed over this loss. The media's agenda was that this game was Manning v. Brady...Round 15...winner take all. But, it was hardly that. There is no comparison to the amount of talent that Manning was surrounded with, to that which Brady had at his disposal. Put another way, does anybody here think that Mr. Wonderful would have broken all those offensive records he set this season with the receiving corp that Brady had? The bottom line is that Brady came into this game carrying a bowie knife, while Peyton had an oozie. Once the Broncos took away the New England running game by employing eight and sometimes nine in the box, the unfair fight was on. Aside from one terrible misfire to a wide open Julian Edeleman early in the game, I thought that Brady played pretty well. He completed 24 of 38 passes for 277 yards and a TD, had a 93 passing rating, and made a nifty move to score a TD on a five (5) yard run. Not a bad effort, considering that all he had to work with was a bowie knife. That "bowie knife" was in the form of WR Julian Edelman, whom Tom targeted a game high 15 times. Of those 15, he completed 10, for 89 yards. Who else did he have to throw to? Unlike Peyton, who had all day to throw, Tom was pressured, and was sacked on three occasions...none bigger than the sack registered by a seemingly untouched Terrence Knighton, on a pivotal 4th and 3 play, late in the 3rd quarter. Could Tom have played better? Yes. Did he play poorly and cost the Patriots this game? No: GRADE: B; 

2.) RBs: The Patriots were forced out of their ground and pound by Bronco's DT Terrence Knighton, and by Denver's successful employment of at least eight players in the box. Even the best RBs need opportunities and some room to run. The Pats' stable of RBs were denied both. Credit Shane Vereen for his contributions to the passing game. Vereen was targeted eight (8) times, and finished with five (5) catches for 59 yards. The rushing statistics were gruesome, with LeGarrette Blount gaining 6 yards on 5 carries...17 yards on 5 carries for Ridley...and 34 yards on 4 carries for Vereen, while running against a prevent defense in the 4th quarter. Despite these horrific rushing stats, it's unfair to place the majority of the blame for this on the RBs: GRADE: D+;

3.) OL: In the aftermath of this disapointing loss, everyone is talking about how he Pats must add weapons for Tom Brady, and must improve their pass-rush. Folks, the Pats need to improve the interior of their OL. OC Ryan Wendell had a terrible season, and the Pat badly need to get an upgrade over Dan Connelly at RG. Proof positive was the way that Denver DT Terrence Knighton dominated the center of the line, and helped stop the New England running game cold. Logan Mankins allowed himself to be badly beaten by Knighton on the aforementioned 4th and 3 play...which all but ended the Patriots' hopes of a comeback. Though a serviceable RT, Marcus Cannon likely would excel at RG, and should be permanently moved inside next season. But, I digress. This unit was overmatched and overwhelmed through the game by the Denver front eight. This crew gave their RBs had no chance: GRADE: F;

4.) TEs & WRs: A bad game all around for the Pats TEs. They lack the ability to augment the passing game, and are barely servicable. A huge (and questionable) offensive interference call on the Hooman cost the Pats three points early. As for the WRs, Julian Edelman was outstanding again, with ten catches for 89 yards, and a TD. Austin Collie tried, finishing with four (4) catches for 57 yards. Aaron Dobson (two receptions for 33 yards) has potential. The Pats showed their utter desparation at WR when they trotted out Matthew Slater to run a failed go route. Danny Amendola (targeted once...zero catches) likely played his way out of New England with his horrendous performance: GRADE: C-;

II. DEFENSE: This unit was actually holding it's own, until the Talib injury and a questionable holding call put this group on it's collective heals.

1.) DL: Played the run far better than it did several weeks ago, when Knowshon Moreno ran wild. But, the inability to play an pressure on Peyton Manning was a killer. The Patriots not only failed to register a sack on Manning, but failed to even  register even a QB hit. Considering this and the fact that Manning faced a Talib-less secondary, it's amazing that the Pats were able to hold the Broncos to just 26 points: GRADE: D+;

2.) LBs: Another solid game from Dont'a Hightower, who had a TFL among his eight (8) tackles, seven (7) of which were solos. More good things were shown from Jamie Collins, who had seven (7) tackles, including six (6) solos, and a pass breakup. Still, he had his fair share of troubles with Denver TE Julius Thomas, who finished with eight (8) receptions for 85 yards. Nonetheless, the future looks bright for these two young LBs: GRADE: C+;

3.) SECONDARY: To quote Yogi Berra, it was deja vu all over again. Last year, the Pats' "D" lost it's grip on the AFC Title game last year to the Ravens after Aqib Talib left that game with an injury. This year, it was the same story, with Demaryius Thomas (seven catches for 134 yards) filling the Bolden role. Talib was injured when Wes Welker barrelled into him on a pick play. Much has been made of the hit. After watching and rewatching the play several times, I am of the opinion that Welker cheap shotted Talib. Folks, if the NFL wants to protect the so-called "defenseless receiver" from these sorts of hits, why aren't DBs accorded the same consideration? Had Welker been hit in a similar fashion by a Patriot DB, you can bet your bottom dollar that a flag would have been thrown, and that a fine of, say, $15 to $21K would have been levied. Though Welker didn't go for Talib's knees, he took full advantage of an opportunity presented, and somewhat blindsided Aqib. In the old days, this play would have been a hard nosed football play. But, in this era of player safety, it was clearly a cheap-shot, should have drawn a penalty, and should draw a fine. Was it the worst cheap-shot I've ever seen? No. But, Welker was surely aware of Talib's value to the Patriots, and of Talib's injury troubles. Those who are crucifying BB for his criticisms are merely pushing the "hate BB" agenda...and love the fact that Welker did something to get back at BB, after BB allowed Welker to move on through free ageny to Denver. Moving on...there was an extremely questionable defensive holding call made on CB Logan Ryan, on a 3rd and one play, early in the second quarter. Had that bogus call not have been made, Denver would have been forced to punt. But, the call gave Manning an extra set of downs. He would eventually drive his team down the field for a TD. The score put the Pats behind the eightball, as Denver jumped out to an early 10-0 lead. Folks, without Talib, the Pats were overmatched in the secondary. Having no one to deal with the skills and physicality of Demaryious Thomas...it as ballgame: GRADE: C-; 

III. SPECIAL TEAMS: Solid, as usual. Good performance by rookie Ryan Allen, playing with his sore shoulder...as he averaged 49 yards on three punts. The Ghost made his only FG. No kick returns played a part in this game: GRADE: B;

IV. COACHING: Once the Broncos dismembered the Pats' running game, the team appeared to have no satisfactory alternatives. I thought that the Pats would  anticipate Denver stacking the box against the run, and spreading the field early, with a no-huddle attack. But, this isn't the easiest thing to do when playing on the road, in a noisy stadium. The complete lack of confidence in Danny Amendola was striking. Despite his disappointing play, the coaching staff really had no choice but to lean more on him...and should had done so. Would it have mattered? Perhaps not. But, it made more sense than trying to use Matthew Slater on a go pattern. It was imperative to get a WR other than Edelman involved in the offense. Though Austin Collie had his moments, Amendola was their seemingly best hope. The Pats did make good use of Shane Vereen, coming out of the backfield. On defense, the loss of Talib was more than the depleted Pats could stand, in the face of one of the greatest offensive machines in NFL history. Credit the Broncos for stopping the run cold. Though the New England coaching schemes and strategies could have been better, a lack of talent limits the options of a coach...even one as great as BB. It's one thing to scheme against a flawed team like the Colts...but quite another to deal with a powerhouse squad like Denver. This was less a case of the Pats being outcoached, and more a case of being beaten by a more talented team. Folks, the truth be known, this game was lost in the offseason. While the Broncos were adding pieces like WR Wes Welker, DT Terrence Knighton, and pro bowl OG Luis Vasquez, the Pats were losing TE Aaron Hernandez, signing DT Tommy Kelly, adding a worthless Danny Amendola, DT Armand Armstead, and, worst of all, SS Adrian Wilson. Neither Armstead or Wilson played a single down. GRADE C-;

V. PLAY OF THE GAME: The 4th and 3 sack by Terrence Knighton on Brady late in the 3rd quarter pretty much put an end to things.

VI. PLAYER OF THE GAME: Tough call here, with Terrence Knighton being  Wilfolk-like, Demaryious Thomas doing a 2012 Anquan Bolden impersonation, and Peyton Manning being Peyton Manning (32/43 for 400 yards, 2 TDs, and a 118 passer rating). My pick goes to Demaryious Thomas. Once Talib was gone, the Pats had no one who could come close to matching up with him.

Here are the game stats: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=340119007 

As always, your thoughts and comments on the game are welcome. I share with y'all in your disappointment to the end of an interesting and exciting Patriots' season. Take care, my friends.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree with your assessment, and furthermore, this team must be rebuilt from the inside out..along the lines..we were manhandled in the trenches period..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

3.) SECONDARY: To quote Yogi Berra, it was deja vu all over again. Last year, the Pats' "D" lost it's grip on the AFC Title game last year to the Ravens after Aqib Talib left that game with an injury. This year, it was the same story, with Demaryius Thomas (seven catches for 134 yards) filling the Bolden role. Talib was injured when Wes Welker barrelled into him on a pick play. Much has been made of the hit. After watching and rewatching the play several times, I am of the opinion that Welker cheap shotted Talib. Folks, if the NFL wants to protect the so-called "defenseless receiver" from these sorts of hits, why aren't DBs accorded the same consideration? Had Welker been hit in a similar fashion by a Patriot DB, you can bet your bottom dollar that a flag would have been thrown, and that a fine of, say, $15 to $21K would have been levied. Though Welker didn't go for Talib's knees, he took full advantage of an opportunity presented, and somewhat blindsided Aqib. In the old days, this play would have been a hard nosed football play. But, in this era of player safety, it was clearly a cheap-shot, should have drawn a penalty, and should draw a fine. Was it the worst cheap-shot I've ever seen? No. But, Welker was surely aware of Talib's value to the Patriots, and of Talib's injury troubles. Those who are crucifying BB for his criticisms are merely pushing the "hate BB" agenda...and love the fact that Welker did something to get back at BB, after BB allowed Welker to move on through free ageny to Denver. Moving on...there was an extremely questionable defensive holding call made on CB Logan Ryan, on a 3rd and one play, early in the second quarter. Had that bogus call not have been made, Denver would have been forced to punt. But, the call gave Manning an extra set of downs. He would eventually drive his team down the field for a TD. The score put the Pats behind the eightball, as Denver jumped out to an early 10-0 lead. Folks, without Talib, the Pats were overmatched in the secondary. Having no one to deal with the skills and physicality of Demaryious Thomas...it as ballgame: GRADE: C-; 

i would give every player but collins hightower and  allen an f

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

always a great and thorough breakdown and usually spot on. A really fun read even for a non Pats fan - Great as usual TP

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BigMustache's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your giving a Brady a B?  How about an F-!  It amazing too see people analyze a game and not see the obvious.

[/QUOTE]

hi Russ

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His QBR was 66.1. Not very good. Ok, solid, whatever word you want to use, but please. He missed Edelman wide open deep where all he had to do was let Edelman run under it with no one around. Ugh. This is after him signing off on the gameplan with no run game needed.

The D lost Taib and had been bludgeoned already with injuries all year.  

Minimal changes are needed. Minimal.  Brady has got to show he's this supposed GOAT, which he may not care to with Giselle running the show. Been a problem for years.

[/QUOTE]

Manning missed a handful of passes, watched his first TD to be get PI'd by McCourty and still passed for 400 yards.  I guess that's the difference of playing against a good D and a pathetic D.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

His QBR was 66.1. Not very good. Ok, solid, whatever word you want to use, but please. He missed Edelman wide open deep where all he had to do was let Edelman run under it with no one around. Ugh. This is after him signing off on the gameplan with no run game needed.

The D lost Taib and had been bludgeoned already with injuries all year.  

Minimal changes are needed. Minimal.  Brady has got to show he's this supposed GOAT, which he may not care to with Giselle running the show. Been a problem for years.

[/QUOTE]

agree. right now, Brady has to prove to me he's the GOAT. he didn't get the job done plain and simple but that doesn't mean we cant cut Gregory and get an actual SS around here so McCourty can play a more natural FS. or that we could use one more DL if Armstead cant play next year. Or maybe one WR. all in all yes that minimal but changes are needed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE] Right now, Brady has to prove to me he's the GOAT. he didn't get the job done plain and simple but that doesn't mean we cant cut Gregory and get an actual SS around here so McCourty can play a more natural FS. or that we could use one more DL if Armstead cant play next year. Or maybe one WR. all in all yes that minimal but changes are needed

[/QUOTE]

The Pats need to make more than "minimal changes" if they want to win another title. The interior of their OL must be upgraded, their receiving corp may need a complete overhaul, with Edelman likely moving on as a UFA, and Amendola likely to be eleased. I didn't see enough from Dobson, Tompkins or Boyce to convince me that they're keepers. DT position must be fordified, and the secondary remains a serious problem, especially if UFA Aqib Talib walks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Of course you would. That way you can excuse your love from any blame for a team loss. Nevermind that the youngest D in the NFL held the Broncos to well below their season scoring average despite losing 3 of their best players ealier in the season and their best DB early in the game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE] Right now, Brady has to prove to me he's the GOAT. he didn't get the job done plain and simple but that doesn't mean we cant cut Gregory and get an actual SS around here so McCourty can play a more natural FS. or that we could use one more DL if Armstead cant play next year. Or maybe one WR. all in all yes that minimal but changes are needed

[/QUOTE]

The Pats need to make more than "minimal changes" if they want to win another title. The interior of their OL must be upgraded, their receiving corp may need a complete overhaul, with Edelman likely moving on as a UFA, and Amendola likely to be eleased. I didn't see enough from Dobson, Tompkins or Boyce to convince me that they're keepers. DT position must be fordified, and the secondary remains a serious problem, especially if UFA Aqib Talib walks.

[/QUOTE]

That's minimal. It's not like a whole overhaul is needed everywhere. We need OL depth (who doesnt) that can be addressed through cheap Vets and the draft. 

You're alresdy calling it quits on Dobson, Boyce & KT. c'mon TPat go look at dobson's rookie #'s compared to other great WRs. KT was a steal for a a UDFA and is still solid. I think our WR could use a deep threat aside from Dobson to help open up Amednola and hopefully resigned Edelman. 

We can address TE depth through the draft til Gronk returns 

We don't need much at DL just a little depth. Again, Draft and cheap FA. 

we DO need a whole new safety. A STRONG safety. Cut Gregory ad sign either Pollard or Whitnee for cheap. 

that's minimal compared to other teams. And to get over the hump isn't asking too much. We were one win away from another SB and two from a ring

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Excellent report Tex - Ive enjoyed it for years...As Pats season is over, Im done for the season as well. I only came back today specifically for your take on the game....Ive been hard on Brady in playoffs last few years. This year the only knock I have was the TD to Edelman he overthrew, other than that he did not throw a pic in 2 playoff games, which he has not accomplished in years. As ragtag as this team was, had the 2 "manning flags" not been thrown, the first of which (Hooman PI) took Pats out of easy FG to tie game at 3, and 2nd of course the phantom PI to allow them a TD drive. Pats ragtag team has a good chance of winning the game. Had Pats won the game, with that Seattle pass rush, Brady would have been picked 4 times, and carried out on a stretcher..Anyway best to you - be well this offseason, I look forward to the next report come next September...

Steve

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's minimal. It's not like a whole overhaul is needed everywhere. We need OL depth (who doesnt) that can be addressed through cheap Vets and the draft. 

RESPONSE: No. The Pats need  new starting OC, and a new started RG. If Vollmer isn't able to play any longer, they'll need an upgrade at RT, too.

You're alresdy calling it quits on Dobson, Boyce & KT. c'mon TPat go look at dobson's rookie #'s compared to other great WRs. KT was a steal for a a UDFA and is still solid. I think our WR could use a deep threat aside from Dobson to help open up Amednola and hopefully resigned Edelman. 

RESPONSE: No. Where did I say that they're zeroes? I said that they haven't shown me enough to convince me that they can play.

We can address TE depth through the draft til Gronk returns 

RESPONSE: No. The Pats have far greater needs than for a TE. I'd ather see them add a first rate offensive lineman, a defensive tackle, or (gulp) a safety.

We don't need much at DL just a little depth. Again, Draft and cheap FA. 

RESPONSE: Surely you jest. The Pats had absolutely no interior pass rush all season. Vince Wilfolk is 33 and may be done. Who knows whether Armstead will ever amount to anything?

we DO need a whole new safety. A STRONG safety. Cut Gregory ad sign either Pollard or Whitnee for cheap. 

RESPONSE: Could have had Pollard this year...but no. BB wanted Adrian Wilson. My guess is that, had Pollard been patrolling in the Pats secondary last week in Denver, that Wes Welker would have been too preoccupied looking for Pollard, to even consider taking a cheap-shot on Aqib Talib.  

that's minimal compared to other teams. And to get over the hump isn't asking too much. We were one win away from another SB and two from a ring

RESPONSE: I beg to differ. This team has lots of holes.

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Excellent report Tex - Ive enjoyed it for years...As Pats season is over, Im done for the season as well. I only came back today specifically for your take on the game....Ive been hard on Brady in playoffs last few years. This year the only knock I have was the TD to Edelman he overthrew, other than that he did not throw a pic in 2 playoff games, which he has not accomplished in years. As ragtag as this team was, had the 2 "manning flags" not been thrown, the first of which (Hooman PI) took Pats out of easy FG to tie game at 3, and 2nd of course the phantom PI to allow them a TD drive. Pats ragtag team has a good chance of winning the game. Had Pats won the game, with that Seattle pass rush, Brady would have been picked 4 times, and carried out on a stretcher..Anyway best to you - be well this offseason, I look forward to the next report come next September...

Steve

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the kind words, Steve. I agree that those wo penalties were killers...and aren't getting enough play from the press. Enjoy your "offseason". Take care.

Sections
Shortcuts