Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: Patriots @ Broncos REPORT CARD

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to csylvia79's comment:

I get what your saying and a lot of talent was off the field. At some pont you have to change something on D.  Have we not seen BB out two guys on a TE and just stuff him off the line and not let him move? Do that a play or two... do some  thing to help the lack of talent.   How cvan there be no plan B when Talib has not finished several games and is hurt often?  Really? 

Of course there was a "Plan B". The Pats 2nd best CB, Alfonzo Dennard, was placed on Demaryious Thomas. But, Dennard doesn't have the size or physicality to match up with Thomas. What would Denver's Plan B have been in Peyton got hurt? Some players just can't be replaced, especially on the fly. You don't game plan thinking...okay...what do we do if these guy get hurt? There's just not enough time for that.

Ok Dennards getting beat... lets give him safety help... that didn't work... lets let him bump him on the line with help. lets try collins.... there are in game adjustments... Pats the last few years don't seem to do them as much.  When its the last game of the year... Bb and crew has to stop playing it safe! 

More than anything I think this is the cause of some of the post season failures... may be I'm wrong or off in lala land but man it just seem at times the Pats just say ok this is the best we are going to get out of this defense hopefully it limits our losses.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Ok Dennards getting beat... lets give him safety help... that didn't work... lets let him bump him on the line with help. lets try collins.... there are in game adjustments... Pats the last few years don't seem to do them as much.  When its the last game of the year... Bb and crew has to stop playing it safe! 

More than anything I think this is the cause of some of the post season failures... may be I'm wrong or off in lala land but man it just seem at times the Pats just say ok this is the best we are going to get out of this defense hopefully it limits our losses.

It's not coaching. It's lack of overall talent on defense. It's the poor offseason that BB had, and all those wasted top 100 draft picks, coming to roost. Denver had too many weapons. Can't afford to lose a key player like Talib. If Terrence Knighton had gone down for Denver, different game. Some guys cannot easily be replaced.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Good report Tex.  I've been watching the coaches film a bit tonight and what is so noticeable is how little respect the Broncos had for our receivers and TEs.  They played 8, 9, even 10 in the box, mostly with just a single safety over the top.  They didn't seem to feel any need to double cover anyone (not even Edelman) . . . which meant they were able to leave LBs and DBs free to roam the s hort middle of the field and attack the run and the s hort routes.  The Pats' terrible receiving corp actually contributed to the failures in the run game because the Broncos simply felt no need to send anything more than the minimal guys back into coverage.  

Just a terrible lack of talent.  It may have been different with Gronk, but Gronk hasn't been available in three critical postseason games in a row.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Good report Tex.  I've been watching the coaches film a bit tonight and what is so noticeable is how little respect the Broncos had for our receivers and TEs.  They played 8, 9, even 10 in the box, mostly with just a single safety over the top.  They didn't seem to feel any need to double cover anyone (not even Edelman) . . . which meant they were able to leave LBs and DBs free to roam the s hort middle of the field and attack the run and the s hort routes.  The Pats' terrible receiving corp actually contributed to the failures in the run game because the Broncos simply felt no need to send anything more than the minimal guys back into coverage.  

Just a terrible lack of talent.  It may have been different with Gronk, but Gronk hasn't been available in three critical postseason games in a row.  

It's astounding how people here can blame BB the coach and/or Brady for this loss. Lack of talent, not lack of good coaching or effort, beat the Patriots. BB the GM had a poor offseason. Plus, all of those wasted top 100 draft choices from 2006-12, as I have previously discussed on many occasions, is what did the Pats in.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Thanks TP for another nice report, and especially the time you put in preparation.

The only thing I have is that I'd love to know what really goes on in the Pats draft room. I concur with you that the draft is not an axiom, hypothesis or formula that when applied works without question. In the draft Hitting on some and failing on too many -like you say- is discouraging. It's gone on for way too many years.

From what I read, Bellichick depends too much on the word of his friends in the College ranks, Coaches like Groh at Virginia, Saban at Alabama, Myers at Florida and the Rutgers connection.
     Just think of how many picks that failed ...... you know who they are. Bellichick, to me, seems like a wishful thinking guy in the draft area, especially the Guys with predetermined injury problems. I'd rather gamble than wishful think. I'm not using the hindsight card. There were just too many picks that had to be overruled by BB from the Pats draft Team. That's my guess, anyway.

Always enjoy your comments, you have a good sense of humor ..

Sections
Shortcuts