Patriots @ Browns REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Patriots @ Browns REPORT CARD

In Response to Re: Patriots @ Browns REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]"Though his numbers weren't bad, as he had no picks, and completed 19 of 36 passes for 224 yards, and two TDs...this clearly was not his finest hour: GRADE: D;" A qb who's recievers dropped 5 balls and run game averaged under 3.5 ypc and still gets 224 yards 2 tds and zero int's gets a D?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

We're not talking about some journeyman QB here, we're talking about Tom Brady...who is supposedly one of the greatest QBs of all-time. More is expected from him. He was inaccurate, and missed several open receivers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

agree...Brady started very poorly and misfired on several passes that would have extended drives. Play aside, he is the leader. He has to calm guys down and get them focused, and I didnt' see any of this either. The offense looked completely out of sorts yesterday. So, Brady's stats although decent, don't tell the whole story. 19 of 36...look when he / receivers missed on those 17....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Browns REPORT CARD : Texas, I read every response to your initial "grades" and from all appearances you saved your "Brady doesn't play defense" rebuttal just for me. Thanks, but there's nothing wrong with my eyes. He played poorly like the rest of his team. His coach even acknowledged it. The grade stands.
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

Funny that you'd call TP out for this.  Regardless of whether or not he is correct (he is by the way), if you read some of the things he's said about Manning, you'd think he expects Manning to do so.  

I guess it just depends on the team you choose to root for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

Though his numbers weren't bad, as he had no picks, and completed 19 of 36

19 of 36 ?!?! 18 of 36 is 50%  Throwing too high, behind, too low. Brady was awful. STILL we could've won if not for the opening loss of ball, Gronk fumble, and possibly the beautifully tossed soft pass to Hernandez for a big gain in the center of the field. If we went in the locker room 17 - 14, I doubt they lose that game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Browns REPORT CARD : Funny that you'd call TP out for this.  Regardless of whether or not he is correct (he is by the way), if you read some of the things he's said about Manning, you'd think he expects Manning to do so.   I guess it just depends on the team you choose to root for.
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]

Indy, I've been on here for about five years and I generally don't respond to fans of other teams. I read a lot but, I don't post accordingly - having said that, if I'm not mistaken, Tom is listed as one of the top one hundred (twenty - five best) or so players in the NFL and is a captain on this team. If he is a cut above the rest, I'm going to expect as much from him.
    For the past several games or so his performance has been less than exemplary. The offense is struggling. I suppose this could be summed up to rookies at the skill positions, a newly minted coordinator with no innovation, etc., etc., Once upon a time our opponents truly feared handing the ball over to us with a lead in the fourth quarter. Based on latest results, I think that aura has diminished.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Maybe Offense should be draft priority next year?  OLine as TPat notes, was pitiful v Brownies - no holes for RB and we actually gave up trying.  Light, Neal, Koppen need to go next year and we need lots of O help.

Let's get Julio Jones of Bama and the big OT from BC in the first round next year
    2rd Round OLB Kerrigan from Purdue and OG Henry of Nebraska
    3rd round RB Clay from Wisconsin and C O'Dowd from Cal or C from Ohio State - Brewer

Let's load up on O and go huntin!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Browns REPORT CARD : Funny that you'd call TP out for this.  Regardless of whether or not he is correct (he is by the way), if you read some of the things he's said about Manning, you'd think he expects Manning to do so.   I guess it just depends on the team you choose to root for.

No. The Manning chokes occurred in playoff games, in which he didn't play well, and committed turnovers. In this case, Brady had a bad game in a regular season game...but committed no turnovers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

There were a number of posts regarding Brady's inaccuracy. While I certainly agree that he didn't have a great game, many of his passes, especially those thrown short into the ground, were the result of a pretty strong pass rush. They were situations where the best outcome of a bad situation was to throw the ball away and not get sacked. If I were to place blame for the Pat's feeble offensive performance, it would have to go to the Offenseive Line. They simply got manhandled and couldn't open any holes for the backs and allowed too much pressure on Brady. After that the predictable play calling continues to be an obstacle to keeping teams back on their heels. If most of us can figure out what's coming next defensive coordinators should have little trouble (and certainly as the case of the Browns shows) blunting our attacks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Browns REPORT CARD :      No. The Manning chokes occurred in playoff games, in which he didn't play well, and committed turnovers. In this case, Brady had a bad game in a regular season game...but committed no turnovers.      
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Hey - I was not talking TO you.  I was talking ABOUT you.  Stay out of my conversation with someone else.  Capiche?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Browns REPORT CARD : Hey - I was not talking TO you.  I was talking ABOUT you.  Stay out of my conversation with someone else.  Capiche?

Who appointed you forum mod.? Since when can't anybody jump in to any  conversation...especially when you're talking ABOUT that person? 

What are you going to do about me entering in on your silly conversations...call me a weenie again?? LOL!!!!!