Patriots @ Dolphins REPORT CARD

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: Patriots @ Dolphins REPORT CARD

TexasPat the oline deserves an F minus. 3 and 4 man rushes should never touch Brady... inexcusable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

TP3, they have one pass rusher-TBC and he would be a backup on most teams. Burgess-invisible, A.T.-invisible, Warren-invisible, Green-invisible

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Playoffs?! Did you say playoffs?!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I think your being overly kind to Mayo and Guyton but other then that what can you say this is a bad team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

A tough but honest assesment. It all rolls down hill and BB is having his worst year, decision-wise, of his Patriot's career. We don't honestly have a corner that is a clear #1 and trading Seymour is looking worse every game as Wilfork continues to be double teamed all day.

And I don't agree with the 4th down call; Miami games are always tough, take the points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Tex...the answer, as we ALL know it and have been saying it over and over and over again does NOT lie with the NE players but with the coaches who put them in a position to either succeed or fail.  A fade route to a double covered Moss that's picked May be blamed on Brady for not checking  down, but it lies on O'Idiot for making that call...similarly, THREE left tackle runs to pick up a yard?? what happend to a stretch etc....

In our winning days, our coaches put a bunch of MEDIOCRE players (except for a few) in a position to win and they came thru.  Now, the opposite is true.
    The first step remains to demote Pees and Obrien to line coaches where they belong and hire real DCs and OCs

BB had Dom capers last year and squandered him away...look what he's done this year...

Nothing will change till we have the right coordinators...

great post btw

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Tp3...richly deserved grades to be sure.....I also gave them a P...an A...T...H...E..  T...I...C...and creates a word I never though I would use in reference to this team in this era....

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

TP.  You nailed it in every area.  Always a pleasure to read your recaps (even after another horrible loss).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Agree with most of everything you posted, with the exception of two things. First, going for it on 4th down in the 2nd quarter. You kick the field goal and take the points. It's only the 2nd quarter. Real bad call. Second, the game ball should go to....nobody. As a matter of fact, the coaching staff should take back some of the game balls they have already handed out in previous games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Spot on TP with your grades.  Brady's throw if you look at it - back shoulder was at worst an incompletion.  Guy had inside coverage and that is exactly where the DB was.  Awful.  Missed Aiken deep two weeks in a row.  Say what you will about Aiken, but Brady's insistence on going to Moss and Welker is the deeper concern.  Team was killing guys up front with Volmer, think him out really hurts the OL.  Play calling a disaster at times.  Agreed on the Seymour Monday morning QBs - that ship sailed several years ago, and he wanted big $$.  They need a true pass rusher, and I still believe this secondary will improve.  Safeties are decent, Butler will get better, but the rest is in need of major work.  This team could still finish 10-6 win the division, and host a playoff game.  Far from the glory years, but in a year of transition, I will take it.  Most teams in transition, usually flounder around 5-11/4-12 for several years.  Expectations always huge around here, and rightly so, but take this year, and build on next.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

I agree with the analysis except for that 4th down attempt. Take the points, you're only in the 2nd qtr. 

Overall, I don't see this team going anywhere this year, and will be lucky to win the division if this keeps up. Wes Welker reminds me of Troy Brown in the Pete Carroll days...the only one out there making plays. I think BB has hit the Kool-Aid one to many times...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

If I am right about the stats, Brady was only 6-15 in the second half.  A flawless 13-14 in the 1st.  Big change.  Was he or was he not healthy?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Tex- don't have answers to your questions. Not sure BB does either.This is definitely his worse year as Pats coach.And he's earning the failing grades. I know Piloli wasn't on the field- but it's obvious the cast of characters on the field are not as you so aptly put it demonstrating any kind of pride or talent. Bad news bears comes to mind. Missing McDaniels as well. Pees has no answers- and the execution or lack there of on the field is embarrassing week after week now.
    Wes Welker is the the only consistent bright star. Don't know waht to say about TB and the red zone debacles. Your assessments are right on. Can you pick up and come on over to Gillette? BB needs some strong counsel and the team needs someone to kick their #$@!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

RESPONSE: Totally disagree. The strength of this team is their offense. The Pats had the chance to put a stranglehold on the game by making a lousy yard against a mediocre defense. If they can't accomplish that, they don't deserve to win. 

You win a game by accumulating points during the course of the game. You don't put a strangle hold on a game in the 2nd quarter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

TP:

I am EXTREMELY frustrated with this - it seems we show semblance of greatness in every game - in the first quarter and probably in the first half. What the bloody heck happens in the second half ???? Maybe we should not go back to the locker room at half time?

The body language of the players and coach is very discouraging. They seem to PANIC in the clutch!! As much as I hate to say this, with 2 road games coming up, I am not pessimistic on our ability to make the playoffs this year.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Let's face facts. We're a mediocre team at best. We don't deserve to be in the playoffs. If we should get there through the incompetence of our equally mediocre division we'll only be one and done.

Today was obviously not an isolated incident. Any team can have a bad day but we're clearly not in that situation. We've been having bad days all year. That means we're just simply not as good as many, including myself, had thought at the beginning of the year.

We're also a long way from a single issue fix. A pass  rusher is not going to make us an automatic contender again. We need help pretty much across the board, including coaching, exceot QB. We need to build around brady, he's a HOF QB with 7-10 years left in the tank and our best player.  Blaming him for our current problems is ridiculous.

Look at the stars that surround both manning and brees, on both sides of the ball. We lost all our stars!! tedy, vrabel, seymour, graham, woody, branch, dilllon, asante, etc. etc. We have to draft, coach up and create new stars.

We need a OC and  DC for starters. Not some hospitality clerk that gets "promoted from within" but top level, experienced NFL guys, who buy into belechick's methods. He's still the best coach in the NFL.

On defense, we need at least one stud OLB/DE, a shut down corner and an ILB. We need to resign fork  and upgrade at DT with a guy who can also rush the passer. 

On offense, we need at least one robert meachem type receiver, one stud TE, at least one guard to groom for the future, a RT who can actually block ,a highly rated RB and re-sign logan mankins.

This can be done within 2-3 years with the draft picks we own and a little luck.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Today was a sad sad day... i saw a team with not enough leadership, not enough pasion, zero hunger.

:(

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAT-from-India. Show PAT-from-India's posts

Very Sad weekend...

I saw the last game highlights as we do not get live games here in India. I felt what has happened to the defense and TB looks like I have never seen.

Hope they can run the table which was a sureity but now at best I can hope that they will and do find some schemes to contain opposition offense..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTS. Show BostonTS's posts

"  If you want to criticize BB, criticize his choice of play on the 4th down call...not the decision. "

Amen Texas Pat. Your post-game summaries are better than any other Pats coverage on the Globe site, period.

Sections
Shortcuts