Patriots @ Dolphins REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Patriots @ Dolphins REPORT CARD

Pretty good write up T-Pat. 

That kick out of bounds was absolutely huge along with all the missed tackles all day long by the secondary.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Is that the coaches fault, Brady's...or both? Brady certainly can audible any time he wants. 

[/QUOTE]

Going all "Rusty" on us here TP? I am quite certain, that if BB wants running in the red-zone, there is running. I am also quite certain that if he wants running and does not make that clear he is absolutely not the great HC we all agree he is.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

sound like a broken record.......Brady and INT.......you have been posting it all day.....Leon..one team wins the SB....you just have to hope it isn't the Pats.

no self control.........the ultimate compliment Leon...the Pats are in your head....you just have to continue coming on this board to comment about the Pats. Hoping something bad happens. Thank you for your support of the forum and our team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Receivers get a B+. Usually agrre with you but it seemed as though we had at least a 1/2 dozen drops and Boyce had most of them til Collie took his place. Then Amendola drops the winning TD. The way I see it is: we draft 3 rookie receivers and none of them can consistently catch the ball. Maybe that will improve next year as they get more comfortable but this year it's a crap-shoot with them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

The OL gets a better grade than Brady. What's up with that? Brady has almost no time back there, so he can't go deep--even if the recivers got any separation, which they rarely do--- and got hit 7 times. Sure the OL has injuries but if you can't give TB the time we're not going anywhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Is that the coaches fault, Brady's...or both? Brady certainly can audible any time he wants. 

[/QUOTE]

Going all "Rusty" on us here TP? I am quite certain, that if BB wants running in the red-zone, there is running. I am also quite certain that if he wants running and does not make that clear he is absolutely not the great HC we all agree he is.

[/QUOTE]

Come on, Babe...stop gazing at your Tom Terrific poster for a moment, please. We both know that Tom can audible any time he wants to.

Why are you getting so worked up because I gave Tom a "C"? He had an okay game. Had he pulled off that last second drive, his grade would have shot up to an "A-". Performing in the clutch with the game on the line impresses scores huge points with me. But, he didn't.

He passed for 195 yards in the 4th quarter...but only for 169 for the remainder of the game. Had he played better in the first three quarters, he would have had a monster game, and the Pats would have won.

Tom knows that he and his Boys left lots of points on the field, mainly because they couldn't finish three deep drives into the red zone. That's why he was so hot at the end of the game.

As for comparing me to our "Viilage Idiot"...spare me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The OL gets a better grade than Brady. What's up with that? Brady has almost no time back there, so he can't go deep--even if the recivers got any separation, which they rarely do--- and got hit 7 times. Sure the OL has injuries but if you can't give TB the time we're not going anywhere.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I was too generous with the OL. But, considering that the Pats played most of this game without their two starting OTs...the reserves did pretty well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Receivers get a B+. Usually agrre with you but it seemed as though we had at least a 1/2 dozen drops and Boyce had most of them til Collie took his place. Then Amendola drops the winning TD. The way I see it is: we draft 3 rookie receivers and none of them can consistently catch the ball. Maybe that will improve next year as they get more comfortable but this year it's a crap-shoot with them.

[/QUOTE]

Edelman and Amendola both netted over 130 yards receiving. That's exceptional.

To expect rookie WRs to step in and play like 5 year veterans is asking too much. You may remember the rookie year that Dion Branch had...something like 43 receptions. Under the circumstances, Thompkins, Boyce, and Dobson have done okay, for rookies. Next year will tell whether they are keepers.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

Performing in the clutch with the game on the line impresses scores huge points with me. But, he didn't.

[/QUOTE]

So, the 6-play 73-yard 4th quarter drive that put the Pats ahead 20-17 with 4 minutes left wasn't clutch?

He had to do it twice?

Please remember this grading system when TB moves on and we see Scott Secules II.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman and Amendola both netted over 130 yards receiving. That's exceptional.

To expect rookie WRs to step in and play like 5 year veterans is asking too much. You may remember the rookie year that Dion Branch had...something like 43 receptions. Under the circumstances, Thompkins, Boyce, and Dobson have done okay, for rookies. Next year will tell whether they are keepers.  

[/QUOTE]

Dobson, Thompkins and Vereen all are in the NFL top 20 for # of drops. The drop rates are 10.7%, 10.0% and 9.7% respectively. The way that Boyce performed sunday, I'm thinking he'll be right there with them as he sees more playing time. Overall the Pats are the second worst team in the NFL (behind Detroit) as far as # of drops.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can't be serious Tex giving Brady a "C".  The OL is was a complete disaster, Amendola dropping an easy TD, And still Brady got them the go ahead lead late in the 4th.  

If the Defense could have just held the Dolphins to just three pts instead of a TD, then Brady would have gotten enough to win the game.

The entire defense is an F along with the O-line.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Performing in the clutch with the game on the line impresses scores huge points with me. But, he didn't.

[/QUOTE]

So, the 6-play 73-yard 4th quarter drive that put the Pats ahead 20-17 with 4 minutes left wasn't clutch?

RESPONSE: No. It was rendered meaningless, because Brady and his Boys couldn't finish the drive.

He had to do it twice?

RESPONSE: The Pats were stopped by Miami twice earlier in the game...at the Miami 4, and at the Miami 5 yard line. Failure to finish those drives with TDs cost the Pats 8 points, and the game.

Please remember this grading system when TB moves on and we see Scott Secules II.

RESPONSE: Spare me with this Homer-ic logic, James Augustus.. A loss is a loss, whether by 24 points or by one. Heck...if you asked Tom Brady how he would grade himself for this performance, he tell you, an "F", because the Pats left too many points on the field, and didn't come through in the clutch. They were guilty of this on both sides of the ball. 

[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

RESPONSE: No. It was rendered meaningless, because Brady and his Boys couldn't finish the drive.

I believe the drive he was referring to that put the Pats up late in the 4th quarter was a TD drive.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Saw replays of the interception..    IMHO, if Brady had led Edelman more, since he was running across the endzone from Brady's right to left, the defender would not have been in position to make the INT.  Basically, Brady threw the ball right to the spot where the defender was.  Thoughts?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Come on, Babe...stop gazing at your Tom Terrific poster for a moment, please. We both know that Tom can audible any time he wants to.

Why are you getting so worked up because I gave Tom a "C"? He had an okay game. Had he pulled off that last second drive, his grade would have shot up to an "A-". Performing in the clutch with the game on the line impresses scores huge points with me. But, he didn't.

He passed for 195 yards in the 4th quarter...but only for 169 for the remainder of the game. Had he played better in the first three quarters, he would have had a monster game, and the Pats would have won.

Tom knows that he and his Boys left lots of points on the field, mainly because they couldn't finish three deep drives into the red zone. That's why he was so hot at the end of the game.

[/QUOTE]

Not CLutch??? did tom not lead us downfield to give us a 20-17 lead with 4 left? i mean yes Tom only played an average game up until then and the redzone calling was sorry but he also had his o-line depleted and not blocking too. also tom threw a dime to Amendola and if that's Gronk we win... cant blame tom for personnel around him. I'd say B to B- on that.. he is clutch

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not CLutch??? did tom not lead us downfield to give us a 20-17 lead with 4 left?

RESPONSE: Where did I say that Brady isn't "clutch"? What I said was that the Pats left too many points on the field because they couldn't finish drives with TDs...and couldn't finish their frantic final drive. Had Brady led the Pats to a TD on that final drive, his grade would have shot up from a "C"to an A- due to his clutch play. 

i mean yes Tom only played an average game up until then and the redzone calling was sorry but he also had his o-line depleted and not blocking too.

RESPONSE: Yes...he played average. Therefore, I gave him a "C". Had that frantic final drive resulted in a game winning TD...a different story.

also tom threw a dime to Amendola and if that's Gronk we win... cant blame tom for personnel around him. I'd say B to B- on that.. he is clutch

RESPONSE: Next man up. We praise Tom and claim that he's better than Peyton because he can make lemonaide out of lemons. In other words, because he can elevate lesser players, and win with them. Gronk is gone. Brady and BB knew that going into this game. But, unfortunately. BB and Brady were unable to compensate for that loss. Brady himself will tell you that the team must find a way to get it done in the red zone, Gronk-less. If they can't...they're going nowhere fast.

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Saw replays of the interception..    IMHO, if Brady had led Edelman more, since he was running across the endzone from Brady's right to left, the defender would not have been in position to make the INT.  Basically, Brady threw the ball right to the spot where the defender was.  Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

if its the last play that was to Collie and the guy was covering him to the inside so brady threw it a bit behind Collie and the guy who picked it off came OFF his man who was inside to make the pick ala Asante Samuel. I mean when the D KNOWS you have to throw to the endzone and you are on the 20, its pretty grim and ridiculous to think Brady SHOULD have done it. Could he have, yes but his weapons were the worst for that situation. Slow , short TE and 2 short slot WRs trying to catch fade routes?? I would have blamed the D if they had given up that TD more than anything cuz thats easy to defend. Brady cant run, so you drop as many defenders into the e/z you can. Its almost impossible without a big target.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not CLutch??? did tom not lead us downfield to give us a 20-17 lead with 4 left?

RESPONSE: Where did I say that Brady isn't "clutch"? What I said was that the Pats left too many points on the field because they couldn't finish drives with TDs...and couldn't finish their frantic final drive. Had Brady led the Pats to a TD on that final drive, his grade would have shot up from a "C"to an A- due to his clutch play. 

i mean yes Tom only played an average game up until then and the redzone calling was sorry but he also had his o-line depleted and not blocking too.

RESPONSE: Yes...he played average. Therefore, I gave him a "C". Had that frantic final drive resulted in a game winning TD...a different story.

also tom threw a dime to Amendola and if that's Gronk we win... cant blame tom for personnel around him. I'd say B to B- on that.. he is clutch

RESPONSE: Next man up. We praise Tom and claim that he's better than Peyton because he can make lemonaide out of lemons. In other words, because he can elevate lesser players, and win with them. Gronk is gone. Brady and BB knew that going into this game. But, unfortunately. BB and Brady were unable to compensate for that loss. Brady himself will tell you that the team must find a way to get it done in the red zone, Gronk-less. If they can't...they're going nowhere fast.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I Understand that and the red zone O was sorry all game, We all know this and ball needs to be handed off more. But Tom did float a beaut to DA. You stated in a post to babe I think that tI'm didn't get it done. IMO driving us down and giving a 20-17 lead gets it done and putting a ball in DA's hands to take the lead is getting it done too. Like Gisele said "he can't throw and catch the balls"......just opinion there

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I Understand that and the red zone O was sorry all game, We all know this and ball needs to be handed off more. But Tom did float a beaut to DA. You stated in a post to babe I think that tI'm didn't get it done. IMO driving us down and giving a 20-17 lead gets it done and putting a ball in DA's hands to take the lead is getting it done too. Like Gisele said "he can't throw and catch the balls"......just opinion there

[/QUOTE]

Yes...had Danny caught that pass, all of this would have been academic. But, he didn't. That made Tom's failure to finish those previous two long drives which stalled at the Miami 4 and 5 yard line, respectively, into TDs, more pronounced.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

good report card again. i would prob grade brady a little higher but overall i agree. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

Brady - B. Special teams - F.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes...had Danny caught that pass, all of this would have been academic. But, he didn't. That made Tom's failure to finish those previous two long drives which stalled at the Miami 4 and 5 yard line, respectively, into TDs, more pronounced.  

[/QUOTE]

can't disagree there. i personally thought on that 4th and 2 inside the 10 they shouldve went for it. i thought on  the 3rd and 2 they should just power it 2 twice and grab the first down. we need to run more inside the 20s

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It goes like this TP. When people are dropping the ball all day, you don't only reflect that in their score, you reflect it in Brady's; in a positive way. When he gets the ball to Amendola for a winner TD and Amendola drops it, you don't blame TB in your grading.

Brady certainly has some leeway to call audibles, but if BB thought running was essential there he could tell Brady that.

One needs not be staring at a poster to say Brady deserved a B instead of a C in that game. That's one step away from Rusty's blowup doll remarks. So yeah, you're sounding like that guy in this case because you don't like being called out for being wrong on your Brady grade.

Face it TP, you do pretty well on these, but you mostly can't grade Brady for beans, and usually err to the low side.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So because Amendola drops a TD you penalize Brady? There is a basic flaw in your grading criteria TP.