Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD

Tex - your constant insults to the team are really annoying and make me question whether you even like the team or are a disguised troll. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]Tex - your constant insults to the team are really annoying and make me question whether you even like the team or are a disguised troll. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

OK, Mighty One. Put down the kool aid for a minute, and tell me what criticisms I've made about the Patriots that you disagree with?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Everything you said, every week, unless we have a blowout.  It's extremely negative.  For a cool aid drinker like me, it's difficult to stomach. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :      Oh...I see. The Pats' didn't bbeat anybody good in 2008 because they rrelied too heavily on Moss, or because Moss is overrated. It had nothing to do with Brady missing the season, Mayo missing part of that season, Seymour missing ppart of that season, warren missing most of that season, or poor secondary play. Yeah...OK.          In 2009, it had nothing to do with Brady still dealing with the rust from missing 2008, Richard Seymour being gone, Ty Warren being out for almost the entire season, Mike Vrabel being gone, lack of a 3rd WR (I mean...Sam Aiken??), poor secondary play, lack of a pass-rush, and Stephen Neal missing most of the season.      And I'm the one who is off-base???       LOL!!!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

No, you're just the one with a reading comprehension problem.

2001 Troy Brown/David Patten
    2003 Deion Branch/Kevin Faulk
    2004 David Givens/David Patten

These are your top two receivers in those years. Do you know what the constant in those years was? Do you notice that the same name doesn't appear twice in a row? Would ANY of the above ever be in the same sentence comparing them with the abilities of Randy Moss?

Now, go on and tell me more how much better this TEAM is considering Moss is on it (and Brady's performance for that matter).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Everything you said, every week, unless we have a blowout.  It's extremely negative.  For a cool aid drinker like me, it's difficult to stomach. 

Well, believe it or not, calling it like I see it, after watching a game like last weekends' debacle, is difficult for me to stomach, too...LOL!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Fair enough, but I don't think the Pats are that bad.  They were up against a good team.  Even the best get beat some times. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD : No, you're just the one with a reading comprehension problem. 2001 Troy Brown/David Patten 2003 Deion Branch/Kevin Faulk 2004 David Givens/David Patten These are your top two receivers in those years. Do you know what the constant in those years was? Do you notice that the same name doesn't appear twice in a row? Would ANY of the above ever be in the same sentence comparing them with the abilities of Randy Moss? Now, go on and tell me more how much better this TEAM is considering Moss is on it (and Brady's performance for that matter).
    Posted by sml1210[/QUOTE]

Surely you jest. There's just a "slight" difference between the Patriot defense of those SB years...and the imposters that are lining up on their "D" today...wouldn't you say? Wouldn't you also agree that the Pats' coaching staff and scouting department were better in those years? Not to mention thaat the Pats had Corey Dillon in 2004...and future HOF kicker Adam Vinatieri.

With the exception of 2001, if the Pats had Moss in those years, they may not have lost a single game.

Why all the hate for Moss? Isn't it at least possible that BB and Tom Brady aren't as committed to winning as they once were? Who on the current defensive unit stacks up to Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi...need I continue?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Fair enough, but I don't think the Pats are that bad.  They were up against a good team.  Even the best get beat some times. 

Mighty One...when is the last time that the Patriots have beaten a good team on the road?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

For those of you who think that I've been too tough on BB and the Pats defense, here are some cold, hard football facts: http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/Archive_3315_Jets_find_Belichick_Defense_the_cure_for_what_ails_ya.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

A lot of hand-wringing here about the Pats. I believe in being critical but listening to EEI and reading these posts only confirms for me that many people have an ax to grind against BB. We owned the first half but didnt score a whole lot of points. That fired the jets up and when they started to turn it around (like every emotional game) they got the big mo and rode it victory. They outplayed the pats on both sides of the ball. Brady's forcing of the ball to Moss was a factor in the loss but not the cause of it - neither was Butler's miscues, nor was the imaginary adjustments BB was supposed to make to counter the ones that Ryan might have made. Honestly, what do you think Ryan told his team at half? I doubt that it was an x's and o's treatise on football tactics. I bet it was as simple as this: Rush the QB, hit them harder, and play like this game like it is the SuperBowl, becuase for us, it is. Then they went out and did just that. WE have no running game and that is BB's fault. Do we really need one? I doubt it. Brady has enough tools to control 40 minutes of each game if he wants to. I bet you he learned his lesson re:forcing the bomb. Make your mistakes now and learn from them. IMHO Brady has always been an average long-ball passer. However he might be the best qb ever outside of the bomb. With the recievers he has now, there is no reason why we cant outscore anyone on this planet...meanwhile the younger, more athletic defense will gain experience.  We can win this thing. Trust me (and BB).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of hand-wringing here about the Pats. I believe in being critical but listening to EEI and reading these posts only confirms for me that many people have an ax to grind against BB. We owned the first half but didnt score a whole lot of points. That fired the jets up and when they started to turn it around (like every emotional game) they got the big mo and rode it victory. They outplayed the pats on both sides of the ball. Brady's forcing of the ball to Moss was a factor in the loss but not the cause of it - neither was Butler's miscues, nor was the imaginary adjustments BB was supposed to make to counter the ones that Ryan might have made. Honestly, what do you think Ryan told his team at half? I doubt that it was an x's and o's treatise on football tactics. I bet it was as simple as this: Rush the QB, hit them harder, and play like this game like it is the SuperBowl, becuase for us, it is. Then they went out and did just that. WE have no running game and that is BB's fault. Do we really need one? I doubt it. Brady has enough tools to control 40 minutes of each game if he wants to. I bet you he learned his lesson re:forcing the bomb. Make your mistakes now and learn from them. IMHO Brady has always been an average long-ball passer. However he might be the best qb ever outside of the bomb. With the recievers he has now, there is no reason why we cant outscore anyone on this planet...meanwhile the younger, more athletic defense will gain experience.  We can win this thing. Trust me (and BB).
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

Similar optimism was spouted in 2009. Goals have been reduced from winning a SB, to winning the AFC East. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I love the Pats and it ruins my day when they lose.  I have to admit it.  The super bowl days are over.  They are a young team trying to build a contender. I fantasize and hope and say this is like 2001  But reality says this team is good, but not great.  Not sure what is happening.  They were bad in the 2nd half against a team that is not that good.  Look what the Ravens did to the Jets offense. We made Sanchez look like Namath, as we did for Henne last year. The Pats  are a good team.  Period.  They are not a super bowl team now.  Hopefully they can get there this year, but is that just wishful thinking.  and to hell with the trolls who love to see the Pats lose.  Their teams stink too!  The Jets and Colts have the same record as the Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :      Similar optimism was spouted in 2009. Goals have been reduced from winning a SB, to winning the AFC East. 
    You are troll whose team is sh*t.  Go back to the 0-2 Cowboys and die.  Leave us alone, loser.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD :      Surely you jest. There's just a "slight" difference between the Patriot defense of those SB years...and the imposters that are lining up on their "D" today...wouldn't you say? Wouldn't you also agree that the Pats' coaching staff and scouting department were better in those years? Not to mention thaat the Pats had Corey Dillon in 2004...and future HOF kicker Adam Vinatieri.        With the exception of 2001, if the Pats had Moss in those years, they may not have lost a single game.      Why all the hate for Moss? Isn't it at least possible that BB and Tom Brady aren't as committed to winning as they once were? Who on the current defensive unit stacks up to Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi...need I continue?  

Oy.

The debate wasn't whether the Pats defense is better now rather than then. Or if Vinitiari was a better kicker than Ghost. Or is Weis is better than O'Brien.

The debate was whether Brady is performing better now with Moss or whether his performance was better when he moved the ball around. I guess that's too tough for you to focus on.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD : Oy. The debate wasn't whether the Pats defense is better now rather than then. Or if Vinitiari was a better kicker than Ghost. Or is Weis is better than O'Brien. The debate was whether Brady is performing better now with Moss or whether his performance was better when he moved the ball around. I guess that's too tough for you to focus on.

Were these your feelings in 2007, or were you one of those fans that gleamed with pride when Brady was hitting Moss all season for TD's? What were Brady's performance issues that year? You didn't see Brady with those kind of numbers with Branch as their #1 receiver.

What TPAT is saying is that those SB's were won with our defense, not our offense. Our offense has been better in a lot of ways than our SB teams, but the defense has been worse. If you have ever played organized sports, you would know that the team with the better defense usually wins, the team with the better pitching staff usually wins, and the team with the better goalie usually wins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD : You are troll whose team is sh*t.  Go back to the 0-2 Cowboys and die.  Leave us alone, loser.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

You are a clown who obviously rarely posts here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Patriots @ Jets REPORT CARD : Oy. The debate wasn't whether the Pats defense is better now rather than then. Or if Vinitiari was a better kicker than Ghost. Or is Weis is better than O'Brien. The debate was whether Brady is performing better now with Moss or whether his performance was better when he moved the ball around. I guess that's too tough for you to focus on.

You cannot separate one from the other. Brady didn't have the pressure of having to score nearly every series in the SB years because his defense could carry the team. But now...his "D" isn't fit to carry water.

For example, the 2003-04 Pats held the record setting Colts' offense to just 14 and 3 points in two playoff games. So...Brady could afford to run the ball, and throw the high percentage dink and dunk passes. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=f02988d056c92be32d684bfa082c7d7d&plckUserId=f02988d056c92be32d684bfa082c7d7d" target="_parent">TexasPat3 .----------------->Welcome back to the world of the new, New England Patriots. The new New England Patriots evolved from that awful SB loss to the NY Giants, which marred an otherwise perfect 2007 season. That loss shattered the cloak of invincibility that once shrouded this team, and its great QB. This statement is 1 billion% TRUE!!!! THE BEST STATEMENT EVER!!! But from there on your comments about BRADY  <--------------------- STINK!!! And your coments R RETARTED!!! So Stop trying to get a job at the globe, it is not going 2 happen... The rest of the team STUNK, not Brady. When your O line and Rb's and your D stinks U can't expect 1 man to win the game 4 U!!!!!! SO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR U KNOW WHAT...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's another slant on the debacle in New York:http://nyj.scout.com/2/1004817.html

Sections
Shortcuts